Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:38 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I would write down my weight loss goals. That seems to keep me on target. Also, maybe repeating a mantra to yourself each and every day -- God loves me. I am His child. I am losing to weight to become healthy...etc

Good luck!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #137  

Hi!
Are you still taking recruits?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:13 PM   #138  

definitely!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:46 PM   #139  
Bonnie

Default Hi

Hello is anyone here a lutheran? that's what I am. I'm in the wisconsin synod. I live in wi, I'm 24 years old and I have 30lbs to lose, would anyone like to buddy up? I don't have any kids yet, but me and my husband are hoping to start in april. that's why I want to lose weight by april, so I can have a healthy pregnancy. And I want to be a good example for my future children.
Merry christmas to all, and let us never forget the true meaning of christmas.
Which is jesus christ coming to die on the cross for us.
happy holidays,
bonnie
Old 01-03-2006, 05:51 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone , I am a CSAHM . Together my husband and I have 7 kids , 1 grandchild . I am over weight and not in great health , I go for an MRI today for a knee injury , I believe it is a torn tendon. I am desperate to lose this weight and I have been praying for guidance and God's will , I know He doesn't want this temple to be out of shape and unhealthy. I pray that we can uplift one another and encourage each other to lose the weight . I need to serioulsy lose 100 pounds , but will be happy with the 1st 5. God bless.
higherfaith.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:02 AM   #141  

You have come to the right place...welcome
Old 01-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #142  

Exclamation

QUESTION FOR THE BOARD:

Do you think we should create a new thread? Maybe call it Christian Stay At Home Moms #2 and create a new one every week or so? I mean, we're up to over 140 posts...

I'd hate for important things that were said to get lost.

Whatcha think?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #143  

I wanted something light for dinner last night ;I took some crab meat (imitation) and I placed it down on a wrap, then I made a light sourcream sauce with spices and I drizzled that over the crab and then I layed jullianed cucumbers.green peppers and tomatoes and lettuce over the top of that and then sprinkled with a little cheese and had a wonderful crab wrap for supper! it was yummy! I had 1/2 an apple later on that night.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #144  

Sounds wonderful! Yum~
Old 01-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #145  

this morning for breakfast I had 1 piece of whole grain toast , lightly buttered with a tomato and a thin think piece of Havarti cheese , and then I melted it and cut it into 4 slices , to make me feel like I am getting more than I am , and then I had a small coffee cup of 2% milk , oh I sprinkled italian seasonings on top ... no salt.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #146  

Here I am still finding new threads and am feeling overwhelmed. I want to see everything right away so I can get connected . Yes, I am impatient. I need to read as far back as I can so I can get to know you all. It will be a job but I'm lokking forward to it.
Higherfaith...7 kids!! That's awesome. How do you do it all? Are you exhausted? I will pray for your knee stuff. God diesn't want this temple to be in bad health and He's the One Who will help you get to the best you can be. I believe and ask it everyday because I am failing doing this myself!
I'm going to watch "The Biggest Loser". Yes, unfortunatly I'm a little bit of a reality TV junky. That's hard to confess!!
Mel
Old 01-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #147  

Default CSAHM in Eastern NC

Hi, i'm a new csahm, i think it's awesome you guys have started this forum....i am trying to lose weight and also need some encouragement with my spiritual life!! i haven't been to church in a few months, me and my baby were really sick for the first month, but my husband and i finaly made the decision to find a new church. the church nursery was a bit questionable, and the church itself is just extremely strict and uptight. But we haven't been visiting any other churches yet....has anyone else gone thru a situation like this? i am sort of depressed, becuase the church we left was the one we both got saved in, and it was pretty much our lives...I am sorry, i'm rambling on about non-weight-loss issues...anyway, i am excited to be here, and already feel better that i have found lots of my kind! *smile* looking very forward to getting to know some of you!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #148  

Well, here's what I'm doing....cutting calories. it really does work. My sister majored in health science, and she told me most females burn 1500 calories a day doing nothing. so, if you eat about 1200 calories, and take a nice walk every day, there's no way you can't lose weight! she said the biggest thing that helps most people lose weight, is to keep a food diary (add up the calories). i did, and realised i was eating about 2500 to 3000 a day!!! i then realised thats how many calories it takes to keep my 170 pound figure! i devised a new diet plan for 1000 calories a day, that way if i mess up and eat a little junk food, i should be ok. i'm pretty positive i'll lose weight. oh and an awesome tip i learned the other day....making love is worth about 300 calories! so, we can lose a whopping 300 calories every day and make our husbands happy! *smile* well thats my plan!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:01 AM   #149  

Hi and welcome.

I recordered The Biggest Loser and plan on watching it sometime today. True story: I emailed the show and said I loved the premise of it--for the most part. I told them that the final weigh ins were bogus because the scale didn't account for muscle gained vs fat lost. Needless to say, I haven't heard from them since...LOL

Meg -- When my husband received his promotion, we had to move to a city an hour away. This forced us to find a new church. There is one right down the street from my house -- very small...around 200 members, with around 40 attending at any given time.

New churches take a lot to get used to, but I feel if you aren't comfortable there, it's not the place for you. I'm not saying you should go to a church that doesn't speak of salvation and sin, I'm just saying, if you don't feel particularly welcomed there, then it's probably not the place for you.

Keep looking. The church I left, took me two years to find...and I passed by it every day! Let God lead you. He'll tell you where He wants you guys to be.

Blessings
Old 01-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #150  

Hey everyone! I have been on my life changing eating habits for a week and I have already lost 5 pounds!! I know most of that was water , but wow I am starting to believe that I will indeed lose this weight. I want to lose 55 pounds this year and if you break that down into pounds a month , that is only 4 to 5 pounds a month ! Glory to God , I know that I know my God is helping me through prayer. Friggykitty 7 kids are not that bad , they are not little ones any more and they all don't live with us , we have 3 at home now . I loved it when we all sat down for dinner because that was our family time around the table and my kids fascinated me with their ideas and dreams and just all around presence. have fun everyone!
Closed Thread