Old 10-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #1  
Melting Butter

Lightbulb How Do You Plan to Celebrate?

I know we are all at different points in our goals for losing weight. Where ever we are whether we have 5 pounds to lose or 105 it still seems like the longest and most difficult thing to do.

I have celebrations for some significant weights that I have or will reach.

170: To be overjoyed that I was going back to school 13 pounds lighter.
150: Manicure
140: Use Express giftcard (clothing store) to get something in a small size.
130: Pierce my belly button and wear a bright colored bikini on the beach.

Am I just crazy or does anyone else have celebrations like this?

If you don't I would encourage you to do so. It's something great to look forward to. A wonderful motivator in some instances and something to make you feel really good.

My mom gives herself 'From: Me, To: Me' gifts on Christmas that she wraps up herself. I used to think she was crazy! Why wrap a gift for yourself if you already know what it is? I've finally found out her secret.

Last edited by healthyme05; 10-20-2005 at 03:55 PM.
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm actually working on putting a list together for myself right now (may be stealing some idea in the future, but here is what I have so far)

170- Pedicure
160- Massage
150- ???
145- Day at the spa and/or the tattoo that I want
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #3  
*meow*

Height: 5'7"

Default Oh yeah!

I had a whole chart mapped out with rewards for 5 lb increments. But I got side-tracked. Now that I'm back and in full force I should whip up a new one. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm going to have to give them some thought, but I know that when I reach my goal of 150 lbs I'm buying myself the pearl necklace I've always wanted! It seems my boyfriend isn't getting the hints.

~jess
JLynne126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #4  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I have a lot more to lose than a lot of you but I plan "treat" myself as I progress. I haven't broken it down into exact weights but for every ten lbs I'm getting a manicure or pedicure. At goal, I will get a new tattoo.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:26 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Jlynne, I did the same thing. I haven't cashed them all in yet, but so far I have given myself Crest White Strips and Tanning and Lotion for tanning. In one more pound I get a mani and a pedi. They get more elaborate as I lose more. I think it's a great idea. It's extra motivation and fun! I print out little award certificates for every mini goal I hit that I made up back in August when I started. I love stuff like that! Towards the end I get sexy undies and a bikini, things like that!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #6  
One day at a time

I never even thought about little rewards! What a great idea! Hmmmm... well I guess I would say when I reach my 1st goal of losing 20lbs by Christmas I will get myself a massage!
TamLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:19 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyme05
140: Use Express giftcard (clothing store) to get something in a small size.
Too funny, I have a $150 Express giftcard I got for my birthday in May that I'm saving.

I'm also thinking about a tattoo at goal, I may wait 'til my 30th birthday for that though.

I used to have gifts for myself for goals but I got discouraged when I wasn't hitting any goals so I couldn't get any of them. But, I think I'll go ahead and establish a system anyway. I could always use more incentive. This time I'll get there.
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:02 AM   #8  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I want to buy a really nice and expensive dress and find an occasion to wear it to.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 04:52 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I put money into a tin for every good food day and every exercise session I do. I'm saving up for a photo shoot of me in a ripped body! Just to remind myself how far I've come!

I also have a charm bracelet than I bought with some money from the tin, and I have a charm waiting to go on for getting to a healthy BMI and there's another charm for achieving belts in kickboxing, oh and one for my degree...

But when I finally get to my goal body, I'm going to NYC and going to have a HUGE spending spree in Bloomingdales and get some seven for all mankind jeans and ALL sorts of cutie-pie things!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:42 AM   #10  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Default Me, too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica
I want to buy a really nice and expensive dress and find an occasion to wear it to.

That's EXACTLY what I want to do!!! I actually went to Filenes yesterday just to look at all the expensive formal dresses. I was tempted to try one on (just to see how I look in one now) but cuz I have NO WHERE to wear a nice dress, I can't really rationalize buying one . LOL, I only have 3 types of clothes that I wear: (1) scrubs, (2) gym clothes, (3) kennel/school clothes. I don't even OWN any dresses anymore -- they were all size 18 and went to charity a long time ago.

I've been celebrating in a weird way...every time I hit a new jeans size, I buy a NEW pair of jeans one size smaller as inspiration to keep going .
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:50 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

I buy new jeans sizes! I'm going out dancing tonight. However, the last time I was majorly into clubbing I was 2-3 sizes bigger. Needless to say I have no clubbing clothes I'm going to have to rumage hard in the wardrobe!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #12  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I have been treating myself with clothes that fit! For reaching a healthy BMI, I treated myself to buying one thing I absolutely did not need from the Aveda store!

When I get to goal, I really want to spend a day at a spa . . . manicure, pedicure, massage, skin treatment. Or maybe a day at a salon -- highlights, lowlights, expensive haircut, fancy blowdry. At least, I know there is a nice salon around here, but I don't know of any spas. And as a treat to myself for maintaining (I know I can do it), I am hitting the beach in a bikini next summer! Oh wait, I'm planning on moving to Indiana next summer, no more ocean. Well, I'm sure there are lakes! I am going to invest in a quality bikini, since they don't make cheap ones for boobs as big as mine.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 PM   #13  

Paperclippy:You're moving to Indiana??? Thats where I am. I don't know where you're moving exactly here, but up north are the good lakes, Michigan. As for elsewhere, happy hunting...all of the lakes I have ventured to see are kinda nasty, minus a few exemptions. WHY would you move here?!?! lol, I stay because it's where my family is...otherwise I'd be up and outta here in a hurry!!!
shydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #14  
Proud US Navy Wife

I don't have any plans for hitting goals.. but I do have a plan that I am putting into place today with my paycheck and my new budgeting system.. making envelopes and putting money in THERE (putting it into my bank account = gone WAY to fast!) I am going to have an envelope for new clothesm, and stick as much money as I can in there.. Im saving buying clothes till I get to my goal, or close enough that my size won't change.. then I'm grabbing a bunch of good friends and going shopping! (including for clothes that show off my belly button ring.. got it pierced 2 years ago and its always been hidden by FAT)
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

I always plan goals prizes kind of as I go. My next one when I go under 200 pounds is to have a mani/pedicure. I'm trying to be at or near my goal for my 30th birthday when I plan on a beach vacation, so that could be a prize or a birthday present who knows.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote