3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #208 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/65828-christian-encouragers-208-a.html)

Mitchypoo 11-08-2005 12:09 PM

Hi All! :wave:

I've had a migraine off and on for about 5 days which is so unusual for me. But i feel better today. I had a horrible day yesterday. I'm not a huge crier, but i had some things happen and i just cried a lot yesterday. Had to do with a phone call in the a.m. and my girl friend getting mad at me and hanging up on me... And i was shocked she was upset. Long story but i'm just not feeling well. Today's a new day, right? I'm going to try and be on program today. Maybe that'll make me feel better.

wilma12 11-08-2005 06:10 PM

Hugs And Prayers For You Michele!

mom2fivesweeties 11-08-2005 09:51 PM

Hey Everybody! :wave:

I have a request! Abbi is in 4th grade and in geography they are wanting postcards from all over the United States and the world. If any of you would be willing to send a postcard to Abbi in care of her teacher, please PM me - THANKS!!

MICHELE: I hope you are doing okay - I'll be praying for you.

WILMA: At least you are quilting! that's exciting to me! :lol:

I to everyone else and please PM me if you want Abbi's school address!

THANKS!!

EZMONEY 11-08-2005 10:41 PM

Tuesday

HI GALS :wave:

Just finished dinner, Angie made teriyaki :chicken: chicken, oven garlic roasted veggies and brown rice, way different than my enchilada casserole last night :yes:

Had to go see my dentist today for a couple of small fillings, this morning I was at a rental he owns painting ceilings...I worked 6 hours and didn't make near the $$$$ he did for a half hour...STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: At least he is my friend!

LORI~ The exchange of the e-mails has taken place between us, so we shall go from there, Angie is up for it...although she said Abbi probably doesn't need 60 post cards from Oceanside, she might just have a few of her students get one out...how hard can it be right? I'll get the cards and stamps, and the kids get X-tra credit. WIN/WIN! Plus I steal Abbi's heart if I pull it off ;)

WILMA~ Thanks for the prayers for Dennis! They are working (like we christians ever doubted :nono: :shrug: :no: :yes: :nono: :shrug: :no: )
Amanda said he is getting around alot better, doctors have told him he needs to think about re-doing things in the house so he can get around better~~shower, stairs, etc~~ I don't think they would tell him this if they didn't think he would be around for at least a little while~~ don't know for sure of course. Thanks again!

MICHELE~ What the heck girl? You're back in Cali~~ how bad can it be? Prayers for a better day tomorrow!!

Well, off to take care of some "BILLS"! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sprout 11-09-2005 01:31 PM

have been lurking thought I should post

It has been some time since I have posted - far to many things happening in our life so have not been around much. But I have looked over all the post since way back and notice a lot of new people -

Wondering: What is happening with Sunny - I have looked through all the posts and have not seen any from her in 'ages' - and she is usually the one to start up a new link - anyone heard from her.

Weight wise: Not so good. Have not gained but have not lost either - and with all the health issues due to this excess amount of weight I need to get on track.

Came across a good articles re Walking of the Halloween Candy - so here it is:

Walking Off the Halloween Candy
How far must you go to walk it off? Here's some facts about what's in your Halloween candy bowl and approximately how far a 160 pound person would need to walk to walk it off:
20 pieces of candy corn = 1 mile = 2200 steps.
2 caramels = 3/4 mile = 1700 steps.
2 Hershey's kisses = 1/2 mile = 1100 steps.
Small Tootsie Roll = 1/4 mile = 550 steps.
Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cup = 1/3 mile = 750 steps.
Bite-size chocolate candy (Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Butterfingers, etc.) = 1/2 mile = 1100 steps.
Fun size chocolate candy (Snickers, 3 Musketeers, Butterfingers, 1 regular peanut butter cup, etc.) = 1 mile = 2200 steps.
Full size chocolate candy bars (Snickers, 2 cup package of Reese's Peanut Butter cup, etc.) = 2.75 miles = 5800 steps.
King size chocolate candy bars (Snickers, etc.) = 5 miles = 11,000 steps.

EZMONEY 11-09-2005 11:23 PM

Hi Margie-
This is Angie here. I was reading thru the posts and saw your questions, so I thought I would answer.

-The posole is pretty filling itself. I sometimes make quesadillas to go with.

-The play at my daughter's hi-school was impressive. She was the house manager (with a bad case of laryngitis).
The students performed "The Triangle Factory Fire Project". It is based on a true story about a clothing factory - The Triangle Factory - in New York city that had a fire in 1911. Approx. 146 people died in a matter of 30 minutes. It was definitely a "drama", :stress: but these hi-school kids did a FANTASTIC job. :bravo: Their drama teacher is awesome and all the productions I have seen have been high quality.

-Can't wait for Harry. :flow1: I just bought The Prisoner of Azkaban on DVD!!

doitforme 11-10-2005 09:52 AM

Hi!

