General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I remember when I spent 20 bucks for a pair of shoes and thought it was a lot. Funny, isn't it we all make more money, now, but aren't any better off than when we were getting mimimum wage.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Diane~what do you do for work that allows you to play Bingo while working?!?!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #423  

I wondered about the Bingo, too. I always had jobs where we were supposed to look like we were working, even if it was slow.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #424  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Happy Friday All.... TGIF, TGIF!!!!

Bingo... at work. Can I play?1?!?!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #425  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I had a real jerk of a boss who used to spend his days playing Bingo. One lunch hour, I had my tech guys remove it from his machine. He never had the nerve to ask for it back or report it missing. Peckerhead!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #426  

If he is as big a jerk as you say, maybe he didn' t notice it missing!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #427  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Way To Go Ruth!!!! Serves that peckerhead right to be a jerky boss... no more Bingo for you!!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #428  
Operator265

I don't think I've ever spent less than $40 for a pair of shoes(unless they were on sale). My mom would have had a total fit. In fact, she did on my papa when I was about 10 for buying me cheap shoes at Kmart. She worked on her feet her whole life and insisted on good shoes to protect our backs and joints. Mama was definitely right about that. My X was the same way with steel toes. Always Red Wings.

Thank heavens I'm not a big fashion junkie. I can get by in a pair of tennies for about a year and dress shoes can last many, many years. I have no life. I think, altogether, I have maybe 10 pair of which I wear about 3 regularly. My tennies, a pair of sandals(both Earth Shoes) and my work boots.

My first truck boss sat on his butt watching NASCAR on the computer all the time. My present boss has like 3 re-rates on the ground doing his job for him. I tell my X about it and it shocks him. His company expects their foremen to be in the field at least 70% of the time. But, then again, his company is still making money even in down times. Mine loses dollars chasing after freakin' nickles.

Last edited by Operator265; 02-13-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #429  
Operator265

You're a little brat, Ruthie. I like you!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #430  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Ruth...I hope you gave your techies a dram of scotch @ 6pm! That is so funny! I have had many peckerhead bosses but never enough POWER to really do anything but to have someone spit in their coffee or lunch order!
Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #431  

Darn it! I've always had great bosses. Some of the bosses in other departments? Not so much.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #432  
Operator265

Well, I just went and got the boots my boss decided I needed rather than the bags I requested for a safety award. Now I'd like to go a put one or both of them up his ***. I got a choice of one pair that would fit a woman. I hate that I have to go 180 miles to Rock Springs to get a choice in women's sizes. These aren't even weather-proof.

Guess what Utah. Women now work out in the field, not just the warehouse and offices. We need steel-toed boots too!

OK, rant over. I did get to talking to the lady at the store, who was mortified by the selection herself. She hates it here too. We're both women who don't need to be taken care of, don't want more children and aren't desperately seeking a man. Yippee, after 4 years, I may have actually met a kindred spirit!

Old 02-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #433  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I work in a large insurance agency. Everyone got a bingo sheet at the beginning of the day and every 20 minutes or so, the coordinator would send an email with the numbers she drew out of the hat. It has to be completely filled in, so it takes all day. Someone just won a few minutes ago. Our bosses are pretty good here and let us have a little fun on the holidays. We work our butts off most of the time, so they are not too worried.

All this shoe talk.... that's one thing I really hate buying. I have big feet, so it is no fun!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #434  

Yeah, I have big feet, too (size 9 which isn't huge, but I used to feel like they were boats). but I love shoe shopping! I used to think my Mom had a shoe fetish--she'd buy shoes JUST because they were on sale (despite the fact that they didn't fit her, then she'd try to pawn them off on me--and we don't have the same tastes!). We have a couple shoe warehouses here (DWS and E&J Designer shoe outlet) and I just love looking at all the shoes. I don't buy a whole lot of them, though. These days I tend to wear athletic shoes or flip flops and not much more.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #435  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Congratulations Operator

Operator - Amongst the rant, are you telling us that you were given an award? For safety? And the award was a pair of boots? Instead of the "bags" that you wanted. Well, Good show.

Congratulations!!!!!

And what, pray tell, were the "bags" that you wanted?

And what was your safety accomplishment?

"Inquiring minds want to know."
Closed Thread