Old 08-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I decided to take a rest day too. I could barely walk! I felt much better today and the workout was easier, and I could run longer.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #17  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i've decided to start exercisetv's zen goddess workout plan to go along with 30 day shred. it's a 14 day plan with some form of yoga or pilates everyday (minus the rest days). some of them are super short (10 minutes) while others are 45 minutes. I realized I needed some type of good stretching to go along with the shred because I'm so tight ALL OF THE TIME it drives me crazy. PLUS all of the videos on the plan are from from exercisetv.tv. Doesn't get much better than that
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #18  

OK coming back on to start my 'official' post. I am doing a moderation version as I am recovering from a broken leg, so I don't think 30 days straight of it is bad for me, it's more cardio + less muscle building for me @ this point. When I'm sore I don't use the weights but still do the moves.

Stats: 5'4"
Weight: 168
Chest: 42
Waist: 39
Hips: 42

Day 1: 30DS Level 1, Wii Fit + balance games on board, stat.bike 3 x 30 mins.
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 158/158/130

Height: 5'4

Default Just Starting Out

Well I started the 30 Day Shred last night. I had done the work out twice but then stopped. Since the only DVD player is in the living room, I found it really hard to focus while my husband, my 15 year old son (not to mention his friends) and our 83 year old Grandmother (who lives with us) is walking in and out of the room watching me. SO.... I decided to write down each exercise and make a poster to attach to the back of my bedroom door so I could work out alone. I can also listen to my own music which helps. My first official workout last night seemed to go ok. I did stop to drink water after each circuit which in the end made me sick on my stomach. May cut back on the water during the workout to see if that helps. I really NEED some accountability to help me along.

Day 2.... here I come!
WillsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #20  

What a creative idea Willsmom! Keep it up. I'm already seeing some results, this weekend my friends commented on how thin my arms looked. And trust me, they aren't thin, but perhaps more toned!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #21  
Rockin Socks since 1984

i agree with shytown, excellent idea willsmom!! i have somewhat of an opposite problem. my 30ds is on my computer which is great but my bedroom is right above the living room so whenever i do jumping jacks, i shake my moms royal daulton's downstairs...so not good. i'm learning to be a little more gentle with the jumping jacks. i think i'm going to d/l it on my ipod and do level 2 outside so my mom won't murder me haha

today i switched from 3lb weights to 5lbs and HOLY CRAP! my arms are killing me! i can't do 5lbs with the side lunge with shoulder raises. i guess that part of me is a bit weaker, but i'm hoping i'll make it with the 5's by the end of the 30 days!

keep up the good work, ladies!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #22  

I can't do all the shoulder raises with 5lbs either. Very tough, I can do almost all of the first set and about half of the second before I have to set down the weights and do them without.

Tonight during my 30min. walk/jog I jogged for 25 minutes straight with a 5 min walk warm up. I just kept going and going. My endurance is definitely building! I like your idea of yoga too, I may try that for the first time because I get very tight as well.

Keep up the good work girls, we can do this!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #23  

I did the shred this morning, but I didn't wake up early enough for cardio.

The next 4 days are going to be tough. I'm going on vacation (so I may not check in for a while - but I'll try to). I'm bringing the dvd, and the people I'm staying with have hand weights I can use.

They are all being supportive saying they'll give me the living room every morning for my workouts. But I'm still nervous, I don't want to fall back into the, "oh, I'm on vacation, I should be relaxing, not working out!"
Old 08-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #24  
Rockin Socks since 1984

shytown-good for you for planning ahead like that!! if that were me, i wouldn't have even started the shred because of a 4 day vacation...i guess that's why i got where i did, haha. anyway, i have faith in you and look forward to hearing from you when you get back. most importantly, ENJOY IT!!!! don't stress out on your vacation over working out. yes, physical health is very important, but so is mental! you're taking a vacation for a reason. be sure to pay attention to more than just your body while you're away

i did level 1 this morning again with 5lbs and i felt like i was on day 1 all over again. i barely made it through. i'm starting to wonder if i should stick to level 1 for a little bit longer to make up for my rest days...making it a 37 day shred instead of 30?

how's everybody else doing?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/145/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm new to the thread, but have been shredding for 6 days now on level 1. My endurance has really increased and I've lost 3 lbs so far! I've been adding some yoga in the evenings to help with some of the soreness. I started out with 3 lb weights and moved up to 5 lbs today. I'm getting a little bored with level 1, but am scared that I'm only 4 days away from level 2! LOL!
hdallas78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #26  
Rockin Socks since 1984

hdallas-welcome! congrats on losing 3 lbs!! i've gained the three you lost haha (my dad has this theory that the law of physics applies to fat as well...since matter can neither be created nor destroyed when one person loses weight, another one finds it...i guess i found your three)

i'm about to start level 2 in a few minutes...holy crap. i watched it first. i will be thoroughly impressed with myself if i make it through the entire video. haha. i think i'm going to go back down to the 3lb weights for at least the first few days until i get used to it.

so i'm on day 10 and i'm really not noticing any physical changes. the scale is up 3 lbs, which i'm hoping is muscle, but i look the same. i don't want to take measurements because i'm afraid i've gotten bigger, not smaller. though i do feel stronger and like i've gained endurance, it's still discouraging when you can't see any difference hopefully i'll break this plateau soon.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #27  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

hey everyone im doing the shred too, loving this thread

its my third time trying the shred and its the longest ive lasted today was my day 9

i was pretty naive other times and refused to diet while i was doing the shred so when i saw no results i gave up, fairly stupid i know.

but im seeing amazing results at the moment im eating 1200 cals a day and doing 10km spinning a few times a week , lost 6lbs in 10 days, ive only taken one rest day which was yesterday because i pushed myself really hard on the spinning machine the night before and woke up with a really sore hamstring yesterday.

got back into the workout today and the day off definitely did me the world of good, got through the whole thing and actually wanted to do it again but stopped myself because i was afraid of injury. I dont know if i can bring myself to take rest days im actually terrified of falling out of the habit of just doing it everyday.

oh and im also clearly a complete weakling compared to you girls seeing as i can only do it with .5lb weights

LAST DAY OF LEVEL 1 TOMORROW
sorry its so long guys
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #28  
Rockin Socks since 1984

just one: welcome!!! go you and the 10km spinning! you should be super proud! pretty sure i'd pass the **** out after about the first 30 seconds of a spin class. it's my third time too...third times a charm right? well, we'll make sure it is this time for both of us. i'm super jealous of the results you're seeing...i'm seeing none

on that note, i'm starting to get really frustrated. i've been gaining weight, as i said earlier, and i'm hoping it's because it's TOM, and muscle. i don't mind not losing as long as i see tone, but seeing no tone and watching the scale climb even though i'm watching what i'm eating is very frustrating. hopefully i'll see some results within the next week. bleh.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #29  
i cant wait for a ticker

S/C/G: 206/TICKER/150

Height: 5ft5

hey amy, your jealous of my results? youve got down to 147 congratulations im so jealous hopefully ill be there soon. Id say im just seeing results so quick because my bodys in shock ive never ever dieted and excrised at the same time before id say ill plateau soon enough and thats when ill need will power. Plus i dont think that you could be gaining weight in fat. if youve lost that much so far im sure your eating ok and your doing a good amount of exercise so id say your gaining muscle, youll have a six pack by the end of it we have to stick it out to day 30 although i had a look at level 3 and am actually scared haha

just finished day 10, see huge differences in my endurance i wanted to kill myself the first day and could only manage about 5 push ups today i got through the whole thing fine and really pushed myself on the cardio, saying that im dreading level 2 tomorrow!
justonemorepound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #30  
Rockin Socks since 1984

just one-i'm actually back up to 156 (shh don't tell) and have been for almost a year now...talk about a plateau (not that i was really trying again until recently). anyway, we'll stay on track together. level 2 isn't nearly as scary as it looks. i did take a few breaks, because plank position just makes my heart rate sky rocket, but other than that, it was manageable. i did the first day with less weight but i think i'm going to go back up again today (except for the last exercise..those v-lifts are killer for me). i think by the time we're on level 3, we'll be kickin arse and takin names! and no worries hon, you stick with it and you'll be with me in the 150's in no time!!!