3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #208 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/65828-christian-encouragers-208-a.html)

Mitchypoo 10-27-2005 07:44 PM

Hi Jill,
Yes, I am a spinner, as in, making yarn! What kind of dog fur do you have? I have spun dog fur before. Cat fur works well too and looks like Angora. I don't have all the time to spin anymore and i'm really into knitting right now. But i love spinning. And I have a bag of alpaca fur waiting for me to spin up too. Too much fur, so little time... :lol:

Hi Lori, thanks, ya, i'm better today. Except my tummy is still having problems.

Thank you for the prayers for Denise and please, continue. She is in bad shape, they think there are multiple masses, she's having a hysterectomy next Tuesday and they are keeping her in the hospital for 2 weeks of heavy duty chemo. She has a long road to haul.

PooMom 10-27-2005 08:02 PM

Michelle, I have a Standard Poodle and a Miniature Poodle. The Mini puppy just had his very lush, thick puppy fur shaved off... that's what I saved. You've probably already seen this site, but in case you haven't it has some interesting info on spinning dog hair. http://www.vipfibers.com/

I will be praying for Denise in the days ahead. The Lord knows who she is, but I'm just curious.... is Denise a relative or friend of yours, someone on the board, or ???

EZMONEY 10-27-2005 09:13 PM

Margie B-
Here is the Posole recipe - super easy to do

1 tbsp olive oil
1 lg onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 (15 oz) can white hominy
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (7 oz) can chopped green chili peppers, drained
1 (2 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into thin strips

In large pot over medium heat, combine oil, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cook, covered, until onions are tender.
Stir in broth, hominy, chile peppers, and olives. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat. Stir in chicken, cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink.

EZMONEY 10-27-2005 11:07 PM

HI GALS~~ NO TIME TONIGHT~~ I will come back tomorrow or Saturday and say hi to everyone.

MARGIE~ ANGIE SENT YOU THE ABOVE RECIPE.

POOMOM~~ I am your neighbor! Oceanside.....I just finished a job in Murrieta a few weeks ago off of Whitewood...off Murrieta Hot Springs....WELCOME

GOTTA GO~~ Nephew needs this computer and Angie is on the other one....

Prayers, Gary

mom2fivesweeties 10-27-2005 11:11 PM

Hi Poo Mom!! :wave:

Yes, I saw Ruby and Razzle - they are doll babies! I have a friend who has a standard poodle named Lady - she is the sweetest, most docile dog I've ever seen!

Thanks for the compliment on Frosty and Taz - I need to post a pic of Lady too - she is a little bit persnickety - the top dog! :lol:

Mitchypoo 10-28-2005 12:24 AM

Hi Jill,
Denise is a friend of the family. I knew her from a group i went to, and now my mom is going there and has known her for about 5 years. Thank you all for the prayers.

PooMom 10-28-2005 11:41 AM

Gary, you were only about 10 minutes from where I live. What do you do?

Lori, can't wait to see that pic of Lady.

Michelle, thanks for letting me know about Denise.

Yippee! I'm off work today. :carrot: I'm headed out to have a late breakfast with an old friend and then run some errands. It looks very dreary out, like it just might rain some.:rain: That's ok, I love the rain. I bought some pumpkin spice CoffeeMate the other day, and have been waiting for just the right time to try it. A rainy afternoon might be just the ticket!

Hope you're all having a great day!

doitforme 10-28-2005 05:39 PM

Hi there!

WELCOME JILL! - Glad you decided to join us, wow 10 mins from E.Z. I'd be popping in for some those yummy dinners :mcd: :hungry: :T :D he and angie are always making. Breeze by for take out.
M-kay- glad you came back and that you and hubby are well, we had snow most has melted now but we had about 6 inches.
Sherie- Prayers! that regroup went well it is so hard to focus when your busy and on the run.
Mitchy- prayers for Denise and her family, as well as you, hope your soon 100%
Wilma- pray all went well with joining your church, hard giving testimonies. But if you have found the right place it will all be worth it, love my church family.
Mom to 5 - CONGRATS down 9 inches and another lb, your doing awesome. Congrats on winning the contest, that sounds like a relaxing time, where you can check out the lights and enjoy the evening. Wow, bobbing for apples- haven't done that since I was a kid.
E.Z.- The Christmas play is actually really cool, its about how everyone worries about Christmas, it starts with moses and 5 prophets worrying if all the prophecy they foretold will come true and how, then about Zechariah and Elizabeth- being so old having a baby- Mary and Joseph - Mary being pregnant, where they will stay- The Shepherds and wisemen- finding the messiah- king Herod killing the Messiah ect. Lots and Lots of outfits to do.
It should be really good. Hi to everyone else, but gotta run-Sorry to cut it short Neighbor just came in, try to post again soon,

EZMONEY 10-28-2005 11:40 PM

Friday Night

HI GALS :wave:

Taking a few minutes to check in, Angie and I just got home from dinner and I am waiting for my food to digest...WHY DO I EAT TOO MUCH!? :dunno: We went to a local pub for hamburgers and beers. Kids are all at Halloween parties and nephew with his mom tonight. I'm gonna be :carrot: :love: :carrot: nice to my wife a little later ;)

Well, for those that asked~~ we never made it to the Oktoberfest last Sunday~~ by the time we finished up working on my ex's place..in BONSALL, POOMOM it was later than I wanted so we just stopped by In~N~OUT Burgers and came home. I did see the "judge" of the home brews at the Oktoberfest at the pub tonight and he said he had a ton left over in his fridge and will be bringing it to the Monday Night football game in a few weeks.

POOMOM~ Guess I was close to you last week. I do drywall work as a trade but my brother and I were off of Whitewood putting in new doors for a friend from our church in Vista, we have done numerous projects on his house. My wife and I have a couple of Golden Retrievers, Reba and Rylee, both almost 2 years old...there are a few pics in the past posts of them, I will try to get some more up~~~had to stop...I was BORING ;) the regulars with them for awhile! Could still get that rain :rain: soon....enjoy the pumpkin spice.

AUNT SUE~ I live about 45 minutes from Poomom, I was working about 10 minutes from her place awhile back...HOWEVER! You may "fly" in for dinner anytime ;) Well, have fun making projects for the Christmas show, guess it's the same old thing same as last year, huh? Baby Jesus, a few donkeys and a wise guy (ME) er...wise men! Thank GOD that I am forgiven for my sins!! Give our neices a hug!

MICHELE~ Prayers for Denise, my sister's name. How is the job hunting going?

LORI~ ANYONE SEEN LORI? OH! There you are skinny! Great job on the pounds/inches and the $$$$ gifts for the LAWL. My kids, ex-wife, and her significant other laid out $200 each for a chance to win a house from the Ronald McDonald organization, didn't win...but my ex's S.O. won $500! So cool for him. Now get after those boys! I can tell by their "look" that they are always IN to something ;) That goes for the big one too :lol: I'm sure the girls are Angels ;)

MKAY~ YEA!!!!!!! It's MKAY!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you have been busy! Guess you missed the news~~ Angie and I did go to Washington for the summer, after being home, we~~humm...mostly me~~ with her understanding and approval (GOSH! I LOVE MY WIFE!!) well, we decided that we should wait until the kids were a little "more gone" before we made the move permanent. We actually sold the house in ONE day...we should close escrow middle of next week. We can always go up and build another home, we just really weren't quite ready yet. Looks like you are doing pretty good...now get on that :coach:treadmill :tread: :coach:

WILMA~ You will be great on Sunday~~ Now me!, :tied: :ziplip: :bomb: :tantrum: :headache: :stress: :fr: I melt! PANIC~PANIC. We have a fairly large church, I played Jesus many times (OK! When I had hair and a beard~~Yes, that was a loooong time ago!) but I refused to have a speaking part! I can read from the choir loft~~ looking at the congregations backs! Or from my pew~~reading out of our bible or whatever Pastor needs me to...but...up in front! OUCH!! Now my kids?~ No problem~~Angie? Piece of cake! I will certainly pray for you...but dear~ nothiong to worry about! You are LOVED there! and here too!

MARGIE~ YOU'RE Killing me! ;) OHIO STATE?? COME ON~ Just stick 2 sticks in my eye!! How's little Miss Social doing with her tennis?

KYLNNTX~ Great to see you back. Sorry about those Astros, there was just no way the White Sox were going to lose this year...when you have that magic going ya just can't stop it! Close games though, I was hoping that Astros would win 3 straight and make it fun...oh, well. If the DODGERS aren't playing, I really don't know why anybody watches :lol: Great job by Richard! Angie and I walked a marathon a few years ago, our time was 5 hrs. and 43 minutes...there IS NO WAY!! NO WAY!! We could have gone another 5 miles :nono: And we trained for 6 months! We are thinking of training for another one, but it takes so much out of each day, maybe back to doing more 5 k's. My friend's daughter just ran the San Francisco marathon in 3:33, she is 27, and Angie's teacher friend did it in 3:43, she is 43...both train quite a bit though. I think I could've taken you in the driving part...wanna run 'em? :lol:

Well, off to bed...enjoy your week-ends everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :hb: to my nephew on Saturday~~ 15 years old.

Penny Mac 10-29-2005 10:28 AM

Hello everyone,
It'sbeen over a week since I'v been here, no weight loss this week :shrug: I have been keeping up with all the posts though. Welcome to all the recent joiners. :wave: Nothing much is happening here, just my husbby's bithday, yes I made him pumpkin pie, :)
I went to the library and got a couple of books, South beach diet and the Glycemic Index diet. They both sound good, but so does every diet I read about. Any thoughts?
Prayers go out to Denise and her family.
We are having a fall festivle at church, but we won't be going. It's geared to couples with young children and teens.
Time to get busy, our prayers for safety for those with young children going out on Halloween.
Penny Mac

mom2fivesweeties 10-29-2005 12:08 PM

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! :wave:

It is sunny and 52 gorgeous degrees here in southwestern Illinois. A beautiful fall day! Going to LAWL for my 10th visit in October - they have a promotion if you visit 10 times in Oct., 10 times in Nov. and 10 times in Dec. you get a $25.00 voucher for each month to use for products at the center. Not a bad deal! The rest of the day will be usual tidying up and home maintenance! Isn't it great to be a grown-up?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PENNYMAC: Tell hubby Happy Birthday! :woo: Have a GREAT day!

GARY: Thanks for the compliments! I'm not invisible yet, but slowly but surely getting there! :lol: And Abbi and I are laughing about your comment about the boys. OF COURSE my girls are ANGELS!! :angel: And you are SO RIGHT about my boys! You can just see it in their eyes, can't you? :rofl: They pretty much know not to mess with mama, even the oldest - I'm lots louder than any of them and 100% crazier! :rofl: Tell your nephew Happy Birthday! Fifteen is lovely, isn't it? Can you believe in a few years when my littles are over I'll have FOUR teenagers at the same time! :fr: :fr:

SUE: Thanks for the congrats!! The Christmas play sounds awesome! Lots of work, but worth it!

POOMOM: How was the pumpking spice? I'll dig out a pic of Lady soon!

STUFFED PEPPERS: How do you all do stuffed peppers in a lo-cal version? I know the peppers are fine and I'll use turkey ground meat. Is there a no sugar sauce or what spices and that do you all use? I thought maybe I could use brown rice too - Any suggestions?

Hi to everone and have a GREAT weekend! :carrot: :dance: :dancer:

PooMom 10-29-2005 05:19 PM

Gosh, it's a beautiful day today in SoCal! :sunny: I just got home from a dog show; not showing, just spectating. It was alot of fun, but I'm tired and about to take a nap but thought I'd check in first.

Sue, thanks for the welcome. I loved hearing about your Christmas play. What an interesting perspective. It sounds like you're in charge of costuming, yes?

Gary, (or do you prefer being called EZ?), :rofl: Isn't the growth up in my area amazing? I'm sure you could work loads of hours up here if you wanted to make the drive. What church do you attend in Vista? I get down there once in awhile; my vet is there. I'm in Fallbrook alot as well. BTW, here is my Ruby with her best friend Willie... see, we poodle folks don't discriminate!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...RubyWillie.jpg

Hi PennyMac! How was the birthday pie?

Lori, what is LAWL? I didn't get around to the pumpkin spice coffee yesterday, and today is too sunshiny. Maybe tonight.

For everyone on DST, remember to "fall back" tonight!

mom2fivesweeties 10-29-2005 06:15 PM

Hi Again!! :wave:

Down another 2.4 for a grand total of 17.4 pounds and 9 inches so far! :carrot:
Oh Yea, Lori is coming back stronger than ever!! :dance:

POOMOM: LAWL is LA Weight Loss - do you have those by you? It's a weight loss center sort of like Weight Watchers, but with personal attention.

I'll try to post Lady Girl on here -

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...TazandLady.jpg

wilma12 10-29-2005 06:39 PM

Saturday Afternoon

Hi everyone! It's a gorgeous day here today. I was the one who mentioned that we had snow. It melted and now we've had a couple of weeks of incredible weather. usually the snow stays around here by the end of Oct. today I saw someone walking in shorts. What a treat!! I'll take it as long as I can.

DH and I spent the afternoon shopping for some casual clothes. I again was able to buy some size 10 clothes. (Yes, they fit!) What a feeling!! I sometimes can't believe that I am so close to my goal and that I was once having to look at size 20 clothes. Praise God!!

Tomorrow is our big day in church. I'm not too worried about it - just knowing what to say is the problem. God has given us this church to be a part of and we're very thankful for that.

DH has burgers on the grill - one of the last times we'll be able to do that this year. Looking forward to it!

Talk to you soon!

mom2fivesweeties 10-29-2005 06:43 PM

Hi Wilma!

I'll be praying for you tomorrow! You will do fine! Send some snow down here! We love it and don't get much at all anymore!