Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #121  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Turbo ~ So sorry to hear about your cousin. Even when you're not close to the person, it just strikes you how fragile life is.
And shoot, girl. You don't sound like a "whiny b*tch" AT ALL. This is just where you are with your weight, is all. Six months from now, I hope to be in a similar place... :thup:

Chalma ~ 'Round about TOM time is usually the worse for cravings for me, too. Just being aware of your tendencies is half the battle. If you can anticipate the trouble, it's sometimes easier to hang on through it. Grrr to the family comments. It's such a double edged sword. on the one hand, motivation... on the other hand, judgment. I'm hearin' you on the six week timeframe: we have a beach retreat coming up in June and I'd like to be lookin sharp for that. Plus summer, etc. I'm sure everyone wants to look good...

Xiao ~ Oh, the sugar free gum... That's a hard habit to break. I used to drink mugs of tea when I worked at home, but somehow that's not as immediately satisfying. (heh - I cracked up at your TMI - have definitely been there, girl.) This spring here in the northeast is a killer for allergies. Pollen, etc. Yuuuuck!

Oleh ~ WAY TO GO on your half!!!! What an accomplishment. Agree that just pushing through and FINISHING is a huge accomplishment. There WILL be other races and opportunities to get in shape. RE: weightloss in general - I once heard someone say: "The only way you're going to lose weight is behind your own back." and I believe it.

nova ~ Hope your schedule calms down soon!

~~~
Thank God It's Monday. Ha. It was a busy weekend.

Made yoga on Friday (great class!) then had a girl's night in with some friends. Had NO time whatsoever on Saturday. Went out to brunch w. friends after the work seminar, then only stopped home for a few minutes before heading upstate for the concert. We did the Mendelssohn violin concerto, The Edgemont overture and Beethoven 3.

Sunday was church + afternoon date w "the professor". Met at a park and just walked... for hours. Then got lunch. Then walked some more. We're both kind of still on best behavior. Apparently people have told him that he looks like Harrison Ford (when he was younger) and I can kinda see it... I feel like I'd have a crush on him if I was in one of his classes. *sigh*

The only question mark is his faith stance... We're similar, but not entirely in the same place ("same state, different zip code" situation). He's exploring. I'm re-evaluating... It's a process. Where it is right now.

Happy MONDAY, feathers!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #122  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

126 this morning after a massive horrible carb poop. I have been ATTACKING carbs all weekend and it ends here! I can't help but acknowledge it's probably because I decided to eat at a deficit for a week and a half and it all unraveled - coupled with my period coming in a week or so. So I don't know what to do from here - I guess go back to normal and hope it will balance itself out and "settle" where I am? Recomp is to me more important than scale weight but that doesn't seem to be happening either. And NOT FEELING INSANE ABOUT FOOD is more important than everything.

Yesterday I went hiking with the BF to Crane Mountain in the Adirondacks...it was a perfect day out, pushing 70 F but there was still lots of snow on the ground. We found a ton of salamanders in lakes and puddles and they were not afraid of people at all. I'll put up photos once I upload them! We got HUGE sub sandwiches from a local deli that somehow disappeared in their entirety, hence the super heavy weigh-in this morning...

Alex Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, yoga and orchestra and girls night AND a lovely date with the professor - faith stance is a question mark for sure but it's still early, you can pretend it doesn't matter! It seems like your "unfocused" feeling from Friday has faded a bit. I hope you've got an awesome week ahead of you!

Turbo I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin. It's so tough on everyone left behind - at least you are helping your aunt in the sense that you and your brother are healthy and doing OK for yourselves and not causing her more worry. *hugs*

xiaobaicai The day AFTER a big workout is always my "HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO" day - which sucks for the recomp philosophy where you eat bulk calories on lifting days and diet calories on recovery days! I'm sorry your run was cut short by rabbit turds, that is the worst feeling and not satisfying at all! At least you MADE IT to the can vs having an accident. You've been logging some serious mileage lately - I am impressed! My knees would be KILLING ME.

olehcat Congratulations on completing the half marathon!!!! That's such an awesome achievement even if you have run them before. I'm glad you're feeling good generally about not weighing and living life - it really sounds like the scale was holding you back from fully enjoying anything!

chahma Ohhhhh those pesky PMS cravings. I get like that a week to a week and a half before TOM. Just INSATIABLE sugar cravings and my stomach rumbles in "genuine" hunger five minutes after I eat what would normally be a filling and satisfying meal. Hang in there - you survive this every month. It feels like a CRISIS every month for me, I have insane thoughts like "I'll just give up trying to be slim altogether." Provence will be lovely though and I'm sure your in-laws won't notice 5 pounds or less :P
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #123  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Alexis : Young Harrison Ford? You're dating HANS SOLO!!?!? Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! Sounds like a fun date You seem to both want to take it slow and not rush things. I Google Translated ''faith stance'' but even with the translation, I'm not 100% sure, is that about you and him not having the same religion/faith background? And do you have plan to see him again soon? ... mehehehe, I'm curious

krampus : Aww sorry to hear about this EAT AL THE FOOD/CARBS situation! If it can make you feel better, last night, between 9 and 10, I think I walk about 15 times to the kitchen just wanted to munch on EVERYTHIIIIING. Aaaah I can't wait to go hiking! Question ; did you ever hike Lafayette? Is it nice?

Hi ladies. Still 132.4 this morning, the same for the past 3 days, which I'm totally okay with. Sure, I'd like to maintain in the 131, just because it is lower, but as long as I maintain, I'm fine with it. I think I'll put my red line at 134.0 for now and see how it goes.

I'm feeling wayyy better since I increased my calories. Less stress and sooo much more energy. I was really feeling like dragging myself everywhere lately.

I had a great walk at the park yesterday afternoon, it was warm and green and amazing. We even our first gelatto of the year at the end of our walk (there is this market/gelatto/gourmet cheese, bread and meat) just at the entrance of the park. I had a hills training this morning, 7 repetitions of quite a hill in the course of an 8k run. I was overdressed and hot but it's all done now YAY.

Oh and by the way LEILAJEY we saw you posting on the daily WI thread so YO GET YA FINE *SS OVER HERE and tell us what you've been up to!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #124  

Krampus ~ YES! Unfocused feeling has definitely faded, which is great. And lol to pretending that the faith issue doesn't bother me. I've been pretty up front about the whole thing, mostly because we're still in the "trying to impress each other" phase, so if I have issues and want results, now is the time to bring them up.
Your weekend hike sounds fantastic! Can I ask what hiking boots you wear? I'm looking to invest, but not really sure where to start...

Turbo ~ lol - He says "Han Solo", I say "Martin Freeman" ... Six of one... Then again, I am the love child of Helen Mirren and Yo Yo Ma. You're right that the "faith stance" is about faith/spiritual matters. It's the center of my life and a non-negotiable. That being said, it's good that we're talking about it and he knows exactly where I stand.

And iiiinteresting that you mention seeing him again, because I'm kind of debating inviting him to my concert on Friday. I've held off inviting people in the past, because it's a long evening and can be kind of boring, but now I'm thinking that I might just go for it. Why the heck not, right?

Glad that you're upping your calories and eating a bit more AND that you feel better doing it. Anywhere in the 130s is a great place to maintain.

~~~
Went for a night run after I got home yesterday!!! Super proud of myself. Not gonna lie, I was strongly motivated by the thought of posting in to my feather friends... Got home at 9PM and was on the street by 9:18. Ran appx 4 miles in about 45-ish mins, which might be slow for some of you, but is pretty darn good for me. Felt amAAAAzing!!! I was flying.

Also did some browsing/eating with my bestie who's back from Italy. Hurray! Love spending time with her. We're planning on hitting up the sushi buffet on Saturday, too.

Tonight is orch rehearsal. Tomorrow is cult group. Thursday is dress. Friday is concert. Saturday is sushi (and possibly out with cult friends) Sunday is church + birthday party. It sounds like a lot, but next week should be calmer... Fingers crossed...
Old 04-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #125  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii. It is so late, my brother was in town and we ate town. And I drank WINEEEEEE to celebrate a big exam my boyfriend was having today. It was nice to be out with my two favorite boys in the world

I'm a tiny bit drunk and handling my massive food baby, I'm gonna be so bloated tomorrow, thank you Nuam Noc.

See ya tomorrow ladies!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Again, just a drive-by post -- today is coming to the end of my busiest period like ever. My classes are finally DONE (until mid June at least), but I am still finishing the final project for it, working full time, and have some other things going on this evening!

Okay, guys, I NEED to sit down and figure out what to do about weight loss. Have not weighed myself, but based on my clothing, I guess I'm still around the same, hovering in the mid 140s. Not eating dinner was brilliant, but the problem is there are FAR too many nights where that just doesn't work. Not eating breakfast would be another option, but the thing is, I never eat that much in the morning anyway. My HUGE danger zone is about 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. So if I eliminate eating then, it's all good. But like I said, the problem is, there have been too many special events this past week that involve socializing in the evening. I KNOW that I'm probably eating just too many calories.

*sigh* I feel good about food and not weighing, but I don't like my current weight and haven't for a good long time. I keep mentally kicking myself and saying that if I had pulled myself together last year at this time, I would be my ideal weight easily by now. I long for that magical click in my mind in which I just naturally eat less than I burn in an intuitive way. I have heard of SO many people who drop like 20 pounds because they just started eating way smaller portions of everything that they love. That's really what I'd love to work on. And I think I will. *determined*

No personals because I don't have time today (will be gone literally until bedtime today), but I am sending out LOTS of good vibes to fellow feathers!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #127  

turbo ~ :heh: Congratulations on your food baby. ;-) Hope you're managing OK this morning. How long is the bro in town for?

oleh ~ Hurray for being DONE with classes!!! Good luck on the final project push. Re: the WILL to lose... you know, I just go back to the flywheel concept. I think having a "plan" and sticking to it, whatever it is, is crucial. No more clean plate club!

~~~
Had pasta last night (why???) and didn't run, so up a bit this morning. Still, I'm starting the month at 156, which isn't great, but isn't too terrible.

Hoping to get in a run before group tonight!

Happy May Day, feather friends.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #128  
Warrior Princess

*sigh*

I haven't gone to the gym in a few days. I need to get my mojo back, I was so dedicated to working out for over a year it was ridiculous. Around April I almost totally checked out. I'm sure once I get settled at my new job next week my workout routine will come back into place. Plus it's May 1st! Good time to start over. Right?

I also let down my guard down a little with food over the weekend.

I have come so far there's no way I am going back to muffin top. No. Way. I just spent a lot of money on new pants! Ugh... Tomorrow, gym. No excuses.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #129  
Warrior Princess

<----Oh, and these running shoes? $110! I need to move my @ss!

On a serious note: Brooks Ghost 5's are the best running shoes EVER. I used to get horrible joint and posterior shin pain after jogging, not anymore.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote