Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Oh man I'm so sore today. Leg day continued after work - glute bridges w/45# plate, leg raises, leg curls, leg press, unweighted Bulgarian split squats, captain's chair leg raises, lat pulldown and lying tricep extensions just cause. REST DAY here I come. My BF is back from his trip today and I'm going to pick him up tonight - so of course I woke up with a sore throat, swollen glands and postnasal drip, classic "first day of a cold" symptoms.

Open mic tomorrow - I'll be playing violin. Fairly confident in our setlist. Saturday I am having 7 bridesmaids over to my parents' house (my apartment won't hold that many people comfortably) to work on bridal shower prep stuff for my friend's wedding in June. I had forgotten about it until yesterday, whoops!

Alex Hang in there. You know restriction and too many rules leads to nowhere good - stick to your guns. Sometimes it's just easier than other times. Being kind to yourself yields success.

CohesiveGen Hope April will be less of a rollercoaster for you than March - I do think March is a tough month for everyone! I certainly went up and down a lot.

xiaobaicai Ha thanks! I am working on pullups and dips now as my #1 upper body priority - my bench and overhead press are weeeeak and it's sort of discouraging. Speedwork sucks, I can handle it on a treadmill but not outdoors! Your distance achievements are impressive - I get so stiff after 5 1/2 or so miles.

TheBunneh Boo! is it related to that internet hack?

Turbo It's going to be warm again tomorrow, thank goodness. I hope you enjoy the cheese and pâtés and cake tonight. My friend is having a bday night out at the bar with the best wings around...good burgers too...DANGER DANGER!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #17  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Waaaah god ran around all day!

Alexis : I am really enjoying the Game of Thrones book so far, you should definitely read them!

I am happy to read you are feeling better... coming back from being sick big time like you were is never easy. I guess I missed it, you are going low carb? I was reading my food log last night and even if I always was ''not doing anything in particular, just eating healthy'' I guess I've been doing a low carb thing (cut down pasta from like 3-4 times a week to once or twice). Good luck!

TheBunneh : Baah computer problems suck

Xiao : Huhhh, I feel you about speedwork. Actually, not true : I love intervals but right now I'm doing tempo run and I looooathe them. I always feel like I am THIS CLOSE to die at the end. Are you training for something in particular?

Gen : Another tall Feathers! Soon we'll be able to form a 5'8'' crew! :P You're French Canadian? (I guess Gen is for Genevieve?). I rarely see other French Canadians on 3FC Welcome!!

krampus : With all the workout you've been doing lately, I'd be JEALOUS if you would be able to go around not being sore at all, woman :P LOL Have some nice time with your boyfriend and load up on Vit C to kick the *ss of this stupid cold!

134.4 this morning, happy about it! Still not back to my low point of last week but with a week of dinners and stuff, I'm totalllyyyy fine with this.

The weather still sucked today, I waited till the afternoon to head out to run but it was still windy as h*ll, I had to really push against the wind to maintain the pace I was aiming for. I had to push to finish, my legs feeling heavy from yesterday workout but I still managed to get my 10k run in. YAY that gives me a bit of calories budget to deal with tonight's dinner.

I baked an Oreo cake for the boyfriend (2 layers of chocolate cake with a feeling of creamcheese, coolwhip and crush Oreos, it tastes like a giant cookie) and I picked some really nice cheese. The birthday boy decided to train after work and he's still not home... aaaaaah I'm starving.

Gotta go, just as I got everything ready for the boyfriend to come home, the cat decided it was time to go to the toilet and the house now smells like crap. Not cool Cat, not cool.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #18  
Staying the Same

Gosh Turbo I am such a wiener about distance running! You're a distance champ! I ran 11K on Saturday and never want to run again. That Oreo cake sounds INCREDIBLE, thanks for the Vitamin C reminder, gonna pound down a Vitamin C drink before heading to the bar where I'll sit on my hands to try and not order wings :\
Old 04-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #19  
吃多一点,吃少一点

S/C/G: >29" / 25.5" / <=25"

Height: 5' 3.5"

Alexistrophic: I'd be interested in visiting South Korea some day, although I don't know the first thing about the language. Can't even say 'hello'. On a diet-related note, though, I sometimes buy super-spicy kimchi from the store here and eat a big heaping wad of it if I need to suppress my appetite. I think it's tasty, but it's also got the handy side effect of turning my 'wanna binge' feeling off.

CohesiveGen: When you taught in Mexico, did you ever feel unsafe? I would like to spend some time in Mexico/Central America later in the future, but aside from a few select countries, I fear that much of it has serious crime issues.

krampus: Yeah, my goal right now with upper body stuff is to just do one bodyweight pull-up. I live in a smaller-ish city now, but we've actually got a couple nice gyms here. Unfortunately, we don't have a dip/pull-up machine, so it's either full bodyweight or nothing. About treadmills, I don't even know why, but I've just got some psychological inability to tolerate them. I love running outside and don't get bored, but after maybe 10 minutes on the treadmill, my brain is all like "are we done yet? are we done yet? check the time again!"

Turbo: Not training for anything in particular, just trying to up my running speed and boost weight loss in general. However, I'll probably get more into running marathons or half-marathons when I get back to the States.
------------
I've been pretty shy of the scale for about the past week and a half, ever since I got back down to 56.7 kg (I use kg sometimes), which is 125 right on the nose. I think I've got my gigantic Easter dinner to thank for the lack of progress, but I weighed in today at 56.9, which is whatever, no big deal. I'm at the tail-end of my period, so all my bloating is gone.

I have long struggled to lose weight at a decent rate, so I think what I'm gonna have to do is just suck it up and commit to low-calories (<=1500) until I see the results I want. All those BMI calculators tell me that (presumably including exercise, but don't know) I have to eat like 2300-2500 to maintain my weight. Yet my usual 1700-1850 a day plus exercise just doesn't seem to be cutting it. There is like, some magical threshold in my body that, if I eat 1500 or less a day, the pounds fall off, but if I go like I am now, despite the actual difference in calories being just 2-300, then I maintain. That's just been my past experience.

However, this weekend I'm going back down to the first city I lived in in China, which is a place called Daqing. It's Tomb-Sweeping Festival, and I've got the weekend off. I need to do some research for a piece I'm writing on the oil industry there, and I'd really like to go to at least one of the museums, but I think they're all gonna be closed. We'll see. Anyway, I hope to be able to avoid getting stuffed with food by friends. I'll be taking lots of long runs, in any case.
xiaobaicai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

xia (sorry shortening your name here ): I LOVE kimchee. Love, love, love it. It's a great appetite suppressant, too. Or just good and healthy and low cal snacking when you just need something to nibble on. Oh, and it looks like your goal is similar to mine. I have 120 as my goal and that may work fine for me, but 110 is my dream weight! And lol about your students commenting on your weight gain. I work with much younger students (2nd/4th grade) and I am just waiting for one of them to ask me if I'm going to have a baby or something...:-p

@Turbo - wow, I am SUCH a wimp about running in the wind! I would have turned right around and left, lol!Good for you! I have to do a long run this weekend, around 8 miles. Naturally I will be walking/running it since I'm not in fantastic shape right now. But no shame in that. I just want to get the distance in.

@Krampus - I wish you could go to the gym with me and show me around all those fancy sounding lifting names and techniques! . And as for your question about the grains/sugars causing anxiety. I'm not sure that they are causing anxiety. It's more that they don't HELP the anxiety and seem to make them worse. I do know that when I eat VERY limited grains/sugar that I feel better and calmer overall. So this is day 4 and I'll see how I feel today. That's where you usually break out of hte withdrawal symptoms, etc.!

@Alex - I hear you. That's why I had go a bit radical right now. Now whenever I fantastize about eating a brownie, I kind of sarcastically say to myself, "And how was eating stuff like that working for ya?" And I kind of laugh to myself and don't eat the brownie because well, eating what I want, whenever I want this past year has been disastrous for my weight. I'm up a whole 10 pounds on average than I was in late 2011. Then I was complaining, yes, complaining about being 137. Now I'd kiss the scale if I saw 137. But anyway, I just realized I had to do something DIFFERENT and hopefully stick with it. I mean, am I never, ever going to have cake or anything sweet again? No. But I am going to pick treats wisely and make them infrequent. I am allowing myself a "cheat meal" once a week, but by cheat meal, I still mean no sugar, limited grains/flour. For example, it can't be my favorite Thai noodles, not yet. That I could do as I get to maintenance. I don't know how successful I'll be. I don't have a great track record, but I'm going to take it one day at a time! We can do this.

@Gen - welcome, Gen! A lot of people have taught abroad here! I haven't taught abroad, but I have lived abroad where my now ex-husband was teaching, once in Scotland and another time in Trinidad.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #21  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Krampus ~ lol I like the sound of those Bulgarian split squats AND the open mic. What's on your set list???? Wish I was closer so I could come out and support y'all!

Turbo ~ Your "nothing in particular just eating healthy" strategy is my main motivation, girl. That cake sounds droolworthy... Yumstars. I might just have to pick up the Game of Thrones books, now. I know my friend would love someone else to discuss them with.

Xiao ~ Way to take advantage of all the opportunities around you. Kimchi is a staple in our fridge, too. Mom's white midwestern from Michigan, but loves the stuff. I don't think I would have wanted to visit SoKo if I hadn't been working there. Not a ton to see or do, as much of the original architecture/landmarks were leveled during the war, but they do put on some awesome firework displays. (although I'd imagine that China might do that quite well, too.)

Cat ~ Lol - Dr. Phil moment: "So how's that been working for you?" And you're so right. We CAN do this. It's not "forever"; it's just "For today." So for today, we can make health and sanity a priority. Just for today.

~~~~
Super proud of myself for making my goal from yesterday. Ended up walking 2 miles on the treadmill after rehearsal. Just walking. And only 2 miles. Not 5 or 10 or 15. Just 2. Sometimes in my head, moderation can be the biggest victory. I'm an "all or nothing" kind of gal. It's either 5 miles at full speed or "F*@##$ it, I'm going to eat cookies on the couch". 2 miles and a moderate eating plan is gigantic and probably the best thing I can do.

Did I make my nutrition goals for yesterday? - YES.
Did I make my fitness goals for yesterday? - YES.
What would I have done different? - Nothing.
What am I proud of? - Food as fuel, and made space for life around me.
Nutrition goals for today? - Moderation.
Fitness goals for today? - at least a mile. (why mess with what works?)
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

krampus Enjoy your rest day, and the time with your boyfriend tonight. Hope you manage to fight off the cold and it doesn't plague you for too long.

Turbo Look at how well you are doing. I remember you were worried last week about all the eating events in the future, and you've done really well with them. I think I need to take a page from your book, and not stress so much when things throw me off plan, because it just makes me screw things up even more.

xiaobaicai Enjoy the festival this weekend. Living in China must be cool. I really do think everyone should try and live abroad at least once in their life. About 5 years ago, I did 6 months in Ireland and it was great. I'm a bit envious of you now, because I can't do that anymore. I've got my roots planted with a house and a husband and a kid, etc etc.

Alexis I think moderate goals are a great thing to aim for. In the past I've been so hung up over taking days off on the weekend, and I find now that I don't stress it, and just enjoy family time on the weekend, it's taken a huge load off of myself. Though I still struggle mentally with wanting to fit in more than I'm currently doing, I'm more accepting of it.

----------

Well, I'm a little late to be reporting on this, but I too had a stuff your face Easter weekend. I'm not sure I'll even place in the top 3 at this point, as there is only a 1/2 a week left. In any case, I'm trying to make the most of it, but I've still been getting thrown off here and there. I'm trying to take a more moderate approach now, and haven't weighed in since Monday, when I did my weigh in for the competition. I think that will be a good step for me, but I do have to do a final weigh in next Monday anyways, and then I may ditch the scale for a while, and just try to focus on health rather than weight.

My daughter had the assessment of her french skills yesterday, and it went well. Well, she didn't really speak too much, and there was a bunch of questions I knew that she knew that she just sort of shrugged off, but the principal said she can tell that she understands, and thinks she'll do well at the school. She's not in yet though. We still have to meet with an admissions committee, which is basically discussing my reasons for wanting to put her in a french school, and then we'll be done with it, aside from the usual kindergarten registration stuff. I feel a lot better about it now, as the rest is on my shoulders, and I should have better control over it. I was getting a bit anxious over the french test, because I can only do so much to prepare a 3 year old for that, but it was pretty reasonable.

One of my co-workers has started running over lunch break, and after talking to him, I've discovered that there is an indoor track within walking distance that is free to use, and has shower facilities. I had thought about running over lunch, as I usually only take 5 minutes to eat, and then go back to work, but the lack of shower was stopping me from doing it. But now I should be able to make it work, and not only that, all year round, so I'm pretty excited about that. I just have to remember to bring in my running gear, so that I can get started with it.

And... my roller derby training starts on Sunday, so I'm looking forward to that. It's just 2 hours every Sunday right now, so nothing huge time commitment wise, but once the training is done and I get placed on a team, I expect that to at least double, or maybe triple, so we'll see if I can make it work in a few months from now.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #23  

krampus : Don't worry, I was also feeling like I was not willing to run again after yesterday's horrible windy run. If I am a distance champ, you are definitely a speed champ! I'm looking forward to hit my intervals training, but they are at the end of my program bwaah. Did you end up getting wings?

xiao : I admire you for pushing your running without having any races schedule, I feel thay if I would not schedule anything I'd just be BAAAAAAAH NOT GOING FOR A RUUUUN. Have fun in Daqing!

Olehcat : 8 miles is a great run! I only have to do 10k this weekend because I ran more during the week, but after that the mileage will go up and up and uuuup. But we can do thiiiis!

Alexis : I think you pretty much nailed your goals for yesterday and that rocks : be proud of every little success!! And I understand your friend, GoT is the kind of book that you want to talk what happened with someone as soon as you turned a page LOL (''OMG/WTH/ARE THEY MAD/I HATE JEOFFREY kinda stuff)

Jessica : Aww I'm happy to read that the big part for your daughter school is now behind you! Rollerderby looks so cool but scary at the same time... I think I'd be scare to fall, they skate freaking fast! But this thing will be such a good workout, good for you!

135.0 this morning; after last night dinner, I am totally fine with this. I am happy to now be back on track though ; after not being able to control much of my eating in the few days, I crave tasty healthy stuff (which is really not a bad thing :P)

I skipped the usual gym today as I will need to get a new membership next week and I wanted to delay this on my credit card until next week. I ended up doing a Jillian Michaels Abs training I found on Youtube on my deck. It was fun to enjoy the sunny weather at the same time. Actually it is weird, the abs are not even sore, but there was some high intensity small intervals through the workout that used legs and the legs were the ones in pain through the workout.

Tomorrow is a rest day (YESSSS, legs are dead). Good night ladies!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #24  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Jessica ~ So good to hear about your daughter's schooling! What a relief that the process is almost over. I don't know much about roller derby, but what I do know sounds intense. How did you get into that? It does look like a great stress reliever...

Turbo ~ I totally hear ya on the "craving healthy food" front. It's just such a relief to feel like I have my head above the water of compulsive overeating, y'know? Abs on your deck sounds loads better than being stuck in a gym (says the girl who prefers running on the treadmill ) It's always good to have a change of pace.

~~~
Did end up going for sushi with friends last night and it was amazing, even though the sushi was crap. To be fair, I got a boring "three roll" combination (tuna, salmon, california) but it took forever (close to 30 mins) and when it came, they were old. Like rubbery, old. Like I could bounce them on the table, old. Yuk. But the people were tons of fun, so totally worth it.

Came home, had half an orange, two plums and went for a walk. Excellent. Feeling fantastic and focused this AM. Way to go.

Also just found out that a friend and her fiancee are going on a working interview this weekend to run a Bed and Breakfast in Virginia. (which means hello! Vacation destination!!! Sweet!!!) They met a woman at an innkeepers conference a few weeks ago and if all goes well, they'll end up running the place.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Turbo I am a bit afraid of falling, but I have tons of safety gear, and they teach you how to fall properly, etc. I've actually fractured my wrist once in my life, and it was from rollerskating like 7 years ago. But I wasn't wearing any wrist guards, and didn't know that I shouldn't put my hands out to break my fall. I haven't roller skated much since then, but we're required to wear knee pads, elbow pads, wrist guards, a helmet and mouth guard, so while the chance for injury is high compared to some other sports, at least the proper precautions are being taken.

Enjoy your rest day today.

Alexis About 7 years ago, a friend of mine suggested we go to a roller rink for the **** of it. We had a lot of fun and started going weekly. It probably lasted a couple of months before I ended up moving out of the area, and there are no roller rinks around here, so I haven't skated since then. But I noticed a few years back that an acquaintance had joined a roller derby league, and I see her posting about it all the time on Facebook. I've wanted to do it for years, but didn't feel I could commit the time, due to having a young one at home. Now that my daughter's a bit older, I'm hoping to make it work. I'm still nervous about the time commitment, but hopefully it'll be manageable.

Sorry the sushi was crap. I've never managed to develop a taste for it myself, but it seems like everyone else in the world loves it. Great to hear you are feeling good today

------------------

Well, my eating has been all over the place this week, and I was ready to throw in the towel with respect to the competition. But this morning I decided to randomly weigh in, and I'm down about 3.5 lbs from where I was 4 days ago. So even though my eating hasn't been great, I have been dropping water weight. I plan to really buckle down over the weekend, because I actually feel like I can place 3rd in the competition after all.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #26  
Staying the Same

TGIF Feathers! Pleased to see my WI today, 123.4.

I am still all stuffy and drippy and feel like a mouth-breathing monster. I was HUNGRY so I had a footlong ham and turkey sub for lunch, and the man working there was all like YOU DON'T NEED A DIET PEPSI HURRHURR THAT'S THE LAST THING YOU NEED - dummy, people who say sh!t like that would also say to an obese person "you sure you don't want a DIET (soda)?" It looks like I'll be bailing on the gym tonight - trying not to feel guilty cause HELLO I went this morning (tabata style "real" HIIT and split squats/lunges and a brisk cooldown 5 mph walk/shuffle) and I can go tomorrow. Irrational and irritable - PMS, probably.

Open mic was fun last night, a couple friends came to see us and people seemed impressed by our instrumental variety (keyboard, harmonica, guitar, banjo, violin). Tonight my BBQ friend kicks off the spring/summer/fall BBQ season with steak and chicken fajitas (YESSSSSSSSSS) - I'm excited, less excited because I gotta be out the door by 9:30 tomorrow to do bridesmaid crap all day but I'm sure that will be enjoyable too.

JessicaB Don't give up - some prize money beats zero prize money! Great news on your daughter's schooling, roller derby and a place to run on lunch. I should start forcing myself out for some exercise midday, by the time 5 PM rolls around I feel like a shlump.

Alexistrophic MODERATION is serving you very well it would appear. I'm glad you finally feel out of the vicious cycle and back into a pattern of health and sanity - sorry the sushi was bad, I find bad meals out to be super trigger-y and suddenly wind up thinking "I NEED TO EAT ANOTHER MEAL RIGHT NOW TO COMPENSATE."

Turbo I tried a Jillian Michaels "athletic yoga" something or other video once and totally had to give up it was so hard. Ha! Hope you had an awesome rest day today! It's nice knowing everything you have taught yourself and done for so long works when you crave healthy food after eating less healthy stuff.

olehcat They're not fancy! I learn most of them through this site, which has TONS of helpful videos, .gif files and instructions for performing various lifts. I hope you're continuing to feel better with less grains/sugar - my roommate is doing something similar just to see if it helps her feel better on a day to day basis.

xiaobaicai I wish TDEE calculators and all those things worked perfectly for everyone! I hope you are having a blast in Daqing and don't get swept into a tomb, hurhurhurhurrrr. I like thinking in terms of kg sometimes but 123.4 and 125 feel so different in lb but are still 56.XXX in kg!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #27  

Alexis : Wait, you prefer running on a threadmill? DREADMILL are the deeeeeath of me! Oh, that sucks for the sushis! At least you had fun, and that is what matter You had a great day, I'm happy to see YOU happy being all back in control and feeling good about it! Oh yeah!!

Jessica : Woah, that is a major water drop! Good job! When is your final WI for your competition? I can't wait to read about your RollerDerby training, it looks so fun (except the falling part for me ) but hitting on people was something I always enjoyed while playing indoor hockey LOL

krampus : Okay, the subway guy, why would he say something like that! And 9:30 is really early to be out there in a girly bridemaids environment LOL For the J Michaels video, I had to take some little 20 sec break to drink water, they don't pause AT ALL for 30 minutes. Hello, hydratation anyone?! Congrats on the WI, you are rocking this lately!

136.4 this morning, which is a 3.4 gain from last Friday. LOL. I hold down to a minimal gain all week despite all the eating out and as soon as I am back on track, MASSIVEOVERNIGHTGAIN. But okay, I really need to poop, I've been waking up early all week and needed to go to the lab instead of working from home and it kinda all screwed up my pooping routine.

I let my sore legs enjoyed their rest day and it was awesome. I have a 10k planned for tomorrow, I'm actually excited to head out and run.

