General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 10:24 AM   #91  
banned

T,

glad you found it! what kind did you buy?

jenny,

glad you like the GL. i dont care for it actually. i love the GF ! i dont think its bland, but i do mix it with 1/2 c fiber one to boost the fiber content. i wont be eating it again til mon. i get eggs today&tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2002, 05:22 PM   #92  

Hey everyone, Andrea, I got the Honey puffed Kashi, yesterday,then, I went to Wal mar today, and saw some more, got the GL, next time I wil get GF, it looks good!! I tried the honey puffed, I really like it!! Heres my result everyone..............3.5 pounds lost!! How is everyone else doing?/ Tell you what I am sooohappy .. can fit some 18s instead of my former 22!! I am so glad to be here, and cant wait for the future results,! Thank you all for the motivating words, and help that you gave, and I hope I am helping everyone here!! Take care all gonna go play with my boy!!

Latisia
Old 04-27-2002, 07:16 PM   #93  

I've never tried this Kashi stuff? Why Kashi and not other brands of cereal? Does it have something others don't? Well, so far the weekend has not gotten off on the right foot. I've overdone my cals yet again, but not my too much. By 300 calories, to be exact. So I figure that if I don't eat anymore tonight and take it out of the tally tomorrow then I should even out. But it is now 6 pm and I haven't had supper or anything. I guess the high-calories are my fault. I had 3 too many cookies. Ooops? But I should do fine. THis is the first weekend in a long time that I haven't lost complete control. The thought is running through my head though. You know, the little devil on my right shoulder is saying "You've already blown it today. GO for the gold!!" And the angel on my left is saying, "You didn't too too bad, just watch yourself and you'll make it through all right". I'm trying to block out the devil but he's speaking so loudly... Don't worry. I'll make it. I'm thinking of just taking a nap just to keep myself from eating. When in doubt, go take a nap. I'm still kinda sick, though (acchooo). What timing. Anyway. Hope everyone has a better weekend than I do. I'm sure you'll all do so well!!
Old 04-27-2002, 08:28 PM   #94  
banned

t,

congrats!!!!!!!! you must a great metabolism! i wish i did!!

darmah-dont beat yrself up hon. hang in there about kashi- kashi is a winnewr b/c its low fat, high fiber with a decent taste. fiber one is ok too but it needs fruit.
Old 04-27-2002, 11:14 PM   #95  

Talking watching servings

Hey all
I've been busy today, and haven't been able to get on the computer. Went to a wedding shower today. I didn't even eat any cake. Just few nuts and some punch. Also went to store and my son asked for a doughnut (I love doughnuts, who doesn't) and I was able to buy him one without it bothering me. I've done well this week . I'll weigh in tomorrow night. Think I've lost 5lbs.

Willbethin, I was rereading your post a couple of days ago about watching your eating seconds and third helping. One thing I have learned is to be sure to drink a glass of water before your meals, and to take at least 20 min. to eat. It takes 20min. to feel full from the first servings.

Can someone tell me how much kashi costs when bought at walmart, or other grocery store chain ?

Everyone keep up the good work, and keep your spirits high. If you goof just start over right then don't even wait til tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2002, 08:02 AM   #96  

thanks for the tip betty. hi all, none of us are giving up and that is the most important thing. i got my get with the program book, but i know i will be setting myself of for failure again, unless i really wait till monday to give it all my attention and follow the book exactly. it is my birthday weekend( need i say more) went out with my girlfriend on friday night and too many drinks, then on sat i went out with father-in-law for a killer italian dinner and now today i have to go to the olive garden with mother in law. i an not pigging out, i am just trying to stay in control. after i get started on get with the program i know i will be able to control these kinds of occasion when they come up. i have read some of the book and definitly know it is a book i needed and a program that is real doable. it is just gonna take alot of patience. hope everyone survived the weekend. betty, good job on controlling yourself on the doughnuts and the wedding.

