Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/14oishhh

Height: 5'8

Hello to all.
I am starting today again. i did lean phase after i had been off from a round of c.x. it was not a great idea to start there. I also did some Barrys bootcamp here of there but i just want to do a FULL C.X. round again to get results.
ginnym1981 ......HI
Try ur best not to weigh in till the end of 30 days. take your inches as they say thats more rewarding anf it will not let you down.
I also need a lot of motivation from this site. Lets keep hitting play.

Last edited by Cluciano; 01-25-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #107  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I don't mean to scare anybody, but a few days ago I went WAY too heavy on the exercises where you squat with weights, lift onto your toes (to exercise your calves), and stand back up. The arches of my feet have been cramping up periodically for days and I'm afraid to do any workouts... I don't know if I'm just being a wuss, or if I really should back off so I don't do more damage.

Good news is the weight is still coming off -- slowly, but still coming off. I have an average of 1500 a day, though some days are 1200, some 1800.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #108  

Oh, I'm so disappointed!! I've scheduled to do the Burn Circuit 1 and Cardio Party 3. Since yesterday I did the Burn it Off + Fat Blaster, I though I could handle this. Well.. I was so wrong!

I finished the BC1 feeling good. But when I started CP3.. oh my god! My leg, my arms were useless. I tried, but I was unable to do the movements correctly. So, I switched to the 20 Min Workout and I kinda did it clumsy, if you know what I mean. I'm sweating a lot, but I'm disappointed because I though I would have the strength to do a good cardio afterwards...

Well, at least I did something. How do you guys do it? Do you mix Turbo Jam with ChaLEAN? If you do, how do you do it?

Last edited by MJKiddo; 01-25-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/130?

Height: 5'6ish

Hey girls! Just checking in!
Just completed Week 1, Burn Circuit 2 and again LOVED it! I'm not looking forward to tomorrows Burn Intervals and Abs. That one is SO tough but I will do my best.
But one day at a time! My hammies were still feeling Saturdays workout so I did a bit of a wider stance like she recommends and it went well. And WOW, those bowler lunge things....my butt/hip was on FIRE! Great burn!

Skyra-Careful! Don't go TOO heavy, TOO soon. Obviously, you realize this but I'm glad to see that you are taking it slow on returning to the workouts. Thats good judgement!

MJ-I haven't added any cardio after the weights but plan to later on.....if you can break up your session then I would try to do that. If not maybe give your body a 15-30 min break after completing your weight session? I don't know...I'm sure you just want to knock them out and be done or worry that if you rest you won't do it but I think it may help you. ?? Just a suggestion!

Well I'm off to study some A&P! Good night!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #110  

ginnym1981, I have to give me a little break. :/ The thing is, I worked out late last night and I just wanted to get it over with so I could take a bath and go to sleep. I'm gonna try this today... do one and take a 30 minute break and then do the other set. I think it's gonna work
Old 01-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #111  

Well, if I follow the calendar that came with the program, today is supposed to be my rest day. I've scheduled to do a cardio workout today, but I got the biggest headache ever!!! My next rest day is on Sunday, but that's not what is going to happen now...
Old 01-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #112  

Day 4 of the Burn Phase....Burn Intervals & Abs
HOLY SMOKES is all I have to say! 555 calories burned and I even had to take breaks to prevent me from passing out.....

Blog updated!

MJ-Keep it up! I'm taking my rest days as scheduled. If I feel up for an extra session of cardio then I will do it but for now (since I'm just starting) I don't feel guilt taking the rest day.
Pop some excedrin/advil and go to bed! Tomorrow is another day!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #113  
missjkd

S/C/G: 218/ticker/118

Height: 5'2"

I am on my second week of Burn Circuit. Although I have not lost weight yet, I did lose two inches off of my waist.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/14oishhh

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJKiddo View Post
Oh, I'm so disappointed!! I've scheduled to do the Burn Circuit 1 and Cardio Party 3. Since yesterday I did the Burn it Off + Fat Blaster, I though I could handle this. Well.. I was so wrong!

I finished the BC1 feeling good. But when I started CP3.. oh my god! My leg, my arms were useless. I tried, but I was unable to do the movements correctly. So, I switched to the 20 Min Workout and I kinda did it clumsy, if you know what I mean. I'm sweating a lot, but I'm disappointed because I though I would have the strength to do a good cardio afterwards...

Well, at least I did something. How do you guys do it? Do you mix Turbo Jam with ChaLEAN? If you do, how do you do it?
Hello,
on my firts round of c.x. i didnt at all include extra cardio days the days i lifted. i am an active person regardles so the house work and the kids and eating clean was just fine and i lost a total of 12-15 pounds just doing chalene x alone + eating clean most days. this time arround i will try to add an extra cardio here or there but i dont know if i will be able too. i think just doing the chalene hard and with amaizing form will be fine for most people.
NO!

Last edited by Cluciano; 01-27-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjkd View Post
I am on my second week of Burn Circuit. Although I have not lost weight yet, I did lose two inches off of my waist.
Thats awesome!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #116  

Cluciano, I'm not gonna lie to you... all I think about is the calories I burned. So I add the cardio so I can burn more calories and so I can eat some more. Not that I eat too much (today I ate 1359 calories)....

Today I did the Burn Circuit 2 (w2/d3), gave me a little pause and did the Cardio part of the Kickin Core. I was tired all right, but gave it my best. Burned a little over 430 calories.

I am SO worried! I'm afraid I won't see the results by the end of this month and by the end of the 90 days.

Can I ask you girls something? On some exercises, like lunges and squats with lifts (triceps or biceps) or the bowler's lunge with single arm, I tend to feel more on my leg than on my arms (where the weights are). I fail first on the legs than on the arms. Is that normal or I am doing it wrong?

Last edited by MJKiddo; 01-27-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #117  

Just finished Day 5 of Burn.
Burn Circuit 3

I really enjoy the circuit days. They aren't easy by any means but they make that interval DVD feel like a cake walk!

MJ-I wouldn't think you're doing anything wrong, maybe your arms are freakishly strong? lol I really don't know?!

Sorry so vague tonight I'm beat and heading to bed!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:09 AM   #118  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

MJ -- on the bowling lunges, at least, I always fail in my legs first. As far as I understand it, bowling lunges are supposed to be mostly for your legs, so I'd actually hazard a guess and say you're doing it RIGHT

As for the biceps & triceps, I always fail first on the arms, but... I don't know, everybody has different areas of strength. I think you're probably ok. When you get to the Push month, you'll be standing still and doing biceps/triceps, so you'll just be working your arms then, and will be failing in your arms. so don't worry, they'll get a workout!

my arches STILL hurt. i haven't done chalean in over a week and I MISS IT. yesterday I did some yoga, though, and it wasn't too bad. I think I'll be able to get back on the program in a couple days. in the meantime, I've been eating healthy.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:42 AM   #119  

Day 6 was today!
I did the Burn it Off and Recharge. Burned about 470 calories all together. Felt great and I found myself out of breath many times during Burn it Off....the Recharge video isn't really my cup of tea but I will do since Charlene says it's good for me.

Tomorrow is a rest day so I guess I've officially completed my 1st week! Woohoo!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #120  
missjkd

S/C/G: 218/ticker/118

Height: 5'2"

Do you use the body bug to measure calories burned when doing chalean extreme?
Closed Thread