I just typed a long post and lost it all, I so hate when that happens, here goes again!
Mom To 5- Congrats on loosing another lb, way to go under 300. I like bowling even though I am not real great, it is fun.
E.z.- Prayers for Dennis, Zac, Amanda and the Markham family continue so gald that the girls were found, not usually the case. I love apple fritters haven't had one in long time, also cider donuts this time of year, making myself hungry gotta stop.I would settle for one 200 game, never happen, gotta bowl today, my highest is only 189 long ways to go. Glad neohew is doing better, with your love and support, and mentoring, he can't fail.
Mitchy- prayers for Denise, hope your soon feeling much better, sometimes a good cry helps.
Margie my visit with mom/dad/ and niece was really nice, I got to see her Physical therapist work with her, she has qualified for PT and speech therapy because she is delayed some, but she is gaining ground quickly.
Sprout- prayers things are soon going well, so nice to see you back, don't be a stranger.
Hi to all others I missed and Mia's I am doing fine off to bowling, then sewing outfits for play, off today and tom. and work overtime tom night 12m-7:30a $ for vacation. gott arun, have a good one.

PooMom 11-10-2005 11:56 AM

Gary, I’ve never been to the Carlsbad Street Fair... sounds like so much fun! I’ll try to get down there next time. Of course, that would be trouble for me because then I’d end up at The Forum. :smug:

Michelle, I’ve been praying for you. I used to have migraines and took injectable Imitrex, which was such a blessing. Anyway, I hope you’re feeling 100% by now!

My puppy Razzle and I graduated from beginning obedience class last night... now it’s on to beginner II (boy, do we ever need it!).

I’m off work today, and until Monday. Yippee! :carrot: 4 days off! I have a TON of things to do; lots of running around, paperwork, laundry, and a very messy house. Gee, that doesn’t sound like much fun, does it? Oh well, it’s better than going to work. :dizzy:

Hope you’re all having a great day! :wave:

Motherof 5 11-10-2005 04:21 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself

Hello everyone I have never done this before but, felt like I needed someone to talk to. I am 270 pounds at 5'5. My Goal is to get down to 175 so you see I have a long way to go. It has not been easy because I don't really have alot of time. With my 5 kids, 1 adopted, 1 by other woman my husband, and I keep my grandfather in the day who is sick. There is not alot of me time. I exercise in the mornings when I can and I try to eat right but, I just can't seem to stay focused. I quit and give up because it seems so impossible. Please pray for me I need the strength to continue! I am not happy with the way I look. I have not looked in a mirror in 3 years!

mom2fivesweeties 11-10-2005 05:07 PM

Good Thursday afternoon everyone! :wave:

Had weigh in today and was UP a half of a pound! :mad: :( On Tuesday's weigh in I stayed the same - what's happening??? My counselor at LAWL said that it's too early for a plateau so she switched some of my starches - with my knee on the mend I haven't been exercising but I'm going to start walking - I have to have a faster pace than this!! :D Call me impatient I suppose!

MOTHER OF 5: :welcome3: I'm 5'6" and started out at 316 so we have that plus the 5 kids in common. I have 26 more pounds to get to where you are! There IS hope! I'm at a stand still right now which has me upset, but I will NEVER give up on this quest - this is my LAST time to lose this weight and I WILL keep it off!

THANKS to all of you who are helping Abbi out with the postcards! She is so excited and can't wait to start receiving them!

Prayers for all of you and please pray this weight starts coming off me again!

Have a GREAT LONG weekend!

mom2fivesweeties 11-10-2005 05:57 PM

QUESTION FOR LOW CARBERS:

For all of you who are low-carbing -

What are the carbs you allow yourself to have and what carbs do you think are the ultimate weight loss ammo? Since I do LAWL, they call them starches and they said the lite bread, Wasa crackers, Melba toast, etc. were better than peas and corn and potatoes - it seems it would be just the opposite! I mean unprocessed is usually better, isn't it? I always figured if God made it, it was better than what us mere humans made!

I'm confused!!

Thanks for any help!

EZMONEY 11-10-2005 06:11 PM

Leaving For Las Vegas

BYE GALS :wave:

Bye gals~ Angie and I are leaving in an hour, to take Amanda to Las Vegas for that sports medicine conference, one of the colonels where she works is going too, plus the professor she met with last week at USC is the speaker~~ she will be GAINING knowledge while Angie and I are LOSING $$$ :lol: Amanda's boyfriend, Zac is flying out on friday night and will drive back with us on Sunday morning.

PRAYERS for all of you!!!!! GARY

PooMom 11-10-2005 06:16 PM

Motherof5, :wel3fc: I'm new here also. I'm thankful that we have friends to take this weight loss journey with. We can all pray for and encourage one another. :)

Edit to say...

Gary & Angie, travel mercies... have a great time in Vegas! :)

SunnyD57 11-14-2005 09:08 AM

Stop!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nksgslider.gif

STOP!!!
DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I BEGAN A NEW THREAD...

CLICK LINK BELOW:
LINK==> CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS #209

*~*~*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...unnyD_FF_2.gif
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shirl2005 12-10-2005 08:45 AM

Hi I am new.
I am a Christian and really need support. I have already gone from 200 lbs to 175. I am from Kansas and cold here. Brrrrrrr!!!! In the 20's but was -1. Warming up a little.
Hugs to all,
Shirl