Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the replies on the chicken. If I end up not liking it, but I am sure I will, I'll send it to someone. And yes, the mushroom soup IS good. I add steamed mushrooms too!!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #422  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Sorry for the multiple posts, but getting ready to place another order with aimtobehealthy. I notice that the chicken soup has no real chicken in it, just "natural flavoring". What does it taste like? I am used to no-chicken soup taste. Does it taste good. I'm not a big fan of the leek soup, but can tolerate it.

The chicken soup is actually sorta good compared to the leek. I add garlic and onion powder, black pepper and hot sauce. It tastes like cream of chicken soup, so since you're a vegetarian, you might not like the taste. You should try adding the cooked broccoli and pulsing it in the food proccessor a few times. Almost like real cream of broccoli, and another way to sneak in more vegetables.

When you place your orders, do you do the big combo pack with all the vitamins and the KM? I did that my first order, but since they included double the KM and Calcium liquid in it, when I placed my next order, I just got the individual boxes(stupidly ordering way too many daily restricteds, so now I mostly only have them left.)

One of my major problems since coming back from Vacation is a tendency to drink a glass or two of wine some days in the evenings. I tested my urine with the ketostix when I first did this on my vacation(when I was still otherwise doing strict I.P. the first few days,) and I was pretty much staying in ketosis. So mentally, I guess I thought why not do it a couple or three days a week? But I see now that it has stalled my weightloss and am trying to get as gungho as I was in the beginning. So, I'm not doing it anymore, I pledge to you all.

Last edited by echobaby; 01-15-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #423  

Echobaby, Thanks for the suggestion on the chx soup. Love sneaking in more veggies. I don't order the supplements from aimtobehealthy. I order alternatives from that puritan's pride place. Their prices are just too good.

Last edited by Ogdog13; 01-15-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #424  

I haven't tried the Soups yet. I've tried the soya balls and the soya nuts. I did not like the soya chips. my personal advisor gave me tricks on things, Maybe that is why I'm finding it much easier, than before.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #425  

LOVE the soya balls and the soy nuts....but I can get soy nuts at my local food market place and they are on the restricted list. what tips and tricks did your coach give you? Please share!! Try the soups, the mushroom is definitely tasty....but I am used to slight off tastes since I eat vegetarian (like the non-chicken chicken soup by Amy's).
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #426  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Wow, so many posts to read and catch up on since yest. morning!

Mystical Momma: so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom 6 years ago and it's still hard for me. I "talk" to her and that helps. Sometimes I just say "Hi Mom" just to say the word "Mom" to myself. Very comforting for some reason.

Cherryface: Welcome to this forum, my friend! It has kept me so motivated. I find I can post about anything and someone (or several someones) will be having similar thoughts or challenges. This is where you can get a lot of your "random" questions answered.

Today I am going to try the turnip fries! MMMMMMMMM can't wait.

Ottawa! I don't know how I missed it! You are at goal weight! We are supposed to have a "Forum Party" for you. I will start it below!

Torchlaker: I missed you! And welcome back! What the h.e.l.l is a Clarion? Can we eat it on IP? LOL.

I have a great TIP for everyone: Go to healthcentral.com and search under
"cholesterol body fit test." When you get to the test you will need to enter your hip, calf and wrist measurements as well as you height and weight.
You will then have a pretty accurate Body Fat Percentage. It also "breaks down" which part of your wt. is lean and which part is fat. With that info you can add a "healthy" fat percentage to your lean weight and come up with a pretty accurate healthy goal weight!

So I did the test and I am 25% body fat. Much lower than what the scale reads (I knew it wasn't accurate because if I was 42% body fat I wouldn't be lookin' this darn good.LOL. Body dsymorphia is waning. Yay!)

So now I have a better idea of how much more wt. I need to lose and it turns out to be just about 5 more pounds!

But I won't change the ticker below just yet. I want to "see" how I look and feel when I lose 5 more pounds first. And I want to get to size 10 jeans, please.

And now for my GREAT NEWS. I lost another 2 pounds and am officially below 180 for the first time in 26 years (I am 56 years old.) My size 12 skinny jeans were getting loose on my hips and I thought they were just getting stretched out but I have lost over 21 total body inches which includes 3.5 inches off my waist and over 2 inches each from bust, hips and tummy (believe me my hips and tummy are two separate entities LOL)

I am celebrating being out of the 180's forever!

:twirl y::bro c:

Last edited by Lilita175; 01-15-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: icons in wrong place
Old 01-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #427  

Princass, that chicken picatta sounds super yummy! Thanks for posting, I'm going to try it on fish this weekend!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #428  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Default Forum Party! for Ottawa. She "quietly" reached goal weight!

Ottawa: Congratulations on your persistence and patience with yourself and your awesome results! You have inspired me beyond words. Thanks for being here and helping me stay motivated.

Wooohooooooo you did it! Let's party like it's 2099.........
: joker:
: bravo:
:che er3::cong rat:: congrat:

OTTAWA, YOU DID IT! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lilita175; 01-15-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #429  
Started IP 10/30/09

:ch eer3::drinkup :Congratulations, Ottowa!!!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #430  
Started IP 10/30/09

NOW, ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE....I MAY HAVE A BLOCKBUSTER!!!

This woman i work with was on a kind of similar plan to I.P.(not MATOL) I never really paid attention to her food when she was doing it(long before I heard of I.P.) This week she's been talking about getting back on her plan. WAIT FOR THIS>>>>She made a white packet of "chili". It looked exactly like ours. She let me taste it. Identical in taste, same hard beans, everything.

Then she said, "they also have spaghetti bolognese and some other hot protien packets. But they're kind of expensive." I said how much? WAIT FOR IT........ladies, sit down please.....$12 for a box of 7. She's in a meeting now but when she comes out, she's going to show me the website and pricing and EVERYTHING. Stand by.....
Old 01-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #431  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Dolphin,... Canada huh? Y'all as fridig as we are here in PA. We are getting up to 45-50 degrees today...whoohooo, even a little warmth is appreciated.
Dolphin, I live and work on the south shore of Montreal! Welcome to this forum!

Ogdog, We are also experiencing one of these warm days of winter... 35F!!! Got already used to the cold weather and feels like I could go out wearing a sweatshirt! (But I won't )

Ottawa, from your work description, I almost believe that we work for the same govt entity (NRC?)... CONGRATULATIONS for reaching your goal!!!
:goo dvibes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #432  
Started IP 10/30/09

OK, it's lindora. The chili and spaghetti are identical, indeed. Same everything. But while the descriptions of other things sound the same, the nutritional values(cals.,carbs, etc are different. Check it out:http://shop.lindora.com/index.htm

For those of us with money issues, though, it could work. To compare nutritional values with our products, go to I.P. FAQs. the first page I think, and there is a nutritional facts sheet. Let us know what you think!!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #433  

Height: 5'6"

Ottawa and SilvieG - Did you say you guys work for the NRC? Just curious because I work for Safariland, we fabricate all the ballistic resistant enclosures required by the NRC at nuclear facilities.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #434  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
OK, it's lindora. The chili and spaghetti are identical, indeed. Same everything. But while the descriptions of other things sound the same, the nutritional values(cals.,carbs, etc are different. Check it out:http://shop.lindora.com/index.htm

For those of us with money issues, though, it could work. To compare nutritional values with our products, go to I.P. FAQs. the first page I think, and there is a nutritional facts sheet. Let us know what you think!!
Thank you Echobaby for posting that site. I could see myself using it once I have hit my goal. At this point I like the one on one I get from my coach. Did you see all those food choices? And the links to GREAT information! Back I go to surfing that site! Thanks again.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 150/127/120

Height: 5' 3"

Default doing IP on the cheap

There always seems to be some discussion of wanting to cut costs. I have been sitting here thinking of ways to do that and thought I would share some of the things I do or thought of doing.

First, commit 100% to the program with no cheating, doing it exactly as it's written. After all, the faster you get there, the cheaper it is, right? For me, this means, only lemon, 1 t olive oil, s & P on my salads, with a few herbs for more flavor. Not cooking anything in oil, except perhaps a quick spray of olive oil cooking spray on the pan. Measuring everything. If I think I can't resist food at a party or other function, I don't go. After all, I've had a lifetime of celebrating. I can forgo a few parties and be just fine.

And a hodge podge of ideas:

Buy your packets by the case, rather than individually. If you are doing IP with a friend or family member, this only makes sense! (and cents!)

Make your own omelettes from egg whites and/or fat free real egg products. You might even mix in a tsp of cocoa and some splenda to make a chocolate crepe.

Avoid the ready to go boxes which are a little more expensive.

Plan a week of eating with no restricted items at all if you are at a plateau. (b/c faster is cheaper!)

Substitute less expensive vitamins. Now I use IPs multi, potassium/cal, calcium/mag and antioxidant, b/c after trying others, I have decided theirs are best on this diet. But I use my own EFAs and digestive enzymes.

Use the allowed laxatives when needed. Gotta keep things moving to lose!

Eat at home. Take dinner leftovers to work for lunch and add lettuce.

Have extra non-restricted packets on hand just in case. Better to "cheat" with an extra packet than with anything else. Faster is cheaper. I actually lose more weight in the weeks when I have a few 4 packet days....

Make sacrifices in other areas in order to afford the program. Put on a sweater and lower the thermostat. Walk to the grocery store. In short, cut discretionary spending!

Keep moving. You can take a walk and stay busy throughout the day without needing to add an extra packet. I work from home, but I make sure I am always on the move. I limit my time at the computer and spend more time on the stairs! lol

When I decided to start IP, I sat down with my husband and said, "Let's figure out how we can afford this." I committed to losing 3 lbs a week and getting to Phase 2 as quickly as possible. When my family saw how committed I was, they were willing to make spending sacrifices for me. I am not taking the scenic route! :]

Hope you all find this helpful~
Closed Thread