Old 11-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #61  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Sherry you are a very motivating smasher to me girfriend!! lol Keep up the good work , congrats on day two!! lol Go girl!!
Ladean nice to see you here this am. Work is driving me crazy!! hew!!
good breakfast girl!! I had cereal and a banbana and 1c. dec.
To all of you lovely smashers have a agood afternoon and keep on a smashing
you will look>>>>>>>>>>>>.so good!! lol will try to check in later.
Sorry work is crazy today, hopefully your day will fly by.

Hugs

Ladean
Old 11-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #62  
Ladean

Default Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem View Post
Sherry - glad to hear detox is going well for you. We are on the same day and mine is going well too!

It seems like all of you are well on your way to another losing week Everyone is being so good with their exercise and water!

I have heard about that Carmen Electra striptease workout...maybe I should order it! Is it good cardio?

How much water is everyone drinking? I know you are supposed to take your weight, divide it by half and that is the number of oz you are supposed to drink per day. In my case that would be 75.5. I am getting in 72 almost daily...some days a little more, some days a little less. Some things I have been reading say 1 gallon per day. Is anyone doing that? If so, how did it effect your loss?

I concocted a great cassrole last night w/ 1 can veggie stock (I put 1/2 in the pan to begin w/ and added as needed), fresh garlic, dried basil & oregano, pepper, a hint of cayenne pepper (I like to my food w/ a little spice) and little salt, 3/4 of an onion chopped , 2 chopped celery stalks, (I added the celery & onion first while I chopped the rest of the veggies) thinly sliced zucchini and yellow squash. I probably added 3/4 a cup of each if I had to guess. I couldn't find my shredder, but if you have one, I think shredding the 2 veggies would be better so it would cook faster. I cooked it all in the skillet for maybe 15 min total (adding the additional stock as needed). Then I mixed it all up w/ 2 c brown rice and 1 c mozzarella flavored veggie shreds. I baked it about 20-25 min until the veggie shreds melted and boy was it good! Plus it was enough for 2 days. This morning I added a few egg whites to the leftover mixture, stirred it all up and put it in a nonstick skillet w/ some PAM and let it brown up on each side (this took a little while) and it made me feel like I was eating hashbrowns.

I am feeling BLOATED this week and I don't feel like I am losing on detox like I did the first time around. Or it could be all that crap I wasn't supposed to eat over the weekend I think I will go ahead and weigh in on Fri and then again next Tues or Wed when my 9 days are up. I hope I will lose a pound or two but five would be better! The weather is supposed to be beautiful here Thurs & Fri so I am going to go walking for 45 minutes each day at lunch along w/ my nightly Jazzercise class. Maybe 2 extra cardio sesions will help!

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? There was a model on their who is one of the most successful plus sized models out there (she is a sz 12 so she is average, no plus sized except int he modeling world) but in the beginning she starved herself to lose like some ridiculous amount of weight and she got all the runway gigs. She got very sick and got back to normal size and now she has some of the biggest designers using her in their ads. I wish this would become the norm. I am big boned and no matter how much weight I lose, I will never be skinny. My hips won't let me Embrace those curves because voluptuous is so much sexier!

Have a beautiful day! Lem
That recipe sounds good, I'll give it a try...I drink 10 8oz glasses of water a day....The recomended amount is 8 8oz glasses a day, but I almost always get a little more..I know for me, when I get all my water in I have a better weight loss, not to mention how good it is for my hair and skin.

Ladean
Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #63  
Ladean

Default Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyo View Post
Got my 1st exercise in last night since starting FS! And I used to be a fanatic - but the bod just isn't what it used to be - plus having a nasty cold. I have a huge collection of aerobics videos but have also been saving workouts from FitTV.

I tried a Gilad one & it was easy to follow & actually kind of fun since he had some new moves I've never tried. I can't do lunges (bad knees) & my granddaughter (4 yrs. old) told me I wasn't doing it right. I have to modify things I know I can't handle. I told her my knees hurt & she said, "They'll get better." I said something about being old and then she said, "Oh, you can't do it because you're an old lady." LOL!

Darlene - Don't feel guilty about the weaning off caffeine. You've got to do what you gotta do. Sticking to the rest of the plan will help with your goals. My tweak during detox was not using plain yogurt since I can't stand it. I've tried mixing it with Splenda & fruits but even using Stoneyfield that so many recommend as being the best, it tasted too sour to me. Hope you're feeling better.

