Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Did the one mile again tonight...was planning on the two mile, but I got caught up doing other things.
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #182  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Grumble
Nice going getting the one mile in. The only way you can get in the exercise that you want to do it just do it. There is something else that can always be done. It will come to a point for you, just like it did for me, that exercise is like washing dishes. It has to be done so doesn't matter what else needs to be done. Exercise needs to be done and it is just another thing on the todo list. You do it and then go on to something else.

ksk
Nice going. Make sure you take a break one day a week. The body needs the rest from what I have been told. I have nothing in my house that I don't use one time or another. Wish I had a magic closet I could pull stuff out of lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 AM   #183  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Did the 2 Mile Express Saturday LATE at night but I couldnt go to sleep without my walk.
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #184  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I got up this morning and really needed to aleeve some of the stress. I did the Fast Start 3 Fast Miles. I feel oh so much better. Now if boobalah will just wake up so I can take a shower I'd feel even better. He just needs so much sleep!

Oh, thanks for the prayers, ladies. We still don't know what is going on. One thing for sure is we are changing doctors. We picked up the paperwork for a new doctor and will be delivering the request for all our files to our current doctor tomorrow. Then we are going to make an appt for the new one for boobalah and get him in as soon as possible. We arrived at the dr office 10 - 15 minutes early. He had an 11 appt. We sat there until after 12. He was so angry that some walkins (no appt) got seen before he did. He just left. He called them back and said he would like for the dr to call him and just tell him what they saw in the bloodwork. She won't do it. He has to make another appt. He's never had an appt there that he didn't have to wait over an hour just to get weighed. Then it's another 20 min. or more in a room waiting for the dr and then she only spends 5 minutes and he doesn't get all his questions answered. She never used to be like this. I guess she really wants that insurance money.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:12 PM   #185  
Rennie

Purdue
That is wonderful. Isn't it funny, we get on a routine and we just can't sleep until we do what we know is so good for us.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #186  

Hello ladies! - Congrats to everyone for working out! I did the Super Fat Burning workout (3 miles). I may have to take a break from it tomorrow!
ksk571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #187  
Rennie

ksk
I have added more resistance training than I was doing. Wasn't doing a lot just enough to add something to my routine besides the walking/aerobic videos. I think I over did it. Going to have to slow down and just add a little at a time. Who would have thought that skinny stretchy cord with handles could kick your butt lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-30-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:51 PM   #188  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Tonight I did 4 miles on the treadmill while watching the first season of MASH on hubby's PDA. We're trying it out before buying a portable DVD player and it works GREAT! I kept telling myself, "Just finish the episode!", but another one would come and I'd keep walking! I walked 80 minutes!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the welcomes!
I did the 2 mile high cal burn tonight...and it burns! But it was good!

Michele L... I love it when the time moves so quickly while exercising!
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:09 AM   #190  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

KSk - ya i've been doing them everyday for about 10 days now (before i was lucky to get in the 3 day a week). now i really look forward to it when i get home from work

as for my working out the last few days
friday - 3 mile fat burning
saturday - 2 mile express twice (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) putting that day at 4 miles
sunday- my legs and butt are really feeling all the walking i've been doing... so ya... i just did the 2 mile express. i just feel like i'm cheating myself if i do the 1 mile anymore... unless i have like only 20 mins to get it in... which it is perfect for... to get you moving when you don't have much time

in other news... my scale hates me... it seems as if i have gone up to 207.4 which is .8 over my last "offical" weigh in and 5 over my last "unofficial" weigh in.... i'm hoping it's a glitch. i'm going to take my measurements tonight and see if i can get a better feeling from those you know?

also, i got my sister to take some "before" pictures of me for the new year. i've already lost ~16 lbs, but the ones i took before were lost on the great computer crash of 07 at my friends house
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang

I haven't been logging my walking on here for the past couple of months as I've been really tied up with life and especially with my mom as she was diagnosed with lung cancer and we were in Houston for weeks and weeks for surgery to remove it and then to put in a pacemaker, and all sorts of fun like that. ;-) It was real touch and go for awhile but she is doing better. They won't consider doing chemo bec it would do more harm than good at this point, sooooooooo I'm trying to get back to a more normal routine for myself.

I am thrilled to report that I did NOT gain 1 pound during the holidays which is a major accomplishment for me and I'm glad about it :-)

Last week I got back to walking using Leslie Sansone's dvds.

On Wednesday I walked 2 miles

Friday I walked 2 miles

Saturday I walked 3 miles AND put up Christmas decorations which is major exercise in itself ;-)

and this morning I walked 2 miles before getting ready for work.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years Eve.

I'll see ya tomorrow

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #192  
Sally

i'm going to do the 3 mile fat burning when i get home from work today
Old 12-31-2007, 10:01 AM   #193  
Sally

where can you get the water weights that she uses in some of her videos? they are balls... filled with water... easier to hold in your hand while walking... i'm using regular dumbells right now
Old 12-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #194  
Sally

stupid camera USB cord is missing... so i have to go get a new one to upload the pics.

but on a brighter note, i just took my measurements and i'm down 1.3" YAY!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 PM   #195  

Sxul - yeah! Loss of inches is always great! I got my weights in a kit with a dvd from Walmart (that one was in the music section). There are a also some dvd's in the sporting goods section. At my Walmart, they also have 2 pounds weights that are similar to Leslie's (but not her brand). They are balls as well and are already filled. I don't know if it's with water or what, but they seem to be comparable. The ones at my Walmart are 2 shades of pink.

Cathy - I'm sorry you've had a rough time of it lately. I'm glad your mom is doing better. Welcome back! It sounds like you've been busy walking!

Michele - I have really been wanting a treadmill so that I can walk while watching tv (a bit of an addict here!) but I haven't gotten around to saving the money for it yet. I'm a little nervous about spending so much money on one and then not using it (as I have done with other things). But this time is different and I'm in it for the long haul!

Mare - it's nice to see you around!

Hi Shy, Lots, Grumble, Purdue and anyone else I missed!

Have a great new year and be safe this evening!!
ksk571 is offline   Reply With Quote