Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 135/129/118

Height: 5'4"

Chickie- I literally laughed out loud at your post. Hahaha...but seriously a Cheese-it addiction is something not to be taken lightly so I am proud that you have disposed of them.

AmyAmy- Welcome! We are very friendly and supportive. Portion control is hard (see my previous post about candy), but I love your attitude about being healthy today. It really is one day at a time.

Turbo- awesome pictures. So pretty and I am sure you burned enough calories on your hike to offset the breakfast. The border patrol guy sounds like a jerk. Even though I know everything in my car is 100% legit I always get freaked out- like DO I illegal fruit in my car? I didn't think so, but now that they are asking me a million questions...

Joss- i understand the whole hubby and killing your diet. In all fairness I don't think it is my BF who kills my diet, but me feeling like its " fun happy time" and since we only get to see each other for such a short period of time the last thing I want to do is worry about what I am eating. We usually go out to eat, I drink more, etc. I get the diet thing, but I would love to be in the same place as my BF. I think it would be better for my diet and my mind.

Speaking of seeing my BF and wrecking my diet I am heading to Denver this weekend I can't wait. We thought we were going to have to go three months in between visits but a few weeks ago there was a "flight special". Nothing is that cheap out of Alaska, but it is worth it. Yay!
fresh15again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #92  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I am the heaviest I've been in months this morning! GREAT! Tonight is ANOTHER BIRTHDAY PARTY for my roommate's 27th tonight. My boyfriend made her a pie. Weekend was: 2 birthday parties, 1 hungover Chinese dim sum feast, dinner out with my parents, surprise TOM/PMS hitting all at once, a potluck, shoveling cold pasta into my face right before bed, hunggghhhhhhhhhhh. I'm so happy the weekend is over..........
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #93  

Height: 5'4

Krampus - Water weight, or a bit too much indulging lately? I definitely overdid it, and now I'm at the point where I (mentally) need to do something a bit more drastic... so I think I'm going to get a copy of Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0 and do that for the next 5-6 weeks.

Fresh15Again - LOL actually, the way you describe it is EXACTLY how it happens for me as well... it's ME being a bad influence, not him!

Chickie - Good for you! I would not have been able to throw them out yesterday... haha

AmyAmy - We all seem to be having some issues lately, so you aren't alone by any means! Welcome to the chat!

Turbo - I know... I feel super behind too! Your pictures from the weekend look like a lot of fun! I'm so glad your foot feels okay. I haven't done any running lately so mine feels okay, but I look like crap... haha

Leila - Nope, I was not AT ALL on track like I had hoped. Or the day after (yesterday)... yikes! Today is a new day and I am so sick of feeling unhappy with my body that I'm going to stop being a dork and really do something about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the super quick check in, but I don't have much time right now. I will do better later this evening!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #94  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

ChickieChicks – Your posts always crack me up! Cheez-its are like crack. I saw a meme once that had a little hamster and it said “In queso emergency, I pray to Cheez-its” LOL! Glad your shoot went well!

Fresh15again – NROLFW = New Rules of Lifting for Women. I definitely suggest giving it a try!!! I absolutely HATE fun sized candies. I will eat what probably ends up being the equivalent of 3 or 4 full sized candy bars but since they’re small it doesn’t seem as bad. Totally evil!!! I definitely won’t be buying Halloween candy until the day of Halloween, I can’t have it in the house. My DH can be a diet killer too even though he is pretty good most of the time, and is super healthy. If I say “ug I don’t want to cook” he will say “ok let’s get pizza”, not cool man, not cool.

LeilaJey – Thanks for that link!

TurboMammoth – LOVE all of your pics! Gorgeous! You and the view!

AmyAmy – Welcome! Seems like the binges have been going around lately!

JossFit – I’ve considered doing that Lyle McDonald plan too!

Krampus – I’m sure those extra lbs will come off with a few days back on track!

Considering waiting to start the NROLFW program until November. I really want to get another chunk of weight off before I start it. I’ve still been doing pretty low cal, and I think I need a different plan to get me through the next 5 to 8 pounds, because I’m cranky as F***. I know, I know, eat more, makes sense. But when I try and do it, I feel terribly guilty since I really have been dropping lbs rather quickly. Maybe I will try that Lyle diet Joss mentioned. I feel like going into the holidays and still trying to lose weight is extremely frightening. I have a terrible time with moderation. I’m in a weird place right now!

Last edited by LockItUp; 10-09-2012 at 01:58 PM.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Sorry no patience for personals right now. Been rough the last few days. Still stuck at 155 but that's so partly lack of effort! I need to get more active! Last night I just buckled, too, all would have been OK if I had been staying at home I think, but a couple of my friends wanted to hang out and one I rarely see. At which point I decided, screw this, I am HUNGRY and I am going to eat!

I didn't have some huge binge, thankfully I am not the binge type, but I am so close to just giving up on this whole calorie counting thing and going back to eating whatever I want. But I can't do that until I start exercising more!

And now fall has hit... HARD. It's been cloudy and rainy the past few days and COLD (well, cold to me. Cool to most) and it has completely screwed with my body. I set my alarm for 10 today and didn't have the energy to get up until 1. This will not be good tomorrow when I have to be out of the house at 9! UGH. I guess this is my body telling me it's time to start tanning season... I've not been tanning often all summer (which usually happens) but now I don't think I can function with my current work and sleep schedule without some good old UV therapy.

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
JossFit Ė Iíve considered doing that Lyle McDonald plan too!

Considering waiting to start the NROLFW program until November. I really want to get another chunk of weight off before I start it. Iíve still been doing pretty low cal, and I think I need a different plan to get me through the next 5 to 8 pounds, because Iím cranky as F***. I know, I know, eat more, makes sense. But when I try and do it, I feel terribly guilty since I really have been dropping lbs rather quickly. Maybe I will try that Lyle diet Joss mentioned. I feel like going into the holidays and still trying to lose weight is extremely frightening. I have a terrible time with moderation. Iím in a weird place right now!

I actually decided to go for the Rapid Fat Loss Program instead (also by Lyle McDonald) and am setting up my program now. Because of the bodyfat percentage I have I'm not really cutting calories all that drastically (Nothing like sub 1000 calories per day). I'll be doing 12 days on with a 2 day refeed, and repeating that twice so that it ends the day before my photo shoot. I'll start it this Sunday, which gives me time to use the fruit and dairy I have at home in the fridge before then.

Hardcore? Maybe... but it's not so hard that I can't do it for a few weeks. UD 2.0 looked super interesting but have you looked at the program in detail? It's so structured it even lines out specific exercises/reps/sets and TIMES to eat your meals. With my work schedule I don't know that I can make that happen, plus it has some of the huge carb ups on week days, and I can't really pack up that much food to take to work. With me doing 12 and 2 day cycles of RFL, I have the carb-up days on non-consecutive weekends. Much easier that way!

I have a hard time with moderation too, and something like this is a challenge for me and motivating at the same time. Maybe it could work for you too!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #97  
Stephanie

Joss - I hadn't read it in detail and in fact thought you were talking about the Rapid Fat Loss plan, I didn't know he had a newer one. The UD 2.0 does sound a little much! I only work 20 hours a week, but between that and the kids, I would definitely have a hard time with eating on a specific schedule!

Kakers - Sounds like you definitely need a little pick-me-up! Hope the tanning does it for you!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #98  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

LockItUp I've felt guilty like that too, sometimes when I'm full (even when it's full of vegetables) I feel guilty. It's a funny one alright. I know you're eating low calorie but what exactly are you eating? Maybe eat some more every second day? I have a hard time with moderation too and I'm not looking forward to the Holidays food wise at all.

Joss I'm glad you've found a programme to follow for the next few weeks, that's great. Today is a new day indeed.

kakers This time of year is tough! I hope the tanning works for you, and no need to be so hard on yourself - going out with friends to eat happens and it's good, you should enjoy it. Good luck tomorrow!

krampus Have fun tonight! That's a whole bunch of stuff screwing with your weight right there, sure you know yourself, water weight yadda yadda. Hope you're doing ok anyway.

fresh15 That's great that you get to see your hubby so soon

chickie Yeah, throw those bad boys away! I had to dump some stuff yesterday too. It's not worth torturing ourselves. Feel better soon!

Turbo I absolutely love the photos! My heart melted at the first one of the Autumn trees.. so lovely. I'm really happy your foot behaved but not that you forgot your tiara.. maybe you can photoshop one on and some really tacky princess effects. Well that's what I'd do

The compression leggings feel amazing, great support for my big ***.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't have much of an appetite today (!!!!), generally feeling a bit ****. I couldn't sleep last night and started crying. Lay down on the couch and was awake until 6am.. eugh. So feeling a bit delicate today. Waaa waa wa.. anyway, moving on. I'm going to be away from Thursday to Monday and that's including some partying and food temptations.. this time I'd like to stay in the 130s. Dear brain, you do not need to eat everything.

Got some nice black skinny jeans but I'm trying to stretch them out a bit. If anybody could see me lunging around my kitchen.. well.. hmm..
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #99  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Leila- Lunge it, girl! Lol I do that, too. Doesn't everyone? sorry about that nasty insomnia...yikes!! Do you suffer from anxiety? I take sleep medication because I just can that my brain off. I've worked my way down to 1/4 my dose, because even though it is my crutch, I friggin' sleep and that is all that matters to me! The worst diet side effect of o sleep for me is tending to be extra hungry. It's like my body is desperately searching for energy, so I eat. Working on my sleep stuff has really helped my weight loss. Hugs!

Krampus- hugs to you, too. Our Featherweights have ups and downs together, eh? is it bloating or those awesome cakes? You had A LOT of awesome functions! That's is life and you know you will get right back t o your comfort zone. It doesn't feel great today, but it will.

Kakers- yeesh! The feathers can't catch a break this week!

Fresh15- lol I aim to please...or at least entertain. My cheesy cracker drama is quite silly. Thank goodness those little devils are gone! Yea for you seeing your bf sooner and cheaper flights. Gotta do whatever you can to take advantage of those opportunities. Have fun!!!

Joss- that I'd a hardcore, but interesting plan. I keep thinking I will go all gung-ho, but I never do. I just haven't been ale to reproduce the strictness that led me to drop all the weight. Ditto to LockItUp about ot beeping able to adhere to an overly strict timeline. Having a set menu would be okay...challenging, but okay. I could not ever have a set schedule. The stress of it alone would eat me alive.

LockItUp- yes! I struggled with eating more, too, last year. It is that odd mix of guilt vs. hunger. But I sucked it up and added about 200 cals a month for three ninths, until I hit my maintenance level. During that time, I went from 144 to 128, increasing my cals the whole time! So it really is possible. Just hard mentally!

My lungs are straight up biotches, but I rebelled today. Hubby and I walked a but on the Alantic boardwalk, which was nice. Still felt crappy all day, but sitting around wasn't exactly helping. My oldest had his first test in Karate tonight. He passed and got a new belt color. He was sooooooooooooo proud and adorable! we weren't allowed to stay, so I trekked to the gym to kill some time. I did an excruciating three mile jog/walk. It was pretty pathetic, but my lungs didn't explode, so YEA! hoping to hit up yoga tomorrow at the least.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #100  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

GOOD MORNING Feathers, I bounced down 1.8 lbs overnight to under 126 again. Funny what one day of only mildly stuffing myself with sweets instead of insanely stuffing myself with sweets will do!

The bday bonfire for my roommate was a huge success. I got her a new melodica and a surprise Skype chat with our friends in England. My bf hosted the bonfire at his place since it sits next to the river. Everyone in our friend circle came and it was really nice to sit around a fire before it's too cold. My friend Shannon brought cupcakes - sweet potato pecan chocolate chip with marshmallow frosting, nnnggffff, they were great. My bf baked her a pumpkin pie and another friend brought pumpkin cookies. Needless to say, come today I'm SO OVER orange/brown flavored baked goods.

I went to the gym twice yesterday and will go again tonight. My firefighter friend who belongs to the same gym is back from Arizona - he's really really fit and into MMA and boxing so maybe I'll grow a pair and try that?! For lunch I have a Tupperware full of chicken, dumplings, and veggies with peanut/sesame/chili sauce. mmmmm.

In less than 4 weeks I'll be in LONDON!!!!! ahhh!!!!!!

ChickieChicks Congratulations on not dying. What's going on with your lungs?! Is it pneumonia?! Also big congrats to your youngest on his new belt! It was decidedly potluck/cakes/beer/everything else and not bloat - TOM has almost no effect on me; this month I didn't even get cramps!

LeilaJey I'm sorry you had a rough night! I hate the feeling of not being able to fall asleep. It always makes me feel like I'm alone in the world. Jet lag returning to the USA from Asia is the WORST for that. I hope you have a fun weekend away, where are you going?

JossFit Wishing you the best with the Rapid Fat Loss program - it is SO HARD with long distance relationships/marriages because being together is like a vacation. I hope you feel all right after his departure. You look incredible in those pictures - it blows my mind to bits that you are only ten pounds lighter than me. Just goes to show what lean mass versus squishy mass looks like!

kakers It's hard to stay on track sometimes, especially when you're not being instantly rewarded with visible progress on the scale. The earlier sunsets etc are affecting me too - but I hate being tan and am obsessed with looking young so tanning is not an option for me!

LockItUp Stop it, don't feel guilty about needing to EAT! Eat more and start NROL4W today or tomorrow - everything everybody says about lifting = magic is true!

fresh15again Enjoy Denver! One of my good friends went there for a week to visit friends he met via online gaming and almost didn't come home he was so enamored with the city and area.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #101  
Stephanie

Leila - Hope you are feeling better today! But lol @ lunging around your kitchen, I've definitely done that! I've never done deeper squats than when I'm trying to stretch out some jeans.

Chickie - YAY for your little one getting a new belt color! That's so cool!!! Hope your lungs are better today!

Krampus - Still lifting for sure! Just may not start the NROL program yet. I love lifting, and do try to eat more around my workouts so they don't suck! London!? That's so exciting. I want to go there so bad!

Started the Rapid Fat Loss plan today. Since I'm only a couple hours in I'm doing great! LOL! Although I had a hard time with breakfast. I made too many egg whites and could not gag them all down. I have issues with egg texture, I usually have eggs on toast, but this is a low carb plan so no toast. I will not make as many tomorrow!!! ALSO my DH had a bottle of Cod Liver Oil he hadn't opened yet, so I didn't have to buy fish oil tabs, but my dear GOD it is gross! It's lemon flavored, but that really doesn't make it any better. Don't know if I can take the straight oil again! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!

My weight was UP again today despite being totally on plan and low cal yesterday (and the day before and so on), so hoping this plan will whoosh me down.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by LockItUp; 10-10-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #102  

LockItUp - LOL you are HARDCORE taking lemon flavored Cod Liver oil like that! haha I'm going to start on Sunday (as you know) and will definitely be stocking up on fish oil caps beforehand. I'm also going to get some more miracle noodles to help bulk up my dinners and I figure I can use them with chicken broth to make soups as well. (People are going to think we're in a cult!)
I've been looking up recipes to help me from getting too bored with it and putting together meal plans. It's pretty easy to make protein pancakes/microwaved souffles with egg whites and protein powder, so I'll be doing a lot of that as well as regular egg whites for breakfast. I actually eat egg whites all the time so that's easy for me. I'm sorry you have issues with the texture!
Honestly this isn't much different from how I eat now so I don't think it will be hard to do. The issue for me will be making sure to plan my refeed days out just like my other days so that I hit my macros.

Krampus - That does sound like a lot of baked goods, but all delicious I bet! After this past weekend I'm definitely not 10 pounds lighter than you, but you are right... weight training makes a huge difference. I'm sure with all that time you're putting in at the gym you'll be reaping the benefits in no time. Heck, you already are!

What are you headed to London for?

Yeah, it does always feel like a vacation when we see each other. He even said the other day "We're all into fitness and working out now, but watch; you'll move to Colorado and we'll become fat-asses". I assured him that we won't keep going bat-$hit like that when we see each other everyday and are in our routine. I am glad to have this stretch of time to get myself together and lose a few pounds though... I miss seeing him all the time, but he's right... we overdo it!

Chickie - I suppose it is pretty hardcore to do the RFL plan, but it's not a huge departure from my normal menu. I do love my oats for breakfast, and fruit after my workouts, but aside from that stuff it's pretty similar. Really I'm just replacing peanut butter and other fats with fish oil and cutting out all the little 'extras'. I'll still be eating a decent amount of veggies and getting in all my EFAs. Besides, for me (it's broken up into 3 categories) being a 'Category 1' it will only last 12 days and then I get a 2 day re-feed. After that, I'll repeat the cycle one more time for a total of 4 weeks.

That is great news that your son did so well at Karate! Why weren't you allowed to stay though? Did you not get to see him get his new belt?

Good luck at yoga tonight!

Leila - Yeah, you know... I'm not normally into "programs" like this, but I think that having the guidance will help me out and give me something to put my faith in. I tend to overthink things a lot, and that's not good when it comes to dieting and working out at times. I go along with something for a bit and then I second guess that approach and change my method and it just ends up keeping me right where I'm at. This program doesn't say what to eat and all that, but it does give you the science and explain the basics and you just go from there. LockItUp started it today, and I'm excited to see how it goes for her. We are in different categories so therefore our programs are pretty different.

I'm sorry you had a hard time sleeping! That is the WORST. I also slept rather fitfully and it's just a crappy way to start off the day.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Height: 5'4"

I read all the posts I missed, but I'm going to skip out on personals today. Mostly, I just wanted to check in and tell you guys about my 5k on Monday. It went really well, I finished in 27:08 and was 53rd out of 169 (and 12 out of 69 in the 20-39 female category). My dad did well too, considering his leg. He finished in 31:31, and he felt fine afterwards, so I think that we both got what we were hoping for out of it. He did make sure to tell me that once he gets on the mend and is running all the time, he'll beat me, no problem. He was going on and on about how 20 years ago, he'd run these things in like 18 minutes. You know, I don't really love running, but I do take it as a personal challenge to improve on it and do another race with him again, so that we can have a bit of fun competition. I was surprised though, there was like a 4 minute difference between the top male and the top female. I never thought that males would outperform females so much at an endurance sport. I figured they had a natural advantage with strength, but endurance it wouldn't matter.

Anyways, aside from all that, I was totally off plan the entire long weekend and ate everything I wanted to. I actually don't feel so bad about it, knowing there is nothing really to get in my way in the next 2 months, and I am confident if I buckle down, I can get to my goal weight by then. It was a nice break from it all, after being at this weight loss thing for 8 months, I really feel like I needed the break to collect myself and get ready for the last stretch of weight loss.

I'm not sure how much I'll be around over the next week and a half. I have a deadline looming at work, and I've been taking my work home and sacrificing sleep to try to meet it. I'm working on developing an iPad application, and my boss is taking it to Germany to demo it, so once he gets on the plane, I really can't push the deadline any further. The whole thought that he's going all the way to Europe to demo the thing just makes me more anxious about it, even though I know it's only a beta version and doesn't have to be perfect.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #104  
Stephanie

Joss - Where do you get the miracle noodles? I've looked at 2 stores now and haven't found them! I have to just make boring quick stuff cuz then I still have to cook a whole meal for the husband and kids since my schedule works out that way -- just too lazy to get creative. I bought a ton of chicken, some lean ground turkey, a lot of eggs (now wondering what else easy I can do with them so I don't vomit), and I have protein powder as a back up, as well as cottage cheese (even though that makes me gag too) and some plain 0% chobani. (Wow, sounding more and more cultish every key stroke.)

Jessica - Great job on the 5k! Sometimes a break really is needed!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #105  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm gonna skip the personnals for today two, I'm feeling like BLAAAAH, feel like I'm starting a cold or something and just feeling like sh*t in general, staying at home, looking for job. BOOOOH.

Hope you're having a great day!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote