Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #91  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Ahhhhh FEATHERS!

I have been absent (but lurking) for a long while.

Novagel - CONGRATULATIONS! And ya, [some] people basically see you as the "them" (as in Us vs. Them) once you are no longer overweight. I struggle with this because I love 3FC so much, but a lot of times don't feel welcome or liked anymore.

olehcat - A race!? How exciting!!! 10 mile run!? That is my goal for the week. I ran my all time furthest run ever last week of 8.44 miles. I didn't bring anything with me, I think if I'd have brought my belt and had some water I might have made it further.

xiaobaicai - I don't know if we've "met". HELLO! WOW you have a tiny waist, my goal is 26"! I'm at about 27.5 right now, it's my trouble area for sure. You are a 10 miler too!? You guys are really motivating!

Turbo - I hope the Christening was great!!! You are running super far too. I need to get my butt in here more often because all you are running your @$$e$ off!

Chahma - I don't believe we've met either, HELLO, to you. When I started running I defintiely didn't have a plan, just started, walked when I needed to, until I didn't need to anymore. I was like super WAY bigger too, over 200 lbs, when I started back to running. I over did it at first and sprained my ankle due to over use (and being so over weight I think). Running endurance builds pretty fast, sometimes I think following a program almost hinders progress sometimes; often we can do more than we think.

Alexistrophic - Long time no seeeeeee! Any chance of pics of the new foxy hair!?

Krampus - Where you at? Busy fun-filled weekend!?

I need to get back in here. I have little support from those in the maintenance or just-a-couple-lbs-left camp. I find that I'm getting mentally drained and discouraged from my encounters in the main part of 3FC. I tend to start feeling like a jerk for lamenting my final pounds, but I shouldn't because every single pound is the same as any other pound whether you have 100 to lose or just a few. And the smaller you get the more noticable ever lb is. And the smaller I get the harder it seems to be to eat in a deficit! Arg, I hate it. I loathe feeling hungry at this point. And just to ensure all my complaining is out, I was UP 3 lbs today for NO reason at all, no reason! So irritating. The dumb part is, if I hadn't weighed, I wouldn't have felt any different because I'm not bloated or anything, yet I'm left feeling chubby today because of the scale weight, which is dumb. My ever long battle with daily (multi-daily) weighing. Boo.

Anyway, now that that's all out. I got a TON done this weekend, and I'm ready to kick @$$ this week. Hope you all are great!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #92  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Turbo ~ Four pounds difference in a day? My word that must have been a lot of sodium. Props to you for that super run (even though the wind was against you!) You're winding me just reading about it.
More on the Smash cake. It does seem like a very "American" tradition...
And bf's research sounds fascinating. Sounds like you two compliment eachother in that respect, too. (nutrition + digestive?) How was the christening on Sun?

chalma ~ Glad you're feeling a bit better. Lingering stuffed nose/throat/ears are no fun, though. Sounds like you've made some good eating decisions in the midst of being unwell. Personally, that's always the toughest time for me, mostly b.c I associate food with feeling good.

nova ~ Welcome to the feather thread! As in real life, sometimes people just have to get to know you before they'll listen to advice you have to offer. Even if they ask...

xiao ~ I checked out that "stayfocused" app... HIlarious, but such a good idea... Like a safeblock for adults. Wonder if I'd be more productive if I used it. White chocolate seltzer is just unsweetened flavored seltzer water. I got into it when I was giving up artificial sweeteners. REALLY hits the nail if I'm looking for some kind of filler ingestible (usually while watching TV. ) Plus, for some reason I always associate seltzer with losing weight.

oleh ~ Congrats for sticking with the plan of no eating after 3! And how excitin for your race prep. I read your post on Fri evening and felt all inspired, too. Do you think that the wine is making that big of a difference?

Lockitup ~ Hiiiiiii! Glad you're back!!! Personally, I know that I do so much better when I stay accountable in here. Don't know if it's a cause or effect thing (eating better b.c I'm being accountable OR being accountable b.c I'm eating better) but whatever it is, I know that it starts with coming in here.
Will try to post a pic of the hair once I get home!

~~~

Had a good weekend, food AND fun-wise! Weighed in at 155.6 this AM. Hurray!

Made the yoga class on Friday. Went to a church seminar Sat AM, then bowling + dinner on Saturday night. Then church + errands on Sunday. Monday is my "rest day" but I have extra-curriculars all darn week... Yikes! Or rather.... Oh yay! Enjoying the sun and cool today. Might even hit the real road for a run.

Have a great week, feathers!

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 04-22-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #93  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

How's life in Featherland today? Sorry I've been posting less, it seems pretty boring to be like "Ate pretty well and exercised, went to work, day #4563478534753495347853434534" and I feel like news-wise I don't have a whole lot to say some days! My weekend was OK, BF got too drunk on Friday night so we had to cut plans short and Saturday was 4/20 party which was a really great time but led to tooooooo many munchies + massive blazeover that ate up my whole day yesterday and has continued to today. I feel so dumb and like there's nothing worth being happy about! Laaame. Gotta be less of a pothead.

I did run 5 miles outside yesterday, and tonight is gym and pilates with my roommate followed by another roasted vegetable and protein feast. Our organization's accountant came in and showed me how to do some bookkeeping tasks and I was pleased to find that most of it was stuff I already knew. I think I will survive this transition and I look forward to the first month that bank reconciliation isn't something to be terrified of!

Alexis Nice weigh-in! That's pretty close to your happy weight isn't it? Your weekend sounds really nice and it seems the weather will cooperate this week for running. You're really busy all the time - I am too and I often desperately wish I had a few days to just do ME!

LockItUp POST HERE ALL THE TIME PLEASE, this thread has gotten really small lately. I'm trying to lose a little too and I totally agree, after eating and lifting at maintenance for so long a deficit feels like the end of the goddang world. I've been so short-fused for the past week and I probably only kept up a deficit for half those days!

olehcat 10 miles is so impressive, wow! I've only logged that kind of distance on long all-day hikes and one time when I decided to walk 12 miles and see how long it took (it took 2:54 walking along a main street FYI). I hope you have a good week leading up to your race and I totally think not running much in the days prior is your best bet.

xiaobaicai There's no way you're not shrinking with all that running! I don't have the desire to put in more than about an hour's worth - if I do someday I hope I have the physical ability to pull it off!

novangel I dunno, I was a featherweight when I joined 3FC and this has always been my main subforum. There have been 34576957249 batches of new posters since I joined and they are of course all making the same discoveries as the batch before them.

Turbo How was the christening? Did the priest ask you any strange questions? I had a ton of chips and mac and cheese and sodium-laden stuff I don't normally eat Saturday and the only reason I WI at 124.8 Sunday was that I waited until like 2 PM without eating or drinking anything to weigh myself

chahma Oh boy Administrative Professionals' Day is Wednesday isn't it...good thing my boss has no idea/doesn't celebrate holidays. Running is a really individual thing. I started out with C25K (was unable to jog slowly more than 2 minutes when I started!) and eventually sort of decided to just try and build at my own pace. I have noticed that weightlifting has made me better at running so that's also something to consider!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #94  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

novangel : Welcome!!! Congrats on the 139.0, you must be over the world and have all the right to be!

I do feel the same way as you sometimes concerning the forum. Lately, their was a weird mood going on, tending on the skinny-hating thing... It is unfortunante, in my opinion, losing a single pound is the same for everyone in term of motivation and dedication. There is no difference between someone who has 10 to lose or 300, we're all here for the same things... Although people seem to forget that sometimes I guess

xiao : I do understand the feeling of looking over a great run after your run! When I upload my garmin stats, I always get into the ''F YEAH'' mood LOL. Nop, no Aunt Flo yet I'm trying to get a doctor appointment for sometimes this week!

Olehcat : IIIIH you must be so excited about your race! Enjoy your tapering week! Keep your legs fresh for the big day! You said you are controling your carbs, are you planning to carb load at some point this week?

Lockitup : AHHHH! Hiiiiiii! YES, come back!!! People have been abandoning us a lot lately!

It is not cool, but in a way, I'm kinda happy that I'm not the only one who was feeling weird about some 3FC threads lately... like people getting agressive real quick on some subjects. And especially in the skinny-hating field, as I was saying to novangel.

This makes me think of an article I red on Hellogiggles a few days ago. It was a girl who was writing about a new campain called ''Say no to size 0''. Well, basically, the girl was saying ''Say no to Say no to size 0'', or about to just stop already to categorize based on the weight. I love this part : ''If you’re a “curvy girl” (like me, for example) you might be thinking that this campaign sounds fantastic. I, on the other hand happen to think it’s misguided. This may be an unpopular opinion, but the fact is: If we “Say NO to Size Zero” aren’t we discriminating against skinny chicks? And, if we are, why is that okay?'' It was a great ''Food for thought'' thing.

Alexis : Actually, I am up 2 pounds, which is really not that bad, after the sodium and all the food I had this weekend! I can't complain at all! I red about the smash cake, and yes we do it! LOL But mostly on first birthday The little thing was way to young anyway to enjoy smashing a cake hehe! How was your date??

krampus : Aaaaaah, I should have waited like you before WI this morning, I seriously did not poop for the past 3 day before this morning :P MUNCHIES I love them so much, I totally understood you had to much. Great job on the run! Is the weather better now in NY? Is is starting to warm up here, I guess it is getting nicer around your place too!

Hi ladiiiiiies. 135.4 this morning, but I did not poop for the past 3 days + Tostitos on friday + massive eating the the potluck that followed the Christening yesterday... I was expecting much worse! Anyways, back on track today, had a nice 6k run that included hills training and I went out in capris for the fiiiiirst time. I'm pretty sure I blinded a few people with was Too White to be Real-legs.

The church thingy was okay, there were FOUR babies getting ... Christened? english flaws on my side here, sorry :P, the priest was, to be honest, a BIT WEIRD. He was really hard to understand and at some point, where we were getting at the real part where the kids were having the water on their head, all the kids of the others families in the church went NUTS. It was seriously chaotic LOL. We had a nice little party after though, it was also my cousin/the mommy birthday and I got to see family.

As promised, picture of the cake!

And here's what you was seeing when you were cutting it, I wanted it to look like Napolitaine Ice Cream - chocolate cake layer, vanilla cake layer and raspberrry mousse.

And as a bonus, you get a picture of my ''oh, I'm putting tons of hair in the cleaned sheets and you can't even reach me to get out of here? That is sad''- jackass cat in his new hiding place.

Have a great week, Feathers!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #95  
Stephanie

Holy moley it IS quiet in here!

Alexistrophic - It is nice to be accountable. And to have ladies to chat with in the same place!

Krampus - I started back in a deficit April 1st, I did lose quite a few lbs right out the gate, now the scale is fighting with me. I think I may take a week or two back at maintenance then go back into a deficit again. I have to constantly remind myself it's not a race to lose the last pounds, and I'm pretty happy with myself at this point. The rest of it is fine tuning and basically building muscle and getting a few more lbs of fat off. I just want it all off now, but it's not worth being grumpy all the time over.

Turbo - I want to NOM that cake so bad! Your kitty is so cute, they love to get their dumb fur all over nice clean sheets. Got up to pee last night and stepped in cat puke. Wanted to murder that freaking cat. I have 2, but only the one leaves puke in my walking path. As far as the body stuff, I feel like I just wish people would focus on their own and not worry about everyone else's! If someone wants to be a size 0 it doesn't hurt me any. And if someone wants to be a size 20, I don't really care. I don't understand why people get their panties all in a twist over other people's goals! (P.S. Just noticed the cat in the pic of the cake too LOL, it's like Where's Waldo (you guys have that in Canada right!?)

Last night I was like MAN I just want to have a few drinks and a pint of peanut butter chocolate Haagen Dazs. But I also was all inspired by you gals to run 10 miles. So I posted on facebook for people to choose A or B without knowing what either was. A won, and A was a 10 mile run. And by GOD I went out and ran 10 freaking miles. Took me 1:54:34. Slow, but steady. My knees are sore today, but I feel pretty d@mn good. The scale is still being a mega b!tch though (anyone remember the move Drop Dead Fred??? reference for you therel).

Anyway, I feel fantastic today, positive out look and all that crap. Going to eat a bit more the next few days. I've been feeling a binge coming on, from eating in a deficit I think, and I'd like to avoid that! Think the only way to do so is eat more (controlled!), so I'm not hungry and getting into my ravenous hyena state of mind where I snap and shove all the fooooooods down my throat. I do NOT want to do that. Trying to be reasonable is exhausting.

Hope you all are fantastic too!

Last edited by LockItUp; 04-23-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #96  

Krampus ~ Heyoowww! Always good to see ya, even if there isn't major news. It's so easy to forget what life was like 'before'. 155 is close-R to my "happy" weight, although really "happy" is anything under 150... Slowly, but surely...

Turbo ~ What a CUTE cake!!! Looks AMAZING!!!! And that unicorn is JUST ADORABLE!!!! (And I just checked out that website "hellogiggles"-- new fave. ) Date was a lot of fun! We went bowling (strange w. just two people) and then to a diner. He's a great guy and I look forward to getting to know him better. We have plans for this Sunday. Hurray!

Stephanie ~ Man, bet you're FLYING off that 10 mile run!!! GOOD for you for actually doing it. Omnomnomnom Hagen Daaz.... Hate that "impending binge" feeling, but it definitely sounds like you're taking steps to head it off. How's your fluid intake? Sometimes I find that upping my water consumption helps head off the binge-y feelings too. Just a thought...

~~~

Am weirdly up 2 lbs this morning. No real reason for it, either. I had Hagen Daaz Dulce de Leche last night, but had it on Sunday night, too. Probably aggregate gain? Dunno.

Guess I'm cleanin' it up, foodwise today. Ice cream is all gone. Have naturally fallen back into keeping my cut off and I hope this will be followed by a natural, gradual falling off of the weight.

Not gonna lie: the thought of going on more dates has me wanting to be a bit more conscious of what I'm eating.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:40 PM   #97  
Staying the Same

Hi Feathers,

123.4 this morning after some intense sprint intervals at the gym after a decent poop...feels good to be going down in numbers AND to have energy! I'm having "makeup" dinner with my parents tonight since I was too out of it to do so on Sunday...at Denny's, ha. Their big promotions are called "BACONALIA" aka adding extra bacon to regular menu items. I peeked at the nutrition - how the heck do they get 2000+ grams of sodium into a freaking chicken sandwich?! Oh well.

I got the BEST shoes ever:

Alex Repeat..."no real reason for it." Unless you had like 20 pints of Haagen Daazs that wouldn't account for a gain would it? How are things going with dude?!?!?

Steph 10 miles is impressive! Did you run outside on pavement? I have NO ATTENTION SPAN for such distance. I really admire your grit. Definitely feed yourself today - refeed before you binge! How steep is your deficit these days? I feel INSANE eating less than 1700...

Turbo Cake is way too pretty for my liking, F- would not eat :P Sorry the priest was weird but at least you saw family and had a good time! Christening is totally the right word for it by the way I love the cat photos, please post them every day. It's nicer here, still not "going outside naked" weather but I don't need heavy jackets any more.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #98  
Stephanie

Alexs - I do drink quite a bit, but I've been having a ton of diet soda lately. I should probably drop that and add more water! Dating is definitely good for the waist line! Marriage, not so much LOL!!!

Krampus - Ran outside, yes. I'd never be able to make it that long on the treadmill, way to boring! I run on very busy streets, good for scenery and people watching, plus I feel safe since it's so bright and busy. I had been trying to stay under 1500 calories, at a bit more on workout days. I will eat today! I'm very hungry!!! Love the shoes!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #99  

Lockitup : Funny you mention the cat puke, my boyfriend was in a rush this morning, he had an appointment at the garage and as I was eating my breakfast, I just hear from the kitchen ''Bye babe, gotta run, and by the way the cat puke beside the door, BYYYYE'' (cheerios never tasted better after that...). And the cat in the picture of the cake, LOL! I only saw it while I uploaded it bwahaha. We have Where is Walso but in the french part of the country, Waldo is actually called Charlie

10 MILES! Awesome!!! I'm curious, what would you have done if the people would have voted B? (was B the ice cream?)

Alexis : I'm with Krampus : I think the For no reason part are the key words here. I don't think your little ice cream indulgence is probably not the cause of this, as this is probably not a real gain. I'm so happy to hear everything is going smoothly with the guy! And I think it's probably an evolution thing that we can't get rid of that make us want to look our best for the dating situation We can't escape it! LOL

krampus : LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes! Are you going to go with BACON ON EVERYTHING thing on the menu for tonight? Have fun with your parents!

134.4 this morning, yay. Had a awesome poop and than headed to the gym where I had a not the best in the world session. I was just feeling BLAH and was lacking energy. My lifting session was great in general, I improved rep or weight but I failed to increased the weight on my DB stability ball press (wanted to go from 20 lbs to 25 lbs) and I was just NOT able to lift the 25... So I took back my 20 and I failed my last set. It was a downer but I guess that there are days like that! I also did only 15 min on ellptical and 15 min on the bike as I have a 5k and an 11k planned for the next 2 days.

Calories are in control, maybe a bit too in control. I'm kinda messed up, I say I want to maintain, but as soon as I see the scale going up, I go back to eating to a deficit... I'm kinda stuck in a circle. I'm a bit scared I'm not eating enough but I am also terrified to regain. BLAH. Getting at goal is harder than I though
Old 04-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #100  
Stephanie

Turbo - My husband always "didn't see" the cat puke, ya right! Sounds like you had a great workout! Ug, I haven't had an awesome poop in forever! Hate that. I don't even wanna talk about the scale today!!!

Man! It is soooo quiet in here! I don't have much to report except that the scale is mean and I'm pouty today.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #101  
Staying the Same

Great WI (123.0) but I feel like a sad sack of SH!T. Dunno if it's 4/20 residual blazeover or being at a caloric deficit or what but I wound up in tears for god knows why last night and woke up feeling not much happier than the night before. BF and I are going for a run at lunch because the high today is supposed to be 73 F and dammit that's too perfect not to take advantage.

LockItUp Waaaahhh stupid scale. Did you have a refeed? I totally understand your frustration; it's so dumb that featherweights care so much about some LED numbers on a display! I feel like I'm 20 lbs lighter at 123.0 than 124.6 - how does that work?!

Turbo Maintenance is hard. I did it accidentally I think for so many months - it worked itself out but HERE I AM trying to lose again. I'm sure if I got a perfect body I'd find something else to feel dissatisfied about. Sorry your weights workout wasn't amazing yesterday - I hate those days so much. I didn't get BACON EVERYTHING at dinner but I did take a picture of the menu:

Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #102  

Turbo ~ lol - an evolution thing... Like peacocks, really. Definitely not discounting that element in here. Good for you for GOING to the gym, even though you didn't feel like it. Even a crappy session is still pretty good.

Krampus ~ Those is some rockin shoes, lady! Is it wrong that the bacon brownie looks strangely appealing? What'd you end up ordering? The dude is very dude-like. So far, so good. I keep forgetting that I've only known him for like two weeks...

Stephanie ~ Oh, the diet soda... I used to be a 3-4 can a day kinda girl, but since giving it up for Lent, I just never went back. Replaced it with plain seltzer and am feeling better for it. I've heard that the carbonation still leaches the calcium from your bones, but at least there's no phosphoric acid or weird chemicals.

~~~
Ugh. Still at 157 this morning. This time it was absolutely my own sweet fault, I know. I ate a ton, and late at night. Had a boat load of dates (my weakness) and muenster cheese and this noodle concoction that my mom made.

This could be the start of my doom loop. I get frustrated and then saying "F-it, I'll eat crap." Gotta remember that crap doesn't feel good. Last week I think I managed to break the cycle by treating myself to some pretty underthings. They cost about as much as I would have spent on junk food and darn if it didn't help me treat myself better and remember not to eat crap. I say to myself: "Self, you're better than crap."

Happy hump day, ladies.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #103  

RAAAAAH I wrote a whole big things with huge personals and 3FC ATE MY POST.

Here's a sum up because I'm not feeling like writing everything again because I'm lazy :P

Lockitup : Sorry the scale was mean to you If it helps, I wish you an awesome future poop!

krampus : Sorry you did not feel all 100% today. Hope the run in the sun help everything! And really, bacon mac & cheese bite? What kind of sorcery is this, I would eat the whole d*mn thing!

alexis : Ahhh, hold on, stay strong facing this doom loop (really love the name doom loop by the way! lol). It's hard to just stay focus when the scale is up and you get all ''whatever, might at least eat everything I want''. But once this feeling is gone, there's not much left though

Up to 134.8 today for no real reason. I ate around 1600 cal yesterday, maybe 1700 if I count the spoons I licked while baking a dessert :P Oh well. I'm really trying not to freak out with fluctuations. But my body really likes this 134's number, everytime I drop in the 133, I jump back to 134 a few days after.

I had a great but hard at the same time run this afternoon. Wearing black short and dark blue tshirt in the sun when it's 72F outside : not the best idea ever. Anyway, still managed my 5k in 29'19'', really happy about it.

I found a bunch of old pictures in a folder on my computer that I thought were lost after my computer got sick last year. I never really got to compared now-self to past-self, thinking I had no picture anymore of that time. it's nice to take a step back and see the long term results after having a few MEEEH-days. Still have the little pooch under the belly bottom that annoys the crap out of me, but I really like my new figure in general

Have a great day feathers!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #104  

(((((Turbo))))))
You Look FANTASTIC!!!! You looked normal and lovely before (really, how many people would kill for your 'before pics') but now you look so focused and petite. Sylph-like and lithe. I've said it before and I say it again: you're my inspiration, girl.

~~~
Stuck late at the office. My penance for coming in late. Blasting Bruckner's 8th Symphony just because I can. Also eating honey wheat pretzels from the snack corner, but planning to work 'em off with a run later on.

It's pizza and Eastenders night at our house. Yum!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #105  
Staying the Same

I took advantage of Administrative Professionals' Day today and left work at 2 PM for a 5 mile walk with the BF (we ran 2 1/2 miles or so at lunch and had sandwiches). It's sooo nice out - really don't regret using those 3 hours of personal time off.

Right now I'm eating a big veggie roast my roommate made with a chopped up turkey burger, homemade peanut sauce AND Greek yogurt on top. Then we're going to a bar to watch our friend who is a firefighter try to eat a 4 pound cheeseburger. HAH.

Turbo
you're looking MIGHTY FINE! I had that same camera for a long time! As for the underbelly thing I think everyone who is female and not like 10% body fat has it. You look great!

Alex Hope you're let out of the office soon! Sorry you got stuck there late. I think pizza and Eastenders sounds awesome. If you've been feeling crappy - doom loop doesn't need to happen! You're so much better than crap. Dried fruit is so triggery...