General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 09:43 AM   #106  

hi guys, glad to see this board really jumpin. just checking in and wanted to tell everyone how great it is to hear that people are really trying with their workouts and eating plans. we all have a great attitude about getting healthy this year. it really will be our year to get to our goals. we are doing it!!

let nothing or no one get in our way!!! look out summer, we are gonna be looking and feeling great!!!!
Old 01-08-2002, 10:22 AM   #107  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Default Cool website!

Hi all!

For anyone looking for a calorie-counting program on the web that's free, check out http://www.calorieking.com

There are good articles and they design a program for you, have checkin days once a week, and it looks pretty good. They also have workout programs custom-tailored to your needs.

I use The Business Plan for the Body and am happy with it; I found this new website by searching for low-calorie recipes.

I, too, am impressed with how many of us are actually exercising. If I didn't work out, by the time I lost my flab I would look like a collapsed mushroom cap

Crank it up!
Old 01-08-2002, 11:58 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,
moonbeam-try to eat more of a half protein/half carb breakfast like a touch of peanut butter on toast, or kashi creeal and milk for breakfast. You had a little protein there, but it was overpowered by all the carb-save the fruit for your snack-this may help. You sound like you have a bit of blood sugar fluctuations like I do.
Kayla/gettin there-I know it hurts now-but those people at school don't mean a thing. I was a cheerleader with a bunch of girls on the squad who were "perfect" and they all hated me. I had the athletic ability, but I wasn't a size 2-I was called thunder thighs,etc. I even had to keep all my uniforms in the car because they would change what they were wearing and try to emberass me so I wouldn't get dressed until right before the game. When I turned 21 I went to a club-and saw one of those girls-and she was about 30 pounds heavier than I was! I am 26-and the girl voted most popular still works at Arby's! It makes me feel really good-even though it shouldn't...high school is a very short period of time in your life. Ignore the people who don't like you for whatever reason-and concentrate on yourself and the friends you do have. If they are mean-their day will come-beleive me...
Faith-I knew you weren't bailing on us! Enjoy the timw with your husband.
Willbethin-I am glad to see this thread jumping also-this is great to have so many people wanting to join us!
Lisaree-welcome-glad to have you! I reccommend using the calorie or point system-not both. It is pretty much doing the same thing twice-just do whatever is easier to keep track of for you!
Tupo-I too am a chocolate addict-and I do keep it in my plan-I usually have a Slim-Fast snack bar-they are really good-and they have a lot of nutrients-for 120 or 130 calories. If nothing but the best will do-I have 1 or 2 Hershey kisses and suck on them to make them last for about 50 calories. I try not to do this every day, but if I do-I keep it within my calorie limits.
Waterbaby-I liked the mushroom analogy...he he he...
Have a good one girls!
Aphil
ps-Faith-thank you so much for the angel comment. You are such a sweetie!
Old 01-08-2002, 01:15 PM   #109  

Hey everyone!

Look what I get for not checking the site everyday! I only have a couple mins. so I'll have to come back and write more later - and re-read all these new posts. Welcome to all the newbies

My ankle is still throbbing but luckily my training is being pushed back yet again, so I PRAY it will just heal already. I've done ok with my eating so far today - natural peanut butter on mulitgran bread for breakfast, some breadstick nuggets for a snack and I'm eating grapefruit for lunch - plus more breadsticks. I am way broke now after Xmas and am trying to start eating all that food in my cupboard that I never really want, so my meals may start to get a little wacky I love these little face things!

Aphil, I LOVE Kashi Go Lean crunch, but I try not to get it too often because it has more calories that the regular Kashi or even Kashi Go Lean...maybe more sugar too? I remember it being fairly sweet. Kayla, I've been there too with the name calling in high school, etc. It doesn't help that I was also 5'10 and taller than most of the guys. I don't remember seeing you post your height/weight. I know I would have been MORTIFIED if anyone had known how much I wieghed in high school, but no one here will judge you, just trying to get a feel for your situation.

Moonbeam, I wish I were 19 again! I have that same problem with eating a lot for breakfast and then being hungry again in an hour. What helps me sometimes is to just chug a ton of water before I wat anything and then once I feel hungry. I bring a 64oz bottle with me everyday to work. I've also found that the high-fiber bread and peanut butter also keeps me filled up more than anything else. I know a lot of people thing PB is a no-no, but it's actually a great health food - just make sure you get the natural kind - regular has all sorts of trans-fatty acids in it. Bad news.

Ok, gotta run
Lexxy
Old 01-08-2002, 05:02 PM   #110  

HI,
Lexxy-the GoLean crunch is a bit sweeter-but with honey not sugar. Most of your high fiber cereals like Grape-Nuts,Raisin Bran, and Mini Wheats are higher in calories because of the straight fiber-so you are actually not "keeping them all" if you know what I mean. ha ha
It is very filling-and I would rather have that than puffed rice or something like that and then be starving and want to snack soon after eating it.
Today hasn't been real good for me-my son was up all night, my daughter has been queen of whiners, and I feel like poo-but my eating has been on track. At least one thing is right.
APhil
Old 01-08-2002, 09:12 PM   #111  

Hello ladies!
well im finally done with the drink! and thank god! it was killing me...after i was finished i had some low fat yogurt with some apples and bananas....later i had a fruit crissont and a sandwich for supper........ so i dont think i did TOOO awful bad today! i accidently screwed up timing so i couldnt make it to my kickboxing class tonight but im going to just either do some tae bo or just some sit ups and stuff like that......last night i made it to fifty situps!!!!! before i could only do twenty! i rewarded myself with a can of iced tea!(today) anyways! aphil! It makes me feel alot better to know that there are others that have been in the same situation as me......people are mean...theres no way about it.....but i decided that i am going to push away their comments and keep working on feeling good about myself! i find that when i finish working out im always in a great mood and alot less stressed! my meeting with my trainer is tommorrow night so ill be
doing alot more weights...and my best friends bro said hed help hit the gym with me too sometimes.....
I go to this group for teenage girls and we talk about all different things...from boys to sex to rock and roll! so they are all very encouraging too......but anyways....my dad is bugging me to get off the net so i better go. I will talk to you all soon!
have a goodnight and keep it up!
luv
Kayla
5'11, 250
Old 01-09-2002, 07:23 AM   #112  

kayla, i am so glad you are doing well. sounds like you have a very postitive attitude. those meeting will be very good for you to talk out everything that might be on your mind. and your excercises are excellent. you go girl!!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 08:58 AM   #113  

HI,
Kayla-I amo glad you are exercising a lot. It is a real good thing. No matter how bad you feel, it makes you feel better after you do it.
Wow! 5'11"! My stepmom and stepsister are tall like that-you're lucky-when you lose your weight you will be nice and tall and slender. I am glad you want to lose about 50 pounds and are not trying to get down to 110 pounds or something like that. My stepmother weighs 170 and since she is 5'11" she is reed thin. With all the exercise you're doing, you can just kick those guys butts who are mean to you! just joking!
Today is good so far-eating went well yesterday-getting ready to work out-and had the surprise of going in my baby son's room and found him standing holding the rail in his crib for the first time! He is almost 9 months old-and it seems like I just brought him home.
I went to the Bath and Body Works last night to reward myself for doing well-and I kept picking up this cucumber eye gel-andputting it back down because it was $12-and then I was looking in the clearance from Christmas and they had a pack that had a bunch of products in it and the eye gel I wanted for only $20-so I got it. It's weird-I;ll buy my kids baby Gap and Old Navy, and my husband Harley stuff out the wazoo-but I always feel sortof guilty getting frivilous things for myself-so far all of my rewards for doing well have been pretty practical. I need to get out of that habit. I am worth it!
Well-gotta get my daughter breakfast-have a good one everybody-WE CAN DO IT!!!!!
Aphil
202/194/8 lost
Old 01-09-2002, 09:54 AM   #114  

aphil, you are doing great!!! that is so cute , about your baby boy. i can remember that day in my daughters life , like it was yesterday. she just turned six and my hubby doesnt want another child. i miss the baby days so much. i really want another one. i am doing good, my ww meeting is tonight. i will let you know how i do tomorrow morning for my first week back on ww. and i have to tell you it was pms all week, and the only time i gave in to my cravings was yesterday, not bad compared to what i would have eaten when i use to use pms to binge all week. i got my tom today, so i am hoping i am not retaining any water. i think i did really good all week.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:15 AM   #115  

Willbethin I am glad you are doing well. I think maybe the structure of the meetings will motivate you a bit more. I always retain water and have a 1-2 pound gain my first couple days of aunt Flo-so if you weigh in the same keep that in mind-if you stick with it you will be dropping soon!
I am enjoying the baby days-but look on the bright side of not having any more-you can go and do more-don't have to pay for special food and diapers-and you get to sleep every night!
I love them-but they make me crazy!
Aphil
Old 01-09-2002, 01:29 PM   #116  

Hi Everyone. Aphil thanks for inviting me over to this thread. I used to belong to WW in 2000/2001 but I stopped going in 5/2001. I had lost 65 lbs while going to WW now I have gained back 30 lbs. I started walking on my treadmill again. I do good in the mornings counting points but come afternoon time when the house is empty and my hands are not busy they always seem to find food in them Anyone have any suggestions? I am a mother of 5 children. My oldest is 21, 19, 16, 12 and 9. so they are either working or in school. In the morning I am busy picking up the house and running errands. Come afternoon time is when my problem starts. I think I am eating out of boredom.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:10 PM   #117  

This is for Gettingthere,
I can relate so well to what you are going through in high school. The kids at my school even had a song about me. I would just laugh right along with them, but inside my heart was breaking.

I just wanted to share this quote with you and tell you to hang in there. "A strong positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success" --Dr. Joyce Brothers

You can do whatever you set your mind to do.
YOU GO GIRL..........

Ramona
Old 01-09-2002, 04:45 PM   #118  

Feelijngbluelately,
Afternoons is when I really have to watch it also-do you knit,chrochet,or anything that can keep your hands busy? If I stay busy I can avoid boredome eating.
I also reccommend sugar free or diet hot cocoa-it makes you feel full and takes a while to drink-so it kindof cures that bored eating thing a bit and for about 20-25 calories.
If you must eat-try something that takes a long time-like an orange-you ahve to peel it, section it,etc. You can down 3 Snickers in the time it takes to do all that.
I am glad you came to the thread. We are so glad to have you.Stay on that treadmill and the weight you gained will start to go away...
Aphil
Old 01-09-2002, 07:15 PM   #119  

Hey everyone!
Ramona, Thanks so much for taking the time to write to me! I love quotes and that is an awesome one to add to my collection!
willbethin, The meetings are great. the two ladies who teach it are great and we can talk with them about anything, which i am very fortunate to have because most teens dont have anything like that!
Aphil,
Yes excersising has been going well for me and i am so happy! I am meeting with my trainer in....Oops! ten minuts! i thought about not going but then i thought about you guys and I figured i better go!!!
have a good day!!!
luv
Kayla
Old 01-09-2002, 07:26 PM   #120  

Hi, Just came up from downstairs working out with my 9 year old. She was walking on the treadmill and then she has this toy that is called a skip it, so we started taking turns trying to see who could skip more times than the other. Boy am I out of breath and out of shape LOL .

Aphil = thanks for the tip. I do like to do cross stitching and I like to read. I think I better stick with cross stitching right now it is to hard to eat and cross stitch at the same time

Every once in a while we do a breakfast for dinner as a change of pace. So tonight we had pancakes and I had blueberry pancakes does any have any ideas on how to enjoy blueberry pancakes but still keep it light?
Closed Thread