Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad to see this thread is still doing something... I'm losing weight well right now, but of course it's still the beginning for me, I expect it will slow or hit a wall that I will have to climb, but amazingly I think I can make the challenge. So, officially, I'm weighing in at 244, and for the challenge will need to be 224 by march 20. You know, it looks like it's not so hard sticking to a diet if I can get past the first week or so behaving!! I love this! (still want tacos... but doing good)
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:35 PM   #17  

hey good luck with those of you just starting out and taking the challenge, you'll prob see progress at first and a slow down... I think our bodies get used to a routine... (or was that those fries I stuck in there? lol)
Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

Ok i'm in after the V-day challenge too! That will give me about 5 weeks! Don't think I'll get 20lbs off that quickly, so I'll shoot for 8-10 Go us!!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #19  

Hey I'm new here but this is exactly what I need. I have a 24-Hr Fitness membership... time to use it! Think the plan is Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday hit the gym and move up to Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at the gym by end of February.

This week's mealplan: I've been eating eggs with a glass of V8 in the morning, mid-morning I have a full-bar with a large glass of water, lunch is a ham sandwich with cucumber slices and individual sized hummus+pita chips (sugar free jello for dessert in the afternoon), then for dinner is a salad, and just before bed I drink a glass of hot tea with lemon flavor. I've got a major sweet tooth so I've sworn off the brownies and fruit until after I've lost some serious pounds.

Sorry sweetie no chocolate for Valentines Day this year.
Heatherbbdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #20  

Wink Yay!

Well, I can finally start, ahd to get back to my listed weight here...my new scale doesnt read what my other scale did... digi vs old school ... eh. So, with my plan and help from Alli, I should see results.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #21  

Smile Awww dang!

Well everyone, I think I started the V day challenge too late... but I'm still gonna work on it and see how much progress I can make! Have a good day!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #22  

Default Hey....?

Wasn't this originally a 20 lb by March 20 thing? I might be able to do that still... what was the V-day challenge if not that?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #23  

Height: 5'1''

I WILL!! I WILL!! I have lost a total of 20 pounds so far, but that was over the past year!! ooouch. I am willing to try and step it up and lose 20 pounds by March 20th... That is actually a great day/motivation for me. 1st being that it will be spring, 2nd being that by boyfriends birthday is on the 17th and we will probably be celebrating on the 20th!!

I hope I can do it.. Gym here I come, I have to be strict with myself though.
club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 123/118/112

Height: 5'

Hi all!

I'm new and would love to lose my 10lb by 20th March. Just the right timescale for me and this is great motivation to keep on track.

My plan is low carb (cos of my SAD) and around 1300kcal per day. 1 hour walk each day and 30 mins interval training on my cross trainer at least 3 times a week. Maybe the occasional gym class thrown in to keep it interesting.

Roll on spring time, it can't come soon enough! Good luck to everyone joining in.
Cherryette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #25  

Wink yay!

Good luck everyone!! Mine seems to be slow going (or not going if I keep messing up)... but we can get there!!

Old 02-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 123/118/112

Height: 5'

Yeeeaaahhh down to 120! Didnt expect it either as ate the 'wrong' things yesterday and havent been doing all the exercise I'd planned. Funny how that happens. Sometimes I think there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Really this is the first time I have lost any weight in 2 years, especially in the winter months. Now just got to keep it up. Hope everyone else is getting on ok too.
Cherryette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #27  
Lori

S/C/G: (Scale-phobic) ?/?/125

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello, Ladies

This is Lori, your Featherweight friend who posted the 20-pounds-by-the-first-day-of-spring challenge. I was doing great -- sticking to a strict diet, and making regular trips to my health club -- until the weather sabotaged my efforts.

I believe that Washington, DC's weather has been all over the national news? It hardly ever snows here; we'll go entire winters with no snow whatsoever, and big accumulations are memorable (e.g. people still talk about a storm way back in 1979). Well, we've been hit with 3 significant snowfalls in just the past week-and-a-half. Right now, I'm watching a blizzard outside my window.

My bottom line -- I haven't left my home in over a week. There have been no visits to the gym and no trips to the market for healthful groceries. No, I haven't been overeating, but I really haven't done much of anything; just read, watch TV, etc. My efforts are temporarily sidelined. I think I need to change my goal date from the first day of spring (March 20th) to maybe the middle of April.

Thank you for understanding,
Lori
Primobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #28  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Lori, don't give up on the 1st day of spring - maybe just modify the goal. I am not going to make my V-Day challenge of getting under 140, so I'll modify my 1st day of spring challenge once I weigh in on 2/14. But honestly I like the idea of a challenge in every month.

I sympathize on the snow - I live on Long Island and we're getting pummeled right now. Luckily the last storm totally missed us. I won't make it to the gym tonight but I got a DVD last week at the library just in case.

Do the best you can but don't give up on tracking - even a maintain with all that's going on is a positive. If I lose a lb. a week lately I am THRILLED, so I try to set somewhat realistic goals.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #29  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

Im in but I only have 10lbs and I want them off by April 10th my birthday!!! It gets harder and harder to lose weight no matter how good I eat and workout. Im thinking warmer weather is going to change my attitude and give me boost!!!
bablou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #30  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/165

Height: 5'4

Smile

I'm SOOOOOO ready... April 7th here we COME!!! This maybe my next mini goal!!!!

Last edited by Beautifully Flawed; 02-10-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Beautifully Flawed is offline   Reply With Quote