General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 09:03 AM   #46  

morning and merry christmas, hope everyone enjoyed their day. i did and i am ready to get back on track after my stomach gets
back in tow, i indulged in some cocktails and this morning i have acid indigestion, but i am on track with my eating.

i had such a busy day yesterday and so many people were here. it looks like a tornado hit my house, so today i will be cleaning up christmas clutter and babysitting. this week will be tricky with excercising i have kids here from 7 in the morning till 5 at night. i will have to push myself to excercise at night. i usually do it in the morning while my dd angelina is at school. she is off of school till jan 2. hope we are all back on track.
Old 12-26-2001, 10:27 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

HI,
I hope everyone had a good holiday too!
I did okay-I indulged in a few holiday favorites, but I did not eat until I burst-so that was good.
I did not exercise like I should've, but it is hard to do when you stay at my-inlaw's house-my sister in law still lives at home, they have a foreign exchange student, and my father-in-law who raises animals for 4-H was nursing a sick baby goat back to health in the basement where their extra tv and tredmill is! aaahhh!
I am home now and will get to work on my arms and buns in the morning!
Aphil
Old 12-27-2001, 02:31 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 252/252/145

Height: 5' 7"

Hello ALL!

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Holiday!

This is the end of my 3rd week of staying on track with eating and exercising. I'm down 14 pounds! I am so thrilled! I got a treadmill for Christmas so no excuses for not getting my cardio in. I love not having to get out in the cold to walk or going to use the gym treadmills!

Hope everyone's having a GREAT day!

~Faith
222/208/120 14 down ~ 88 to go
height ~ 5'6"
12/06/01 - 222 ~start~
12/13/01 - 214
12/20/01 - 210
12/27/01 - 208

"The only thing that stands between a man and what
he wants from life is often merely the will to try
it and faith to believe it is possible."
~~~Richard M. Devos
Old 12-27-2001, 06:43 PM   #49  

HI,
Faith-I also got some exercise things for Christmas-a new viseo, wrist support gloves for my weight training,and a new sports bra.
I will be so glad for you when you hit 199!
Hey-if any of your families like to eat at Bob Evans-they have a fresh fruit plate that is only 250 calories. If you have 1 hot roll without butter that they bring out before the meal-it is only 150-so it is a nice meal choice if your family wants to eat there ansd you don't want to overdo it.
My daughter likes it there-kid's menu,crayons,the whole deal-so I looked the info up. It has melon,pineapple,grapes,strawberries,etc. on it all arranged pretty.
Well, I made it through all of the festivities this week maintaining-I have another one to go to this weekend-and then our annual New Years party-and then I am home free until Valentines Day!
Have a good night everyone!
Aphil
Old 12-28-2001, 07:51 AM   #50  

hi, just checking in , i am maintaing too, it is almost all over. i still have my dd angelinas pizza/ hoagie, birtday party on jan 5th, but i am not worried, i can be in control.

faith, you are doing great, you will be 199 soon.

aphil , good going with the weight, during the holidays.

hope you ladies are enjoying your new excercise equipment.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:18 AM   #51  

HI,
Good morning all-I am doing well today!
We have the tree down and are doing some more work on the house this weekend-drywalling the garage.
I am glad everyone is in control.
Willbethin-how is the exercise going? I would really like to see you step it up or maybe lower your daily diet by 1 point-I want to see you losing again! You can do this-we all can do this-but it is going to take a lot of work! Isn't it amazing how easy it is to gain weight-just sit on your butt and eat chocolate all day? Then you have to watch everything and exercise a few hours a week to lose 1 or 2 pounds? Sheesh!
I hope everyone is doing great!
Aphil
Old 12-28-2001, 02:16 PM   #52  

I maintained, yay! I think I actually lost what I had gained this week (I do belly monitoring in the morning, lol). New Year's Eve shouldn't be too bad. We're having some friends over and I'm going to have healthy snacks too (ie veggies, Baked Lay's). I'm excited about it. I've been doing lots of excercise today just running out to the garbage can and going up and down the stairs, LOL. All right. Good job on everyone else doing well too.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 12-28-2001, 07:01 PM   #53  

Hello ALL!

tupo_girl, Way to go!

willbethin, Congratulations on maintaining!

aphil, Wow, I'm jealous! You already have your tree down. Good job on maintaining at 194.

Have any of you ever used a Total Gym like on the infomercial? I bought the infomercial model at a Garage sale this morning. Love it! I think I can get a really good workout with it. I hate going to the gym in Jan & Feb, it is so packed with "New Years Resolution People" and when I did a BFL Challenge last year I practically moved in the gym. I really don't what to spend that much time at the gym the rest of my life. I know that I am going to have to make exercise a way of life and fit it into my schedule just like taking a bath or brushing my teeth. Just something we automatically do without giving it much thought. I'm going to try to get my workout in first thing each morning before my littleone awakes or at least before my morning shower. We'll see how it goes. So now I've got a Treadmill, TotalGym, Stationary Bike and Free Weights. NO EXCUSES!

Have a great evening ALL!

Faith~
222/208/120 14 down ~ 88 to go
height ~ 5'6"
12/06/01 - 222 ~start~
12/13/01 - 214
12/20/01 - 210
12/27/01 - 208

"Nature gave men two ends - one to sit on and one to
think with. Ever since then man's success or failure has
been dependent on the one he used most."
~~~George R. Kirkpatrick
Old 12-28-2001, 08:38 PM   #54  

Smile

Hi everyone. I'm going to log in here everyday if you all don't mind me doing so. I'm counting calories so I believe I've found the right place.

I count between 1500 - 1800 calories a day and take one day off a week, from counting and exercise. So far I've lost 27 pounds. I have 78 pounds to go and I currently weigh 235 pounds. I weigh only once a month. Thanks in advance for letting me be a part of you're group.
Old 12-28-2001, 09:52 PM   #55  

Default We welcome you Laidback!!!

Congrats on your loss so far! Way to go!
Aphil
Old 12-28-2001, 09:55 PM   #56  

I had a good day today-hope everyone else did also. Faith-I am the queen of garage sales and sifting through the stuff at Goodwill stores! Sounds like you found a deal! You can get the greatest workout videos and equipment at those places-people buy them and use them 2-3 times and give them away!
Aphil
Old 12-28-2001, 10:00 PM   #57  

hi laidback, welcome and way to go on the weight loss. that is great to have a day off, bet it keeps you on track the rest of the days. sounds like you found something that is working.

just checking in, i had an alright day, i got my excercise in and my water, but could have done better with the eating.

i am hanging in there, and not quitting and that will get me to goal.
Old 12-29-2001, 04:03 PM   #58  

Hello All!

Hope everyone's having a GREAT weekend!

My 3yr old stressed another pound off me last night. He fell and got a pretty deep gash in his forehead requiring several hours at the emergency care center and 6 stitches. He's doing great today but I'm a walking zombie. I couldn't sleep at all and had nausea all night from my nerves. Don't know what I'm going to do if anything more serious ever happens. I hate full moons!

Welcome, Laidback! Congatulations on your 27 pound loss!

Faith~
222/207/120 ~ Day 23, 15 down ~ 87 to go
height ~ 5'6"

"Don't get discouraged;
It's usually the last key in the bunch that opens the lock."
-- Author Unknown --
Old 12-29-2001, 04:17 PM   #59  

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies.

Today's been real good since tomorrow is my offday I'm feeling great. tupo I'm with you on the holiday thing. .....Just about had enough of it. I never like this time of year as much as I should. Or at least as much as everyone else. I think it's because I don't have any kids That gift certificate to a spa sounds like fun, but it's sucks feeling like poo, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Ok, that's it I'll see ya'll tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2001, 09:22 PM   #60  

Laidback,
You are so right about not liking this time of year as much without kids. After I hit my late teens it wasn't a big thrill anymore, but now my dh is just a big kid, and I have to make him a stocking,etc. and then my two young children-it is really fun. It is a lot of work for me, but I love to sneak surprises in on them all.
Faith, I am sorry about your little one getting stitches and going into the emergency room. I know just how you feel.
I had to have my son a month early, and when he was 5 weeks old he got pneumonia really bad all of a sudden, and his lungs started filling with fluid and we were visiting my parents an hour away. We were driving like maniacs trying to get him to the hospital in time, and I was in intensive care with him for a week. I was so scared. I was so stressed my hair started falling out, and I was nursing him, and my milk factory, so to speak , shut down completely and I had to go with formula. My whole body just pooed out.
He is great now, but I remember it like yesterday. It is so stressful when a little one gets hurt and they don't understand the doctors hurting them are really helping them. Kiss his boo-boo for me!
We are cleaning the house and getting ready for our annual New Years party. I'll have a glass or two of champagne, but I am buying snacks like Doritos that I really don't like, but everyone else does, so I won't be in them all night.
I hope to come through to my weigh in after the holidays holding steady and ready to start dropping weight again.
Have a good one,
Aphil
Closed Thread