Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #121  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Its been awhile!!

Hello Everyone....New and Old!! Looks like we've picked up a few newbies....

So the holidays are finally over....! Thank goodness, now we can get back to business as usual! LOL

Over the holidays a few minor slips but nothing compared to the damage I could have done!! LOL

I'm losing at a very slow pace...but still loosing. I weigh/measure on Friday so hopefully the inches are coming off.

@ MeganO-Do you consistently eat the lean meat choices only? I seem to have a problem with that.

Oh and I tried the EAS vanilla shake that someone suggested and I didn't care for it at all. The price was nice but the vitamin taste was overwhelming.... so I think I'll stick to the IP plan until my goal.

Good luck to everyone....Cheers to the New us in 2010!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #122  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

MeganO can you please give me a run down of what you are eating because you are like a superstar weight looser.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #123  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Height: 5'6"

I also tried the EAS shakes... I got the Chocolate Fudge and Dark Chocolate flavors. They are pretty thin, and the flavor is meh, but for the price and convenience I think I'll keep a few in my fridge. I can't justify spending $28 on 6 premade drinks, but still need something (preferably nonrestricted) that I can grab and go.

Oh, and welcome new people. :-)
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 233/150

Height: 5'11"

Well I am new to boards, trying to figure out how to post. I started ended of October, lost 17lbs in a month then went on all inclusive vacation and went thru holidays and gained about 10 lbs back. But i am back and ready to stay after it. I LOVED LOVED LOVED how good I felt. I had so much energy but was definitely cold all the time which was rare for me, was always hot before. I am using the boards to stay accountable and motivated. It is been fun reading everything.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #125  

Yeah!!! I just found out that my HSA (health savings account) will pick up the cost of the program!! I cannot wait to have my consultation!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #126  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

A typical day starts with me logging my food before I eat it to determine my carb intake. I try to stay in the range of 20-25 carbs per day. It has really limited my range of veggies because Green Pepper & Zucchini is a higher carb veggie, even though it is allowed.

With the IP foods, I pick low carb choices likesoups, pudding & premade drinks & the omelet. The Pin Colada is also 3 carbs per serving...so all of those choices are 3 carbs & under.

Then for my veggies i try to stick with spinach, mushrooms, radishes & celery. Yes they do get boring after a while, but the sooner I am to my goal, the sooner I can have other veggies. I turn my veggies into soup w/broth or a big salad normally.

I have finally purchased a high carb box, the cookie n cream bar, but I may return it...I don't think my cravings are that bad to justify the carb count, I will discuss it with my coach at my appt in 30 minutes.

Also, my coach has me on GYMNEVA, that is NOT the correct spelling & it curbs my cravings for sugars & carbs. If it was not for that herb, who knows if I could stay on this.

Hope that helps get you to a higher weight loss next week!
Meghan
Old 01-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

MeghanO, what is GYMNEVA? I googled it can came up with nada. Where do you get it?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #128  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
MeghanO, what is GYMNEVA? I googled it can came up with nada. Where do you get it?
I think she means this:

Gymnema Therapeutic Uses:
Suppress the taste of sweet foods, and consequently the desire to eat
Reduce metabolic effect of sugar by preventing the intestines from absorbing sugar molecules during digestion
Treatment of diabetes
Snakebite treated by powder or paste of the root applied to the wound
Fever treated with oral administration of half announce to an ounce ( one part in 10) of leaves
Swollen glands treated with an external application of triturated leaves mixed with castor oil
Gymnema helps to normal blood sugar
Gymnema controls sugar level
Gymnema controls and regulate weight
Gymnema controls sugar craving
Gymneam reduces the taste of sugar when it is on the mouth
Gymnema curb sweet tooth
Gymnema for blood glucose
Gymnema for Cholesterol
Gymnema gurmar is the natural way to help control blood sugar

from the website: http://www.gymnema.com/

I think GNC carries this too.

Does this look right, MeghanO?
Old 01-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #129  
Started IP 10/30/09

also here, where I buy my vitamins

http://www.puritan.com/gymnema-sylve...-359875008-_-e
Old 01-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #130  
Start Date: 11/30/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeghanO View Post
A typical day starts with me logging my food before I eat it to determine my carb intake. I try to stay in the range of 20-25 carbs per day. It has really limited my range of veggies because Green Pepper & Zucchini is a higher carb veggie, even though it is allowed.

With the IP foods, I pick low carb choices likesoups, pudding & premade drinks & the omelet. The Pin Colada is also 3 carbs per serving...so all of those choices are 3 carbs & under.

Then for my veggies i try to stick with spinach, mushrooms, radishes & celery. Yes they do get boring after a while, but the sooner I am to my goal, the sooner I can have other veggies. I turn my veggies into soup w/broth or a big salad normally.

I have finally purchased a high carb box, the cookie n cream bar, but I may return it...I don't think my cravings are that bad to justify the carb count, I will discuss it with my coach at my appt in 30 minutes.

Also, my coach has me on GYMNEVA, that is NOT the correct spelling & it curbs my cravings for sugars & carbs. If it was not for that herb, who knows if I could stay on this.

Hope that helps get you to a higher weight loss next week!
Meghan
From http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...5/ai_n6249374/

Gymnema Sylvestre

Jonesin' for sugar? Gymnema sylvestre is known in India as gurmar ("destroyer of sugar") because consuming it causes a loss of sweet taste. This isn't just folklore: Several studies have documented the herb's ability to suppress the desire for sweets. Another benefit? It increases insulin release, making it an ideal post-workout supplement that boosts muscle growth in the absence of carbs.

* About 250-500 milligrams 1-3 times a day will knock out your sweet tooth, but be sure to take one of those doses after a workout for the anabolic effect.

--

My only concern would be the insulin release part...
Old 01-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #131  
Started IP 10/30/09

QUOTE ELISHATAMAR:
My only concern would be the insulin release part...

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. what would it mean for us on I.P.? Wouldn't that be counterproductive for us?

But MeghanO seems to be losing faster than others with a similar amount of weight to lose.....

MeghanO, How long have you been taking this and how many mgs. a day?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #132  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

MeghanO are you buying your spinach fresh?

I am still confused on the eat as much green leafy lettuce as you want thing. I really like salads with spinach leaves so do I count that as my vegtables? and would the green leafy lettuce be like romaine or iceburg? Also I have never cooked spinach.
I am on a pudding kick right now so that is all I have for my three IP packs each day and for luch I have 2 cups of broccoli or asparagus or mushrooms and then meat or fish at dinner and same veggies. I am trying to figure why I am not pulling the same numbers. I know that I strayed a few times during the holidays and so I get that but even a few weeks before my numbers are only like 1 or 2lbs. HMMMMMM?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #133  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

So bad news good news, I am not sure yet, as you can see by my ticker, I am only down 1.8 lbs this week but 3% body fat!!! I will take the good with the bad. Last week I did not watch my carbs, I treated the whole week like a wide open relish tray & it didn't go well. Back to counting carbs BEFORE they go into my mouth!

The spinach is real easy to cook Melissa. When at work I put maybe a tablespoon of water in my bowl with a lid & nuke the spinach & normally mushrooms for a minute in the microwave & throw it into a cup of hot water that has my boulion cube dissolving in it...& there I go, soup. At night I might saute it with my other veggies & meat. I count my spinach as a veggie not a leafy green. I also DO NOT eat 2 cups of cooked spinach, I measure it out raw & it is fresh. PS Melissa, the spinach I buy at Walmart stays fresher then what I have purchased at Albertsons.

There we go, the correct spelling of GYMNEMA. My bottle of it is at home but I was taking one morning & night. I will check put my dosage tonight. I think I built it up in my system because I didn't take it for about a month & did just fine, but I am going to start again as my cravings are returning. I get it from my wellness couch but would think you could buy it at most health food type stores. She told me if the urge for carbs or sugars is THERE & I need it to work quick to chew it as I typically swallow it. I lent it to a friend & she is not on this diet but she said it helped with all the holiday sweets that were around! AS far as the insulin release, this is such a NO SUGAR type diet, I doubt we have much to worry about. That just helps with building muscles, which at this point is not our goal & I would think you would need to take a large quanity to build muscle with that pill.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #134  
Started IP 10/30/09

Ok, I'll be the second guinea pig and try it. I order from Puritan's pride, and usually they send you 2 bottles for price of one. If it seems to go well, I'll send the 2nd bottle to whomever of you wants to be 3rd little piggy.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Echobaby, I'm gonna be the third. No need to send it though, I'll hop on the train and order some as well!! Getting through PMS without chocolate cravings would totally rock!!!

MeghanO, thanks!!!! Do you have a printout of the carbs in veggies that you can post on the FAQs page or anything?

I should post the fish stuff I have (sorry meat lovers, I'm a veghead so red meats and pork are off the diet) regarding carbs, calories, etc. It is interesting. All, if you are interested let me know I have it handy to post.
Closed Thread