Sherry - Hope you had a nice, relaxing b-day. My dh works a full-time job & is in 2 bands. Although once in a blue moon they'll play an overnight gig (far away with hotel rooms provided - depending where it is I'll go too if it's a fun gig) he does come home at night even though I barely see him. When we 1st got married (& he was only in 1 band), I didn't know how I'd handle it. I actually love it since I like having time to myself - although that rarely happens with 2 adult children & a grandchild at home. However, I'm sure it would be different if he was gone for such long stints.

WeightSmasher - Welcome and it's great to be prepared & have lots of variety on hand when doing detox. I know I've gotten off of caffeine in the past although I didn't drink much of it so maybe that's why I've never noticed it being bad.

Linda - I'm doing great although I'm not sure if I'm going to lose anything this week. I'll wait until Sat. weigh in & I'll be getting more exercise in but I have a feeling I might have to kick my daily calories down to see a loss on Phase II (or maybe try 1 day of detox to see if that does something). Too early to tell right now since I have a few days left.

happyface - You're doing great & I, too, might have to do a day of detox when I need to. I can handle one day, just never want to have to do it for 9 again! Wow - you also have the absent working dh. I guess you just have to get used to it, right?

Nelle - That's one tape I don't have yet! It's funny when you do a tape thinking it isn't doing anything & you wake up sore. Must have worked some of those muscles you just haven't worked on before!

Rachel - Do you get to start work later today since you had such a late night?

Ladean - Reading your post is making me tired! I am NOT a morning person. I always exercise at night. How do you like your ab lounge? I just don't have anywhere to put it. I saw the Ab-doer on FitTV & if I remember the reviews were pretty good on it.

Another thing I saw last night that interested me was one of those mini-trampolines. It showed the guy following a workout tape & it's less impact than regular aerobics. My only problem is that I think I'd get tired of the same workout tape although I could probably adjust my other tapes to it.
I also have a mni trampoline, and I love it, and again no impact but a great workout, I use it alot.

Ladean
Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 233/190/150

Height: 5'1

Thank you for all the welcomes!!!
I am excited to get started but I feel that I do not have all the information.
How can I prepare the oatmeal?
What kind of yogurt can I eat?
Can I boil the vegetables?
How do I prepare the brown rice?

The recipies on the back of the book sound great but they are fods that I can't see myself preparing. Please help and let me know how I can make this a great and successful weight loss.

Thanks to all and keep up the good work.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #65  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

JUdy, I think you have agood idea, about doing 1day of detox. He does say in his book, sometimes you need to shock the old bod!! hew!! hew! That is what
iam going to do girfriend. Iam going to mix and match if need be. lol We will all
work out what works for us. You go girl!! lol Let me know if it works for you.
see you later.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:30 PM   #66  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the support ladies. I went through yesterday much better. I think I was also going through sugar withdrawal. I was still having head rushes and being naseous. I ate a healthy korean dinner last night with no rice but there was some rice stick called dok in the soup. I did wake up this morning feeling a heck of a lot better though.

I also did not gain any weight so I am not upset. Today I totaled my breakfast in calories and it came to a little over 300 which I am excited about since I have the rest of the day to go.

My boyfriend and I are going to a korean tofu house tonight. They have boiled tofu with really spicy kimchi. The kimchi has salt but it goes away after a couple of days. They also have a bunch of other veggie side dishes which will help.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #67  

Hello Smashers:

Sherry and Judy: Happy Belated Birthdays!!!

Linda: Your loss on detox is so great, congratulations! Its so motivated when you can have such a big loss so quickly!

Welcome all of the new people!!! (Allthough I am pretty new myself)

I just wanted to update my litle cheat on Saturday. I did detox yesterday for one day and started Phase III today, I havent really eaten anything yet that wasnt Phase II, but I might have a few cookies for dessert tonight

I lost this week on Phase II over 2 pounds

So i guess the moral of the story is if you get back on track, and still control your calories when you have a treat .....it might not even show up on the scale!

Thanks everyone for your advice and your support
Old 11-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #68  
kindacrazy

S/C/G: 171/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 8 days in

hi weightsmasher

welcome, you can put fresh fruit and nonfat milk in your oatmeal , i have a hard time w/o the brown sugar

for the yogurt i just get the low fat vanilla , i but a big one and eyeball the amount i eat its cheeper that way.

as for the brown rice i buy the boil in a bag whole grain brown rice . it takes about 10 minutes to cook then i add garlic salt , pepper, cooked mushrooms, corn and i sqeeze lemon juice on it. soooo yummy

when i start getting tierd of it i add some taco bell mild sauce to for a totally different taste its awsome : )

good luck there are alot of recipies here you should check them out
happy smashing
Old 11-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #69  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Couldn't stay off the scale!

But lucky for me, it should me a pound down! And that was just one day of detox. I am wondering since I ate the Asian food if it was the sodium that bloated me and I just lost the water weight from it. I know when I was on WW, the only time that I would eat and type of Asian food was the day or day after I weighed in. That was so I could get rid of the water weight by next weigh-in. So, I am going to give Phase III a shot! I figure that if I gain weight then I can go back to Phase II.

I think I will be okay, because I upped my exercise big time! Walked/jogged the 5K yesterday. And today, I used my yoga video. The kids did it with me and we had so much fun! I also decided to buy a new yoga DVD because they are so much easier to go back and forth with. My video makes me nuts sometimes!

Anyone else doing Phase III and have some tips?

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 11-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 195/194/150

Height: 5 foot 5

Default Wow, some peoples nerve!

I've been smashing since 10/10/06 and I have lost 11 lbs! Gone from a size 16 to size 14. Today I was so excited to get into a pair of 12's I have not been able to get up to my butt, let a lone over it . So I go to work and brag to my sister Erica, then my friend Jill, and then my boss Kara. Kara waits for me to leave the room and tells Jill there is no way I could have lost enough weight to have gone from an 18 to a 12 in a month! I was so mad when Jill told me! I told Jill that I had on clean panties and was willing to drop my pants to show her the 12 on the tag! Jill and Erica tell me she's jealous cause I'm getting thinner than her making her the biggest gal in the office. But I just can't believe she would say such a hateful thing behind my back! Especially when she was all that's so great Julie! You're doing so good! Phoney B!@#$. I'm sorry to vent like this, but I wanted to reach out to this awsome group for advice on how to handle her and her hateful commets.

Thanks!
Julie
Old 11-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #71  
Ladean

Default Hi all

Had another great day on FS, having homemade lentil soup for dinner, with cabbage, onions, garlic, carrots, green beans, and red bell peppers. And I'll have a peach yogurt later on. Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Ladean
Old 11-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #72  
Ladean

Default Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna be skinny chic View Post
I've been smashing since 10/10/06 and I have lost 11 lbs! Gone from a size 16 to size 14. Today I was so excited to get into a pair of 12's I have not been able to get up to my butt, let a lone over it . So I go to work and brag to my sister Erica, then my friend Jill, and then my boss Kara. Kara waits for me to leave the room and tells Jill there is no way I could have lost enough weight to have gone from an 18 to a 12 in a month! I was so mad when Jill told me! I told Jill that I had on clean panties and was willing to drop my pants to show her the 12 on the tag! Jill and Erica tell me she's jealous cause I'm getting thinner than her making her the biggest gal in the office. But I just can't believe she would say such a hateful thing behind my back! Especially when she was all that's so great Julie! You're doing so good! Phoney B!@#$. I'm sorry to vent like this, but I wanted to reach out to this awsome group for advice on how to handle her and her hateful commets.

Thanks!
Julie
You will find that your so called friends DO get jealous of you losing weight, been there myself several times, you can ask Linda, she's been there too. Don't let it bother you, hold your head high and be proud of yourself.

Ladean
Old 11-08-2006, 06:22 PM   #73  
Ladean

Default WeightSmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightSmasher View Post
Thank you for all the welcomes!!!
I am excited to get started but I feel that I do not have all the information.
How can I prepare the oatmeal?
What kind of yogurt can I eat?
Can I boil the vegetables?
How do I prepare the brown rice?

The recipies on the back of the book sound great but they are fods that I can't see myself preparing. Please help and let me know how I can make this a great and successful weight loss.

Thanks to all and keep up the good work.
I just use the quick oats, you can have Instant as well, but I likde the other kind better..I buy different kinds of yogurt, yoplait light is my favorite, and I eat all flavors..yes you can boil your veg, and I use the minute brown rice, and add seasonings to it, depends on my mood, I even eat it as a cereal with cimmamon and splenda and a little milk....Good job on asking lots of questions, that's the way you will succeed.

Ladean
Old 11-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #74  
Ladean

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
JUdy, I think you have agood idea, about doing 1day of detox. He does say in his book, sometimes you need to shock the old bod!! hew!! hew! That is what
iam going to do girfriend. Iam going to mix and match if need be. lol We will all
work out what works for us. You go girl!! lol Let me know if it works for you.
see you later.
Evening buddie, I plan to mix and match myself LOL, I think that's the way this plan was meant to be used.

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 195/194/150

Height: 5 foot 5

Thanks Ladean! I hate jealousy! It's a wasted emotion. My feeling is if some one has something you want too then do it! For crying out loud! Being hateful will not get you there!
This posting has made me feel good! I think I will do this more often!
Thanks!