Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Have a great time, Jackie and we'll 'see' you when you return
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #62  
4 gr8 ones

Have Fun Jackie. Be careful, our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:50 AM   #63  
4 gr8 ones

[email protected]

Okay ladies I started a yahoo group for us. If you would like to join. It's funner to post there and we can make photo albums of our progress as well as our families. I also like it because when a message is posted it comes straight to your email and you can reply right there without having to go to a different website.
What do you think? Would you like to give it a try?
The link above is to subscribe. The Group name is Mamas For Christ First. Let me know what you think. It's for more than losing weight it's fellowship. In fact, it's everything we get here plus some. It's our own "group" or "club".
Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #64  
4 gr8 ones

All right, I got in over 13 minutes on the bike when the cat climbed my curtain and pulled it and the rod down. Stopped to fix it. Then I got over 9 minutes when the first arguement broke out with my kids. I thought that was sufficient as I was sweating. Then I did 15 sit ups because after having 4 kids and my baby is only 5 months, my abs AREN'T strong enough to go on and on. I feel good but decided that I won't exercise while my kids are awake unless I don't get up earlier enough to. It wasn't that bad but it's much better in the morning.
I feel good however. Breakfast was 425 calories. OJ, toast and a fruit cup.
Hope everyone is doing well. Talk later.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Cool Good Morning!

Hello! Hows everybody?
Sounds like you are having an eventful morning Crystal!Way to go on gettin your workout in!
I tried the groups link but nothing happened....I have never used Yahoo groups before..is it pretty simple?

It's a beautiful day today...Im going to get packing and then try to take the kids outside this afternoon

Iva- Thanks for your concern - but Iam not really on a 'diet' -I was doing the Body For Life program and having great progress on it- I am still sort of following the weights/cardio aspect but not going all out-as for the eating I am still using the way their program has 6x meals a day -balancing protein and whole grains, fruits and vegs..(iam adding a bit more fat though)..I find if I dont plan out my meals or eat frequently I go back to my old ways of bingeing and making unhealthy food choices...I am trying to figure out how to calculate around how many calories I need per day depending on my activity level
the sad thing about our doctors here is they dont really try to give you info. even when you ask -they are so busy...currently we have 2 doctors for over 7000 people so they work at the hospital and the clinic and are pretty burnt out....One is now on holidays and there is now NO maternity services for this month! With the closest town a 4 hour drive away it is SCARY!
I think I will be going to stay with family when the time nears..
Ive tried to get in to the nutritionist but she is away until September.
For now I will just try and eat healthily...and drink lots of water!
Thanks for having tea with me! We went out to celebrate dh last shift of his 12 day marathon-so I had earl grey tea (I also agree its good with milk and sugar-I use splenda) and a couple sips of his coffee!

Jacquie- Have a good holiday! And a Very Happy Birthday!!
I will try and post again before I leave..its also my sis's bday today so I have to go bake the cake I almost forgot about!!
Hope you all have a great day
Hello To You Raechel!
TTFN
Karla
Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #66  
4 gr8 ones

Karla, I'm not sure why the link didn't work. If you search Yahoo groups in any search engine they are categorzed. I put this one under family...I think. I've never had problems with them.
I like it because like I said before I get the actual message in my email and can reply there. I don't like coming to this site it's so slow to come up. Maybe only me though.
Let me know if you find it. If not I'll see what I can do.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:12 PM   #67  
4 gr8 ones

Okay, I tried this and it worked. Hopefully it will work for you.
*************.com/group/mamasforchristfirst
Old 07-13-2005, 07:47 AM   #68  

Exclamation Boy, I have really got to get back on track!

Good morning! I'm sitting here having my first cup of tea for the morning (tea really is quite tasty

Ladies, I am telling you. I have got to get my tail in gear and get back on track!

Yesterday was DH's day off and we spent all day running errands. Well, we were out of town around lunch time, so we went out for lunch. (First of all, let me back track by saying that I didn't eat any breakfast that morning). We ate at Ryan's. For any of you who might not know what it is, it's a buffet place and their yeast rolls are heavenly

I started out with a salad (good) but added not only a bit of cheese but bacon bits as well...and don't forget the house dressing--and no, I didn't dip my fork. I poured dressing over my salad...not a lot, mind you...but enough for my good salad to be not so good.

Then I had a grilled chicken breast (good), some steak fries (fried--not so good), some mac n cheese (homestyle, big no no) and some chocolate covered raisins. *sigh* It was good. I ate too much. I know this because I had that full feeling.

