3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Faith Based Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups-127/)
-   -   ♥ Christian Encouragers #208 ♥ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/65828-christian-encouragers-208-a.html)

SunnyD57 09-30-2005 08:59 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...shappyfall.gif

Hi gang :wave:
I hope that everyone is doing well and busy with all the Fall Fun :^:
Joe and I have a day planned tomorrow of breakfast out with our friends, a bit of grocery shopping and then home to do a bit of Fall yard cleaning and planting. We bought some tulip bulbs and daffodil bulbs that need to be planted. And then on Sunday after church Joe & I are going with our friends on a *Century Home Tour* of 6 homes filled with furniture and items of the 1800's --- allot of fun to do on an Autumn day! Then we will go out to dinner with our friends and call it a day...

What are you all doing this weekend? :D

*~*~*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../birthday1.gif

I bet that MaryKay is celebrating her birthday!
*Happy Birthday* sweetie! Hope that all these posts for BD wishes bring you back to us ;)

Hi Gary,
I will continue to keep Dennis in my prayers! In a way... it's a good thing that it has nothing to do with the cancer. Maybe he will heal faster... *Prayers* Congrats on selling your time share :cp:

Hot!!??? What's that?? We had a HIGH if 58* and in went into the 40's last night here and is 54* right now... burrrr... Fall is here!!! You should see our trees against the deep blue sky, absolutely beautiful!!! They are going to be bright and beautiful this year!

As for your genes... it's all where your mind is ---> *You are as YOUNG as you THINK you are* :D and YES!!! Joe knows where I AM but he is gone again tonight --- the only night this week he was home was Monday night! He has had either a meeting or a rehearsal every night... he is at a Choral rehearsal for a men's group tonight :) Thank-goodness for weekends... I get to have some time with him!!

Hey there guy... you watching *NCIS* on Tuesday nights still? Good show!!! Tonight is *Numb3rs*... luv that show too!!! So Gary... do you think that the Aussie and the Dr in *Lost* are related? Someone thought that they might be 1/2 brothers... what do you think?

Hi Rachel!
:lol: Yes... you did... :lol: Good job in your results from going to Curves!! :bravo:

Hi Lori,
You should be so proud of yourself sweetie!!!! Packing your own lunch like you did! :cp: You are so right about Buffets... it is not a place to go to when you are trying to drop weight!! YOU GO GIRL!!! :cheer: :bravo: Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!! Sounds like you had a lovely day with your friend :)

Hi Jonathan,
It's gonna be great having you and Gary here fighting for our attentions... :lol: Sounds like you have a lovely family!! Joe & I don't have any children (long story) but we do have 3 furry kids (cats) :D And we have been married for 30 years this past June. My hubby Joe is a singer and a music director for a 25 person choir... that is too kewl that you are a MD also :) How many in your choir? How long have you been doing it? Do you sing also? My Joe is a tenor and also sings for Weddings and Funerals when needed...

I will surely keep your wife, Tina, and your children in my *Prayers* about going to church... prayers can be very powerful Jonathan... just believe with all your heart when you ask in prayer. And try hard not to tug on your family so much about going to church, but on the Lord's robe in prayer more ;) You cannot change your family, but you can change you and how you approach them... I will also lift up your family in prayer! God Bless you... stay true to God and believe that things can and will change.

Hi Michele,
Good luck with your garage sale this weekend!!! Hope you do well my friend... sounds like you are having a great time with your mother there. WoW! Next week you move... bet you cannot wait!

Well... time for me to call it a night...
Sure do hope all you MIA's come back real soon.
Have a WONDERFUL Weekend!!
*Good Night and God Bless*
*Smiles*
<><

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...est_SunnyD.gif

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

mom2fivesweeties 09-30-2005 09:53 PM

Hello Everyone! :wave:

It's a beautiful Friday evening here in southwestern Illinois - 60 degrees! I just love fall! My oldest actually went grocery shopping with me today and we bought $200.00 worth of groceries which isn't too bad for 7 of us! Most of it was fruit, veggies, lean meats, etc. for mommy to get healthy! And everyone else is getting healthy too! :)

SUNNYD: Your weekend sounds so nice! We ordered some crocus bulbs and giant hyacinth bulbs from Breck's this year. They haven't come yet, but when they do we'll be busy! We bought lots! I think hyacinths smell the best of ALL flowers, including roses which I have plenty of too! The Century Home Tour sounds great! We are history buffs here and it sure sounds like something we would love to do! Have a great time! :thanks: for your sweet comments about my weight loss and bringing my lunch to my friend's house - every little thing we do to help our progress really WILL pay off won't it? Have FUN tomorrow and Sunday!

MICHELE: Good luck with the yard sale and your move! It's such a stressful time - I always freak out when I have a lot on my plate - prayers going up for your sanity, dear!!

Plans for this weekend - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Chris has a birthday party at the local bowling alley tomorrow - not much else going on - Sunday is Sunday School, church, and then we are all going to mom and dad's except for Mike who works at Wal-Mart on Sundays - :(

Well, better get the kids on their going to bed mode - have a GREAT weekend!!

wilma12 10-01-2005 12:50 PM

Hi everyone! I've been having trouble getting through to this site. My computer is ancient and is sometimes very stubborn. I've had a great week. Tuesday evening we were without power for 3 hours. I didn't get to watch The Amazing Race but I did have a nice candle light visit with DS.

I was on course for Thurs and Fri so I had a break from work and hopefully learned some things that I can take back to work with me.

Today I am going fabric shopping with my DIL so I can start working on their quilt. Should be fun! Stitching in the evening keeps me out of the fridge. :lol:

I'm glad to see it's been busier around here lately and that there's been some weight loss happening. YEAH! Welcome to Jonathon! Your family is in my prayers.

Talk again soon!

EZMONEY 10-01-2005 01:22 PM

Saturday Morning

:wave: HI GALS and GUY

I just spent an hour this morning to e-mail all my friends...ok~~both of them :lol: to explain the Washington situation.

Beautiful morning here in California, Angie is heading up to Ventura county to visit her mom and sister for the week-end so I am a free man!! FOOTBALL~BEER~PIZZA!!! :lol: She is having a Partylite show too, so maybe she will bring back some $$$ ;)

we went to Soup Plantation last night, all you can eat salad and soup, Angie's favorite restaurant...I just can't help stuffing myself like a freakin' turkey :yes: As we walked out I told her it's crazy to go to a place with food GOOD for you and then walk out feeling so BAD!! She doesn't have that problem! But boy I sure do!

We have movers moving our new couch, chair and ottomans, and drywall ladders and scaffolding from the house in Washington down here~~they were supposed to be there at 5pm on Thursday....got there at 10pm last night~~ just how are real estate agent wanted to spend his Friday night :lol: ..showing them what to take. There was a TV, dishes, pots and pans, towels, table and chairs, computer desk, patio chairs, etc. that we donated to a family up there from hurricane Katrina...our neighbor up there is a pastor at a church in town, their church has adopted the family. Stuff goes to a good cause and saves us $$$ in shipping!

Thank you all for the prayers for Dennis. My daughter told me that they are still doing tests, he is back home, the doctors have allowed him to go back to work~~computer software stuff~~ but not drive. My future son-in-law...ahhh! :lol: will be taking him to the train and then another friend/employee will pick him up and take him back to the depot and send him home each day for now. To be honest, I don't think they need the $$$, it's just that dennis can not sit still, and with the unknown of the cancer, in remission now, well, he just wants to keep on living! He is a christian!!

JONATHAN~ Prayers for your wife and family. All you can do, which I am sure you have, is to keep praying and inviting without criticizing or being hollier than thou!n Doesn't sound like that is a problem for you. You just never know what will happen to turn it around. The seeds were planted though, you can be sure of that.

LORI~ Hey girl! you sure do have your hands full with those kids~~MY NEW HERO! Great work on the shopping. My daughter went by the veggie/fruit store yesterday after jury duty and brought home $20 worth of fruit! She always walks in the house "craving fruit" for a snack. Glad the weather is nice there, going to call my mom this afternoon and WISH MY GRANDMA A HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY :hb:

MKAY~ :hb:

MICHELE~ Have a safe trip "back home"...looks like we are both coming back at the same time :lol: The fires in Ventura should be out by the time you get here. Hope you make $$$$ at the sale.

AUNT SUE~ Prayers for your friend still coming from here.

MARGIE~ Thanks for getting that off to Juan. He e-mailed me yesterday and said he is safe but there are some boys in an area near him not doing so well. Prayers for your nephew!

SUNNYD~ Have fun at the home show, sounds cool :cool: Angie wanted to "get into" that numbers show, but just couldn't stay awake...she actually watched for a little bit last night too before she went out. I haven't yet had the chance to see NCIS this year with all that has been going on, as far as LOST...hummm...could be on to something there. It has been in the 90's here the last 4 days, supposed to cool down a little today.

Well, off to do some laundry before USC WINS!!

I might go to the Vikingfest after the game....will fill you in if I do.

Enjoy your week-end gals!...and guy!

Gary...don't forget to WORSHIP!!

EZMONEY 10-01-2005 01:24 PM

HI WILMA! Maybe I should have Angie send you some Partylite candles so you can visit with DS some more! Have fun shopping....................

Penny Mac 10-02-2005 04:25 PM

Hi, I'm new to this group, and I have about 18 lbs to lose till my gaol weight. :dance: I want to be down by Christmas, but will settle for 12 lbs off.
I'm retired as an administrative assistant, but am thinking I would like to work part time if the Lord would open up that door. My husband has diabetis, so we don't really a lot of junk in the house, but once a month I try and fix a special dessert for us.
Our daughter just had to move back home and is finishing up her degree and is also on a diet. Exercise is a problem because I have fibromylgia, (which is why I had to retire)
We are starting Body by God in our Church as part of small group ministry, and we will be joining that.
We live in northwest Ohio, and have been enjoying the cool weather, I look forward to falll every year, this is my favorite time of the year. :) A time to get out the sweaters and warn clothes.
Gary, are you in the fire area in CA? Every year we see the fires out there and I think maybe NW Ohio isn't that bad, just flat and open.
Glad I found all of you.
Penny Mac

EZMONEY 10-02-2005 06:11 PM

Sunday

HI EVERYONE :wave:

Just finished fertilizing the grass....er...watching Ron do it! So nice to have him in "trouble" on the week-end...makes it a lot easier on me :lol: Poor nephew ;) Hey, it's good for him :lol:

Church was cool today. Sermon was on staying focused on Christ, what is our purpose on earth.

Well my USC TROJANS won in a tough game yesterday...good thing Angie wasn't home to hear my :coach: yelling! My RAIDERS are ahead now but I'm sure that won't last!

OH! AND WHILE I WAS WATCHING THE GAME~~REBA JUMPED OUT THE LIVINGROOM WINDOW....WENT TO SEE ANOTHER GOLDEN RETRIEVER ACROSS THE STREET THAT WAS WALKING, I THINK SHE THOUGHT IT WAS RYLEE OR ANOTHER GOLDEN THAT IS A FRIEND OF OURS...NOT SURE...BUT WHAT A SURPRISE...AND NOT A NICE ONE EITHER...YA SEE I LIVE IN A TRI-LEVEL HOUSE....THAT WINDOW IS AT ABOUT 7 FEET HIGH AT THE BOTTOM OF IT...SHE IS OK. BUT THIS DOG DEFINETLY HAS ISSUES!

PENNY MAC~ WELCOME! Glad to have you here. Thanks for asking but I am not near the current fires, they are in the Los Angeles inland area, I live north of San Diego and coastal. With the big fires we had a couple of years ago, one got within 15 miles of us, we had a ton of smoke in the air for 3-4 days from all of them, but we were never in any danger from the fires themselves. The current ones in LA are near my SIL and MIL...but they are far enough away and in no danger. Last year my neice's car broke down on the freeway near opened land, her car caught on fire and it spread to the land....burned several hundred acres, tons of firemen and trucks and planes..she made the Los Angeles news....the fire not her name...minor...anyway the land was just fields of brush...no damage really and no one hurt...no cost to her because it wasn't her fault. Any time there's a fire in Los Angeles County though we always ask "WAS MANDY DRIVING?" :lol: As far as your weight goes...shoot for your goals...but settle for WHATEVER you lose and keep going forward...what if you only lose 11...are ya gonna quit? :nono: :no: :nono: Of course not!You will discover other friends here from OHIO....great gals. Good luck in your search to find the right part time job or maybe volunteer work. Prayers for your family's health.

Well, Angie is home...think we are gonna wash her car...later,

Prayers for all~~Gary

mom2fivesweeties 10-03-2005 12:13 AM

Hi Everyone!! :wave:

I hope you all had a great weekend! We were pretty busy - well, duh - with 7 of us, of course we were! :lol: Chris had a great time at the birthday party for his friend, Cory. He bowled a 108 and had never bowled a game in his life. His first ball was a strike! This kid is just naturally gifted athletically. We ran errands and cleaned house on Saturday. Today we went to church and then to mom and dad's. Boy, it sure turned warm here again. We had beautiful fall weather for a couple days and then BAM! Summer is back! :o

Our church sells apple butter every year and this coming weekend is IT! We peel on Friday and cook it on Saturday - it's really a lot of fun - we do it as it's been done for years in the big vats over open fires. Our church is 160+ years old so it's pretty cool doing all the traditions -

GARY: I cannot believe Reba jumped out the window!! :o I'm so glad she is okay! As you said in your other post, we DEFINITELY have our hands full with the kids, but we DID know going in! :lol: They called us several times from India every time Chelsi had another seizure just to keep us posted what was going on. Apparantely the seizures delayed the growth of her brain. Her head is very tiny. There were doctors from Michigan that actually went over there for the agency to check on our girls, and they didn't think Chelsi would be very high functioning at all! WELL SHE SURPRISED EVERYONE! :cp: She got straight A's in her special ed classes for mid terms! We have high expectations for her and she strives to reach them. And the boys - well, we knew what went on there too - I always say that God has a sense of humor - I couldn't have any more children after I had Mike, and I prayed for a solution - well, look what we have now!! Tell Grandma Happy 90th!!! :woo:

PENNY MAC: WELCOME!! You will love it here! :cloud9:

WILMA: Wow! I'd LOVE to work on a quilt, but wouldn't have a clue how to get started! :lol: I need something to keep the hands busy too!

SUNNYD: Thanks for the encouragement on my weight! I go again on Tuesday - I hope it just keeps going down! I sure have been a good girl!! :angel:

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!

Have a WONDERFUL week!!

:dance:

wilma12 10-03-2005 09:10 AM

Good Morning Everyone!!

It's Monday and the start of a new week. Why do weekends go so fast?? We had a relaxing day yesterday. We went to church in the a.m. and then had a nice chicken dinner after. Then we just relaxed, watched a movie, etc. Really nice! Our pastor has been doing a series on healing of emotions, hard hearts, bodies, etc. Each service has been so moving. Thank God we have HIM to rely on. Where would we be?

Lisa: Apple butter! I haven't had that in ages. Sounds so yummy. And to be able to get together with others to work sounds like fun. I miss those days.

I love quilting. I find it so relaxing after a busy day. My DIL chose navy, cherry red and beige as her colours. I can hardly wait to get started.

Gary: What's up with that dog? I'm glad she wasn't hurt. I have to ask a dumb question. Was your window open? Up here we have screens on our windows to keep the bugs out so I'm picturing her going through that.

Penny Mac: Welcome to our group! This is a great group of people who will support you and rejoice with you when you have victory. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing.

It's that time again. Better get off to work.

Have a great day!

Penny Mac 10-03-2005 09:48 AM

Hay, everyone. Gary, glad to hear you are safe.
I would like to reach my goal, but have trouble with exercise. 3x's a week i'm scheduled for physical therpy. I go into the pool for a physical therapy class called "hinges and twinges", designed be the Arthritis Foundation. The only nice thing about this is I'm the youngest one there. :) .

My husband and I rarely eat out because it is hard for him to stay with his diet,most places give way too much food and we never go to a family style buffet.

We had great services yesteday, both am and pm. We belong to a church of about 1800 people, lots going on, and opportunities for ministry.

13 weeks till Christmas and my goal weight. :jig:
Penny Mac

doitforme 10-03-2005 10:20 AM

Hi there!

Sorry I have been MIA, but been really busy with work ect. My car just got towed to garage with broken transmission lines, rusted through from salt in winter, and have been fighting a stomach bug for a coupledays, but overall doing good. My staff that was on life support, currently is out of ICU she still is in a coma, but is showing more reactions to stimuli. She is not brain dead, she is off ventilator. So appreciate all your prayers. I camp this coming weekend, last weekend of the season, can't believe it is Oct already. But has been nice last couple days.
E.Z.- Keeping Dennis in my prayers, congrats on selling, glad that is all working out.
Mom2to 5- I have a seasonal site, where I leave my camper set up all summer, its so much fun.
Sunny- Hi there- Love NCIS, it continues to be really good, and the numbers agree with ya there!
Johnathan- Welcome- prayers for you and your family. Only God can changes hearts.

doitforme 10-03-2005 10:24 AM

continued-

Wilma- I love the amazing race, they have a family from New York City on this one, that do nothing but drip sarcasm at each other, could do without them.
M-Kay- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Pray all is well.
Mitchy- Prayers that your trip and getting setup in new apt, goes well. Will be so nice being near your family.
Pennymac- Welcome! Fibromyligia can be extremely painfull, your in my prayers
Sorry this was quick, skimmed to see what had gone on, try to be more active, hopefully things will slow down more. Prayers for all! God Bless! See ya!

EZMONEY 10-03-2005 08:22 PM

Monday Evening

HI GALS :wave:

A quick check in today. Spent most of the day cleaning house, off today...back to work tomorrow...power went out on our job so I had a day off.

WILMA~ Yes! The window was open, it was a warm day, Reba just jumped right through the screen...she didn't break it though, I was able to put it back.

LORI~ Great job bowling by Chris! My neice, Summer, bowls, she has a 145 avg. but last week she shot a 220~189~171! Looking pretty good for high handicap series. I bowled for many years, I haven't in quite a while though...shoulder...I was pretty good...could carry a 193 avg. at our home town alley...not anywhere else though!

PENNY MAC~ Keep up the good work in the pool!

AUNT SUE~ AWWW! Camping season almost over already? How close are you to that tradgedy with the site seeing boat and the senior citizens? Sad.

Well, I have to get dinner going...keep praying for Dennis...the latest news is nnot good...he went out with my daughter's boyfriend yesterday (his son) to play catch...couldn't get motor skills working on throwing or catching easy toss...hands not working well, with computer work he needs fingers to work with the brain....not good right now...thanks for your prayers.

Gary

doitforme 10-04-2005 02:30 PM

E.z.-

Hi guy! Sorry to hear that Dennis is having more problems, hard when it conflicts with work something some would escape into. The boat incident where 20 seinors died when boat capsized is only about 1/2 hour from me it is between where I live and where my parents live. They still are not sure what happened. There are some bigger boat, actually small ships that cruise the Lake as well. Supposedly one of them caused a large wave, which helped turn the boat over, and it happened so quickly they couldn't get the stowed life jackets out. There was also only one crew person, the captain, and they will be fined for that, in reality it probably wouldn't have mattered if there were more. The lake is deep and getting colder at this time. It was a terrible tradgedy. Last weekend, of camping, till next year. Just when fall is getting nice, cold enough to really enjoy the fire, and seeing the beautiful colors on all the maple trees ect. I am feeling better, off work today and tom. I am also car less, my transmission lines ruptured and need to be replaced, I had it towed in and got the estimate for the work yesterday, $600. There goes my Christmas club that just came in, Merry Christmas to me. Other than waiting on that just playing on computer. Going to check out some craft ideas for Christmas presents. Catch ya later.Oh Well, God bless, see ya all later!

Jonathan_d50 10-05-2005 12:08 AM

xxx
Hello all, welcome Penny! Penny are on Nutri Diary also? there is a lady there with that name.I I heard about 3fc through one of her posts.
Gary, if you talk to the dog the way you talked to me.......
no wonder she jumped out the window :joker: lol jk.
I want to tell each of you just how thankful I am for your prayers! There is no way I could tell you what It means to me.
Sunny, sad to say we don't have an organized chior at this time . My church runs around 50 people on the average in the AM and 20 in the PM. What we lack in size we make up for in love and Christian service!what prayer warriors we are blessed with there ! Pastor Brian and I sing to gether quite often.I can sing pretty much any part but bass, but we have wonderful Spirit led services.
Please remember to pray for the families of those lost in the boat accident! Many of them are with in 20 or thirty miles of here where I am.
Weighed in this week and DrumRoll please........................
I am down 6 lbs from last week!!! That means only one more lb to go in the first phase of creating a healthier me!
251, so maby next week I'll get to create a new weight loss graph!
OK, better go, been rambeling on too long.
You all are precious! :D
love,