Last edited by willbethin; 04-28-2002 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:49 AM   #97  
banned

wtg bettey!!!!

happy bday willbethin!!!!!

betty- kahi is 4.00 at most stores& 2.00 at a selsect few.
Old 04-28-2002, 03:01 PM   #98  

hello everyone! Darmah, I am proud of you, you went over a little, big deal, youll be alright, What really impressed me, is you saying that you have more control over the weekend eating.. That, is very important, and to me , one of the hardest things to do, within time, you will have all control over the weekends, ( just watch) SOrry to hear that you are sick, hope you feel better soon!!Thanks Andrea, I guess my metabolism is high, havent had it checked in about 2 years!! My Mom loses weight even quicker.. Hey I cant say thanks enough for the Kashi!! How are you doing??I bet youre doing great!! Betty, I cant weight to hear about your weigh in!! You are doing awesome, you got the control thing, down packed, and thinks for the information!! VEry helpful, as always, and we appreciate it! Willbethin, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You can do it, you have the control, just keep at it, and dont let go!! Hope you enjoyed your day!! Well everyone, I am doing good still have to do my workout, woke up late!! I will do it!! Went to the px, they didnt have much in plus sizes, but all these misses, and juniors that I liked, that's ok, cuz one day, I will be in them!! We can conquer this battle!!

Latisia
Old 04-28-2002, 03:03 PM   #99  

One more thing, havent heard from Jenny, and RoseS in awhile. I hope all is well, and that they join us soon. Well that's all. talk to you all later!!

Latisia
Old 04-28-2002, 04:40 PM   #100  

Angry

Hi All
Thanks for the encouragement. One thing i've noticed is how nice and supportive everyone is at this site. Hope to do the same.
Yeah , I'm really on a roll right now my mind is always set on what i'm trying to accomplish.When i go out to eat, i'm focused on what is the best thing for me to eat to stay within my range.
I'm excited, yesterday i tried on a of 14 jeans. I got them on but snug around the waste. Not bad since I was going to have to buy size 20 the next pair of jeans i bought, had i not decided to loose it. I have lost before, but didn't make a lifestyle change to keep it off.

Happy Birthday Willbethin

T just wait you'll be wearing those smaller size clothes in time.

bye for now, I'll check in after my weigh in to update you all
Old 04-28-2002, 09:24 PM   #101  
banned

go T!!!!

glad you love the kahi. im gonna eat it 5x week startin tomorrow.

congrats on yr jeans betty

im ok. i did lots of walking today&lifted light weights too. allowed myself pizza for dinner.

anyone here use splenda? heres a tip: ive been buying 300 packets for 14 dollars direct, but found it today 700 for the same money so if u have a wholesale club, look for it!
Old 04-28-2002, 10:39 PM   #102  

HI All
Just got back from my meeting and weigh in. My scale didn't agree with theirs, but still lost 3lbs this week. I'll take that with a big grin anyday.

thanks andrea for the encouagement.

Well here we are starting a new week. Hope everyone has a good week. Remember everyone good choices and don't forget to exercise.

This week's scripture memory verse was, "Now what I have commanded you is not too difficult for you, or beyond your reach. Deut. 30:11
Old 04-29-2002, 10:14 AM   #103  
banned

congrats betty!!!! the discrepancy was most likely food&water. do you weigh in the morning when you weigh at home? thats why ppl weigh more at night.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:06 PM   #104  

Hello, Betty, Congratulations on the 3 pound Loss!! WOW!! THAT IS SOOOOOO GRREEAATT!!! I am so happy for you, and the drop in sizes, I know that is soo motivating(smiling)!!!!Keep it up, you have the right attitude!! YOu are motivating me for sure!!

ANdrea, hello there, my favorite by far is weight lifting, because I love the burn!! Good choice, and it really revs up the calorie burinig!! How ya doing ?? Sounds good!!

To everyone else, hope your weekend was great, and you are off to another great start with this incoming week

I am doing good went for an early walk because we are having quite a heat wave, going to play with my DS when he wakes up, and do my weight later.. Did tae bo last night, it was intense.. Well talk to you all later. Stay OP, you can DO IT!!

Latisia
Old 04-29-2002, 03:25 PM   #105  
banned

lat,

youre doing great!!! who wouldnt losing a pound a day or close to it?

im ok. the weights were very light esp on the leg presss&leg extension b/c of my lower back. i wanted 2 swim today, but it dont look like that will happen
Closed Thread