3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #208 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/65828-christian-encouragers-208-a.html)

mnewton2 10-18-2005 01:51 PM

Good Morning!!

Wilma - Yes it was such a miracle and the Lord just keeps on blessin'! My job is quite challenging but also fulfilling when I know that I have reached one of the students.

Sue - I did go to Africa. It wasnt for missions though. I do have pictures and I tried to post them but I kept getting a message that said my file was too big so I am not sure how to get them on the post.

It is nice to be able to post again! Hey where is Donna and Gary?!! Well, gotta get back to work. I will check in again later!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Margie B. 10-18-2005 03:35 PM

Don't faint. . . .

It's me. . . it's me. . . it's Margie B. :D I know it's been quite a while since I've been able to post and say 'hi' to everyone. Work has been . . . well work! DD keeps me going 4 nights a week also on Saturday, - -so little time for much else. I am keeping up with my walking, have logged 20 miles thus far this month. I'm afraid the time change will slow me down some as I usually can't get to the park until 6:00ish or so and of course it will be dark by then, may have to 'fire up' the old :tread: treadmill (ugh).

HI to our newbies - Sunny 2005: Where are you from? Any news (good hopefully) on your sister? Prayers that all is well.

Jonathan: Sounds like you're doing great on your weight loss. I see you have 'mini' goals, what's your next one? Prayers for your family to be in church, - so important.

PennyMac: It is flat, very flat in NE Ohio, I'm in southern Ohio, we have LOTS of rolling hills. Mom says there's so much land here the Lord just had to pile it all up!

Oh, before I forget, belated BIRTHDAY WISHES to :hb: MKAY and EZ to your :woo: Grandma too, 90 years young!!! That's amazing! Best wishes to both for a GREAT YEAR ! ! ! !

SunnyD - Did you get your bulbs planted? :flow1: I put some red tulips and yellow jonquils in the ground just this past Sunday, all mixed together, now I'm anxious to see them in the spring!

How's your walking? Are you and Joe still going together? Fred is no longer my walking buddy, he just kept pulling and pulling, trying to get closer after my numerous conversations with him about being just friends. Well, he got to 'demanding' my time, in person and on the phone (every day, whether I had already seen him or not, still wanted me to call - every night) and finally I just said 'ENOUGH!' I told him we could still walk but no more than that, (I really don't have the time to babysit him) and he decided that maybe he would walk with me and maybe he wouldn't. Well, I haven't called him again to walk, he knows my walking schedule and I figure if he wants to be there he will but we can be friends, and on MY terms!

doitforme - Glad your back too. I'm sure you'll miss your camping but apparently C'mas preparations will be keeping your quite busy for sometime!

mom2five - I just love reading your posts, they so remind me when I was growing up and at home w/my three brothers, parents, animals, etc. ALWAYS something going on. The kids look great. WTG on your weight loss (PTL for mom & dad) at LAWL! What's your total loss to date, do you know? How often do you go? Have your bulbs come in yet? I have more ordered, looking for them any day now. Way to go Chelsi, straight A's !!!! :bravo:

EZ - any more news on Dennis? We'll keep him in our prayers. Glad to Reba is doing okay after that window incident, that would have scared me to death!

DD is doing great, Miss Socialite of the 8th grade! Tennis team is currently 4-1, don't play again until up in November but we have practice every Saturday, weather permitting of course! :rain: Glad to hear you are cracking down on Ron, :coach: study, study, study, :drill: he has to know that you won't let it slide! You can't slide through school because there's no sliding through life! DD's grade cards come out Friday so we'll see how well she's really doing at school. Says she's not doing so well in Math, some of it she just 'doesn't get'. I asked her to talk to her teacher to have her explain it again (after all it is the teacher's job to teach the lesson) and then if she doesn't understand or can't connect we'll get into something more (tutoring, etc.) But right now just waiting for the grade card.

lateralus/rachel - Great job :cheer: on quitting smoking and the weight loss. . . . :bravo: You go girl!

wilma - enjoyed the pics of the wedding, you are so pretty. The quilt sounds just lovely, sure your DIL will cherish it for a lifetime. I hear you on the weekends flying by, :angel: I worked 16 hrs on Friday, back for 8 1/2 on Saturday, only had Sunday off. Went to church, then home to work on the yard and just catching up housework, etc. By 8:00 I was worn out, so glad all I HAD to do then was fall into my recliner and watch some TV! :faint:

I do have a special prayer request. . . Jeremy, a dear little friend of ours at Sara's school has some kind of cancer of the immune system. He's currently undergoing chemo at Children's in Columbus, 50/70% chance he'll be okay. He's 14, small for his age but 'one of my kids', on the soccer team, and such a good kid, if you could remember him and his family to our Father for strength, healing and traveling mercies, I would so appreciate it.

Okay, I know I didn't get to say hi to everyone but hopefully I can get back on this a little more now that my dispatching schedule has slowed down some. Love reading all your posts, come back MIA's, hugs and prayers to all
- Margie

Miles walked October = 20
Miles walked since 4/4/5 = 260.57

mom2fivesweeties 10-18-2005 06:01 PM

Hello!

Went to LAWL today and stayed the same - :cry: :cry: But I do know that I probably won't lose every single time I go in for over a year! So...........I will continue doing what I am doing! Normally, I would have gotten upset and just quit the diet if I didn't lose every time. I'm a terrible perfectionist - if I can't do something completely perfect, why do it? Isn't that silly? I'm messing with allergy problems, sore throat, arthritis, yadda yadda yadda, and I know I'm retaining water - so on Thurs. I probably will see a loss again! :cp:

It is in the 80's here! I have a really cute Tigger outfit I like to wear for Halloween, but there is no way I can do that costume unless it's 40 degrees or less - I don't think that will happen!

Thanks to all of you who complimented my babes - I need to find one of my oldest - I'll try to attach one here of Mike before homecoming.

MARGIE: Our bulbs did come in and we are going to have a beautiful hyacinth garden (24) - and they are the giant kind! And also we spread snow crocus here and there - so pretty! I go to LAWL on Tues. and Thurs.

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...coming2005.jpg[/IMG]

doitforme 10-18-2005 11:51 PM

Hi again!

WElcome back Margie- missed ya, prayers for Jeremy how sad.
Mom2five- good looking son- gotta find one of yourself- so we can see you though.
Mnewton- I thought you went to Africa- look forward to pics. You can shrink them at photobucket.com- give it a try. oh well time for bed, see ya all later.

lateralus98 10-19-2005 12:22 PM

Hey all! I have been so bad on my diet the past couple weeks I havent had the courage to get on my scale and look!

mom2five -- BEAUTIFUL pictures! your kids are so cute!

doitforme -- what a beautiful baby! You're so blessed!

As long as we are posting pictures, here is a couple of me in St. Louis with the Carmelite Sisters!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...17-2005-11.jpg
Me and Sr. Eva Maria (her baptismal name is rachel too!)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ithnovices.jpg
Me and two other girls with the novices and the novice mistress in front of the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica!

I had so much fun there! If you want to see more photos, go to http://photos.yahoo.com/zabbazooey

mom2fivesweeties 10-19-2005 12:43 PM

Hi Rachel!

You are such a beautiful girl! Thanks for posting your pictures! I know it will take a lot of prayer, but keep us posted as to your decision!

Margie B. 10-19-2005 02:36 PM

Hey again. . .

It's a beautiful Wednesday afternoon here, the sun :cool: is just beaming through my office window. Today is in the 80's and tomorrow is suppose to start a week of cooler temps. That's okay with me, I love the fall and cooler weather! :)

WELCOME to more newbies: :welcome2:

Jess411 - I too like the Diet Dr. don't have it much, try to stay away from pop. Where are you from? I also am pianist at our church, small, about 60 usually Sunday am. Been playing a long-g-g time but really enjoy it, I find it very relaxing. :yes:

Welcome also to Klemmie/Sherie, sew4life/Sue and Bobbolink!! Hope you'll find lots of new friends here. :gossip:

mom2five - how's Mike doing on his attempt to quit smoking? Hope that's going well for him. He's a cutie - does he like older women??? ;) ;) :D :o Where your picture? You'll have to dig one out so we can see the 'before' you. You're losing so much weight it will be easy to see the 'after' you very quickly! :encore: WTG!!

mnewton - good to see you again. I have been checking out Channon's site off and on, so glad to hear she's doing well. :D Glad to hear DH is working now too, hope that turns into a good position for him.

lateralut - how did the other job interview work out? Your pics are great, I did check out the website, you do good photos and your weight loss is really showing. :cheer: Made any decisions yet? Lots to think about, prayers for you dear that God will lead you in the right direction. Is your car still in the shop? Have you done any alternatives to your Curves? All I can tell you is just try to keep your hands busy, :cb: when I do, it at least keeps me from eating!

doitforme - both of your neices are adorable, ;) don't they just grow up too fast? Can't believe Kaylee is ready to walk!

wilma12 - glad to hear work is going well and your getting comfortable in the new position. New computer KEWL! Maybe you'll be around here more ? ? :lol:

EZ - What is pozole? :?: Said Angie was cooking it but I've never heard of it. . .

mitchypoo - how's California? You'll have to change your name tag now from MN. No more MOA for a while I guess. . . Your momma is so pretty, :sunny: of course Simba too!

PennyMac - fall house cleaning??? You're welcome to come and start on mine anytime!!! :D :D I haven't finished spring cleaning yet. . I also saw the 'big moon' last night, isn't it awesome??

Sami - How's mom? :^: Continued prayers for her and you too dear, you've had a rough go of it this year.

Well, guess I'll quit for now, waiting on DD to call me as school just let out, parent/teacher conference tonight where we'll pick up grade cards. Hugs and prayers to ya'all - Margie

wilma12 10-19-2005 11:12 PM

Hi all!

It's almost bedtime but I thought I would come and visit for a minute. I thought I was posting often but it looks like I've been lurking more than posting. I guess nothing too exciting has been happening around here so not much to post.

I made a nice shrimp, veggie and rice stir fry for supper. Enough left for tomorrow too which is a bonus. I find making dinners a challenge. Any ideas from any of you of quick easy meals for someone who's tired at the end of the work day?

margie: 80's?? I won't see that til next July. Here we're expecting cooler weather all the time and soon the dreaded snow will be here to stay.

Rachel: What a nice picture of you! I'll be praying for you as you make your decision.

Michele: That was nice of you to help out your friend. You don't know how much she'll appreciate that. Someone did that for me when I had my first baby and I had only one at the time! Prayers for you in your job search.

Lori: You're right not to get upset if you don't lose each time you go. sometimes your body has to adjust to the changes you're making to it. The results will show up if you hang in there. Way to go!!

It's off to bed for me. Tomorrow I have to meet with my employees individually to discuss their marketing goals. It shouldn't be too stressful but sometimes I make it that way for myself. I'd appreciate prayers!! Thanks.

Good Night. :tired: :yawn:

Margie B. 10-20-2005 09:06 AM

Where is everyone????

Didn't mean to scare :shrug: everyone off :cry:

. . .was it my breath? :faint:

I did take a shower this morning and didn't even need it, :yes: after all, it's not Saturday. . . :D ;) :goodvibes :) :sunny: :dizzy: :lol3: :lol: - Margie

mom2fivesweeties 10-20-2005 11:38 AM

Good Morning! :wave:

Here is a photo of my family and I at my mom and dad's last Christmas.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...obBobandMe.jpg

Left to right: Karen (my sil), Bob (my bro), dad, mom, me and Bob. Just so you guys know what I USED to look like! Christmas of 2007 will be half that person! :cp:

MARGIE: You didn't scare everyone off - it's been quiet here for about a week I think. WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU????? Thanks for asking about Mike. He has slowed down on the smoking, but hasn't quit yet. I know he will do it though!

WILMA: I go to WI again today - hopefully my body has "adjusted" all it needs to! I'm ready to lose again! I have a terrible cold, and I don't know if that affects weight loss or not????

EVERYBODY ELSE!! FRONT AND CENTER!!!! WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!

:sumo:

Mitchypoo 10-20-2005 03:09 PM

Lori, nice pic of you and fam.

Margie, no it wasn't your breath! :lol: I'm just lurking and trying to get stuff done around here. Took my mom this a.m. to an interview. She was nervous about the drive, so i just took her. It's a ways away and in south LA, not sure she'll take it. But she asked for $$$$$ in salary and they'll pay it, so good for her. Then we came home, had a green chili bean and cheese burrito for lunch and now i have to get busy. I have a coffee date tonight at 7 with Vaughn, we'll see how that goes. And my Walmart guy is continuing to call from MN. No job news for me yet. Hello to all and prayers too.

doitforme 10-21-2005 11:15 AM

Hi!

Lateralus- Your in my prayers that the Lord leads you were He would have you serve Him. Lots of decisions for you to make, pray about it, He will let you know.
Mom2five - Nice looking family shot. Your doing great!
Margie- It is amazing how quick they grow up, Kristie my niece is going to calledge next year 12 hours from home, if she goes were she wants and hasn't changed her mind, that will be weird not having her around.
Mitchy- prayers date goes well, job ect. glad mom found one that pays well, they seem tobe few and far between. How are you doing? Feeling better?
I am doing great, had a good week off today gotta work days tom. then off sunday and monday, going home to see family, which is always good. Hi to all MIas and those I missed. gotta run see ya!

mom2fivesweeties 10-21-2005 06:11 PM

Hi Sue, :wave:

THANKS! I love my family SO much! Can you believe my parents are 86 and 88? they are doing really good except for my dad's heart - they watch it really closely though!

Hi Michele!! :wave:

WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE???????????????

COME OUT AND PLAY WITH US!!!!!!

:coach: :coach: :coach: :coach: :coach:

EZMONEY 10-23-2005 11:30 AM

Sunday

HI FOLKS :wave:

:coffee: Having my morning :coffee: here so I thought I would check in since it has been a week. Not much going on here other than football and baseball games on TV. USC WINS!! :cp: My RAIDERS are still stinking up the place. My DODGERS and ANGELS are out and I gotta root for someone...soooooo GO SOX! in the World Series ;)

Angie and I are going with my daughter this morning to my ex-wife's condo, that she just bought, to replace some electrical boxes, mount a TV, and fix shower doors. She is in Oklahoma right now visiting her brother and my daughter wants to suprise her with the repairs when she gets back. After that we will probably go to the OKTOBERFEST at church.

Thanks for the continued prayers for Dennis, not much has changed as far as I know at the moment, my daughter's boyfriend and him just got back yesterday from a fishing trip in Montana, things went as well as they could there~~ it was a reunion for Dennis and some of his high school buddies from the 60's.

LORI~ Sorry about your Cardinals :( I haven't liked them since around 1964 or so, I was about 9 and my dad and I bet on the World Series between them and the Yankees...being a kid...you HAD to like the Yankees, right :shrug: with Micky and Roger~~anyway, the Cardinals won and boy oh boy did my dad razz me :lol: Being from Ill., he had to go with the Cards~~ I have HATED the YANKEES ever since!! :lol: Your kids are absolutely FANTASTIC!! You have every right to be proud~~you and your hubby are so bad yourselves ;) As for me~~Winne the Pooh ;) Great work at LAWL!

MICHELE~ Simba sure looks like she is ready to "get home"! How is the job hunt going? Are you glad to be back to ALL THE TRAFFIC :lol: :nono:

WILMA~ WOW! new computer~~you deserve it! OK~ Here is what we do for a fast, healthy dinner-- Pick up already cooked rotissere chicken at the store, pull the skin off (which I sneak away from Angie before she can throw it in the trash ;) )warm up some tortillas, then pull apart chicken and place on tortillas with tomatoe, onion, cheese, lettuce, and beans of our choice~ pinto, refried or black usually, with salsa and/or sour cream. This is Angie's favorite meal because it is healthy, good, fast, easy and cheap~~ AND NO COOKING!

RACHEL~ OH MY! What a step you may be taking. I am praying for God's will to be done in your life. You are such a cutie! NO SMOKING! Sure looks good on YOU! ;)

AUNT SUE~ What a great picture of the neices! Is there a "special theme" this year on the Christmas projects...outside of the usual, robes and stuff? Hope work is going well for you and you north easterners have a mild winter after last year!

MYISHA~ So glad to hear Channon is doing well, and your new job. As far as where's Gary?~~~humm...all I gotta say is Where were you? ;) I spent almost 2 months in Washington and you didn't even come see me ;) OH yea, so sorry :nono: :no:
about your HUSKIES yesterday against USC :no: :nono:

PENNY MAC~ OHIO STATE???????? WHY DON'T YOU JUST PUT A STICK IN MY EYE! :faint: :yikes: I went to back to back Rose Bowl games in 73-74 I believe...memory fails me sometimes ;) I remember the first one very well! We killed the buckeyes....I forget the next one ;) USC must have won ;) :no:

MARGIE~ Sorry you had to do what you did with Fred, unfortunately, he called it upon himself. Great news on the tennis~~ so you have a little "social" problem in the making...humm.... ;) Grand to be popular! Or so they tell me, I wouldn't know :no: being shy and all. Pozole or posole is a mexican soup~~ Angie makes hers with chicken, black olives, onion and hominy...plus some other stuff (she is out walking the mutts right now so I can't ask her, if you want the recipe I can send it later)...it is very tasty! Now, I have mexican friends that like the soup but they say their's is red...as far as I can tell people put different things in it...I was always going to look it up online, but then, I just really like Angie's...so why change it!

SUNNYD~ OH...wait.....she left us :( :?: :shrug:

WELL TO ALL THE OTHER MIA'S~~ I hope all is going well in your lives!

Off to the EX'S~~~~~~~~~then can't wait to judge that beer at the OKOBERFEST :lol:

mom2fivesweeties 10-24-2005 05:48 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

LAWL just called and I WON an overnight stay at a fancy hotel in downtown St. Louis AND $30.00 gift certificate at Joe Bacarrdi's Restaurant!!! Isn't that cool? I think the hotel is probably at least $150.00 a night - we are giving Mike and his girlfriend the restaurant $$$$ for babysitting! :carrot: Bob and I haven't had a night by ourselves in probably 15 years or so!! ;) :D :carrot: :dizzy:

I'm not sure who is happier - him or me!!! :lol:

They had an open house on Monday and Tuesday of last week. You got a certain amount of tickets for different things. For coming in, you got a ticket. For buying certain products, you got a ticket. Bobbing for apples was 20 tickets! And OF COURSE I did THAT! I nearly drowned but I did it!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GARY: Glad to see you again! Thought you were travelling or something! How was the beer at the Oktoberfest? Boy, back in the day, we sure loved those German festivals. THey have a Strassenfest in downtown St. Louis every year and we really really enjoyed it!!! ;)

Hi to everyone else!! Hope to see ya'll back here one day!!!

:carrot: :strong: :jig: :dance: