General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 07:14 PM   #1  

Default Suzanne Summers Diet

Has anyone tried the Suzanne Summers diet at all and if so could you please give me a guick run down on what foods you eat etc.

Thank You in Advance.

Suzanne
Old 05-13-2002, 01:22 PM   #2  

I have been doing Suzanne's diet on and off for a year or so. You can eat: meat (except for Liver), eggs, cheese, butter, oils, sour cream, cream cheese, veggies (except for corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squashes, and carrots), beans, brown rice, whole-wheat pasta, any breads, bagels, as long as they are made with whole wheat flour, rye, or pumpernickel, whole-grain cereal (shredded wheat, grapenuts, regular oatmeal or any other cereal with no added sugar), also you can have skim milk. You cannot have anything made from sugar ( beets, corn syrup, honey, maple syrup, molasses), sugar (white, brown, or raw). You cannot have popcorn, pasta or breads made with white flour, or anything else made with white flour. You also cannot have avocados, coconuts, low-fat or whole milk, nuts, olives soy milk, or tofu, caffeinated coffees, teas, and sodas, coca, and alcohol. She also advocates food combining. You can eat your fats with your meat & veggies, you cannot eat a carb. with your meat, nor can you have butter on your bread. When you eat carbs you can eat veggies with them, but nothing else. When you have fruit, you have to eat it by itself then wait 20 min. then you can have a carb. meal, or wait 1 hr. and have a protein meal (bacon & eggs, or sausage & eggs....no toast).

At first it's very confusing until you learn it, then it becomes second nature. If you are interested in trying this WOE, she does have a website: www.suzannesomers.com that can help you out, click on "community" then to your left click onto discussion, or you could go to your library and read one of her books that explains the whole WOE. I like it because I don't have to count calories, fat grams, nor limit portions.

I hope that I could be of some help. Take care. aleka

Last edited by aleka; 05-13-2002 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2002, 02:29 PM   #3  

Hi Aleka

Thank you very much for all your great information, just went to the web site you mentioned and it is very good. I will be off to the library tomorrow to get her book it sounds good. I am looking forward to something different.

Many thanks for your time.

Suzanne
Old 05-13-2002, 04:35 PM   #4  

Oh ya, I forgot to mention. You can have any type of fruit except for bananas and also no raisins. Good luck. Aleka
Old 05-20-2002, 06:51 AM   #5  
Big Loser

Aleka, how have you done on it? My sisinlaw lost 47 lbs on it and I am trying it out to see how I do, the other locarb programs don't allow fruit and I go crazy without fruit so I am hoping this will help!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 07:40 AM   #6  

Scooby 2,
Congratulations to you sil who lost 47 lb. I am one of the ones that the diet didn't work that well for. I did manage to lose 12 lb., but it took me about 3-4 months to lose it. I became very discouraged and went off the diet. I'm trying to get back to doing it again, but this time I will combine it with WW points, as I think I need portion control. It is a good way of eating, so please don't be discouraged by what happened to me. You will probably have great luck with this WOE. I still basically eat this way because it has brought my cholesterol way down even though I am eating the opposite way they experts say to. I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how it is working for you.
Take care.
Aleka
Closed Thread