General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-15-2005, 03:36 PM   #106  

Red face Tuesday

Thanks for the encouragement LaDean and Alice. I do think low carb eating is for me even though it is the very last diet I tried. I could not imagine not eating lots of carbs before but little did I understand that eating carbs are what creates the desire to eat even more carbs. I almost cannot believe how free from cravings eating low carb is. I am staying on induction longer than the two weeks because I have so much to lose. Plus with the introduction of more carbs also cravings can come along with packagae and then WILL POWER will have to go into play...which the past has shown is not exactly my strong suit. It is just easier to stay where I am.

Yes, Bostons cost and arm and leg out here too. Especially here since there are so few breeders. They are such loveable little dogs...worth all those many pennies and then some.

I am enjoying our cats immensely.

I made that Mock Danish for my DH and a friend and they both loved it. My friend is doing WW and is 1 pound away from goal (so she was concerned with all the fat in it) but thought it was very good.

I just received in the mail this morning a very intriguing book "Grandmother's Secrets the Ancient Rutals and Healing Power of Belly Dancing"...I wished I had started this after I had my D (27 years ago)...instead of waiting until I was 54 (I get the feeling people must think it is scary that I am trying to do it oh well, they don't have to worry it is not like I am going to grab a veil and suddenly begin dancing for them ... it is mainly the DH and my D)

Tonight I begin a garden course...it is English Country Gardening. It is sunny here today but so cold it seems to put the possiblity of gardening at all quite far away.)

Must go and chug all those glasses of water...

Last edited by esteban; 02-15-2005 at 03:38 PM.
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:46 PM   #107  

Esteben, hey i know its worth all the pennies for one. but i do not want to give that for one. i do not want a pup either. want it to be like 1-2 years old. yes i know your enjoying the cats. i like cats to. there so rare here to breeders is why is so spendy. but someday maybe who knows. just take it one day at a time. think of tuffy with a memory each day. we may start going some this summer to and so is good to not have pets to worry about and all. we have not got to enjoy our retirement yet. so hopefully. so happy this plan is working for you. i know i am surprised how i am not craving anymore like i was. i did have 2 slices of bread for lunch. but that is my carbs. i can now add. but still watching it as i do not want to gain. i want to start losing some more. i stayed on introduction to till i got to goal. and then started adding carbs and even tho the lower ones gained tiny bit. so that told me cut down. so i am trying to find the amt for me.. when i can get this goal where i can keep it and all. then i want to go down 20 more lbs. taking it step at a time. but this is my plan for life. keep it up.

good luck this week to all. love working at losing with you. helps me so very much to be able to come in here and not only share our plans but our little kids lifes to. oh its great. thanks to all of you. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:10 PM   #108  
Goddess

Hi Kids!

Judi! I remember you, too!

There have been many, many changes in my life. Divorce, new state, new job, weight loss, another new state and another new job, new boyfriend and his 15-year-old son, 5 cats, 2 dogs, weight gain, hair falling out, finding out my thyroid took a dive. Yeeesh...

Now I need inspiration and motivation to get back on track.
Bannod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 AM   #109  

Hi, hey you got it here. just come in often and we have it to give. plus we get encouragement and all from you being here to. so come often.. nice to meet you. i have reached goal and so happy with it. but have a time getting my carbs for me. i am on atkins plan. doing great on it have loss 38 lbs. got 7 more i want to lose to stay below goal. I also am in TOPS have you heard of that group?? anyhows you will get with it again and lose.as if we have loss before we know how to do it. and to move forward and start doing it again is great. good for you. this is a first step coming in and sharing. so have a good day.

Aleka, Esteben, and Ledom. hope your day is going good. mine is scales are still looking good and its wednesday so that makes my day. at midnite last nite i rode exercise bike 2 more miles. total of 4 yesterday on it. so i felt so good. never got a walk in so had to make up for that. but trying to double up on exercise. its helping. trying to leave out fruit right now to cept the berries there lower. so its all getting with it and being good. ha i had started adding carbs like breads and then got into the sweets. so got to get away now before anymore gains. ha so have a great day to all of you..i am trying also to get into some projects and stay busy around here. that helps me alot. so good day to all. LaDean
Old 02-17-2005, 08:13 AM   #110  

Good morning,

Bannod, I think you had left the PMD thread by the time I started posting. It's a pleasure to meet you.

LaDean, that is fantastic doing 2 miles on your exercise bike at midnight. Good for you! I know what you mean about not wanting to have a dog if you're going to start traveling. Boarding Lacee and/or putting her on a plane is not an option so we usually drive everywhere and take her with us. It sort of limits where you want to go and what you do. Luckily when we came to FL to visit my ILs, they would take care of her while we were out and about. When we had our last Boston, Shamrock, my Dad was alive and he took care of her while we went on trips. If you do wish to get another Boston, and you don't want a puppy, do a search on the computer for any Boston rescue organizations. A very Happy Birthday to you on Sat.

judi, have you tried making pancakes with cream cheese? They really are good. They have a lot of good low carb recipes on this website. I enjoy a low carb meal once in a while.

Hey ledom, how are things going with you?

Take care and have a great weekend.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #111  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Morning. I am doing good, just having a busy week. I also haven't been sleeping well for some reason.

Bannod, sounds like lots of changes in your life. I hope you are getting your health under control now.

judi, you're doing a great job. I am glad you have found a plan that your really really like.

Alice, how's your walking going?

LaDean you're walking and biking are going to get you where you want to be!

Last edited by ledom; 02-17-2005 at 09:26 AM.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:07 AM   #112  

Aleka, thanks so much for the birthday wish. yes for now i think i am putting another one out of mind. i love to go. and now we can for awhile. so taking this into prospect now i think. as at our ages we need to enjoy one another. we had tuffy for 12 fun years and loved every minute of it. so now we need to enjoy and do other things i think at our ages especially. so for now that is the plan. I love this type of dog so much so will get another one if we find one that comes up. but just playing it in field now for awhile. but i think different some days. its like oh i need one of thsoe little fellows running after me. then i think of fun time and memories. so that is meant to be for now. so happy when i come on and chat here and see lacee. that helps alot. shes so cute. I am having a ok week. had to buckle down some. that makes it so nice to have someone to watch them yes. so hope you get to go some when inlaws are there and all. hows your walking? still with it??

Ledom. thanks to you and the others to. glad we all pretty much have our plans. sure makes a difference. i have been snitching into the chips. got to get out of them. ha well hey have a great day all of you. i have to tomorrow face the scales. ha ha LaDean
Old 02-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #113  

Default Thursday

WoW! Bannod that is a LOT of change. Well, good for you...I am glad you are back. What plan did you lose weight on?

LaDean at what carb level did you find you could eat and lose weight at??

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping so well Ledom. You are going to enjoy your sabbatical so much. I can't wait myself for you to be on it

Alice, I haven't looked yet at the recipes. I did have pancakes with lemon and cottage cheese once in a restaurant. They were good. I bet the DH would love them if I made them.

Went to my gardening class, it was so highly idealistic it just made me discouraged and wished I lived in a condo with a balconey instead of a house with 1/2 yard. Just one more class to get thru....

I bought a belly dancing DVD with Rainia (sp.) it has an intense 10 min. segment for each day...well, for 5 days. It will be a long while before what I do even remotely looks like what she is doing I like the music to it though. I found the DVD on Amazon.com.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:45 AM   #114  
Chick

judi-I have been such a bleary poster this week. I think your belly dancing and gardening class sound fun. On peoples reticence about your belly dancing, well I know that feeling. I think people felt the same way about me when I started kayaking - it's good to break out of the mold. It keeps you young to learn new things. Is your gardening class really so bad? Just try to take the parts that can apply to you. I think it sounds delightful - my thoughts are turning to flower gardening as spring approaches. Kind of a sad thing - I have the sweetest formal herb garden in my back yard. It is small but it has given me such joy. (I love formal gardens by the way.) I guess I planted it about 7 years ago. It is four, four foot squares w/ 1 foot paths dividing them. I planted thyme on the edges and a rosemary in the center. I planted 2 varieties of rosemary and it looks like one variety is dying. Rosemary plants do just wear out and die. Now the delimma, do I dig out the other two so I can start over again? They are beautiful still. This little garden has been such a joy to me. It sits next to the patio and when I have company I swish those rosemary plants and we have a wonderful aromatherapy to enjoy.

On the subject of pets, check out this daily blog http://www.textism.com/oliver/daily/
I found it yesterday and have been mesmerized - eventually I'll get through the entire back log of images. The dog is great, but the environment around him is stunning.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:18 PM   #115  

Ledom, yes that is a good picture!

I like a formal garden too. It won't work with my yard because we are part of a forest/woodland setting, so for me the English country garden is best. I have to get plants that do well in the semi shade. Yes, I shouldn't be discouraged...I feel a bit better about it today, I am just going to focus on a bit of land that I really haven't done much with, because it is a hill with bad soil. I think I will plant more rhodos on it. I just have to do a bit at a time and not get overwhelmed by the task at hand sort of like the weight loss.

I have rosemary in my garden too. It is a plant I like but mine is looking pretty scraggly right now.

Atkins is going well. I always thought I would be SO unsuitable to this diet, well sometimes we can surprise ourselves, eh?
Old 02-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #116  

glad the atkins is doing good for you and you like it. i think when we like our plans they work better for us. i find that with me anyhows. i love the atkins plan a life time plan for me. i got off fruit this week and helped me. now got to plant me some blue berries and eat them. ha berries are lower. i had a good week. the scales went down hafe a lb. so still in leeway and looking better. getting closer to that goal and i want to get below it. i will. just taking it slow.

Aleka, hope your day is going good and lacees to. i showed her to hubby on here today. i got a bird feeder from my tops secret pal today. so told hubby guess the birds will be our pets now for awhile. ha so hanging it out front so i can watch it from window. ha i like watching the birds and seeing different ones. so will be fun. You have a great day

Ledom. have a good day. and also bannod.

TO ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.... i am eating out tomorrow birthday but i will be good. ha ha
Old 02-21-2005, 01:26 AM   #117  

Hi all, i had a great birthday and a good day.we ate out and i never over did. was a turkey dinner and for a good cause at our elks club. they had cake so had my birthday cake and just the one slice so that worked out to. so i felt good. so thanks for your birthday wishes. friends like you are the greatest... all in all a great day today sunday to. did have some carbs that were not on my list. but allowed for them. so all in all a good one. never got exercise in last couple days. so back with that tomorrow. so hope all of you have a great day..LaDean
Old 02-21-2005, 07:24 AM   #118  
Chick

LaDean - happy belated Birthday. I meant to send you wishes yesterday but it slipped my mind. I am glad you had a good day.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #119  

Ledom. that is ok. i did have a great birthday. especially when grandbabies called and wish me a happy one. the grandson even sang happy birthday. hes 6 and loves to sing. so all in all another year i am thankful to face. ha My friends online are the greatest... thanks.

just rode exercise bike 2 miles. been slacking this exercise. so today back to my regular carbs. got off. ha I hope your day and the others will be a good one.. i am ready to get with my plan and be good again and not get off it. it starts to creaping the wt up and i got to stop that and not let it happen. LaDean
Old 02-22-2005, 01:47 PM   #120  

Default Tuesday morning

LaDean sounds like your birthday was wonderful. SO cute about your grandson singing to you. I am going to visit my D and grandson tomorrow and am looking forward to it very much. He is tall for a 1 year old my DH is 6'5" so he probably takes after him.

Well, today is 3 weeks since I began Atkins. I have lost 10 pounds in total. PTL for the that! I ordered a couple of boxes of Atkins bars, the mint patties and the coconut bars. I love them..and most of the choc. bars are only 2 carbs too.

LaDean how many carbs can you eat and still lose weight?

Hi miss Alice and miss Ledom Hope you are both doing well.