Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. I pretty much have been out of it this past week, what with the holiday and kids off school. I'm still not 'strong' enough to maintain plan when I'm SO off schedule, constantly handling snacks and food for other people, and there's tons of candy around. Looking forward to everything being back to normal next week. Cheers~
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petite Powerhouse View Post
I started where you did and got down to 113 in just under three months. It definitely helped to up my calories. I had them too low at first and that slowed me down as well.

I'm looking to lose the last 5 in the next month (I'm 5' 3 1/2"). After upping my calories I started losing 1.5 to 2 lbs. a week, so I think I can do it. I have a lot of muscle, which I think helps me lose fast despite being short and having only a little to lose. But, if it takes longer, so be it. I like to eat, so the more I can eat the better, whatever the speed at which I lose. And now that I am eating quite a bit more, I feel confident about moving into maintenance whenever that happens.
Nice job. I think I may want to go to 118, but I haven't been that small since I was in college! It sounds like such a small scary number to me. I don't know why, LOL. I would honestly look skeletal at 115 or lower (I think). Usually I just diet my way to weight loss, which I think looks totally different than exercising and eating well to achieve the same goal. I feel so strong and energetic, as opposed to skinny and malnourished.

Good luck!
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Congrats, Danni!!!!

Stella......I live in STL also!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #94  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks Kellost - I am doing ok so far today. How about you?
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
thanks Kellost - I am doing ok so far today. How about you?
I'm doing really well today! My eating is on track, I ran this morning, and I just got done making a grocery list for the week with many healthy meals planned. I also cleaned out the closet, getting rid of clothes that are too big on me. It's weird how some days seem easy, and other days really difficult to stay on plan. I've been drinking cups of decaf herbal tea tonight, but no snack monster visiting me! Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #96  
Califiona

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3"

How many calories are you eating that you are losing weight? Upping calories to what from what?
Califiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #97  
Grandma on the Go!

Great surprise this morning - the scale is back to 128.

My Little Weight Tracker Chicken is much happier.

I'm eating a lot of fruits and veggies to get myself back on track.

Have a good day.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Kellost, that's cool! I'm actually doing the APA 5K here on the 25th How far are you in C25K?
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #99  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

ugh, so the scale jumped back up over the past couple days. ive gotta take a day to recover and get my eating back in order and stuff. i was up to 129 again, ugh thats toeing the line to the 130's.
Busy day today so that should keep me from snacking; snacking is my main problem. cuz "ill just have one more" turns into 20 lol
lots of school work to do this week, and i also had to pick up another shift at work, cuz another girl quit, so that will keep me super busy, but im feeling tongs better this morning.
anyway, im just kind of rambling. hope you ladies are doing good, im trying to get back into the habit of posting since this is back to being my main accountability.
hope everyone has a fantastic sunday
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1609 View Post
Kellost, that's cool! I'm actually doing the APA 5K here on the 25th How far are you in C25K?
I am starting week 9 of the C25K program this week (the final week of training!). Can't believe I did it! I'm going to come up with a way to maintain my ability to run the 5K in the rest of the weeks til the race. I started the training early, just in case I had to repeat a week, but so far I did okay each week and didn't have to repeat. Now I just have to figure out how to keep at this level until May. I think I'll just keep repeating week 9, but I'm going to talk to a few of my runner friends and see what they think.

I'm doing the STL Girls On the Run 5K in Forest Park on May 16th!

Good luck in your upcoming races!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:30 AM   #101  
Grandma on the Go!

Spring Break is over and it is back to babysitting the grandkids.

I worked everyday in my garden or spring cleaning my house, so I didn't get to the gym. Getting over tired is what set off the night snacking I think.

My stepson is on his way home for a 2 week visit from Afganistan (army). So he and his Mom will be here for a while then he will visit his sister in VA and then return here to fly out again. It will be very hard to see him leave again. I know I will be off plan while he is here and we treat him to all his favorite food, but it will be worth it. But I will be checking in and try to make good choices as often as I can. Have plans to get back to the gym on Thursday.

Here's to the start of good week!

Last edited by danni; 04-12-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #102  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Hi all! The weekend kept me hoppin', so I couldn't check in here. I am pleased to report that I feel I handled all my food "challenges" well. I did have dessert Friday night, but it was chocolate fondue with fruit mostly. So a couple choc-covered strawberries and bananas plus a few bite sized pieces of other things on a small plate made up my dessert.
My only other real indulgence was having my first ever sweet potato pie at our friends yesterday with homemade whipped cream (YUM!). I took a small (I think the smallest) piece and enjoyed it very much. To recover, I ran my longest run ever...7 miles yesterday afternoon and felt pretty great afterwards, so then I did some yardwork. I'm pretty sure I worked off the calories, but I'm not sure if I got enough water in the evening. I woke up a little puffy in the fingers. I did use some sports cream on my legs last night (just in case). I don't know it that also has anything to do with it, but I am up to 136.0 today. I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow since I tend to lose the morning after my days off exercise. Weird, huh?

Last edited by Ms Perception; 04-12-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califiona View Post
How many calories are you eating that you are losing weight? Upping calories to what from what?
I started at 1,300 to 1,500 a day, but I transitioned to 1,500 to 1,800, and now I eat about 1,750 to 2,000 a day. I lost another two pounds this week eating 1,750 to 2,000. But I think I am a special case in that I have been lifting weights for 20 years. I can lose weight very easily. The issue for me is just making sure I stick to eating the right way now that I am lighter. I think this time I have learned not to let myself go crazy on vacation. That is what happened to me the last time I dropped from 129 to 113. I ate more than I ought on a cruise, and when I came back home I was all out of the swing of things and couldn't get back to eating right. I got back up to 129 and stayed there for two years. This time, I have transitioned from thinking myself on a diet to considering myself eating right for life. I went to Vegas recently for the weekend and ate responsibly despite spending nearly every meal at a buffet. That's a really good sign, I think. I've come back from Vegas before 8 pounds heavier after only a weekend. It's mostly water weight, of course, but it still screams poor eating habits on vacation. This time I gained nothing.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 04-12-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabMonkeyGirl View Post
Nice job. I think I may want to go to 118, but I haven't been that small since I was in college! It sounds like such a small scary number to me. I don't know why, LOL. I would honestly look skeletal at 115 or lower (I think). Usually I just diet my way to weight loss, which I think looks totally different than exercising and eating well to achieve the same goal. I feel so strong and energetic, as opposed to skinny and malnourished.

Good luck!
It is amazing what a difference exercise makes. Even at 129 I was a size 2 or a 4P. When I was that weight before I started working out I was several sizes larger. Of course, sizing has changed in the past 20 years, too, but all the same I know I look appreciably thinner and more fit with muscle than without at the same weight. I also know, though, that at 129 my muscle isn't nearly as defined as I would like it to be.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 04-12-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #105  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I really enjoy reading the posts in this section of the forum!

I don't have much to add right now except that I am back on plan. Spent yesterday evening planning out the week for meals & exercise. I need to get back in a schedule for exercising as I have been waaay off for more than a month now.

And I am boycotting my scale until the end of the month. I had a bad eating day a few days ago (but still less than 2000 calories). Every other day has been great and I've been walking strenuously for ~ 1hr/day. The scale is up 3 lbs from April 1. Hmph.

Micro-rant: << it never ceases to amaze me how I can gain 3 lbs practically overnight, while it takes 6-12 WEEKS to lose that amount!!! >> I'm starting to re-think my weight goal... maybe I should call myself maintaining (but I'm not even doing that yet, hehe)

Oh well, my weight could be up for any number of reasons. That's why I am just going to stay away from the scale for a while. Focus on exercising and eating healthy & delicious foods and being happy with where I am
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote