General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I met my husband on a internet dating site, when I was at my thinnest (145lbs) - and he's stuck with me even when I more than doubled my body weight. If its the right guy, it won't matter.
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 243

Height: 5'5.5

Girl you better email that boy! Seriously.... he sounds like a really nice guy.... I agree with what others said... I'm sure he posted his best pics too! WHO DOESN'T! GOT FOR IT!!!!!
GeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findmyself View Post
I expected him to tell me to go to you-know-where... but he emailed me back saying that he has been saving all my emails under a folder called 'soulmate' and that he will be there waiting for me to fight my own personal battles, and that I should contact him before the end of the year.
That is soo sweet!!

I sotra dated online... >.<
I don't regret it, but Im not proud either- I was still overweight then, plus had horrible acne! And I only showed him one picture, and it was okay,
but it fell apart, so, whatever

But, maybe you should be honest with him??
He seems like he really loves you! And I'm sure he would want to help you, and support you
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 255/216/130

Height: 5'4

If anyone has experience with online dating, its me...

First - I married someone I met on a chat line. We also separated 3 months after marriage. He was still meeting other women all along and I found out about it a couple of times and let it go because he promised he wouldn't do it again. I married him anyway and then found out once again that he was still up to it, so I called it quits.

second - I met someone else, we ended up moving in together and I got pregnant. It all happened so fast. I regret it so much because I really didn't know him enough to jump into things so quickly. Needless to say, we aren't together anymore. I love my daughter and have no regrets about her.

Third ones always a charm! I'm not remarried or anything but I have been with my current boyfriend for 5 years now. I also met him online, except this time was a fluke! Somehow I had him on my msn contact list and he had me on his. Neither of us knows how the other ended up there. But we chatted for a little and then met in person and became friends for a few months before we actually started dating. We now live together and have a baby boy.

So its always a matter of making sure you look for little red light indicators because this is a 50/50 chance you are taking; so many factors to consider.

I've written a page about my past on my blog site (you can find the link in my profile), It explains deeper about my second online experience.

On another note; I don't think anyone should feel ashamed of showing who they really are. Pictures of you are pictures of you (they aren't a lie). Everyone posts their best pictures it's very common. It's not a one way street. This guy might not be all he says he is either. Rather than counting on how you look, try to keep your focus on who you are because that is definitely more meaningful.
creative mom of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I would also like to add something as a photographer - camera angles are one of the easiest ways to make a overweight person look thinner and a fit person look fat. If you were fit and thinner, but had a picture taken from a terrible angle where you looked wide and stout, would you feel bad about posting other pictures where you DIDN'T look that way? Heck no! As a photographer, its my job to make people look their best, even if that means angling them into the frame in certain ways, to disguise "flaws" and to make them appear their best. I don't feel bad about that, and neither do my clients - so you shouldn't either! Just sayin!
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #36  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

I met my husband online but not through like a dating service or anything. Neither of us were looking we just started talking and hit it off right away. It was love at first type lol!

We have known each other for over 10 years...been married 3 and I think living together 5 if my math is right lol

When I first met him I thought it was kindof crazy & other people sure thought that lol but then I realized all we did was talk. We talked more then people in face to face relationships did for sure since that is all we could do! We would spend hours chatting online and then at first every weekend long talks all night that turned into every single day! So glad my cell phone had free calling after 9 back then lol

At first we had no idea what each other looked like. Idk if one of us had been super horrid if it would have made a difference or not lol But we love each other. I remember once my sister sat down and confided in me that she always thought it was strange that I was attracted to him because he seems the total opposite of what I always liked- one aspect being ultra skinny guys & my DH is not really big really but bigger then I am (he says he is like 300lbs idk though he doesn't seem it) but the truth is I think he is perfect. Love does that I think. It makes people look different to you in a way. It isn't that you see past it or anything it just is hard to explain you love them all of them

Anyways I do agree with what everyone else said. Part of me says though it is hard to love others if you can't love yourself. But to get to love yourself you probably shouldn't be trying to lose x weight in order to meet him but instead focusing on how you can love yourself in your own skin no matter what. (ofcourse way easier said then done lol)

I would say go for it right now. It is like a movie love story here lol he might be the real one and you might just be letting him go and there is no rewind to go back and fix it Sometimes you have to be foolish and just jump in.

But most importantly if you wait - lose the weight & do get with him, there might be some left over yuckiness that is always in the back of your mind wondering if you hadn't waited would he have still gotten with you? Can you live with that always being there? If he truly loves you then he would be there forever through thick and thin and all in between no matter what. And being honest and showing your true self right away is the best idea I think.

Plus you will never be perfect. There will always be some flaw. And if you keep putting it off until you are perfect, or for the perfect time you will wait forever

I so wish I could take my own advice lmao Goodluck though!!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote