Old 12-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #166  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I'm hoping tomorrow I can get back on plan. ^_^ Wish me luck!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #167  

You can do it Daimere!
ksk571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #168  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

shy- go you! i'm still getting into the habit of working out... i went years without so much as getting off the couch and doing sit ups/crunches

i did 1 mile of the super fat burning 3 mile last night... so i did 4 miles total last night. i was just too tired to finish it. i'm going to try to do it tonight when i get home from work.... if my roommate has made a copy of it by then
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #169  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I've had yet another couple of days off. Wednesday I was looking for some dead people at the National Archives. There oughta be a law about 2 people that are not in the same family having the same name. Do you know how many Alexander Coulter's there have been in the past? I don't even want to know how many are here now!

Yesterday was some running around. So, no time again.

I got up early this morning while boobalah was sleeping in. I did the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started. Then I went right into the 2 mile Fat Burning.

Ladies, please pray for us today. Something came back abnormal in boobalah's blood work. We find out what it is today. He is still so weak. This has been going on since mid Nov.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #170  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Prayers coming your way, mare! Keep us posted!

I just finished the 3 mile Walk Away Your Waistline with double bands on the ab belt! Do my arms feel it! I made my December goal of 30 miles, too! I keep tweaking my 2007 goal, though. I realized that I was NOT going to reach my original goal of 900 miles, so I downsized to 600. Then I made that, so I have increased by 10 miles twice. Hopefully I can hit 620 by the end of Monday.

Have a great day!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 02:07 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I just bought my first WATP video, the 1 and 2 mile. I'm doing the one mile tonight to start!
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM   #172  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Grumble
I love that video. I happen to like to use it everyday in the morning, thou I do switch off to other vidoes for my one mile in the morning. I make sure I do that one at least once a week.

Michele
I just got that one. I do it for two miles. Really like it. Think the belt needs to be used more than it is used in the video. You are doing great, keep walking. Makes us feel good to get the body moving and we know that is good for us. My hip and knee are feeling better so I am working myself back up to my routine of 3 miles a day 6 days a week plus the other stuff I do. Sounds like a lot but it doesn't really take long. I do a 15 min 1 mile video in the morning and then a 30 min 2 mile video in the evening and my resistance training ( different routines at least every other day, sometimes with hand weights sometimes with a resistance cord, sometimes with a stretchy ) Sure isn't as much as a great many people do. I do all of this at home, no expensive gym, no expensive machines, no traffic to fight and no waiting for machines lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-28-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

ok, so i just bought my first watp video today, the 5 day fit something lol...i'm doing it tonight, after my headache nap, but ne who, I'm excited about getting to know all you great ladies! I'm back on plan tomorrow!! i've stunk it up this past month!! no excuses though!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #174  
Rennie

lots2go
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL I love Leslie's videos. She is fun and perky. You join right in and feel part of the group. They are also easy to do and she gives good instruction. You enjoy and walk away the lbs with the rest of us. Let us know how things are going.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-28-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:45 PM   #175  

Hi Lots & Grumble - welcome to our thread.

CB - sending prayers your way and hoping all is well.

Michelle & Shy - I keep seeing the one with the walk belt and wonder how it is. I may have to give it a try.

sxul - 4 miles is great. I need to up my exercise! I went quite a while without exercising either. I found last week when I went a whole week without it that I kinda missed it.

I got the Walk & Kick dvd from netflix today. I really liked it. It was a little different. It must be about 2 miles because it was 30 minutes. It seems that Wal-Mart carries a lot more exercise dvd's around the new year. I'm looking forward to checking it out and hoping they are going to carry more WATP workouts for a while.

Take Care!
Old 12-28-2007, 07:35 PM   #176  
Hail Purdue!!

S/C/G: 217/ticker#2/130

Height: 5'0

Hey ladies just checking in...I did the Walk Strong today with weights and I really feel it!
PurdueGirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #177  
Rennie

Purdue
It is to bad none of us live close enough to do the workouts together. Wouldn't that be such a hoot. We would have to remember to BREATH while we laughed lol.

ksk
I really like it. I don't think you use the belt enough but I do like the routine in general. It was really cheap less than 13 dollars.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:10 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

well, i did the first one tonight it was great! It was the 1 mile the get started one, i used weights for most of it, i didnt realize that she would incorporate the weights later in the video, i used them from the beginning, but didnt make it the whole way w/ them, i also did 20 pushup and sit ups before that though...i've got to get back in the swing of things! I'm so glad I found u ladies
Shy: I just saw in your siggy, the drop in your BMI WTG!!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:20 AM   #179  
Rennie

Lots2
Thank you so much. I am happier about the drop in BMI than I am about the drop in weight lol. Nice going doing that video with weights. I do the same thing. That is the video I started with. I didn't move on to two miles until I could do that video just as hard as I could make it. I love that video.

I did a new workout ( new for me ) I found on diet.com using the resistance cord with handles ( hey people I had this darn thing from one of my Richard Simmons tapes from years ago lol sure glad I kept it, going to break out those old VHS tapes and convert them to divx so I can play them on the computer in the den and sweat away to the oldies . By the way, great site, click on video and then on fitness/exercise you will see all kinds of videos of different exercises using different things and some using nothing at all. My gosh that work out kicked my butt lol. Every time you use a different piece of equipment you find you are using those same old muscles in a brand new way.

For me, it is great to be able to do all this at home. videos don't cost that much, this last new one I got was under 13 dollars and it came with the waist band with attached cords with handles. You can get videos from the library and rent them too. Check out the sections of videos for sale and for heavens sakes stop at those yard sales. You know how so many poor souls get exercise stuff and then toss it in the closet a few days or weeks later. You can get great stuff for almost nothing. I want one of those Susan Summers things that you press between your thighs. I had someone that does and trains people in work outs tell me that thing is great and really does work to tighten those thigh muscles and helps a great deal with that upper inner thigh that is so hard to work on. We shall see, I am going to be checking out yard sales to find one. Figures I have seen dozens of the things before when I just wasn't at the place yet to want to exercise. Now I will have a hard time finding one I am sure lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 12-29-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:35 PM   #180  

I did the 30 minute walk: weight loss series today. This is my 4th day in a row to exercise and my 6th time in the past 7 days. Small NSV!

Shy - I have the ThighMaster that I got at a garage sale for $1. I need to drag it out of that closet stuffed with exercise stuff I never use that you were talking about!!