Old 11-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Darlene and carleton97!!! My headache lasted 3 days...but the pain was less and less as the days progressed. My advice... ADVIL!! Don't let it get so bad that you get sick.

Sherry
Old 11-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 151/144/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Another New Smasher

Hello everyone!! Just wanted to say I got my book over the weekend and have put off starting because I wanted to get some input from others. I am one of those people that can make something so simple very complicated!! I have read alot of good things and I will be grocery shopping Tuesday with some of the recipes I recieved from some of you. They sound yummy!! Can't wait to get started and will keep everyone posted. Thanks!!
Old 11-07-2006, 07:03 AM   #18  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning Beautiful smashers!! lets get a smashing!! we can do it!!
we all know that it works , when worked!! so lets all work it!!
day 2 on phase 2 doing good. Still alittle leary about adding foods!!
Ihavent jumped on the scale !! hurray for me!! I only added 4oz of
water packed tuna and 1 ounce of rf cheese. Hope all are doing good.
One day at a time.lol

Judy- Happy belatled hope you had a great one.I made you
pumpkin pie realy enjoyed it last night. 1 slice.Thanks for posting
it.
Sherry - happy birtday to you!! happy birthday to you!! have the
best ever .

Ladean- good morning buddie. Hope you are all rested up from your
trip. have a great day and hope to hear from you later.

Darleen, Carlton 97, j jaye have a great day.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/193/125

Height: 5'5

Judy, happy belated birthday and Sherry, happy birthday to you! I hope you both have a wonderful time.

Linda, that loss is amazing! Congratulations! You must feel pretty spectacular.

Fashion Nelle - I hope you're feeling better. Isn't it nice to know that Monday starts a new week with no cheats in it (Lem, I don't know how you managed that well at the Cracker Barrel - I'm so glad we don't have any near me)?

Sakai - pit roasting the turkey sound cool! I've always wanted to try that. We're going to Thanksgiving at my mom's and she's definitely in charge - puts me in the position of sous chef, most years.

Jenn - good luck with the PT job - this is the first Christmas in a while that I haven't picked up an extra retail job for the holidays. I liked the discount, and the work certainly wasn't difficult, but it will be SO nice not to hear "See Santa do the Mambo" this holiday season!

ChipMonster, I don't know if I'd wait a whole week - maybe just do a few days of detox? It doesn't sound like you pitched yourself headfirst off the wagon...maybe just dragged a foot in the road...

Welcome to all you new folks!

Today is going to be a real challenge - election day is a big deal for us as we (my DH and I) both work for the local newspaper. We're going to be making the rounds of all the candidates' get togethers this evening for photos and I'm just hoping there will be veggie platters and pitchers of ice water in abundance!

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #20  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Good Morning All

I was so ready to start Phase III, so to answer your question Sherry, I don't think I'm going to start it now. There was Saturday night when we went to another buffet (okay I have to admit , buffets are the death of any diet of mine! I eat like a pig !!!) I had fried chicken and ate the skin, mashed potatoes and white gravy, and blackberry cobbler! I was fine on Sunday, but then yesterday we ate at the Asian buffet like I had mentioned. It makes me so mad that I just can't make the best food choices. It's like some evil spell takes over and sucks my hand to the wrong foods! (Well, wouldn't it be nice to blame it on an evil entity!)

So here is my plan. I weigh-in on Saturday, so I am going to do detox for at least 3 days and then back to phase II on Friday and Saturday. Depending on what the scale says will determine on whether or not I go to phase III. If I lose 2 or more pounds, Phase III it will be. I always like to have a plan -- and in writing it makes it better and confessing it to you all makes it happen!

I will keep you all posted on my progress!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 11-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #21  

Good morning All!!! Does anyone know if we can have frozen bag fruit from the store or is fresh all we can have. I thought frozen would be good for smoothies.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #22  

Default Phase 1

Also do we have to eat ALL the foods on the list? Please let me know, I am starting tomarrow.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #23  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Good morning all, thanks Linda for sending me the link to the new thread...I wasn't able to get here yesterday, so I am reporting my loss for detox as -4 pounds, I wasn't perfect over the weekend, so I am happy with my loss, especially since it took me below my goal of 149....WOW congrats Linda 10.5 pounds is awesome girl. Doing phase 2 this week, but I am not trying to lose anymore, so I may decide to go onto phase 4, and try to maintain..I sure wish I has known about this program a year ago, loosing almost 100 pounds might not have been so though, oh well, better late then never I guess.
Wishing everyone a great FS day.

Ladean
Old 11-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaye View Post
Good morning All!!! Does anyone know if we can have frozen bag fruit from the store or is fresh all we can have. I thought frozen would be good for smoothies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaye View Post
Also do we have to eat ALL the foods on the list? Please let me know, I am starting tomarrow.
My understanding is that we can use any type of fruit as long as there is not added sugar or other things that we can not eat. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've been using canned pineapple because it is convinient (sp?). Also, you don't have to eat all the foods. you can eat them all if you want, but don't have too. Like, I don't like egg whites, so I don't eat them. I do try to get the dairy in, but just because I think it's good for you.

Good luck!!!!

Bonnie Jean
Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #25  
Ladean

Default Frozen fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof3Spuds View Post
My understanding is that we can use any type of fruit as long as there is not added sugar or other things that we can not eat. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've been using canned pineapple because it is convinient (sp?). Also, you don't have to eat all the foods. you can eat them all if you want, but don't have too. Like, I don't like egg whites, so I don't eat them. I do try to get the dairy in, but just because I think it's good for you.

Good luck!!!!

Bonnie Jean
I eat frozen and canned at times as long as it doesn't contail added sugar, but I do wish when Dr Ian wrote his book that he would have added all the details.

Ladean
Old 11-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlostIT4ever View Post
I eat frozen and canned at times as long as it doesn't contail added sugar, but I do wish when Dr Ian wrote his book that he would have added all the details.

Ladean
Me too! I love the ease of his program and it's laid out in plain English, but some of it needs a little more details!

OH -- Happy Dance for you! Congratualtions on making your goal! I am so looking forward to that day myself! I won't buy new underwear until I'm at my goal! LOL

Bonnie Jean
Old 11-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 195/193/125

Height: 5'5

jjaye, my understanding is that the list is the maximum amount of food allowed. I know that on phase 1 I never got close to eating all of it. I think that the main goal is to eat a balance of the foods available (not all fruits and veggies, for example.

And, to parrot the other posters, frozen is fine as long as it doesn't have added sugar - and is excellent for smoothies!

Good luck!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:46 PM   #28  
Ladean

Default Bonnie Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof3Spuds View Post
Me too! I love the ease of his program and it's laid out in plain English, but some of it needs a little more details!

OH -- Happy Dance for you! Congratualtions on making your goal! I am so looking forward to that day myself! I won't buy new underwear until I'm at my goal! LOL

Bonnie Jean
That's funny I had to buy new undies, after about 50 pounds, my old ones we falling off, I never thought about it, but I used to wear a size 10 undies and now I am in a 6, so my friend, you have made my day LOL.

Ladean
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Don't know what happened but I got a double post that shouldn't have posted to begin with.

Last edited by judyo; 11-07-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I kind of lazed around yesterday on my b-day, it was nice. My cold seems to finally be breaking up and I feel like I have some energy today.

I got a portable xm radio & it wasn't what I expected at all. It's really tiny. Hope I can figure out how to use it! I can also use it in my car but have to get a base station installed. Also got coffee stuff & flowers from my kids. Ate on plan since I wasn't doing any food celebrating.

Sherry - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!