Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 180/129/110

Height: 5'1"

I did okay yesterday. I didn't eat too good though, so from today I'm going to start using Fitday more to help keep me on track!!!

Today has gone good so far... I went for a 40 minute run and ran a little faster this time! Yay!!
meowies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:57 AM   #47  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

HELLLLLLLLO Ennay! I like this newbie smilie too

Well class last night was bonkers - lots of small kids running around and playing and stuff and I did lighten it up a bit since we'd been going mad on grading stuff and it's Easter next weekend. Then I gave them chocolate and then one of them knocked my motorbike over but it's not too badly damaged.

Eating is going very very well. I am eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm satisfied. I'm feeling like I could be eating a little less though, but we shall see, we shall see. I am also dismantling the scales sometime when I get round to it. I'm going to take the battery out

Today I may or may not go to the gym. It's officially leg day but I also have a bad knee, so we shall see. Either gym or reading Runners World. Which will frustrate me, but there is a knee article in there, so it might end up helping.

Then it's kickboxing tonight - grappling and ordinary class.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 AM   #48  

Height: 5'6

Barbara: I had no idea what I was missing......

Thanks! :b roc:
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can't go to a retirement dinner tonight. It's for a gal I've know for over 25 years. We have babies the same age, her husband died in his 40's ... So I'm trying to write a note that I can send instead of going. I'm bawling my eyes out!
I'll be back and catch up just shortly. You may need to cheer me up ... sniff
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #50  
aka Superwoman!

Have a dancing bunny You'll still keep in touch with her right?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Hugs, Susan.

I'm very happy to report that I had a wonderful day yesterday!!! I didn't do any mindless eating during dinner prep, I stayed OP all day! No WINE!!! Calories were 1300 which is right where they should be. This morning, my scale stayed steady at 140.5. Tomorrow, I hope to see a half pound drop.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:44 AM   #52  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Boy! This place is busy!!!

I went back to work ! It actually wasn't too bad. I need to work part time. It was nice sleeping like a regular person for 10 days though.

A friend of mine had surgery yesterday so on Sunday we took her out to brunch. We went to a mexican buffet at a place called El Torito's. I had just gotten off work and I had SO much to eat it defies description (except to say I probably ate half as much as I would have 3 years ago so I guess that is some kind of victory ). I had to go straight home and go to sleep because I only had 5 hours until I had to get up and go back to work for a 14 hour shift! I didn't eat again for 14 hours!!! I NEVER do that. I usually eat every 3 hours. Oh well. I went right back to my normal eating ways.

My plan this week is to drink more water. I don't know why I find that one so tough.

YuppieGirl-sorry to hear about your friend

2frus-you talking about the bonker children running around reminds me of a sign in a bagel shop here. It says "Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy!" I just find that so funny!

My son had a tennis match yesterday in beautiful downtown Hemet!!! I guess I'm the only one who finds that funny because I'm probably the only one who knows where Hemet is! He did very well especially considering he had hurt/strained his shoulder the night before.

Ok, guess I better run and do....something! Talk to everyone later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #53  

Thanks girls. I sealed the note so I wouldn't look at it again. And yes, Jen. I think we'll go walking the odd time when she's in town.

I get a stupid sticker for last night. DH wouldn't go get me ice cream so I stomped off by myself and got pretzels too. That'll teach him?

I'm working evenings today which is good for walking but could be perilous to the calories. Step away from the cookie tin. I'll make sure my bag is full of good things.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #54  
aka Superwoman!

Man, Susan, you KNOW it's his fault that you bought pretzels right? I mean if he'd gone and got you ice-cream in the first place then you wouldn't have been in this mess? But you burned calories stomping so you burned a few pretzels off
Old 04-03-2007, 11:06 AM   #55  

Susan... you're not going b/c of the food that will be there or for some other reason? I'm sorry you're feeling sad!!!

A friend of mine through cooking club told me about how she'd been doing water aerobics at the Y, and how she'd lost 13 pounds doing it! I had referred her to this website, because she said she was feeling discouraged and is about the size I used to be a few years ago. Long story sh ort last night she called me very last minute - at 6:30 for a 7:15 p.m. class - I went!!!!!!!

That is right folks, I actually exercised. Sooo; this class meets three days a week (mon/wed/thurs) and I'm doing a class today that's dance related. I also do swing dance for four hours on sunday's. So I'm really excited that I've found something I actually like doing and have a class buddy too! Hopefully, adding activity four days a week in addition to swing will help my scale to budge!

Today is going to be an OP day. I'm going to a private club for dinner to meet this other couplet onight - so it won't be perfect, but I will not be having wine or dessert, which will greatly cut my calories at dinner! Instead I plan to order a cocktail, so I'll still be "drinking", but it won't keep getting refilled. That's my plan for tonight!
YuppieGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #56  

Oh no ... somebody has to work. I tried calling the casuals but everybody has another job somewhere else. So, it'll be me. That's OK. I'm glad to work if it frees everyone else up to celebrate our coworker.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 175+/151/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

I am back from job interview weekend. I never realized how hard it is to eat well on the road. Well that's not completely true. I have gone on long trips and eating has been a problem before but the town I went to is super hip nice restaurant and coffee shop heaven and still it is almost impossible to eat really well. If you are picky that is.

Anyhow made better than bad choices though most of the time it was somewhat in the dark calorie wise. The tofu and brown rice for example was drenched in something very rich. I can only hope it was olive oil and not butter. I ate half and gave the rest to my kids.

However the scale is down a pound. So hopefully I didn't do too much damage.

Missed you all and it seems that you have grown so hi to all.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #58  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

*hug* Susan

Ok - I am getting back on track, dance class start tonight so here's to me shaking my pelvis!

and UGH!!! my office building smelled skunk sprayed!!! And I only just got INTO work. Well, at least today I would look forward to any out-of-office meetings that come by.

Anyways, plan for today:

B (320): Breakfast Egg White Omelet Wrap + Biscotti

S (60): Apple-blackberry sauce

L (~450): PB&J Sandwich on whole-wheat toasts

S (110-250): Either vanilla low-fat yogurt or cereal and soy milk

D (~350): Lean Cuisine + extra veggies + salsa

S (~110): Low-fat muffin

Total: 1400 - 1540

Skimpy on the fruits today, which reminds me - gotta go grocery shopping

Exercise:
1 hour jazz/modern dance
20 minutes strength training with weights
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #59  

Aqua - your menu looks realllly yummy to me!!!!

What kind of muffin is that few calories and low fat too? I want one!!!!
YuppieGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #60  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

The dancing bunny is way cool!

Bunnies and broccoli!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote