Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #121  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary, this caught my eye cuz i love Posole and I love green chili. But sorry, i don't think i'd add the black olive, just personal preference. And it's good with toppings like diced onion, red radish, cilantro and add some fresh lemon/lime juice before serving. I also love red posole, i've made it but it was way more involved than your recipe.

I think i'll be ok, it's a lot of things, including disappointment in people, PMS, the weather, etc. I think I could use to go to the tanning salon for some rays maybe. But I have to get it together and I will, because tonight I'm doing the support group by myself. The co-facilitator called and asked if i minded and I really don't. I'm now prepared with an education topic to discuss about women's anger management (apropos, ), and i'm looking forward to it. I have an easier time doing this for them than i do in taking care of myself. Guess it's something to work on.

Oh, re: John, nothing to report. He's in my Alpha small group and he always comes to talk to me, we couldn't sit near eachother at dinner this time and in group i ended up across from him. He's so cute, he's so shy sometimes. He came to say goodnight before he left. Sorry there's nothing more exciting, but then too, i'm NOT DATING!!

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 01-25-2005 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #122  

Default Makin Me Hungry

Last night at healthy eating class, we made Seiten (the new wheat meat). We cubed it and browned it in a sautee of sliced red onion, garlic cloves, an asian wine, lemon peel, chopped peppers all in grapeseed oil, then tossed with broccoli and pasta (all healthy type pasta). I ate all the seiten out of the meal so tonight I will stirfry my marinated venison strips and put it in the remaining pasta and yummy in my tummy it will be.

EZ...your dinner sounds wonderful except for the hot stuff in it. I "think" she's pg. We're giving it another week to tell. DH is in AR slaughtering the hogs still. It really is not my way of wanting to live down there right now...maybe when I am MUCH MUCH older. Yikes! He loves it.

Michele...hey girly girl what's up with the downside? Surely it has something to do with grey winters. I am up and down with the blues right now. I KNOW I need to exercise and I will feel a little better. I think I will take nikki for a walk tonight.

A gal I used to work with 10 years ago started up her own tax business and said she may need a receptionist in February for evening work...I told her I'd love it! Gotta pay some of those bills off and someone's gotta do it. Amen!

Later all
Old 01-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #123  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile UUUUUUUUUUUUUmmmmm Good!

I printed up your recipe Gary and am gonna give it a go! I never heard of Posole... I enjoy hominy & haven't had it in a long time. And Joe will love it with the spice to it. I have leftover chicken too Thanks!!!!

MKay, Your recipe sounds great too!! So you will begin a new job come February? It may help lift your spirits Good for you!

Michele, Wishing you well tonight... bet you are great at what you do!!

Loves,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-26-2005, 03:55 AM   #124  

Talking

Hi Gary, I didn't use your recipe last night, but will tonight... I thought I had all of the ingred. but didn't. I have plenty of chicken left to make it.

Here is something I thought you would get a kick out of that I received from a friend yesterday.

*Enjoy*

*~*~*

The Guy's "Rule"

At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down. Finally, the
guys side of the story. I must admit, it's pretty good.

We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the
rules from the male side. This is our rule! Please note... these are all
numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put
it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining
about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the
>tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it
that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints
do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just
say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every
question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's
what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In
fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect
us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the
ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it
done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during
commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We
have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the
hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an
--> answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is
fine...Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to
discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this; Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the
couch tonight, but did you know men really don't mind that, it's
like camping.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-26-2005, 11:33 AM   #125  

Hello I have to kind of be quick I have two kids home sick. They have the bug that starts with a bad headache then goes to deep cough. My poor Molli is so white anyway add sickness and she looks like a ghost! EZ it is cold and we go back and forth one day we get snow and the next is warm and melts the snow! It has caused a lot of flooding. Sunny WOW you have a lot to be proud of! I can tell you got a lot of his talent! So glad his foot is going to be ok. I know it took along time for mine to heal. And now I put cream on every night. Teel so glad you are doing better. Mitchy I am doing the tanning bed light and I swear by it! Not only do I feel better I look great! I have lost a total of 15lbs in the last few weeks and I feel so much better.
Mkay you really need to get to the dr for that headache that was the first sign of high bp for me. and I was still in my 20's. I got to run DS got home so I can go to work for a 1/2 day.

I will try to post more friday.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:55 PM   #126  

Smile

Hi Sami!!!! So good to see you stop in... but so sorry to hear that you have two sick kids home Whatever is going around the U.S. is a terrible bug!! My girlfriend was ill with it from Thursday - Monday this past week... hit her hard and fast too. I do hope that they feel better soon and that you take good care of yourself so that you don't come down with it!

CONGRATS on your 15 lb LOSS!!!!
***Awesome***

How are you doing it??!??

I am glad to hear that your heel is better now, Sami... but what my father has is from his bad heart combined with his diabetes - the blood flow is not good to the feet. He is suppose to check his feet twice a day (morning and night) making sure he doesn't see any sores or redness in his feet. This infection he had was NOT an OPEN SORE --- it began on the inside and was working it's way out --- that's why there was so much concern! All you could see is a huge purple-red streak going from his heel to his tendon up the back of his leg. But when I spoke to my mom last night she said it is getting better everyday now that he is on meds and giving it the rest it needs

Take Good Care now... hope to see you again soon

*~*~*

*Hope everyone else is having a good day today*
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #127  

Default Got a chuckle from it

Sunny, I enjoyed the 'Guys Rules' - made my day - had a good laught as I can hear my hubby saying more than 1 of those rules.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #128  

Talking

Glad I could bring a smile to your day Sprout

Hey, I saw that picture in your Profile - pretty cool picture there girl!

{{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #129  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Wednesday

HI LADIES

Hope everyone is well. Went to my daughter's tennis match yesterday, she played, I think, the best she ever has...unfortunately she lost in doubles 8-4, in singles she tied 6-6 in the first set but lost 7-5 in the tie breaker and lost the second set 6-2. She had to play "up" 2 spots in the rotation because 2 of our better girls did not get their transcripts back from studying abroad in time. She is a #5 to #7 player usually but yesterday she was playing at the #3 spot against a very good team. The team won though 5-4 so that was good.

I spent the day with her boyfriend, well kid of...his folks had a plumbing leak and needed drywall repair...I worked while he watched...the LOOOOSER I almost feel sorry for him.. I promise him that I will "kill" him if he doesn't leave her alone, but then I promise to kill him if he ever leaves her...kid can't win...which is just the way I LIKE IT!! You would think after being around all these years he would get tired of my "stuff" and bail...he must be lazy

MICHELE Never had red posole but one of our Mexican friends that has had dinner with us told Angie, "that can't be posole, it isn't red." As you can see the recipe Angie has is very easy. Stay out of the "darkness"!! What was that song? BE HAPPY!....Yea right! Just stay looking forward dear!

SUNNY LOVED the Rules...especially rule #1 Of course all of them were "so me"...but #1 was Perfect!!I absolutely love Winnie the Pooh!!

MKAY I use mild diced green chilies..they are not hot at all. Nothing in the soup hot, if there was I might not be able to eat it. How about that Nikki...the little tramp Hope it was quite a treat for her...our two puppies go at it each night...only problem...both been fixed and BOTH female..go figure. Well, at least Arkansas will be warmer right? but oh my, the critters and bugs

SAMI A ton of people sick around our area too! Sorry for your kiddos. As far as the loss of 15..well let me just say...

Well I guess I better think of something for dinner...right now it is looking like weiners, buns, onions, cheese and some dennison chili over them...but if Angie comes home with a tummy ache...well, let's just say I will have to re-think my menu!!

Prayers for all, Gary
Old 01-26-2005, 09:51 PM   #130  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default Sunny, my hubby got a kick out of the "Guys Rules"

He forwarded it to all of the men in church that he had e-mails for. Even the pastors. He got a kick out of "If you have something to say, can it wait for a commercial?" The only tv that dh watches is major league football and if there is a war being covered he will watch that too. He used to watch the weather channel, but we no longer get the premium cable so he doesn't get that channel any longer.

He also got a chuckle out of the one "I am in shape" Round is a shape!

He said it was pretty right on and the best article that he had seen in awhile.

Thanks for putting a little laugh in his day!

lbsbgone
Old 01-26-2005, 10:46 PM   #131  
Phil 4:8

good evening ladies,
i'mmm baack. for all of you who prayed for me thank you very much. it's working. please continue. i went to the dr.s yeterday. he looked at my finger said things look great. it was heling well and no signs of infection. being diebetic that is important. i missed not getting on with you ladies so much. i have a finger stall on the finger. kept bumping anf man does that ever smart. i don't know if i'm going to lose the nails or not. is'nt life grand. i lost 2 lbs this week. HALELUJAH! i'll take it. how is everyone doing on their plans for the week. for me it's water, getting blood sugars down. devotions and journal. no in that order. me and juses hand in hand taking one day at a time.
kind regards,
mary
Old 01-26-2005, 11:38 PM   #132  

Default Rate your plate

A quick way to make sure you are eating a variety of healthful foods at each meal is to "Rate Your Plate." Rate your plate is a great way to practice portion control if you are trying to lose weight. Follow the link to a fun tool to help you plan your meals.

When you sit down for a meal, draw an imaginary line through the center of your plate. Draw a line to divide one section into two.

About one-fourth of your plate should be filled with grains or starchy foods such as rice, pasta, potatoes, corn, or peas.

Another fourth should be protein -- foods like meat, fish, poultry, or tofu.

For the last half of your plate, you can fill it with non-starchy vegetables like broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, salad, tomatoes, and cauliflower.

Then, add a glass of non-fat milk and a small roll or piece of fruit and you are ready to eat!

You may need to count the carbohydrates or exchanges in your meal so you can be sure your insulin and exercise are on target. But "rating your plate" will get you started.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:44 AM   #133  

Good afternoon to everyone whether posting or lurking! It is such a horrible miserable day here in England. It is very grey and drizzly and the sort of day when you aim to stay indoors and watch something thrilling and cosy on the t.v., something really old and in black and white!!

Thanks for the great laughs whilst reading "RULES FOR THE GUYS" and the answers for the quiz. I had a great giggle iT was lovely to read all the differnat slants people had in giving their answers. I feel as though I know each of you a bit better now. I confess that I copied the quiz on to the other thread I post on..the "Around The World With 10 friendly chicks" and the resposes were all great and inspiring to see. I did edit it a bit.!!

I think some of you may remember a friend of mine from the aforementioned thread...LINUS. She was the very kind person who let you know when I was in hospital last November. Well I would ask for prayers for her particularly as she is pregnant! She rang me yesterday to tell me the good news.I think on the whole the entire family has been rendered speechless as her other children are 15 and 12 now and this is the last thing they expected.It was not a planned event (I am sure she will not mind me sharing this with you) and she is on a load of medication like myself. Please pray that all will go smoothly and that the twin gene in her family (up until now doormant!) will not activate during this pregnancy!!

Well I am sorry but this is going to be cut rather short as my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is playing havoc with my right wrist and hand and it is going number as time goes by. I hope all is well with you all . God Bless. Keep safe and warm. Bye for now.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #134  

Default Brrrrrrr

Good Mornin All...

Boy oh boy is it cold here. 7 below zero this morning. Yikes. My car didn't get real warm on the way to work and I started it 20 min before I left. Now I am chilled. I catch chill easy. Coffee in my cup to warm me up!

EZ...Yeah, Nikki's a tramp. I doubt it was a treat because the actual "act" is about 15 seconds...then they stay "together" for 15-20 minutes (that part is weird). Nikki would go at it with other female dogs too and her doggie bed.

As far as AR...I don't want to leave my family for a long time. DH can go down there but probably not so many times a year...costly in gasoline.

Teel...LINUS will have her hands full and I pray all will go well during her pregnancy.

Craftymom...Ouch to that finger. Did you get stitches?

Michele... How did the crisis center do the other night with just you on board? Did you get the pics of the bracelet?

Well, I should get back to work...or should I say get to work
Can you tell I'd rather be home.

Hugs and more Hugs...
Old 01-27-2005, 09:13 AM   #135  

Smile

Good Morning CER's

Lbsbgone, I'm so happy to hear that I brought a smile to your hubby's day

Gary, I knew you would get a kick out of the *Guy Rules* ---- what did Angie think?

Craftymom, I am glad to hear that you are doing okay with that finger --- it will be a very sore finger for a long while. Do take care... {{{Hugs}}}

Thanks again Sprout!

Teel, It's so strange to see *Good afternoon* posted here at 7:44am I did the same thing and shared the survey on another thread I belong to --- it's fun! Glad you too enjoyed the *Guy Rules* me too

Yes, I remember Linus (Kristy), she has posted on her a couple times just recently. Congrats to her and her new baby... I know it was a surprise for her, but she will be so happy once that baby is in her arms I will keep her in prayer that the baby will be fine - even though she is on allot of meds. What will she do? Will they take her off some of them? And how will she be w/o her meds if she has to stop? Sorry for all the questions... just wondered. Maybe Kristy will stop in and answer them Have a good evening Teel - since your day is half done.

Hi MKay, I see your egg is yellow - you still there? How have YOU been lately? Feeling okay? It's bitter cold here too!!! Not quite as cold as you (whew -7*, no thanks!) but we are at 10* (-4* windchill) cold enough for me!! I cannot wait for 50 - 60 or 70* weather again... I'll take anything over 40*! I'm desperate!

You didn't answer my question How's your pup doing? Any pictures?

Later...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread