Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #106  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Joss - Where do you get the miracle noodles? I've looked at 2 stores now and haven't found them! I have to just make boring quick stuff cuz then I still have to cook a whole meal for the husband and kids since my schedule works out that way -- just too lazy to get creative. I bought a ton of chicken, some lean ground turkey, a lot of eggs (now wondering what else easy I can do with them so I don't vomit), and I have protein powder as a back up, as well as cottage cheese (even though that makes me gag too) and some plain 0% chobani. (Wow, sounding more and more cultish every key stroke.)

Jessica - Great job on the 5k! Sometimes a break really is needed!!!
I get them at Apple Crate, which is a local health food store, but I've ordered them off of Amazon as well. LOL, I actually just went and stocked up so that I have enough to use one package a day for the first 12 day cycle! I also grabbed some miso paste so that I can make miso soup with noodles and chicken/shrimp for some of my meals.

For egg whites, you can scramble them obviously, but I also like to eat them in protein pancakes and microwave souffles. You can mix them with a scoop of protein powder, sweetener and cinnamon (or whatever flavor you like... I have lots of extracts on hand) and either put the mixture in a pan and cook that way (as a pancake) or put it in a bowl in the microwave and cook that way. It will puff up like a souffle and form a nice little crust on top.

Lyle does recommend some dairy, but I would keep the cottage cheese and yogurt to one serving a day... it adds extra carbs. I know he says veggies and such are 'free' but I'm counting mine anyway, lest they start to add up to too much. I'll be using a ton of egg whites, chicken, tilapia and shrimp for my protein sources. I'll also add in whey protein after my workouts and on the days I make pancakes with it, as well as a serving of either cottage cheese or greek yogurt each day. I figure with all that variety it will be hard to get bored.

Jessica - Congrats on the 5k! I'm glad that you and your dad did so well and had a great time. I was also eating everthing in sight this weekend with my husband in town and am also free and clear of social events to get back on track. I'm weirdly excited about it! haha

Turbo - I'm sorry you're feeling blah... I've had those days recently myself. Good luck with the job search!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #107  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Joss - I will have to order some off Amazon! I'll have to try that souffle thing, that sounds good! I also am counting the carbs from veg and weighing everything, and I'm still logging everything in myfitnesspal actually. I am doing 2 servings of FF cheese, and still haven't decided on how often I will have yogurt or cottage cheese, maybe once every other day (didn't end up with any today). I'm taking a calcium supplement so I feel pretty safe doing so. I have everything for the day logged already and I ended up at: 716 cal, 119 pro, 19 (net) carbs, 16 fat. Pretty good! I ended up eating in the "aerobic" range today. Needed that extra 20 g protein!

Last edited by LockItUp; 10-10-2012 at 06:59 PM.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Joss - I will have to order some off Amazon! I'll have to try that souffle thing, that sounds good! I also am counting the carbs from veg and weighing everything, and I'm still logging everything in myfitnesspal actually. I am doing 2 servings of FF cheese, and still haven't decided on how often I will have yogurt or cottage cheese, maybe once every other day (didn't end up with any today). I'm taking a calcium supplement so I feel pretty safe doing so. I have everything for the day logged already and I ended up at: 716 cal, 119 pro, 19 (net) carbs, 16 fat. Pretty good! I ended up eating in the "aerobic" range today. Needed that extra 20 g protein!
That whole 'category' thing makes such a difference! Cutting down to as little 'extras' as I can I am still at about 1000 calories. I eat 720 in protein alone, not to mention the 10 fish oil!

I tell you what, those noodles are going to be a lifesaver for me so I definitely recommend them. I also plan on using powdered glucomannan (what the noodles are made from) to add bulk to some other recipes as well. I figure I can add a bit of it to a mixture of protein powder, cottage cheese and water to make a fluffy mousse. Good thing I have so much practice with this sort of thing!

Now I'm just crossing my fingers it will work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, with my weird foot thing going on I'm going to have to opt out of the Tough Mudder. I'm disappointed for sure, but on top of that they won't give me a refund! Dang! That was $155 to register. Way to add insult to my injury, huh?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #109  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Yoga AND Zumba friday. Pooped! No migraine so far, but exhausted.

Hello to everyone! Sounds like LockItUp and Joss are starting on a new adventure together. How awesome to be ablet compare notes and good finds.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days, got sooo sick - and had to do thanksgiving festivities. I haven't been on the scale in like 2 weeks, I need to go this week.

I have an interview next week with a nursing prof for an research assistant position I'm pretty excited about.

Turbo - Sorry you're feeling crappy, I hope your cold doesn't last too long.

Joss - I'm glad you're back on track with a new plan! I'm going to goole it.

Krampus - You're life is so fun! I'm jealous :P what is this London trip?

Jessica - Congrats on the 5K!!!

Leila - Sorry you're having trouble sleeping, that really sucks I hope you get back on track with your eating too - 130's seems like a good weight for your height.

Lockitup - Congrats on starting the new plan!! You totally sound hardcore, good luck with that

Chickiechicks - So much exercise!!! Way to go, you must be feeling better?

Kakers- Sorry you're having a tough time with the cold weather, hope you adjust soon
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #111  
Stephanie

Joss - Can't say that I'm feeling great today. But after breakfast (ground turkey and egg whites with ff cheese and salsa) and vitamins I feel better. Scale went from 157 yesterday (which was up) to 155.4 today (lowest yet!). Gotta love the water weight drop! Seeing the scale move makes it not seem so bad.

Chickie - YAY for no migraine!!!

Lisa - Good luck with your interview! I hope you are feeling better.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #112  

Chickie - It was the GOOD kind of exhausted though, right? Lately I just feel exhausted! LOL it takes me SO LONG to really get back into the swing of things after I overdo it with the eating/drinking stuff.

Yeah, Stephanie and I got to chatting in PMs about doing RFL (more info on www.body-recomposition.com if you are curious) and she decided to start right away. I am starting on Sunday so that I can get set up properly for it. I'm a bit OCD and if I'm going to do it I want to make sure I'm doing it EXACTLY the way Lyle McDonald writes it out to include vitamins/supplements, etc. I also had/have some fresh foods in the house that I want to eat before I start.

Lisa - That IS exciting about your interview! I'm sure you'll do great, but best of luck to you anyway!

Did you end up Google'ing the plan? It seems pretty intimidating, and to be honest I've never done a "fad/crash" diet before, but I believe in Lyle McDonald and as long as I follow it as written I think it should be successful. I am planning everything ahead of time so that my refeed days are structured properly (not crazy binges) and that I have an easy transition out of it.

LockItUp - What supplements/vitamins are you taking? In addition to my fish oil, multivitamin and calcium (which I take anyway) I'll be doing the E/C stack that he recommends. I think that will help me with appetite supression... that's the hope anyway.

I saw your little whoosh over in the daily weigh-in thread... that's awesome! I think I will actually just do the whole 12 days THEN check my weight before my 2 day re-feed and beginning my second cycle. I'll check again after the second 12 days and see what's what. I'm not so concerned about scale weight as I am body composition. After all, I did say I was going to stay off the scale for a while right?
Old 10-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #113  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post

LockItUp - What supplements/vitamins are you taking? In addition to my fish oil, multivitamin and calcium (which I take anyway) I'll be doing the E/C stack that he recommends. I think that will help me with appetite supression... that's the hope anyway.

I saw your little whoosh over in the daily weigh-in thread... that's awesome! I think I will actually just do the whole 12 days THEN check my weight before my 2 day re-feed and beginning my second cycle. I'll check again after the second 12 days and see what's what. I'm not so concerned about scale weight as I am body composition. After all, I did say I was going to stay off the scale for a while right?
I'm taking magnesium and potassium on top of a multi and fish oil. I'm considering the EC stack, I've used it off and on over the years, and I've definitely found it helps with appetite for sure. It can make me a little edgy though, so I'm kind of holding off to see if I feel better in a couple days; I'm already a little edgy from the carb/sugar withdrawal. I was excited to see that he recommended it, I've always like it! Now I'm thinking maybe I'll just go get some today just in case I decided I do want to use it.

I think it's probably a good idea to stay off the scale, I wish I could, I can't stand to not know. You did say you would stay away from it! The only experience I've every had with not weighing is when I'm gaining. It's kind of a fear that if I don't weigh that I'll start eating like crazy and gain a ton of weight and be in denial about it.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #114  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi Feathers,

I'm thinking of putting on my "diet hat" for 3 1/2 weeks leading up to my London trip and focus on creating a caloric deficit. WI was 124.8 this morning and I would be overjoyed to see 122.anything on the scale before I leave on my trip. I know I am going to be eating and drinking heartily for that whole week, so I want to shrink as much as possible. Advice and support is welcome!

My BF rejoined my gym and we went together last night. I'm really sore from doing Arnold presses two days ago with 20# dumbbells (that's sad) and KB swings and squats and lots of dip station leg raises. NSV ALERT, I noticed in the mirror today that my obliques stick out a tiny bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Work is so hectic right now. I will be SO RELIEVED when the conference is over. At least it's fall! On Monday we went to a farm and did every conceivable fun fall activity, including petting a baby cow!!!

JossFit I can't believe you can't get your money back from the Tough Mudder. That's extortion, plain and simple. That must be how they make all their money - hoping race participants will injure themselves training and back out, huh?

LockItUp CONGRATS on the new low!!!

LisaTcan Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving! London is just a week trip to visit friends. I am going via YYZ airport on my way other there...heyooo!

ChickieChicks Yoga and Zumba Friday? Or yesterday? Hope the migraine never came.

