Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #16  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everybody!

I'm having a pretty good day today I think! Day one of 14 day challenge down successfully. Tomorrow could be hard. I'm going to have dinner with a friend who recently got engaged, so it will be hard to stick with the plan. BUT I am determined!

Claire - thanks for all your thoughts! It was a stressful week, but its nice to be coming out on the other side now Good job staying OP! You sound like you're doing fantastic!

Whittlin - congrats on the weight loss!!!! And thanks for the encouragement for my 10K

Clykk - I'm glad you're feeling better

oooh, I got a food scale today...I've wanted one for a while, and finally splurged today. Hopefully it will really help me keep track of what I'm putting in my mouth!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar -- Spaghetti and meatballs?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:15 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I think I'd end up slurping my food off the edge of my plate!

I certainly hope that planning is key. I spent alot of my day off figuring and conniving .... I think I have some nice portions of protein all figured out and bagged up. Add in some veggies and fiber and I should be good to go for a few days.

I'm still not good at breakfast this early. I have allbran and a yogurt that I'll mix together and have a little later.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Boring but quick

I tend to go with planning that is simple. Everything in our fridge is low fat so that helps too. Whenever I'm away from home dogsitting I tend to eat the same breakfast and lunch each day - easy to buy the food and do the calorie counts that way. I do vary the breakfast a bit - this morning I had eggs, tomatoes and toast, which apparently all the animals here like. They all sat around me and stared while I ate.

Come to think of it my lunch is the same regardless - I have to be able to gobble it in 5 minutes with one hand while driving. I have one dog who I trust in the car with me while I'm eating - anyone else and I'd probably have an accident when they tackled me for my sandwich .

Pets are a joy in my life but eating around them can be tricky.

Dagmar (the still OP goddess )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 AM   #20  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Thumbs down All Backed Up This Morning

OK, it's not how it sounds. I am referring to my house! I didn't put the dishes in the dishwasher last night. I didn't get up this morning for my 6:30 AM swim. The result? A morning that feels all out of whack! It's amazing to me how important routines are to our sense of well being. Or maybe I should just speak for myself. Maybe others are OK with their schedules getting out of whack. I'm not.

With the undone dishes came some undone eating last night too. I wonder what got into me? I just didn't seem to care. I went from buttered, salted popcorn to a bowl of cereal to 2 chocolate chip chewy bars.

Ah well, guess it's time to get back up on the horse and start a new day. I can do this. I'm worth it! Hoorah! Hoorah!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #21  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a great OP week. I know I'm going to try!

I don't think I posted in here last week at all and for no reason at all except laziness! I do try to keep up with reading though.

I went with my son yesterday to a tennis tournament in Costa Mesa. He won his 2 sets so we have to go back today I really need to go clean out my car. One of his friends is going with us and then we are going to stop by South Coast Plaza (a big mall) on the way home. Need to make room for purchases!

I've been doing good with eating and exercising but I've felt bloated for the last few days. Not sure why. I haven't started or stopped eating anything that I can think of. I guess I should keep my journals so I can be more sure. After I log them in to WW I throw the paper one away (that I carry with me all day in my lunch bag) and the WW one is only there for a week (the actual list of what you ate).

Hope everyone has a great week. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jane~I want to go to to South Coast Plaza!!!! I love that mall! I don't need to buy anything, but I could shop there for hours!

Dagmar~what an idea--chopsticks at every meal! DD just came home from China and brought home a really nice set. We could do that. It would certainly slow down my eating! But we had sandwiches last night, so it wouldn't have worked too well.

Carolyn~I know what you mean about routines. My newspaper didn't get delivered this morning and I feel all discombobulated because I didn't get to read my comics or do my crossword and sudoku! I actually read more news at work than I do in the paper LOL!

Nic~good luck on staying OP at dinner tonight!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #23  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Default Tuesday weigh-in

Good news and bad news.

First the bad news: the scale hasn't budged, even though I've been on plan in both calories and exercise. I have all sorts of rationalizations:
  • I'm having my period
  • I'm backed up in the other way (too much info, I'm sure)
  • The spring in the scale is rusted
  • Little aliens flew down from the sky in the middle of the night and injected my thighs with donuts

At any rate, I don't get to move my ticker this week.

The good news?
  • I've lost inches in the past two weeks (I don't measure every week), including 1.5 on my waist, where I tend to see progress early.
  • I'm getting more definition on my shoulders and arms.
  • I can see the inkling of abs, if I tighten them and the light is right and the wind is from the southwest.

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with the results. I know I shouldn't care what the scale says, but I have to admit that I'm a disappointed in its obstinacy. Oh well, I can be obstinate, too!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #24  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Wow, one day of not checking this thread and I can barely keep up. Two days in and so far no chocolate covered espresso beans, but it's been a struggle. Hopefully the longer I go without eating them, the easier they'll get to ignore.

I am starting to get a nice crop of cherry tomatoes. Every day I go out and pick just enough for my dinner salad.

Dagmar--hmmm, I don't think chopsticks work with much food other than Chinese. I guess if you cut everything up really small.

kaw--having your period and being "backed up" would definitely cause havoc with the scale. I'm sure once those two issues resolve themselves, you'll see some movement, especially since you can tell by your measurements that you're making progress.

Alinnel and Jane--South Coast Plaza! I love that place! I used to travel around doing training for a software company and one of the hotels we used was across the street.

Claire and Whittlin--thanks on the new pic! It was taken this spring when my SO and I were hiking on McDowell Mountain outside of Phoenix and definitely the reason I like it is that I think I look sporty in it (such a change for a bookworm like myself)!

Clykk--I work from home full time so I have a pretty flexible schedule and it changes every day. Only my meals are consistent. No matter what else is going on, I pretty much eat at the same time every day, otherwise I get ridiculously hungry.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue View Post

kaw-- I'm sure once those two issues resolve themselves, you'll see some movement, especially since you can tell by your measurements that you're making progress.

Must be a bit tired. I found that just hilarious!

I'm doing good again today. Gotta love the portions in baggies!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #26  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

For Ilene

Spontaneous 7-Layer Salad For One (meal size)

Layer into medium bowl:

2 cups of torn lettuce (or bagged salad)
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 heaping tablespoons canned baby peas, drained
1 hard-boiled egg, cut up
(dressing of your choice - see below)
1 slice ready-bacon, microwaved crisp, broken in pieces
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

About dressing - a thin layer of mayonaise across to "seal" the salad, then chilling it, is traditional, and I recommend Dukes or Dukes Lite brand for that if you live where it's sold. That's good if you make two at once, especially, maybe one to carry for lunch the next day. But you don't have to wait, as long as your ingredients are already cool (I always have hard-boiled eggs ready in the fridge). Be spontaneous, toss with the mayo or any favorite dressing right away and dive in.

Being able to make this interesting salad in a few minutes has saved me from many a poor food choice.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaw View Post
[*]Little aliens flew down from the sky in the middle of the night and injected my thighs with donuts

Kim
They always inject me in the butt.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #28  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi all. Sneaking back in after a 2 1/2 week holiday. I dedicated myself to the cause of good food and wine and have a whole extra 1/2 stone to vouch for it. 7 lbs - yikes! Anyway, I had no good reason to delay getting started again so it's back OP today.

Susan B- wow - how tiny are you!

Greatchoicetell me, tell me tell me about your son and tennis. How old is he - is he any good etc? I'm a massive tennis fan and am always happy to look out for future Federers.

Stiebena - you finished Harry Potter yet?
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Doughnut~don't fret! I gained 3 pounds in a week while on vacation. It was gone within a week. Just get back on plan and the weight will come off (probably at about the same rate it went on). Just don't expect overnight miracles!

I'm just dying here......the humidity is horrible (I don't know for sure, but it has to be over 50%). The temperature says 91, but it's gotta be hotter! I went out this morning for a little exercise and it was hard to breathe because it was so hot and humid (and I thought it was supposed to get cooler at night!). And on top of all of it, I am bloated like you can't believe! I don't usually get this way. I feel and look just gross!

but my eating has been and will continue to be on plan!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #30  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Feeling complacent

Baa humbug! I don't want to do this anymore.

What a strong pull this feeling has. It has me imagining all that I have worked for is lost. But when I review my day, I find I have stayed OP except for the tortilla chips and low-fat cheese tonight. Really pretty good considering I have this strong pull to jump ship. Maybe I'll go off to bed and regroup in the morning. My place is cleaned up, the dishwasher is loaded and I can stop eating now. I don't have to keep going.

kaw I know how you feel. I have been weighing in for the past 3 weeks with no movement on the scale, but my measurements have been steadily dropping. I am still so influenced by the scale!

Sweet dreams!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote