General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:06 AM   #61  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I just wanted to check in a say hello. I have started back to work and as expected, diet and exercise is HARDER! I stumbled a little, but still feel that I will be able to prevail. Yesterday was very good, Wednesday not good at all. But when I went to bed Wed. night I felt bad about the day and woke up feeling bad about it the next a.m. I guess I need to cultivate that feeling because I worked harder yesterday to do better. I had a bunch of food cooked up, but it's almost gone now so this weekend will be a major cooking and replenishing of the fridge. DD has decided to commute to school this semester instead of living on campus so that is different too. I have mixed feelings about it, of course I like having her here. I am missing some alone time though.

Hope you guys are doing well. I think after this first whirlwind week things will even out a bit for me.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #62  

ledom, you will prevail because the will is there. Was it due to exercise, eating or both that made Wed. a bad day for you? You're back on track again, and that's all that really counts. I know you enjoyed having your own space when your DD was living at the dorm. So, it must be a mixed blessing that she's decided to commute.

LaDean, are you planning on getting another Boston Terrier? If so, you can go into the American Kennel Club and see if there are any breeders fairly close to you.

My exercising and eating have been going well. I'm doing WATP 2 mile walk, and next week I'll be adding 2 lb. weights while walking.

Hope you have a good Friday.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #63  

Ledom. the main thing is your getting back with program when your off. so hang in there. we all have bad days. i plan to make a stew today so i can have some. ha so we just work around it and can have things we want to i find. good luck . things will work out with d home and all. have a good day. i need to prepare my meals more it helps.

Aleka, well i think about it. but then i think not. ha so mixed feelings now. i jsut want to see one as a puppy. never have. it gets lonesome. but i cared for tuffy so much he needed so much care the last 2 years i want one that is bout year old if i get. i loved every moment i took care of him. i treasure those days and times. my plan is going good this week. i hope this morning to be below goal. but if not its ok i am still in leeway . its something getting use to this and all. ha especially being our wt. recorder i have never had kops before. but its ok. just have to remember rules are different for them and all. ha getting there. have a good day

JUDIIIIIII OH WHERE ARE YOU AT.. MISS YOU. HOPE ALL IS OK..
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #64  
Chick

Hey girls, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Alice, exercise and eating both! Didn't have time to workout before work and then I just had one bad thing and one thing led to another. I pretty much was off in every way all day long. Yesterday was a success though and today so far so good. I think even if I don't have time for my full workout I should at least manage my 1 mile on the treadmill everyday because it just sets a better tone. First couple of weeks of classes are always the hardest. I plan to count Wed. as my free day and will workout hard on the weekend. I think I should just plan that anyway as I have more time then.

DD still struggles w/ anxiety and stress and just a lot of the things kids her age struggle with. She is so beautiful and so talented and just can't see it. I think this is probably a transition time for her. I half way expect her to get an apartment sometime this semester. I'm sure she'll hate living with me after a while. But right now I guess it feels safe to her.

LaDean, I hope you find just what you are looking for in a new puppy dog.

Alice, glad to hear you are picking up steam with you walking program.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:30 PM   #65  

Hi gals, well loss 3/4 this week and above goal but in lee way i am going to work harder this week and go below goal . then i feel safer. ha Yes when time comes i will most likely get another pup. so much love and company they are. i see little lacee here and i think oh got to have one. ha if i get one will be that kind. thanks aleka i will go into that site. may have been into it. the vet recommended it to me i think to. but will check it out. love looking at the pictures of them and all. ha but hubby said today lets wait and we can start going alittle bit now. so i said ok. will do as i love going. i am so happy we all have our plans and all. makes it so nice to share them and all. and our babies to. ha ha hey wonder where that Judi is/???? i sure miss her. Have a good weekend the both of you. I made a stew today and will eat it. then back to my carbs. ha ha LaDean
Old 01-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #66  

hi., i been busy with laundry today. nice sunny summer day and i love hanging the wash out. so its getting all dry. i been staying busy.. i have to get those scales down this week. its just not good to get in habit of being in leee way as i am above goal a lb. so better get with it. so walk later today. in fact getting ready to head out any time. having pork chops and vegie tonite for dinner. so that will be good. then today has been good so far to.. I hope both of you are having a good day.. LaDean
Old 01-25-2005, 07:31 AM   #67  
Chick

Good morning, hey Alice - bet you're happy you live in Fla. this weekk?!? And LaDean it sounds as if you're having picture perfect weather.

Another busy week here but Monday, the hardest day, is over. And, I have somethiing good to look forward to this weekend. It's the annual girls get-away to the mountains north of here. I am looking forward to that.

I am working hard on diet and exercise. Exercise going better now but I'm not doing too bad with eating, just not perfect.

Have a good day.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:49 AM   #68  

Good morning,

ledom, you're right. I am glad to be living in FL this week. But, it has been awfully cold here. It's gotten into the 30's these past couple of nights and it's only gotten into the 50's during the day. At least we don't have the snow they got up north. I have been in touch with a few family members and a couple of my friends to see how they fared. They all have seemed to have weathered the storm pretty well. Did you get anything out of that storm? I know how much fun you girls have on your mountain getaway. That is something for you to look forward to. Glad the exercise is going well for you. As far as eating, all the articles I have read have said to take baby steps. That way the changes become permanent. You'll get there with the eating.

LaDean, congratulations on the 3/4 lb. It is hard maintaining your weight loss. I have read that losing the weight is the easy part (ya, right) and maintaing is the hard part. Glad that you're having some nice weather.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:41 AM   #69  

Aleka, yes i am getting use to keeping it in this one area. I do think its easier losing it yes. so that is why i decided to just balance here for awhile. then garden season when i do lose or did before.ha i can go down some. Yes our weather is so pretty just like summer. gets foggy at nite. but no complaining for sure. hey cold for there where your at. thanks i love this weather. sure enjoying it. Have a great day to both of you. LaDean
Old 01-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #70  

Good morning,

My eating and exercising are going well. I do slip occasionally, but get right back on the next day.

Lacee had her teeth cleaned yesterday. So, she spent the day at the Vets. It was very lonesome around the house. She's home and doing well, but she hasn't left my side for a moment.

ledom, this is your big weekend. Have a wonderful time with your friends. Your annual weekend getaways sound like a lot of fun.

LaDean, how are things going with you?

Have a good day.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #71  
Chick

Morning Alice - this is going to be our year. I just know it. Congrats on your diet and exercise focus.

I am very excited about the getaway - it is like my New Year in a way. It's a party. There is such a tradition about where we go. I was introduced to it by my friend Mary - she always spearheaded this girls weekend. Well, Mary died 6 years ago in her sleep at the age of 40. Her birthday is Jan. 31 and we always try to go back there around her birthday. We remember her and each of us rehash our year, our lives, our plans. It is a good thing. This year we have a new friend to take with us. Last year one of our members was in an unhappy marriage, during the past year she has divorced, bought a new home, and will be a grandmother soon. I'd say her life has taken the most radical turn. Anyway, you get the picture. It's a touchstone weekend.

I am going to be ready to start a new and improved exercise and diet program when I get back. I am going to get serious about counting calories and I have a new workout plotted out. I am going to stop being so intuitive about dieting and start being scientific about it.

LaDean I hope you are having a good day and have a good weekend. Are you planning your garden yet? I want to dig a new flower bed this year.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #72  

Morning Aleka and Ledom. Never went to tops this morning. something came up. so decided not to go.. I am doing fine. been walking and plan well ate more carbs this week. so today its back to less of them. I am having a time getting the amt for my body and all. so just have been adding here and there and got to get away from that and buckle down and get with it. so happy to hear the both of you are doing good. Hey Ledom have a fun trip. that is so sweet to do that in memory of your friend and having a new friend to take. that is great. know you all have a ball. Aleka glad lacee is doing ok. give her some loves for me. i sure miss tuffy still but life goes on. have decided now just to not think of another one now. our area out here and all would just not be good for another dog. no where to really walk and all with one. its built up so much in the last year and the road going through is like so busy and all. it use to be like out in country and so different. oh well time will tell.ha I am so glad your plan aleka is going good. No have not started garden yet. its like summer and makes us want to get with it. but not for awhile as winter is still here and all. we got lawn work done and all. I need to get one flower bed weeded. ha i am ready for garden. ha well hey you 2 have a great weekend.

Judi....Oh where oh where are you....??????? miss you.... Hope all is ok
Old 01-28-2005, 11:17 AM   #73  

Ledom, I am so sorry about your girlfriend. That must have been hard on all of you. I'm sure you all have great memories of your friend and it's wonderful to get together and talk about them. Glad that you have a new friend going with you this year. I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time. It's good to shake things up dieting and exercising. I'm not following any particular program, as I just can't seem to stick to anything for very long. I'm just eating like I normally do, but eating less. I really think the exercising is playing a major role in my weight loss. I finally have found something I can stick to. You're absolutely right that this is our year!

LaDean, glad you're having such great weather. It has warmed up a bit and it's delightful. I have no idea if we'll get back into the cooler weather that we had last week.

Take care.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:04 PM   #74  

Aleka, so glad its warmed up there to. i hope ours stays. was windy and stormy a bit today but not for long. so glad your exercise is working so well for you. i am a true believer in exercise. i make it fun and i love it. just got in from a walk. i always feel so good. never went to tops this am. had other plans. but i have done good all day with my program. your doing right by eating less and all. at least your watching it. its when we give up and do nothing is the bad part. give lacee loves for me. i just love to see this picture of her. i have the whole mantle of tuffy. so i get a sad moment and see how happy dogs they are and see the pictures and it makes me happy. as he never wanted to see us sad. i am so happy i can share him with you andall. having one you understand how they are. and Ledom sharing with you to. as you love animals and have your cats and all. that is why l love this board. who knows when the time comes i may have another baby to. ha ha well have a great weekend. LaDean
Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 AM   #75  

A Good Monday Morning.....

LaDean, glad that you had a good day with dieting and exercising. Keep up the good work.

ledom, how was your weekend and was it cold up in the mountains?

Have a wonderful day.