Old 08-31-2010, 02:14 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Ugh I am so effin sick of level 2... I hate it, It sucks, I'm tired of doing it.

Thanks for letting me whine. I did day 8 of Level 2, I am so glad I only have 2 days left of it.
ellie6388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #167  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

No worries ellie, i was the exact same, its worth it because level 3 is fun but tough so youll be happy for the preparation

Only 3 days left on the shred ladies! going to buy p90 tomorrow so i dont just quit after
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

You all are SO awesome! I'm starting up again tonight and am DETERMINED to go the distance this time. I made a new thread in the exercise forum for September Shredders, feel free to join me over there if anyone is starting up again too.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 163/145/125

Height: 5'3"

I just ordered Power 90. I really like L3, but overall I'm getting a little tired of the Shred and am ready to start something new.

I'm so stressed out right now, I think I'm going to SCREAM! I've been battling the urge to "eat my feelings," but I am trying to hold out to just go for a good walk/jog this evening. Just one of those days. Actually, it is more like one of those WEEKS! Is it Friday yet?
hdallas78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #170  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

ellie-if you're tired of level 2, move on to level 3!! there's no rule that you HAVE to do each for 10 days. just do level 3 for a few extra days. you shouldn't do a work out routine you dread doing, because that eliminates some of the benefits of exercise. screw level 2. haha

hdallas- i feel ya. i'm about ready to be done the shred. i don't know how in the world i think i'm gonna last 90 days on the same routine when i can barely handle the 10 of each level of the shred haha.

shytown-if i could make it all the way through, you can too! this was my third shot and prior to this time i never made it past day 17. what a difference!!

justone-yay power 90!! me, you and hdallas will be rockin that shiz (and whoever else would like to join us )

popcorn-level 3 flies by so much faster than level 2. i think cuz there is a light at the end of the tunnel...that you know isn't an on coming train

as for me, i can't believe i'm almost done the shred!! the scale still hasn't changed, and i don't think my measurements have either...my cousin told me yesterday she thinks my boobs are shrinking. the one body part i don't want to get smaller. of course. haha. oh well, at least i'm a **** of a lot more in shape now than i was 30 days ago.

aight time for me to shred it.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #171  
Portion Control

Amyleigh - my weight is hardly moving either but I think it is making a difference in my clothes and my stamina.

I don't think I will do P90 with you guys. I am intrigued by the link Amyleigh gave me the other day for the new Jillian Shred with Weights DVD. I think it comes out next week. BUT I am not going to do it religiously like this, probably work it in three days a week.

Still, I like this group so please don't leave me behind.

I like Amyleigh's idea of sticking together even if we are doing different stuff.

Just curious, when is everyone's estimated last day of the Shred?

I should be done in about 7-8 days.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #172  

Amyleigh- 1 more day on Level 2 and it's still hard!!! I am so ocd, I can't just move on.

Still not sure what I'm doing when this is done, I think I may check on some stuff on exercise tv, that way I won't get so bored.

Walking pushups- I still don't go down all the way
Static Lunge Row- easy
High Knee- easy
Squat Thrust- still hard, I did 25 yesterday
Abs- not to bad

Strength Circuit 2- not bad, still with anita to save my knees
Oblique twist- I do okay on the first 30, the sec I'm dying
Skaters- staying with anita (knees)
Abs- HOLY $h!t

Strength 3- Military Press- hard but I make it through
V raise- I have to keep a static squat and do 2/3 of the raises
Cardio 3- single jumprope for me- I don't think I can do a double
Plank jacks- easier than squat thrusts, did 25
Abs- I can barely make it 1/2 way through this one!!

I am just weak or did anyone else feel like this? Will I survive level 3?
Old 09-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #173  
Rockin Socks since 1984

ellie, you're doing FAR more than i did on level 2 and i'm ok with level 3. here's what my last day of level 2 looked like:
Walking pushups- did them all but only about 1/2 a pushup (i can't do normal push ups)
Static Lunge Row- easy
High Knee- easy
Squat Thrust- killed me-stick with anita
Abs- not to bad

Strength Circuit 2- stayed with anita
Oblique twist- i loved it cuz this is how i danced when i was little
Skaters- staying with anita (knees)
Abs- HOLY $h!t (AGREED!)

Strength 3- Military Press- make it through the first set, breather during 2nd set
V raise- do it with no weight and only get about 2/3 of them before i can't lift my arms
Cardio 3- single jumprope for me too (still can't do double)
Plank jacks- are you kidding me? stay with anita
Abs- i skip this and just do bicycle cuz it works the same parts

as you can see, you did much more than me and i can make it through level 3 (mostly with anita to save my knees) but it's doable. i have full faith in you!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #174  

Ellie, you will be fine on L3! I never felt L2 get easier like I did with L1. Here's how it went for me:

Walking pushups- did them all but didn't go down all the way.
Static Lunge Row- 5 lb weights, went a little further than Anita, not as far as Natalie.
High Knee- easy
Squat Thrust- Usually had to stop once through but by the end I could do almost all of them, even though they KILLED me every time!
Abs- got through it.

Strength Circuit 2- stayed with anita
Oblique twist- I HATED this move!
Skaters- Stayed somewhere between Anita and Natalie.
Abs- HOLY $h!t (AGREED!) (AGREED X2!!)

Strength 3- Military Press - Made it through w/ 3 lb weights.
V raise- Did with 3 lb weights, couldn't get my arms up very high by the end.
Cardio 3- Definitely single jumprope!
Plank jacks- I'd get through with one or two little breaks.
Abs- It hurt like ****, but I got through most of them.

Level 3 is TOTALLY different than L2. It works you out really well, but goes by much faster.

Speaking of which, I only have 4 more days on Level 3 and my energy/motivation has COMPLETELY tanked!! I ended up taking a rest day today because no matter how hard I tried I just could not get going. I did go for a C25k run last night after doing my shred in the morning, but I am very frustrated that I am so close to the end and just couldn't bring myself to do it today. I WILL get my a** out of bed tomorrow morning if it kills me!!

Last edited by hdallas78; 09-02-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #175  

Holy S***! I am not officially done with the shred yet, but I took my measurements today (definitely giving myself the last 3 days to post my official "after" weight, LOL). Here's the proof that this program works!

STARTING 8/2/10
Waist - 37 1/4"
Hips - 43 1/4"
L Thigh - 26"
R Thigh - 26 1/4"
L Arm - 14 1/4"
R Arm - 14 ½"

FINISH 9/4/10
Waist - 32"
Hips - 40"
L Thigh - 24 3/4"
R Thigh - 25"
L Arm - 13"
R Arm - 13 1/4 "

TOTAL LOSS IN INCHES OVER 30 DAYS: 13.25!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get started on P90!

Last edited by hdallas78; 09-04-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #176  
Portion Control

Totally disgusted with my lack of weight loss.

1 lb last week. 1/2 lb. this week.

Is anyone else struggling to lose weight while doing the shred?

It will help me deal with it if I know it is common then I'll know we are building muscle and changing our bodies. Unfortunately, I didn't take measurements before I began so I have nothing to compare it to.

I am feeling very discouraged.

Last edited by PopcornGal; 09-04-2010 at 10:17 AM.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #177  

Popcorn, please don't feel discouraged. Although I've lost a lot of inches, I've only lost about 10 pounds in the 30+ days, and I've been very good with my calorie counting. I did notice that I had to eat a little bit more in order to have a weight loss. I was only eating around 1200 cals, but staying between 1300-1500 has actually kept my weight loss more consistent. Also, remember you're not supposed to lose more than 1 1/2 - 2 lbs per week for a healthy sustainable weight loss. All of my muscles are harder, my endurance is better, and I just FEEL better. That matters a lot more than the numbers on the scale. Hang in there!! Even though you're already a ways into the program, maybe you should go ahead and take some measurements, so you have a way to visibly gauge your progress.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #178  
yes she khan

S/C/G: 186/181.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm on day 4 of Level 3... and almost sad it's almost over! heheee

popcorn: I haven't lost much more than 4 pounds total BUT I have been getting compliments and comments (my family is insane and will comment on weight continuously so they notice)
I also feel more energetic, stronger... maybe i'm fooling myself but I used to hate the idea of having to exercise and now I look forward to it!

I was thinking of doing the 30 day slim down that combines the 3 levels in the 30DS with jillian's other videos. There's a thread around here...

I have to confess I really like Jillian, especially when she says (towards the end of level 2) "I want you to feel like you're going to DIE!!!" :-O
AnnaKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #179  
Rockin Socks since 1984

I'M DONE!!!!!!
I finished Friday but I wasn't home so I couldn't post it for you all. I was away this weekend at my friend's fiance's cabin up in the mountains and had no internet, but i finished my last workout on Friday. I didn't have a scale up there...and ate like a PIG the last 2 days. oops. so i'm sure my weight is crap but i'm going to take my weight and measurements today (i just got home from the 4 hour drive about 10 minutes ago so i want to settle in first)

i'm going to start power 90 today, even though i was going to wait until tomorrow, just because i feel like after all that food, i need a good workout! we were supposed to kayak down there, but the creek was too low and we couldnt

i can't believe i finished the shred!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #180  

WTG amyleigh!!!! I am so proud of you to keep pushing on! You are such a motivator for me!

I did level 3 for the first time today. I am weighing myself WAY too much, I've got to get back to only weighing 1 or 2 times a week. I'm really PO'd right now that I haven't lost more. Level 3 is much better. The end is in sight. I'm planning on continuing C25k 3 days a week, so I think I may just add in 2 strength days a week. That is probably all I can commit to until I find out how much time school will require.