General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 10:33 PM   #121  
Water Freak

hello all! So, I am doing really really well on the exercise, but eating is a definite struggle. I have decided that from now on, if I am in the house and I feel like eating, I am going to just leave the house for a few minutes and take a quick walk. I figure this should work well during the day, now I need to figure something out for at night! Knitting, I guess. But I really feel I need to do something that gets me away from the food. Maybe I will come here and read everything you guys have written and get a shot of motivation. I hope so! I seriously need to get this eating thing under control! Sounds like you are all doing pretty well though. Kayla, you have to tell us all about how the session with the trainer went! And now I am going to go read a little of this super Isabel Allende book I got yesterday. Anybody else like her?

Cat
Old 01-09-2002, 11:45 PM   #122  

Hi ladies!
I feel absolutely TERRIFFIC!
I met with the trainer and it went fabulous! i did my first night on my new program tonight and it is so awesoem! i LOVE doing weights...ive never done them before but i just love it! people think that im crazy but i love it!
Moonbeam! do you know of any clubs or groups that you would like to join? most things like that are in the evening adn that would get you out of the house a couple nights a week! and if not try doing anything that you really have to concentrate on...like YOGA! or anything...a puzzle, a scrapbook, anything that can keep you occupied and that you need to think for!
but anyways...im going to hit the sack early cause im wasted from my workout! but ill talk to you all later!
luv
Kayla

p.s. hi ramona! how old are you?
Old 01-10-2002, 01:20 AM   #123  

Thanks for all the nice posts!
Maybe my diet is called 'The Prevention Diet', I'm not sure.

Tonight was kind of rough. My Valentine cards were not going as planned, then I decided to try and do the bills after that! Ack. That still kind of influences my eating but mostly I think I got so upset because I hadn't eaten in awhile. I think I've been going over the 100 calorie cheat, but I'm pretty active and I can still see that my body is a little less every day. While we watched a movie tonight, I kept wanting to eat more candy, but I made myself eat a giant green pepper. It was good and I felt better about myself.

The good thing about eating this way, is that my PMS is not affecting me that bad this time, YAY!!! I'm a little moody but I am normally.
Enough of me rambling.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 01-11-2002, 11:03 AM   #124  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Hi, all!

Having a good Friday. My Pants-O-Meter is telling me that I have a vacancy in the back and some on the waistband. I'm having a little less "rope burn" around the middle

Kayla, a good trainer is hard to find -- if you have a good one, you are lucky! Glad your workouts are going so well. More oxygen to the muscles mean they will burn more calories. More oxygen to the brain means better moods! Keep up the good work!

Pamela, I'm sorry you're having a bit of a struggle. I take classes online that are free to learn new things. Keeps my mind off food. With TV, there are so many commercials for food and restaurants that it is very hard to watch sometimes. That's why I use the 'net more often. Hang on! It will get easier!

Hope all of you have a fab-o Friday!
Old 01-11-2002, 11:07 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

HI,
Kayla-I am glad you have fallen in love with weight training! That is absolutely my favorite! Everyone else knows on the thread-but my stepfather is a former bodybuilder-and I love it just as much as he does. Just remember not to train a body part more often than every other day except for abs-and you will be fine.
Pamela-glad your pms is alleviated. I find that doing pilates or light yoga stratched also help during that time.
Feelingblue-I posted earlier about the pancakes-but when the forum was down yesterday it dissappeared...try using light syrup and measuring out how much you use-and if you make the batter from scratch-add up all the calories of everything you use in the recipe and divide it by the number of pancakes or pieces a recipe makes. This is how I cook and eat the same dinner as my family.
Moonbeam-as far as reading goes I like the twisted demented type of novels-like Stephen King and Thomas Harris-I also read a lot of mythology, medieval type literature, and fantasy. My husband is into the same stuff. We actually went and saw Lord of the Rings a couple weeks ago after reading the novels as children! We're a couple of kids. I'm a bit demented when it comes to reading...he he...
I also read a lot of crafty type books like Martha Stewart and books on herbal remedies, making natural soaps,perfume oils,etc...
Well-I better be going-the kids want lunch and I am a bit under the weather today-tonsils again...I never had them taken out as a child and I wished I would have...but I digress....
Have a good one.
Aphil
Old 01-11-2002, 04:01 PM   #126  

Claire, Thanks for the tip!! I'm actually looking to take some scrapbooking classes soon along as going to all the rubber stamp/scrapbook expos in the area. It will get me out of the house too.

I didn't lose any pounds this week but my pants aren't as tight and more of the lines are coming off my face. I feel good at this weight and even though I'm still slightly overweight at least I don't have the weight diabetes risk anymore. My bmi is still about .4 higher than it should be. I'm healthy though and I feel good.

Keep up the good work everyone!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 01-11-2002, 07:01 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 252/252/145

Height: 5' 7"

Hello ALL!
aphil, willbethin, tupo_girl, lexxy2, its_my_life, Laidback, lisaree, KatyDes, mrspooh, waterbaby, moonbeam, GeTtInG_ThErE2, feelingbluelately; hope you are all doing great!
WOW, this thread has really grown; 14 of us !

I've done really well this week considering my DH has been home and we've eaten out a few times. This is day 36 for me and I'm now down a total of 20 pounds. Still can't wait to see 199 though.

willbethin, How's the ww meetings going? I hope they are working well for you.

waterbaby & tupo_girl, Don't the loose pants feel good. Mine are getting that way too thank goodness!

aphil , Hope you're feeling better.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

Faith~
222/202/120 day 36, 20 down, 82 to go

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. "
~~~Lucille Ball
Old 01-11-2002, 07:36 PM   #128  

Hi Everyone, Well last night was not such a good night because my husband and I went out to dinner with out the kids for a change. It was nice just the two of us. But eating wise not so good. I had a frozen mudslide that just blew it for my points for the day. I knew we were going out so I had for breakfast just half of a bagel with that blueberry brommel and brown spread. I didn't eat anything for lunch.

This morning I walked on the treadmill for 2.25 miles. Trying My hardest time if I skip lunch then I get so hungry that anything is up for grabs and I just stop counting points. I think what I am going to have to do is take something for a snack in the car with me if I have errands to run and won't have time for lunch.

Have a great night.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:24 PM   #129  

Default Hello!

Hi girls! Yes APHIL that about says it...i have fallen in love with weight training. I just got home from the gym, i went right after school today. AND! theres a big big plus! all the guys from my school that go to the gym are usually there the same times as me and now they all talk to me like im their best friend! its really funny. just cause im interested in the same thing as them and suddenly they all talk to me all the time! and they are total hotties too!!!!
anyways! ive been doing ok on the eating. today for breakfast i had a bagel with cream cheese and for lunch i had a nutrigrain bar...and for supper i had another bagel....but this one i made in to like a sandwich..it was really good!
Well, ive lost about 4 pounds, so im doing not too bad...but i plan to kick it in to high gear next week! summer is coming fast!
anyways...i should get going my little sister wants me to go watch some movies with her! but ill talk to you guys later!
luv
Kayla
Old 01-11-2002, 08:37 PM   #130  

I'm starting to feel like a broken record....I'll get back on track tomorrow. I just spent the afternoon eating everything in sight and now I'm sitting here wondering what that accomplished besides making me feel like I just poured grease down my throat. I know relapses happen, but there was really no reason for this.

Well, like I said - broken record, but I will be back on track tomorrow. Has anyone here heard of the Discovery Health Channel Body Challenge? Basically it's a tv show that covers 6 people competing for 16 weeks to lose body fat and get in shape, etc. The challenge is touring around some major cities and will be at a mall near me tomorrow. They are giving away free goodies and doing body fat analysis, etc. so I really hope I can get up the courage to go there by myself and get my body fat tested. Normally I'd make a friend go with me but they are all out of town Tomorrow is also my first day of training it will be a good re-starting point for good eating.

Ok, going out drinking now - I know, bad girl!
Old 01-11-2002, 10:02 PM   #131  

lexxy2, I checked out the web site for the Discovery Health Channel Body Challenge you spoke about and it's GREAT! http://health.discovery.com/converge...challenge.html
I encourage all of you to check it out. They have some really good recipes too.

THANKS !

Last edited by Faith~; 01-12-2002 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:44 PM   #132  

Wink Hi All!

Hi There~

I am new to 3FC, I joined on 1/10/02. It took me a couple days just to read all the posts on this thread! Wow! You guys are great!

I am 5'7" and really don't know my exact weight, yeah I know how is that possible! I do not own a scale, but one is on the way! I way around 195-200, I may be surprised when I actually weigh myself, I'll let you know!

Anyway, I am a stay at home mom of 3, atleast for the last 2 years. Two years ago this March (3 days before my birthday ) I was hit by a drunk driver. I was at a red light and she hit me from behind doing about 45mph!!! I was out of work for about 12 weeks and tried to go back but had problems with dizziness and headaches...... I left my position and decided to stay home. Needless to say, I have gained @ 40+ pounds!

I was at a really good point in my life, I weighed @ 140 and felt and looked good, now I feel like poo and need to do something!! I came across this site looking for a diet plan online and think this is for me! I want to get back to where I was 2 years ago!!

Faith, you have really inspired me, your losing quickly! Which is what I would like to do!
aphil, gettingthere, tupo, waterbaby. feelingblue>>>>>all of you are full of great advice and look forward to losing my excess baggage with you!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:03 PM   #133  

Faith, I'm glad you liked the site! It keeps me motivated and on track going to websites like that. Unfortunately I was not up to going to the mall this morning after last night's unexpected debauchery

BUT......(drumroll please)....I went on my first run! I only did a mile on the track nearby but it didn't kill me. I'm starting to realize how hard this is going to be, but hopefully I can do it.

Welcome Nasus - sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:24 PM   #134  

Hello ALL!

Nasus, Welcome, and Thanks! I know what you mean about gaining when you become a stay home Mom. My son's 3 and I'm a stay at home Mom also. I think if I had gone back to work the weight loss would have been easier and sooner, but who knows; maybe not, just another excuse for me to use. Are you still having problems with dizziness and headaches? It sounds like you've really been through a lot .
Here is the link to the thread that tells what got me motivated. I keep a copy of it with me and read it several times a day.
http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=11527
As I've said before, Aphil is our guardian angel here on this thread. She is very knowledgeable and motivating.

lexxy2, Your first run, Congratulations! WOW, a mile is outstanding! Keep it up and you're going to melt that weight off in no time!

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!

Faith~
222/202/120 day 37, 20 down, 82 to go

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"When the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change, Then...change will come."
--- Author Unknown ---

Last edited by Faith~; 01-12-2002 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2002, 12:00 PM   #135  
Water Freak

Hey all! Haven't posted in a few days, my computer's been screwy....grrr. Anyway, things are going well. I am now down UNDER 150!!!! Whooo! I know it is just a pound or two, but it makes me feel very on track. I'm now back to my pre-Christmas weight of 148-149. Guess all that walking I did this week has paid off!

Faith- I can't believe how fast you seem to be losing! Congrats You're a total inspiration.

Kayla- Cool that the guys at the gym are nice to you. And being able to drool through a workout should be a good motivation to keep with it, right? Sounds like your eating is a little off balance though. A nutrigrain bar is only like 150 calories, if I recall correctly. That's not a good lunch! Try to eat more fruits and vegetables, and some protein too. And watch out for bagels! They're about 300 cals a piece...yikes!

Good luck to everyone!

Cat
Closed Thread