Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #16  

Hi everyone,
I am going to do every other day of lifting and cycling plus I am going to really try every minute to 'feel' what my body is telling me about whether or not I need to eat. This is what 'normal' is...I know I watch others do it....and I want to do it too!
suerose
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #17  

.......also, I will come to this site every day for moral support!
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #18  
american girl

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'9''

*waves* Hi! I'm new to the forum.

The number one priority for me, this week, is to go back to the gym. My practice of going twice a week was derailed late last year with a nasty illness and followed by a boatload of excuses. So, this week I intend to go back.
bailunrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/129/110

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone!

For the past two weeks, I've had vacation and went on two short trips- one to visit a friend for a week and then a 3 day trip with my boyfriend for our one year anniversary. I didn't eat well all the time on the trips a few times, but luckily I wanted around a lot and did so many things it all even out and I didn't gain anything! yay!

My plan for today:
-Don't eat too much at lunch (I'm going to my boyfriend's mom's house for lunch and she always makes soo much!! It's pretty healthy though.. but too much of anything is never a good thing!)
-Go to the gym and have a good workout!
-Make a healthy and delicious dinner

Hope everyone has a good day!
meowies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #20  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Well, I'm back from vacation. I did great with exercise while I was gone, even did weights with some high intensity cardio four times (normally I just do an abbreviated cardio workout when traveling) and went running twice (once in Sedona--it was beautiful--cold, but beautiful). But not so much on the eating. Some days were better than others, but lots of bad food and four--count 'em, that's four--prickley pear margaritas (not all on the same night--that wouldn't have been a pretty sight, my tolerance is pretty low these days ), way more than four glasses of wine, and at least one beer.

So the plan is to get back on track eating-wise the week and also to figure out how much damage I really did last week.

It's also avocado week at our house. We have four giant avocados that a friend gave us from a tree in her backyard and they are all ripe and ready to eat, so we'll be having lots of dishes with avocado in them. Tonight it will be Avocada-Banana Soup.

Hey, there's a new emoticon--a dancing broccoli Way Cool!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:20 AM   #21  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

The dancing broccolli is awesome!

Anyway, Featherweights I cannot believe it is April already! I have one week of classes left. It's crazy, I can't believe how fast this year has flown by.

I have some new April Goals:
- lose 4 inches
My other goals are stepping stones to achieving this one:
- Intuitive Eating. Eating for my hunger not "just because" or the time of day or whatever other excuses I use...
- Eating low calorie/healthy goods when I'm hungry. That means fruits and veggies. fruits and veggies.
- exercising everyday. I want to get in an hour or more of exercise a day. I would like to go to the gym two to three times a week. That is the ultimate goal.

Anyway very simple, achievable goals... but I don't expect to be perfect.

And as of Friday morning my measurements are all back to my pre-week-of-horrible-eating, so it's only down from here!

'Night everyone.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi All,

It's nearly the the end of Lent - I have stuck to my plan to give up wine and it has helped me avoid snacking in the evenings. I have "cheated" and weighed myself even thought I said I wouldn't - and I have lost 6 lbs (down to 140) which I am really pleased with. I'm going to carry on as I am this week, then decide if I need to make any more changes after Easter.

I took the dog for a walk after dinner last night - first time this year. It's so much easier to fit the walking in now that the days are longer!

Have a great week all.
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Wow you're a gossipy lot!

I had a fabby weekend. I bought a new intuitive eating book - beyond chocolate. It's FANTASTIC! I want to read it all every day over and over and over again, because it made me feel so fab

I have no plans for this week except to "Tune In" oh and to buy 30 packets of my "forbidden food" and eat it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Isn't it lovely how quickly this thread gets to be loooong! I love it!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #25  

Height: 5'6

Going to try for Yoga or stretch/strength 3-4x this wk and at least 3 days of cardio (either walking or stationary biking). My acid reflux kicked in Saturday and Sunday...maybe because I overate! My in-laws are coming tomorrow so I have 2 heavy meals planned. Will try to eat very light breakfast and lunch to compensate for the extra evening calories.

I'm hoping losing a few lbs will alleviate my acid reflux. It is a fairly new (and really annoying) development! :broccoli:
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #26  

Height: 5'6

how do you guys get the dancing broccoli? All I can get is carrot!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Cross posted (how fat-headed of me) but I can't be the only one who wanders off into wishing sometimes .....

I'm having some meandering thoughts about planning today. I think it's a combination of something I posted and something Rockinrobin said ...

I did a little research to see how I'd done last month. From there I picked a calorie number (lower of course) and posted it as my plan for April ... or this week or whatever thread I was in ... like a wish.
"Make it so numba one!"
Now when I go back and check for April it'll be 1501, right?
Uh ... no ... numba one will have to plan the coordinates, methinks. And I'm numba one.

Do you have any idea how many times I've told someone that their plan can't be "I wanna be XYZ by suchandsuchadate"?

I did do a daily planning thread a couple of times last week. It must have been in the back of my mind to be more specific, to actually have a plan. But more often, I kinda let the day be a crapshoot and assessed the damage in the evening.

Today I have to do a kitchen assessment, make a weekly real-life to-do assessment, reread the Body for Life food lists, make a list and get a few groceries. Then I have to query about 5 meals a day of about 250 or 300 cals and actually aim for under 1500 cals per day (insteaded of hoping that my week will divide by seven to make something like 1500 cals).

Now that's a proper plan.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Barbara~I just love avocados! Saturday I had the leftover half of one filled with tuna. It was so wonderful! Tomorrow, DH and I will be having a chicken avocado salad for lunch.

Happily I woke up to 140.5 this morning!!! Doubt I'll make my Easter goal of 136 at this point, but if I can see 138 I'll be very happy! I know I ate way too little yesterday but I seem to have made up for it already with breakfast!! It was healthy, but way more calories than I usually have. I'll have to watch it the rest of the day if I'm going to keep the scale down.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:38 PM   #29  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelinwoman View Post
how do you guys get the dancing broccoli? All I can get is carrot!
I never use the quick post box, I always click the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the thread. That takes you to a window with more editing options, including several of the popular smilies and a "more" link that pops up a window with all of the smilies that are available. Then I scroll through the list until I find the dancing broccoli (or whatever smilie I'm looking for), click on it, and it is automatically added to my post.

But you can also get it by typing "colon broc colon" (excepting using the ":" symbol instead of typing out the word "colon" and with no spaces).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I am gonna try to keep my cals a little under this week cause we will be celebrating my girls bday this weekend (9on the 9th and 10 on the 10th) so there will be cake and ice cream to go along with dinner. I also made cupcakes this weekend for their class and there were some left so i had 2. 2 in 2 days is not that bad but since I am having cake agin next weekend I think I should plan for it this week. My meals will be the same but my snacks during the day will be source yogurt(the 50 cal packs, i just discovered these and I loooooove them) and popcorn at night.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote