General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #16  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Height: 5'6"

That sounds like a great idea Lightenup
So impt to get the kids into good eating patterns. They need to learn that hunger pangs are ok too, just like us.
I'm doing great, still losing also, and this plan is pretty easy overall.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:11 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 177/155/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi All! Just checking in! I weighed in at WW Tuesday. I was only down a half pound, but I have a feeling it was really more than that, because I skipped last week and think I was up at least a couple pounds. Just avoided my scale at home because I was afraid! LOL! I have been leaning more and more towards the Fast-5 WOE! I started with an 8 hour window, but the 5-hour window was an easy transition! I just finished reading a great book, recommended by someone on one of the IF Facebook pages: "The Mini-Fast Diet". I recommend it highly to anyone interested in this WOE! It really emphasizes exercising during your fast to promote fat burning!

So...doing well...no hunger! Lots of energy! I love the feeling of control I have over food, instead of the food controlling me! Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #18  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

I think thats where I belong

I have a 5 hour eating window each day and so far NO problems to stick to it and even eat much more healthy that way.. I eat 5-10 PM, normally one nice big meal and a snack later...

Are there any of you that had an easy start and it got difficult later?

I get hungry about 1-2 hours before my window but that is absolutely Okay to bear with. Mot of the time thats when my buddy is here and we chat a bit anyways

Edith adds: I only read up later that this is called IF. I just did what felt easiest to do for me personally lol

Last edited by PatPat; 07-17-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #19  
patpatpatpatpat

Okay, for dinner today:
A huge load of broccoli (3 min cooked) with home made hummus, a piece of cheese, 2 big chicken meat patties and an egg. as snack I have a few crackers and a big glass of chardonnay. Adding up to abt. 1300 calories
Old 07-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #20  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

We'll I've done really well, today was at my lowest (recent) weight, but had a bit of a high-calorie day and I'm not happy about it. I have a potentially stressful week ahead, and I also was in a situation today where I felt like I should participate in eating lunch, so I
ate about 4 hrs before my usual eating window time. Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow.

How was everyone else's weekend?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #21  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! Haven't posted here in a while...things are still going well. The scale isn't reflecting it but I'm getting smaller and that's all that truly matters even if my brain tells me otherwise.

I've been going overboard on 5:2 days. Time to reign things in and measure my meals on those days. 16:8 days are just fine. I usually have no trouble skipping breakfast. My lunch smoothies were getting a bit too big though, so I'm scaling those back a bit (there were probably getting to about 500 calories!) And I got in a bad habit of snacking after the gym outside of my eating window. I think I'm more on track now...my hunger has just been up a bit with the increased strength training, but I'm mainly focusing on losing fat so I can't give in to those cravings!

This weekend was much better than last. No fasting or eating window, but a lot less indulgence than usual. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Hey guys! Mind if I join in?

I recently took a planned 2 week break from weight loss and now that that's over I'm really excited to lose the last little bit of weight. After doing a lot of research, I think IF might be what I need to give me that little extra push. I'm doing an 8 hour eating window to start with. Yesterday I stayed within my window, but ate too much. I was extremely hungry and couldn't seem to control myself very well But today is going much better so far! I'm a lot less hungry than yesterday and think I've got better control of what I need to do to prevent over eating during my window
Old 07-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #23  
patpatpatpatpat

Dottington, if your body is a bit like mine it will get used to this very fast and get less hungry in your fasting time

I wish you good luck on these last pounds!
Old 07-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #24  

Hello Everyone!!!! I decided to join today for the extra support and see how IF is working for others! I'm currently doing 23 hr fast, 1 hr eating window. My meal is around lunch time. I've done the 16/8 and that was effective too. My downfall is the weekend....GEESH!! I need to find my "pause" button during the weekend grazing frenzy!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #25  
Call me NNS!

Dottington, I agree with PatPat, you'll get used to it soon. Until then, water water water will get you through!

MustLosIt - welcome! Wow, 1 hour. Do you count calories for your one meal? I guess I'm curious how much you end up eating in that time frame! Do you only follow it during the week? Do you have a lot to lose? Sorry for all the questions.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #26  
patpatpatpatpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post

MustLosIt - welcome! Wow, 1 hour. Do you count calories for your one meal? I guess I'm curious how much you end up eating in that time frame! Do you only follow it during the week? Do you have a lot to lose? Sorry for all the questions.
Yes, I wonder too. As said I also do calorie counting, and I couldnt even get enough calories into me with such a short timeframe. 19/5 is hard enough with a biiiiiiiig meal and a snack (given you eat kind of healthy). I also haven't read about any 23/1 IF so far....
for me it would be too extreme, but everyone must find what works for them
Old 07-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure I could do a 23/1 fast, not sure it would be safe with diabetes. I do the 16/8 and find it very doable. Lost 10 pounds since starting it in June but again that has slowed a lot. I find now that I'm on the last stretch, the pounds are getting harder to part with!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

PatPat-I really hope my body adjusts soon. I'm glad other found their bodies adapted quickly, how long did it take for you?

noname-I drink 80-100oz of water per day(always have), unfortunately its never helped me with hunger. I'm wondering if tea might though? I think I'll try tea tomorrow....You know, you are actually the one who inspired me to give IF a try You've done so well on it I figured it was time I gave it a go.

MustLoseIt-That's intense! I feel like such a wimp whining over doing 16/8

lotsakids-The last stretch is so hard! I totally feel you on that. We can do this though!

Well, today was better. I kept my calories more in control and stuck to my eating window. The hunger is still bothering me a lot though. I feel like such a wimp :/ I don't understand why my body is going so crazy with hunger I've been getting a lot of lightheadedness and dizzyness. I can get through it though. I think it's just so early on still and I'm sure each day its going to get easier.
I think my body was too happy during my maintenance break and is being very stubborn about losing haha I wish our bodies did what we wanted them to do
Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #29  
Call me NNS!

lotskids 10 pounds in what, two months? That's awesome! Makes sense that your body would slow down a bit. I'm sure it will start letting go of the weight again soon.

Dottington Aw yay, glad I could inspire! From what I know about you, I think it will fit very well into your lifestyle. I started with 5:2 which is a very different form of IF, but it took me about two weeks for the headaches and lightheadedness to go away. Did anyone else experience that when they started IF? It kind of made sense that I had those issues (it only happened on my 500 calorie days), but the body adjusts. I'll bet you a lot of it is mental hunger. Even if it's real hunger, if you push through it long enough, it goes away. Kind of crazy actually! Tea will probably help, too.

Finally picked up some healthier things to snack on (yay watermelon!), but still struggling with snacking in the evenings, especially after a workout. I think I might start setting an alarm to signal the end of my eating window. Maybe it will help me adhere to it better...
Old 07-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #30  
patpatpatpatpat

Dottington it took me a few days to adapt to it. I think it was five or six? It helped me to "eat" a cup of broth with a spoon as I got "hungry". Maybe my body just panicked (because I do work out and it is hot here this summer ^^) and wanted salt? The craves have gone, and now they are right on time 1-2 hours before I eat. Thats a time I can live with/distract myself .

Sometimes I have to control myself to stick to what I had planned today and not panically stuff ANYTHING I find in me as the window is there. That is where the planning comes in. usually I DO know in the morning what I want to eat in the eve. If I dont plan, see above
Closed Thread