I didn't get one lick of formal exercise in yesterday. None whatsoever. I had left over spaghetti last night and salad.

The good news is my scale didn't tip one way or the other...

So, starting today, I told DH that I would get the kids to bed on time and we would start going to bed earlier, too. My daughter starts prek soon and if I keep this up, she won't be able to stay awake during class!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:11 PM   #69  

Question Good afternoon--kinda quiet

I hope everyone is doing well.

After three days of staying at 179, I am finally down to 178 (what I originally started last week as).

I've been reading success stories and the maintainers forums and I got really motivated! I know I have to kick it in gear daily.

So...here goes nothing!

I would like to ask that you keep my husband in your prayers tomorrow around 1 pm EST. I really don't wish to go into it, but your prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #70  

Its been really hard for me to loose this weight. I've been praying that it would get easier but it just hasn't. I feel like giving up and throwing in the towel but I just can't I've lost 29 lbs. so far. When I look at my goal weight it just seems so far away. I don't know if any of you have dreams like this but in my dreams I'm thin. I know God wants me to be happy either way. I need to be content now in Him and not in what weight I am.
I am happily married to a wonderful man, we have been married for 4 1/2 years. I have a daughter from a previous relationship she is 15 years old. Together we have a 11 month old son. We are planning on having more. I desperately want to lose weight before I get pregnant again. You see I am not using birth control at all (b/c we want to get pregnant) I am breastfeeding and b/c of that I have NOT gotten my period back. So I can get pregnant at anytime. I think the weightloss I have had is due to the bf. Don't know.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #71  

If I'm reading your siggie correctly (it's not showing up properly) you've lost 29 lbs which means you're at 146 right now, right? Hun, you only have 26 more pounds to go...you're more than half way there! You can do this! We're here to help in any way we can.

Chances are some of you weight loss is due to BF, but hey girl...don't knock it! It's a healthy way to lose the weight.

You can do this!
Old 07-16-2005, 08:10 AM   #72  
4 gr8 ones

I'm here. I haven't been getting email updates about this site. Anyways...
Welcome Rakkoon. I'm Crystal, almost 28 years, been married almost 10 years and have four kids. Alisa is almost 7, Ally is 4, Andrew is 2 1/2 and Allison is 5 1/2 months.
You're just on a plateau. You can kick it girl. If you're nursing and not having a cycle then you can't get pregnant so use this time as you're time to get thin and healthy BEFORE you can get pregnant. Or else you'll be like me and before EVERY pregnancy I've lost anywhere from 15 to 25 pounds. Then you have to start all over when it's done.
Where is Karla?
Hi Iva. How are you? I went grocery shopping last night and got PLENTY for my new healthy eating lifestyle. LOTS of veggies and fruits. I'll do that 24 hour flush on Monday I think, but I'll start eating good starting today. I'll exercise at some point.
Raechel, I know you're busy. Hope you can drop in soon.
Okay ladies, I hear Allison awake and she always wakes with a dirty diaper, so I got to go. I'll check back later.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:50 AM   #73  

Cool Whoo hooo!

Good morning!

As I posted on the Yahoo Group, my husband starts his vacation on Monday None of us can wait because last time he had his vacation, he had to cut it short because he was needed at the store. It really bummed us all out Pray that things go smoothly at the store next week where he WON'T need to be called on

We'll be leaving early Tuesday morning for Wild Adventures in Valdosta. So, I won't be on the boards until probably Thursday--if not Friday. Don't worry if you don't see me...just keep me and the family in your prayers

Needless to say, since we're leaving and DH starts his vacation on Monday, I want to get all my chores done. Busy busy busy. I've got to clean the car out as well as gut the kids' bedroom. Wow! What a chore. But I know I'll feel better coming home to a clean, uncluttered house. Besides, God willing, we'll be moving to a larger place soon, so it's good that I gut now...less to move later!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:28 AM   #74  
4 gr8 ones

Hi Iva. Have lots of fun on your vacation. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:10 AM   #75  

Hello ladies. I came to this board years ago.... as life would have it, here I am again! I'm a homeschooling mom with 5 kids. They're all healthy, and I want to be too! I need to be so I can keep up with them!!! I have about 40 lbs to lose, and just restarted the South Beach diet about a week ago. Hope you have room for one more in your "family" here!!
Closed Thread