TurboMammoth I'm sorry you aren't feeling well...today is sunnier than it has been, maybe that will shine some light on your moods? You'd better not be getting sick!

JessicaB That's a really good race time! Congratulations! I'm really glad you are able to continue running races with your dad as a bonding activity. My dad is obese and can't/won't exercise these days but he really enjoys talking about weightlifting with me. I am encouraging him to join a free-ish gym through his doctor's office.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #115  

My name is Jocelyn, and I'm a gum addict. It's time I stop chewing so much gum, so I've decided when I run out, that is it... I'm done! Doing this while simultaneously starting RFL may not be the best idea but I'm doing it anyway... haha
Old 10-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post

JossFit I can't believe you can't get your money back from the Tough Mudder. That's extortion, plain and simple. That must be how they make all their money - hoping race participants will injure themselves training and back out, huh?
I don't know who is cuter, you or the cow! (And I mean that in only the best way of course!)

Yeah, I'm irked that I can't get a refund OR transfer my Tough Mudder admission to anyone else... jerks!

That's awesome that you can see your obliques coming in! Any little changes like that are amazing, and make the work seem worth it. Mine are still there, but they aren't cut like they were a month ago. Aaaahhh, must be patient and consistent.... they will be back...
Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #117  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

125.2 this morning. Going to try to eat less sodium today if I can avoid it - went to a diner and had pork loin w/some gravy and split pea soup w/ham in it, so I imagine that's causing a little water retention as I had a big poo this morning. Boy, that sounds exciting.

JossFit Good luck with the gum thing. I haven't chewed gum in forever. Maybe that's the secret to something? I dunno. Thanks for the compliment :P The cow was VERY cute so I am flattered!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Can I get in on this action? I've posted like a million times so far today, but I'm really loving that this forum is so active. I have a hard time staying on track with my eating when I've got free time, so this is great.

JossFit - I'm a gum addict too. I honestly don't know whether I should start being more strict about how much I have, or at least start considering the calories in it, or whether it's better to not worry about a relatively small thing and save my concern for not overeating, like, dessert or whatever...
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #119  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi Feathers!

I'm so ashamed, I'm barely posting and I have this constant feeling of EAT ALL THE FOOD IN THE WORLD since I'm basically at home everyday looking for jobs and never getting any call back.

Lately I have become addicted to crappy TV and I am starting to have a weird fusion relationship with Honey Boo Boo on TLC. LOL I think this was when I realized I needed help

I haven't posted personnals in like forever, so sorry I've been reading everything though, you seem all to do so fine!!! I'm a bit jealous but mainly proud of you! (plus, Krampus, you I'm more jealous than proud only because YOU GOT TO PET THIS CUTEST LITTLE COW EVER) hehe

Today I shook myself up decided that If I'm not working, I'm gonna at least do something with my life so today was cooking day, I got a lot of stuff going on in the kitchen right now (it was probably not a good idea to cook some Maple Bourbon Bacon marmelade though.. I just want.to.eat.it.ALL).

I'm gonna start over with the personnals this weekend (it's part of the No More Honey Boo Boo marathon rehab thing LOL) Happy friday to all of you!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #120  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Turbo- honey boo boo, child! that show is a magical train wreck that you can't look away from. "I was raised on sketti....and look a' me!" classic. Sorry the food craving monster is visiting your house. Please make sure he doesn't come my way next. I have a very hard time resisting editing everything available when I have a migraine...and I have a doozy right now. :-(

Krampus - that is an insanely cute picture. Yu look amazing, great outfit, perfect setting and an adorable farm animal. Love. Your skin always look soooo amazing! Do you do anything special as a routine, or are you naturally awesome and I must hate you?

Joss- that is pretty whack that the Tough Mudder can't defer your registration to another race or even next year! It is so popular and that is a lot of money! I really want to do one of those with hubby some time. Since he is in a schooling program and home all the time, we have tried to do some races together. Our next one is a 10K on the 27th, and it is a Halloween themed run. We are dressed in an Oktoberfest theme..he has tight little lederhosen and I will be wearing an uber skanky frauline outfit. Lol I'm doing the Great Amercian Mud Run next month with girlfriends, but it is only a 5K. Lots of great obstacles, though. Last year hubby and I did an 8K mud run and it was way more RUN than MUD or obstacles. Lame. Are you getting excited about starting this Sunday?

I feel like poop on a stick. Yes...THAT awesome. yesterday I drove to the commissary an hour away, got a ton of stuff and when I came home, the weather was so gorgeous that I took our shepherd for a four mile walk. It was so nice! But I didn't take my phone and I was very, very late picking my son up from preschool. It was super embarrassing. So I got five workouts in, in three days this week. Which is probably why my body hates me and I have barely done anything today besides grudgingly take a shower.... No medicine is touching this mofo of a migraine, so I just have to wait it out. Blah!
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote