Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:28 PM   #31  
4 gr8 ones

I'm so enjoying this message board. I haven't done well today. Had a little spat with dh which we don't ever fight, but I got a little frustrated with him. I have been more active today than most after those two laps at the park, getting 4 kids in and out, in and out of the van. That counts for something doesn't it? Plus I filled up their little 3 ring pool. Dumped it and filled it up again. Rolled up two water hoses outside. Washed dishes and bathed the kids. I don't have water in my home, long story. We use our old house which is about 20 feet away. So when I say washing dishes, that means 2 days worth, carried over in a box and hand washed. Same with the kids, in the other house.
I'm just alittle blue this evening. This doens't happen much, I'm usually much more perky and I was until I talked to him.
Talk about it later.
Sounds like you ladies are doing well. Keep it up.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:39 AM   #32  
4 gr8 ones

Well I'm up this am and not as blue, just not as perky. I don't argue with dh much, but we've had so much going on that I've been stretched so thin. It just isn't taken much to make me break.
I'll get over it. He's gone all night. STaying at the fire station with his buddy. He has to get 3 ride outs on the ambulance before he can take his national registry. I love when he's gone all night because I can run things my way. And it makes me more than happy to see him tomorrow. I really think the suffering we've put in for him to go to fire academy and emt school is the best thing that's happened to us. I actually love his schedule for the reasons I earlier stated. I just think God knew it was something that would work for us.
So I may go visit my sister today. She lives almost an hour away and has the 8 kids that my kids LOVE to see and play with.
I'll do the best I can.
"THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT".
Thanks Karla for your pm, that was very thoughtful.
Hope you ladies are on track and I'll check back later.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:37 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

Cool Good Saturday Morning!

Good morning ladies! I haven't had my coffee yet...just did a two mile walk and ate some cheerios...so if I make some goof, please forgive The Sleepy One

Mama--I'm sorry you had such a rough day yesterday. I don't know the details...but it seems like both you and DH are under a tremendous amount of stree (No water...with kids?!?! You are a saint!) I pray that today is better.

Well, I haven't done too well on my water or step goal (4 bottles of water/10,000 steps). But I do have a praise! I have managed to WTW every single day this week.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow! Tomorrow is not only Sunday--a day where I go to church to get spiritually refreshed, but also a day that I consider my 'free day'. I don't have to count calories as much. I don't do any formal excercise. I do believe I've earned it
Old 07-09-2005, 08:56 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning!

Ahh... It's Saturday! I didn't realize it right away this a.m. I looked at the clock and it said 7:00 a.m. I freaked b/c I thought it was a weekday & thought I only had 15 min. to get my ds out the door for his summer school class! My dh then asked me what my hurry was. I then realized that it was Saturday!

Frugal: Thanks for answering my post & I'm sure glad that I didn't offend you. I tend to get a little too sensitive at times. As for you getting your power walk in-GREAT JOB! Karla: Did you get everything done that you wanted to yesterday? As for the junk food, stress can do it to you. Hang in there! MamaM: You must be building a new house, huh? That alone can be rough on a marriage. Glad you're feeling better! My dh travels a lot, so I know exactly what you mean by running the house the way you want when he's gone, but glad to see him again. I just wish mine would have been gone a little longer this week. Speaking of DH, I need to get going b/c the the "supervisor" is breathing down my neck right now. TTFN
Old 07-09-2005, 09:48 AM   #35  

I'll keep that in mind that you're a tad on the sensitive side, Jackie. I'm not as harsh as some ladies I know online...but I tend to be. So if I ever step on toes...let me know and I'll back off.

Today is Saturday which means its Sheets Day. All the sheets in the house get washed and sometime today I have to take a shower (I got a forest growing on the legs...how can I forget something like *that*? But with tomorrow being church, it has to get done...no more slacking off!)

I also have to clean my bathrooms and sweep and mop my kitchen floor. It's over cast and yucky outside. We're in for a flood warning until Monday thanks to Dennis. Is anyone on this board in his path? If so and you have to evacuate, my prayers are with you.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #36  
4 gr8 ones

Good morning ladies. Sounds like everyone is off to a good start.

Freckles: The house is built, we live in it, it's just the water because it's a well and we don't have the filtration system installed yet. Dh's last EMT class is Tuesday, so he's suppose to get working on it after that. Hopefully by this time next weekend I'll have water, but we'll see.

Frugal: we are under stress. No income, kids, no water, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well we're going to visit my sis today around lunch time. Her dh is out of town and of course mine is for the night. We'll be there until around dinner time probably. Hope to chat later.
Keep up the good work.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #37  

BTDT (that's Been There, Done That for those who might not be familiar with the short cut)

Just know that we're all thinking aboutcha
Old 07-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #38  

Wow! I left the boards for 24 hours and 2 pages of posts! woo hoo!

Yesterday and today I bumped up my exercise and did the 3 mile walk away the pounds instead of the 2 mile and for 1.5 of those miles I was using hand weights. It was a great workout! I feel so much better when I exercise. I choose to exercise in the afternoon when two of the kids take a nap, because by that time I have a little stress from the kids for 1/2 the day and it helps me to releve that stress and do something for ME instead of just for the kids. So I am a happier mommy after naptime is over

You are all doing awesome! I am so excited about joining this group, I think the spiritual support is just as important as the physical. My favorite verse (for weight loss) is : I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own. For you were bought at a price, therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

Crystal - I will be praying for you! For the Lord's peace to surround you, and comfort you. I will pray that you will be able to stay strong and not turn to food, but to Our Lord (and us) for the comfort you need
Old 07-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #39  
4 gr8 ones

I'm back from sis's house. Stayed all afternoon, it was a nice visit. Hadn't done anything today regarding weight. I just started and already in a slump.
Anyway,
thanks Raechel for your words. Always helps to have people on your side. Of course God is always on your side as long as you're smart enough to turn to him.
Gotta go feed the kids. Talk later.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #40  

Smile

Good Sunday Morning!

As long as there is something to post and I have time to be on the computer, I'll post...hence the 2 pages of posts

When will we do the official weigh in? Let me know. I don't have great news to share...but I have seen some progress this week.

As I mentioned before, today is my 'free day'. I don't focus so much on calories or what I'm eating and I don't do any formal exercise today. On the Sabbath, my focus is on God and my family...not me. (Interestingly enough, this is very liberating for me)

After church, I don't think we're doing much of anything today. Keeping an eye on Dennis...that's for sure and then we'll just spend some time as a family...

Have a great day, ya'll!
Old 07-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #41  
4 gr8 ones

Hi there ladies. Sorry this is my first post today. Dh got home this morning and after breakfast I had to go do some laundry at dh's grandparents. We're home now to just chill for the rest of the day.
I'll say now that I've done NOTHING as far as weight goes. Don't think this is an excuse, but for some reason I ALWAYS do better when I start anew on a Monday. It just seems right to me. So tomorrow will be my first official day to focus on weight. I'll go ahead and weigh tomorrow morning, but there will be no change.
So I wish you well Frugal with Dennis and all.
God Bless Everyone and I'm sure I'll check back in later.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Smile Hello!

Hi everybody!
My weekend was busy but fun...took today off (as much as I could) and am gonna veg tonight as I have a lot to do the next 3 days to get ready to go until August...my younger sister's getting married and then were going to Dh family's for holidays and camping.....
I didnt get any cardio in today-and with the bday party yesterday I did a LOT of cleaning and prep so I was beat! Foods been pretty good lately, ive been upping me fruits and vegs, but need to keep up on my H2O

Mamamoore- do what u find works! Start on monday-were all rooting for you
Hope you all had a good weekend,
God Bless
Karla
Old 07-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #43  

We went for chinese today after church. I had noodles, rice, chicken and broccoli and sweet and sour. LOADS of calories..but I enjoyed the food and fellowship.

We then came home and got a nap...all four of us!

DH and I went light on dinner tonight. We had turkey sandwiches on wheat bread, 2% cheese slices, tomatoes and green lettuce (not iceburg). It was absolutely divine! Praise God for fresh veggies. I don't think I could ever go vegan or vegetarian..but I love me some fruits and veggies.

Have a great night, ladies and we'll all weigh in tomorrow morning. (I bet I gain all that I've lost back...oh well. We hardly ever go out to eat...today was a treat. If I do gain it all back, I'll kick it into high gear next week!
Old 07-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #44  
4 gr8 ones

Hi Ladies. Sounds like everyone had a busy and fun weekend as Karla put it. Tomorrow is a new day. We can do it. You are all doing much better than I am so I will work off of your inspiration. Have a great night, assuming I don't get back on tonight. The Dead Zone comes on in an hour so I probably won't.
Have a great night.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:45 AM   #45  
4 gr8 ones

Smile Goooooooood Monday Morning

GOOD MONDAY MORNING IVA, RAECHEL, JACKIE AND KARLA!!!

I hope everyone slept well. I went to sleep at 11:30, Allison the baby woke at 12:40 for a bottle and then I slept until 5:00 when she woke again for a change and a bottle and decided to stay up since I was going to get up around 5:30 anyways. So that is a good nights sleep for me.
I'm having my coffee and even though I'm hungry, not going to eat until breakfast with kids. I usually love a cookie or pastry to enjoy with my coffee, but not today.

So how was everyone's night? Is everyone ready to take on a new day? After breakfast I have to go to Walmart. This time I have $100.00 for groceries rather than $90.00 like last week.

I just paypaled for my curriculum from Ebay. It a new curriculum I'm starting next year, actually on September 12th is our next school year. I'm going to use The Weaver Curriculum. I'm so excited, I know those of you who don't homeschool won't get anything out of this, but it's bible based and more than 50% hands on activities. Actually NO workbooks. I'm so excited. Except for writing and phonics and math will still be Abeka workbooks, no way around that. All this to say that I'm so excited to get it and read through it.

That's what's going on with me. I would like to ask for your prayers. Dh has his final test for the EMT class tomorrow. He's worried about it even though he's done well thus far. Afterwards, it's not scheduled yet, he'll have to take the National Registry. That will be to be EMT cetified by the state. He's worried, but I know for a fact that God has gotten us this far and he's not going to drop us now. This will be his last step before getting a fulltime job again. We can get back on our feet.

I'll check in later.
Closed Thread