General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 10:17 PM   #1  

Smile Low fat eating is the way!#2

Hello everyone, this is a thread primarily geared by my eating change, that is dramatically change my life. I wanted to share what I do, as well as involve it with the input of others, and what they do, I hope you feel free to join, or just read on, and get some information out of this thread!! Everyone is welcome to join, and post on!! Enjoy!
Old 05-14-2002, 10:20 PM   #2  

Hey all, look forward to seeing you here, just gonna tell yaal I am op, thanks to low fat eating!! I know different things work for differnt people, but also if there are any people that did receive information or help from this thread, Id really like to know! Plus any questions that arise, I or anyone who stops in would gladly help, so post on!! Let;s keep this thing going!! TTYL, Have a good op day!!
Old 05-15-2002, 11:09 AM   #3  
banned

good morning all.

hi tisha! dont sweat the oreos todayis a new day! stay op k? am doin the same. tomorrow is my special dr. appt. i will let ya know how it goes.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:21 PM   #4  

Hey Andrea you are right, I was off to a bad start today , and now Imma restart tomorrow, I am going to take you up on that take a day or meal off offer, and see how it works, Please let us know how the appointment goes, SOunds like youre doing great!! i am glad, we all have our times,, lol. I think I propably do need a day off though, that can be a good motivator,

How is everybody doing??Hope all is well , and if not do return,Would like to keep up with your progress! WEll everyone, gonna get off to a better start tomorrow, can already feel it. Low fat, is my thang!!LOL, well TTYL,
Old 05-16-2002, 10:43 AM   #5  
banned

good girl tisha! you can do it!

doin ok, but its taken 2 wks to lose 1 wks worh of weight, but then again thats y im goin to the dr. will keep ya posted.

lost 3/4. whoopee.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:32 PM   #6  

Default Hi

hi everyone,

so nice to find this place. im an ex- low carber who couldnt hack it anymore. many years ago i tried low fat and it worked good then for me, so im trying it again. it makes more sense to me. the one i had tried before was to stay around 21 grams of fat.

i started 2 days ago, and have 70 lbs to go-----it seems like it will be forever *sigh*. til menopause hit me 2 yrs ago, i had only 40 lbs to lose-its kinda depressing.

you guys are so motivating-ive read all the posts. cant wait to get the kashi tomorrow.

ill face the music and weigh myself tomorrow and check back.

ya'll take care and God bless.

jazz2
Old 05-20-2002, 09:56 PM   #7  
banned

welcome jazz!

this is a great thread!!! i do a lowfat carb addicts type of thing. i love kashi! i mix 1c with 1/2c fiber one.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:22 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!! Welcome Jazz, dont worry, just take it day by day, and it'll come off, stay motivated, determined, come here, and post if u need, we are here for ya. Your plan sounds good!! I do the percentages, and now have it memorized, but counting works just as well for others!! Keep on doing it, dont stop!!

Andrea, hey girl, How has your day been? Kashi is great<<I had it today just with milk, and loved it.

Nygal, when you do start exercising dont rush, take it slow, and add on little by little, you will see results, Just walking around the block could be a good start!! Doing a little more housework, NOn the less, I thing you are doing great and off to a good start, I agree that pounds that are taken off slowly, and patiently are more likely to stay off, To be honest, this is the slowest I have ever been to lose weight, and it feels GREAT!! Everybody just keep your heads up, stay tuned in here, Do it!!

Well I am having a OP day, and doing great, Pulled out stop the insanity again cuz i had a rough week last week, and I am gonna do this!! I did my 8 min tae bo 2 and weights, just a little warm up felt great, well everyone, have a beautiful day!! TTFN!
Old 05-21-2002, 06:24 PM   #9  
banned

hey tisha!

im having a great day, tho busy. went to ins co. drs today yuck! the neurologist scratched my foot with something that was sharp! ouch!!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:24 PM   #10  

After having a real busy day, counting my fat grams and writing them in my journal, then losing my journal and forgetting how many fat grams I actually had, I became very frustrated and actually considered doing the fat percentage formula instead of counting fat grams.

What are you guys doing to keep your fat down? Grams or fat percentage formula?

Does anyone have the formula? Your help is very much appreciated.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:08 PM   #11  
banned

gal,

i count fat g. they say as far as percentage goes its 30% of cals which translates to:

1200=40g
1300- 43g
1400-46g
1500-50g
1600-53g
1700-56g
1800-60g
1900-63g
2000-66g

hth.

the way i keep it down is to eat high fiber foods and foods that are naturally low in fat b/c im on not into low fat versions of high fat foods, so by using full fat, my g go quickly. i also use chitosan.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:11 PM   #12  
banned

good afternoon all!

how arre we doing today, i am doing well& am op.

hows it going Tisha?
Old 05-22-2002, 05:49 PM   #13  
banned

low fat apple pie:

low fat crescent rolls
diced apples
honey
cinnamon

bake according to pkg.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:22 PM   #14  

that recipe looks really good. i found one for a non fat bread that has turned out quite nice. have made my third batch, this time with half whole wheat and half white flour. it gives me 12 thick slices and lasts a few days.

i have been staying within the 21 carbs and hanging in there. snacking on rice cakes and fruit when i get the munchies, and doing some light exercise. have lost 3 lbs it looks like.

do you guys push the water with the low fat plan------i drink about 8 glasses a day.

also, what about alcohol. every other night or so i have a glass of white wine or a vodka drink, i count each drink as a carb...what do you guys do?
Old 05-23-2002, 01:05 PM   #15  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Wink

Hi ladies I am glad to see others doing lo fat. I have been up and down in my weight all my life since teenhood. I am 37 recently married for the 2nd time to a wonderful man. I have been losing 1 to 2 pounds a week doing lo fat, about 1400 to 1500 calories a day and have been walking 2 miles a day. I know it seems slow but I hear that is best. I just pushed the walking this month and have been faithfully doing it. I take one day a week off and relax but feel better when I do walk. I plan on not taking days off for the summer as long as I am able to walk and not stuck wothout someone to watch the kids.
Andrea thank you for the fat gram chart. I want to stick with about 20% fat in my plan some days I am under and others I am over. What is Chitosan that you take?
I think the apple pie sounds great. I might make that tomorrow. I was having reduced fat vanilla ice cream with diet rootbeer. Ice cream is gone now so I am glad I wont have that to tempt me.
I try to drink 10 glasses of water day and prefer 12. I am in the ladies room alot but it seems to move the weight faster also. I love to make sure to have lots of veges each day also.
I am using fitday.com to journal foods exercise and all that. It is free and seems to do the trick for me. I don't have to figure out anything then it is done for me. Have a great day everyone! Daphne
Closed Thread