Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies!
I'm dragging this morning, so tired! Coffee, coffee and more coffee! That's all I've got for now, I'll check back in later.

Happy Monday!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #32  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Feathers,
I just came in from the yard for some lunch. I am still planting my retirement flower garden. It will be 87 degrees here today - so I will have to finish later this afternoon.

I overdid it on Easter lunch and I know I didn't gain 2 pounds overnight but the dang old scale doesn't. So the journey continues.

Last edited by danni; 04-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #33  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Oh, yesterday was baaad. I seem to have no restraint once I give myself permission to go a little bit "off plan." Garlic bread, chocolate, mashed potatoes, carrot cake.... <groan>

So I've set myself up for a "challenging" April: I am in a weight loss challenge (4 lbs - pretty much no chance of that happening, but ya never know), an exercise challenge (1 hr/day average, includes long walks) and a South Beach challenge, in which I decided to plan every meal every day and do the best I can when life intervenes - NOT like yesterday

I joined a gym again this weekend! Yay, yoga classes and a treadmill to start the 5K training again. I definitely will move to outside running but I want to start on a treadmill for building up first.

Let's get this Spring rolling! I'm ready to ramp up the activity level again!! I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress for inspiration!!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #34  

Danni those scales are just plain old stupid sometimes! I commend you for getting on yours, I knew after what I did yesterday it wouldn't tell me anything I'd want to hear, so I put it off until tomorrow (hoping to do some damage control today).

Emma you're not alone! Holidays are killer, but at least they don't come around that often. Smart putting in a handful of goals for the month.

I'm struggling today, just want to eat, eat, eat. I don't know what we're going to do for dinner, and when I fail to plan, I generally can plan to fail. I don't know what's gotten into me, but I just feel very blah. Need to get my motivation back up!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

I hate to even say this with everyone who's avoiding weighing, but I hit a new low today! Down to 165 . That gives me a 2.2 lb. loss on the week after my .2 lb. gain last week.

Katie, I've found that I'm super hungry on days after I overeat too--just hang in there today and tomorrow will be easier!

Last edited by stella1609; 04-05-2010 at 07:28 PM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #36  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Feathers... Count me in, in having a horrible food weekend...It was baaaad for 3 days... Today I am right back on track...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #37  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

One day of overeating seems to be a trigger point. now 3 days of eating too much at night. I really hope to get this back in control today. I am going to have to figure out how to do better in the future.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

126.2!

That came out of left field, especially since I had a heyday on Saturday with hamburgers, ice cream, the whole shebang. I didn't crack 2000 cal for the day, but I thought I'd have to be more patient than usual after that. I didn't feast on Sunday though. Coming from a Chinese family, Easter to me means I make a bunny-shaped pancake for breakfast and then go shopping to take advantage of the fact that everyone else is at home celebrating (super-short checkout lines, woot).
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

TKM, grats on the nice loss--that's awesome! You're so close

I'm back up a little today--I'm sure it's water weight (I think I was a little under on my water intake yesterday, and I'm really sore from working out). Still sucks to see that after my nice low yesterday!

I'm wondering if I'm hitting a sort of set point for my body? I'm still about 5 lbs. from the weight I've maintained for most of my adult life, but I imagine with all the exercise I'm doing I'm probably close to the same amount of body fat I used to have at the lower weight (if that makes sense). It just seems like I've been struggling more with my loss since I hit the 160s.

Last edited by stella1609; 04-06-2010 at 09:03 AM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #40  
Ilene the Bean

TKM -- great work...

Stella -- My weight loss is sssllloooow too, ridiculously so, the closer I get to goal... I feel like I've been bobbing between 150 and 158 for years now... I'm hoping the Primal lifestyle will get me down below 150 once and for all... Maybe I can only hope
Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #41  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

stella-Maybe it's just time to shake things up and try something new to see if you can't get the scale to budge some for you. Sometimes that's all it takes to break through that invisible glass wall that seems to keep us from moving downward at times.

tkm256-What a nice surprise, huh?! Good job! You're in a position now to be able to have a tiny splurge now and then without too much trouble...what a blessing!

danni-Eating naughty does have an evil slippery slope effect. One lady on here told me a long time ago to stick with your plan that's working, because it's SO much harder to get back to that place once you've gone off plan. Once you've gone off plan, I guess I find that reading something about diet or exercise helps remind me and motivate to get back to healthful living.

EmmaD-Today is a new day! How is it going so far? Best of luck on all of your challenges!

100percentME-I'll also be praying for you and your friend. That has got to be difficult. Yay on the scale vistory! Getting closer to goal!!! Your goal is 10 lbs under mine. I wonder how you chose your number?

BlueIsis-Thanks for that info on the BF% calculations. I was wondering how accurate it really was. My BF really needs attention, but I'm focusing on that once I reach a desirable weight goal range. I tried focusing on both at once and just got frustrated!

Susan-Holy cow on the size 2!! That's incredible! You're in your goal weight range now right? How does it feel? You should post a new profile pic so we can see your new primal diet look!

I actually had a good OP weekend with the exception of Friday evening which is when we did our Easter meal with my parents. I was good except then I enjoyed a bit too much dessert. Since Saturday, though, I've been OP and doing well. So, I'm still shooting for my week OP. It's questionable this week due to a planned occassion with my mom Friday night that involves chocolate and a comedian. I am hoping that either 1) the desserts are not at all tempting OR 2) that I can just take a little and be satisfied. Either would count as OP for me.
I am back down to 137.4 this morning which is a relief after spending most of March around 138-139. Today is day 1 of my new meal plan and I'm hoping for a good number tomorrow in the 136's. This new food plan has me ALL stocked up on produce...like I can barely fit it all in the fridge! It certainly should work since it is an incredibly balanced approach. My only concern is coordinating it with my marathon training which will officially begin in a month. I'll probably have to adjust up my calories on high mileage days. We'll see!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #42  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies.
127.6 this morning. ugh im getting so close!!!! lol as always, im scared to believe it, but ill take what i can get. i know that ill prolly bounce back up and down several more times before i hit my goal but as long as its a general downward slope i guess things are going great
im a little worried that my goal size (4) and my goal weight (118) are not going to line up. maybe these last 9 pounds will make a bigger difference than i think (i just got into 6's a couple pounds ago).
i see a lot of you ladies are having rough food weekends, keep going! you can always do it, and when you need accountability, we are here :P
im going to attempt a 3 day fast with my church (which for you non-churchy people sounds weird) but im going to still drink liquids because i know that i will start to get consumed by my fast being like a fast-paced diet if i see the scale down down any. so my goal for the next 3 days is to stay focused on the reason for this fast (God) and still take in plenty of calories in order to keep me in check.
im still needing prayers for my friend and i. we are working things out, but our relationship is really broken. very hard to fix, and im not so sure my friend finds it worth fixing, but he also doesnt see all the breaks and holes that i can see.
hope everyone has a fantastic day. you ladies are in my thoughts and prayers
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #43  

Good morning feathers!

Oh Ilene and Danni! I am so right there with you. The last two days I have been TERRIBLE. The gym was closed on Easter, so I didn't get enough exercise in, and then proceeded to eat too much. Yesterday I don't know what my problem was, but I ate my way right through the day, with a grand finale of chicken schwarma sandwich and a basket of fries!

I really don't understand what is wrong with me. When I fall off the wagon, it's almost never an isolated event. I'll do great for days on end, then one night have pizza, then the next morning have McDonalds breakfast... it usually seems to take four or five bad decisions (that I'm fully aware are bad decisions) before I get back on track. I'm my own worst enemy. Well, not surprisingly, the scale was none too kind this morning and I'm back in the 150s. Now I'm worried it's going to take the rest of the month to get back to breakeven (do you hear that? it's the sound of heart breaking).

tkm I might have to live vicariously through you for the next couple of weeks, so keep up the good work!

stella that very well may be. It seems like once our bodies get to a certain point, they are able to defy science and maintain in spite of our best efforts.

Well, I'm grasping my last hope that some of my weight gain is from the sodium. I'm going to try to stay positive and give it a couple days, but I'm really struggling.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Okay, Feathers....

The scale is up after too many days of overindulgences. It is my own fault. I'm going to try to not focus on the numbers this week.

On the positive side, I ran 28 minutes straight today (as opposed to Saturday, where I utterly failed my 5K training plan). I felt proud of that.

I am getting back on track with food, but the Easter candy needs to go. My two kids' baskets are sitting in my living room, filled with treats. I did great with eating all day yesterday, but in the evening I found myself digging into their peanut butter cups and jelly beans. Not good! I need to at least move these baskets, move the candy or do something. It's too easily accessible for me. It's hard because they get candy from aunts, grandparents, egg hunts and they want to keep it. Personally, I'd like to throw it out for all of our sakes.

Come on, everyone, and lets turn this thing around for April!!!!!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #45  
Ilene the Bean

Kellost -- I have every intention of turning things around for April ...

Heading for a run in a few mins ... Love runnin'