General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:42 AM   #16  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Alice - did you have more frost this week? We are having our typical extremes in temperatures, last week there were several days we never got above freezing and now we are in the high 60's and should be in the 70's today. Which jives perfectly with my New Year's plans - a friend and I are camping out on the lake tonight and meeting up with a group of paddling friends in the morning for an outing. I'm calling it the New Year's Cruise, we'll stop someplace and roast suasages drink hot cocoa and toast the New Year. There is no place I'd rather start my year!

Here is to a healthy and propserous New Year to all of you and I look forward to sharing it with you.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 10:25 AM   #17  

Default Happy New Year!!!!!

Good morning,

ledom, your New Year's Cruise sounds wonderful. Have a great time. No, we didn't get anymore frost during the week. Later that afternoon the temp got into the 70's. Can you believe it? It has gotten warmer. It has been somewhere in the 50's most mornings warming up into the 70's during the day. The powers that be are calling for a temp of 78 by Sunday.

LaDean, did you reach goal today? I've had my fingers crossed for you. Lacee wishes Tuffy a Happy New Year!

I want to wish you all a Safe, Healthy, and Happy New Year, and all the happiness you deserve in 2005.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:17 PM   #18  

Aleka, yes i did it i became a KOPS today . so excited and i am so happy. its done . but not really. got to really be good now. see i can go 7 below goal and 3 above. if i do either like gain more then the 3 or go down more then the 7 have to change goal or 2 weeks to get the right area. so i do plan on losing like 20 more lbs or less. but will see about keeping this area right now. then when garden time comes i can start losing some more. oh its so great took me 39 years in tops and finally did it. never to late they say. i have never give up always had that hope and belief that i could do it. alot of prayer and all did it to. but most of all a BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU HERE . YOU HELPED ME SO MUCH BY SHARING AND HELPING ME STICK TO IT.... HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE TO ALL AND A HAPPY NEW YEARS DAY... Hubby and i stay in tonite off the roads but we are going out to eat a early dinner a nice place. ha i plan to stick to plan. tuffy wishes lacee and all our little friends on here a happy new year. i hope he has another good year. does pretty good for his problems and all. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 03:54 PM   #19  

Thumbs up

LaDean, congratulations!!! No, it's never too late. You should be very proud of yourself. Have a good dinner out with your DH tonight.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #20  

Thumbs up

Aleka, thanks so much friend. its all my friends online that helped me so much. i am still excited and hard to believe i did it. now i plan to lose 20 lbs more but going to hold this for the time being. then go from there. I had a great dinner. we had fun. going to do it more often i told him. ha well you and everyone have a great NEW 2005 YEAR... tuffy slept through it last nite. ha did lacee... shes so cute. have a great day to all. LaDean i got this wt scale thing to stay on here then changed the numbers on it and it went away. so got to get it figured out again. ha
Old 01-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #21  
Chick

good morning,

Go LaDean! Congratulations on hitting that goal! You're right, they say that the most successful weight loss people get it right because they don't give up and generally have tried and failed before trying and succeeding.

My camping trip was lovely - I do live in the most beautiful place in the world I sometimes believe. We paddled on the Ouachita River and saw soaring bluffs with the best geological formations, lots of birds too. Which reminds me, my favorite Christmas present this year was the gift of bird feeders. I am enjoying watching the birds in my backyard so much. I would never feed them before because I had outdoor cats, now that my lovelies live indoors I am getting to enjoy the birds.

Hope all is well with you all and have a great day.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #22  

thanks ledom... hey your trip sound so fun and pretty to.we have alot of nice and pretty sites here to. oh glad you can watch birds from your yard now and all. we have lots come out to. fun to watch.. got to watch now to stay within my leeway.. well to all a good day. LaDean
Old 01-03-2005, 01:33 PM   #23  

i had this darn signature working. then went to change and now cannot get it to show picture again. oh well.... ha
Old 01-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #24  
Chick

Ladean, I don't know what to tell you about the tracker. Maybe you could send Aphil (our moderator) a note and ask her to help you.

All is well here though I am still struggling to get back on track. Thought of a new (old) trick that I plan to impose on myself - no food after 7:30. I think what it boils down to is I have stretched out my stomach be eating more food than I was - gotta suffer through getting it shrunk back again. Seems that night eating has been what has been biting my booty lately so I plan to work on that. Kinda feeling like a tub-o-lard these days.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:10 PM   #25  

Hello everyone,

Gee, LaDean, I don't know what to tell you about the tracker either. I would take ledom's suggestion and ask the moderator what is going on, or you could pose a question on the forum page. I believe the very first topic is for help. Maybe either way you can get some help with your tracker.

ledom, I can relate about stretching out your stomach from eating too much. I hopped on the scale this morning, and I'm up 2 more lbs.! I was horrified. So, it's back on track.

Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #26  

Aleka and Ledom. thanks so much i will try to get it figured out again. ha if i keep at something it comes through. ha Yes know what you both are talking about. i get off my carbs lower ones and bingo its on there. up 2 lbs this week. still under my leeway in kops. but i want to lose 22 lbs more. so got to buckle down and get with it. good luck to the both of you. i have been walking steady and so that is helping me feel better. tuffy seems to be better this morning. had a cold i think. is cold here and frosty. say snow friday but have been for weeks now. hope we do not get any. ha its close down so can stay up there. ha have a good day the both of you. LaDean
Old 01-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #27  

hey gals. thanks for telling me to go to the one gal. i did it .. neat and fun. i have been trying this for days. and to find out never had all the code wrote out. ha ha oh well its done. ha have a good tomorrow. i have couple lbs i got to get down before friday.. still good but want to be down where not so worrying about it and all. i have stuck to plan today. either got a cold or allergies. tuffy is not doing the greatest. i think he has a cold. just sleeps and lays around alot. i never got my walk in. got dark on me and so cold this evening. so should get on ex bike. well later LaDean
Old 01-05-2005, 08:26 AM   #28  
Chick

OK LaDean, maybe you can help me now. I have edited my ticker but can't find the button to edit my signature now. It isn't where it was when I first created my ticker.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #29  
Chick

OK, never mind, I finally figured it out. For anyone else reading this who might be having the same problem - to edit signature you go to the bottom of this page. Under forum jump you select site area and then select user control panel. I have literally fretted with this for 2 hours this morning. It was VITAL that everyone know I lost 2 lbs.!!! Or at least it was vital for me to tell you I did. ;-)

Of course it could be my new haircut contributing to this loss - I got it cut really really short yesterday - about 2" all over my head. I like it a lot!

Not much else new. Still enjoying my vacation - I have been looking at Eating For Life a lot lately and am coming with some new things to eat. Did you buy that book Alice? I can't remember if you said you did or not.

Still haven't done my workout but gotta move in that direction soon.

LaDean, I hope you and Tuffy are feeling better today.

Missin' you judi girl.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 AM   #30  

Hey everyone,

ledom, that's great you losing 2 lbs. You go, girl!!! Yes, I do have EFL book and love the eating plan. But, I'm not sure it would work if I just do mostly cardio with light weights, 2-3 lbs. thrown in. I saw some photos in the BFL book and it seemed like you had to have a lot of equipment. You got your hair cut short!! I bet it's very flattering and easy to take care of. My hair is exactly like it is in the Avatar, only now I'm not wearing bangs. It seems like I get into a rut when it comes to hairstyles.

LaDean, how is Tuffy doing? Hope he's doing much better. Glad that you got your weight ticker straightened out. I usually get very frustrated when things like that happen.

judi, where are you and whatcha been up to?

Have a good day.