Oh and we also found a place to live for July. It is a smaller place, but really nice and we'll be able to save about 1800$ in rent next year, I hope we can put it on our long time planned Europe Trip

Have a good weekend Feathers!!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Today was the first "off plan" day for me in months, my husband's birthday, and I felt so sick after I have no idea how I ate like that every night before?!?!?!?!

I'm finding the last 5ish pounds to be a nightmare. I don't sleep though (I now bounce between TWO night waking kids, a baby anda toddler). I wonder if that's the problem. Ugh
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

MAJOR NSV yesterday, let's hear it.

1. Stayed perfectly without grains/refined flour/sugar/caffeine yesterday during the day.
2. Felt hit-by-truck tired when I got home. DId NOT want to go out for a run, despite beautiful weather. Had a brief nap (like 5 minutes) and then hauled my lazy butt up and got out the door. Was miserable for first mile or so, but finally got really into it and as usual, was very glad I'd gone out. Did 4 miles with some walking.
3. Went out to eat with friends at a place with BREAD in the title. I knew this was a challenge, so I decided not to let perfect be the enemy of the good and do my best but not just relegate myself to a simple salad because that would make me miserable. I had ONE slice of bread (and it was sitting right in front of me all night). I had a glass of wine. I ordered an onion soup and 2 little crab cakes on salad. I know the crab cakes probably had some inoptimal fillings but again, was not letting perfect be the enemy of the good. It was all satisfying to me, I didn't go over the top like I usually do and say, "OMG I WILL ORDER A PIZZA because I'm treating myself and it's Friday and I'm going out and I'm going to be perfect tomorrow!" I just enjoyed. I didn't order a second glass of wine.

I felt REALLY good about myself after that.

And I lost .2 of a pound instead of gained like I would have if I'd gotten out of control with eating or drinking yesterday. I think I can do this. Now today have to deal with going to my parents' house for dinner, another land mine! Will be sane, will be sane, will be sane...

@Alex - Yep, *high-fives* We CAN do this. And I'll say to you what I'm saying to myself lately. Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. You're doing great with the moderation.

@Jessica - what a great idea, running during lunch at a nearby track with showers! I've always wanted a set up like that. I only have 40 minutes for lunch, though...Am looking forward to hearing about the roller derby stuff!

@Turbo - oh I suffered my first mile yesterday for 4 miles, but I am DETERMINED. As for the problem of the "Dreadmill" as you put it, haha, the one advantage to it is that I can watch stuff on my phone (via netflix) so I can catch up on shows! I'm super excited about that. I think I might have to depending on the weather on Sunday. It's supposed to be rainy and stormy here. And congrats on finding a new place to live!!

@krampus - thank you for that link!!! I will check it out. And people who comment on what you order (the diet pepsi) are rude. Yah.

@sacha -sorry you're not getting enough sleep! I know being tired makes me cranky, hungrier, and more apt to eat off plan. But it sounds like you're doing great as far as overall weight loss!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/145

Here’s to my first posting in this…. I’m a newbie! Turbo, Jessica and Gen, I’m also a francophone but not Canadian . I’m American but lived in France for several years, married a Frenchman, and now I teach HS French, so it the language has become a part of my life. I’ve always wanted to visit Canada though!

I was really looking forward to April as a new, fresh re-start for myself, but of course, I am battling a horrible upper respiratory infection, not fun. And, I allowed myself to buy some ice cream to “sooth” the sore throat... UGH for giving into temptations!

This month has been stressful from the beginning – sickness (my kitty currently has a kidney infection, too!), car troubles, and dealing with immigration (husband is moving here) – all stressful things which I need to keep in check because once I allow myself the “stress binge” then it’s all out the window. I’m trying to replace it with more healthy things – like exercising!

My goal this month is to really focus on “clean” eating, and keep my portions in control, (I tend to allow myself to over eat because I tell myself "it's healthy, I can eat an entire container of hummus and carrots") I also need to find a way to deal with my cravings and hopefully I can get to 160 by the end of the month. Once I am out of the 160 zone, I will feel MUCH much better because I know I can get back to my previous weight. To me, it’s like the threshold of “I can do this” vs “It’s all over, I’m going to gain everything back!” – so yeah, don’t want to allow myself to get back up to this number again!

Anywho, enough about me! Enjoy your weekends!
chahma is offline   Reply With Quote