Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #31  

Hello I will have been trying to catch up on the posts and boy do I feel way behind. I have really missed everyone but have been so busy during the holiday times. I worked 7 days a week and fridays and Saturdays I worked overnights because that team was so short handed and I offered to help because I was having trouble sleeping anyway. My Mom is not feeling well right now. They warned us she would be having side effects for about 3 weeks after her last treatment. I am so thankful that we caught her cancer in stage 1. Most throat cancers are caught much later but because it was on her voice box we caught is early. My DD is in pain. The baby is laying on a nerve and somedays she can't hardly walk. She keeps calling and asking me Mom how did you do this 6 times? She will understand when she holds that little one in her arms why I did it 6 times! My family is doing well I will have to post a christmas pic. (That means I will have to send it to Donna because I can't figure out how to do it)

Donna-I love your pics and have really missed your posts. My IBS is really bad right now. I am going through the I can't keep food in. I started doing the tanning again because it seems to make me feel better. (I don't look so sickly)
EZ- Wow what a nice place! I think you might have a hard time moving because you are so active in your church and have so many love ones around. But I know you would make friends fast where ever you go.
Mitchypoo-So sorry Doug didn't work out. Did he give you that ring? I feel I have missed a lot. You do look very pretty in the pic. Keep up the great job on your weight loss.
Teel-So sorry you are not feeling well. I have fibro. and all the other side effects from it. I know how you feel living each day in pain. I am on a lot of meds and it makes it tough to lose weight. But I have been working out (not pushing myself just keep moving) and it really does help. It took a lot of workout to notice I was stronger. I hope I can be some encouragement to you. I tell myself everyday Thank you Lord for another day That I am not going to let the fibro win!
lbsbgone-My prayers are with you. With 6 children we have always live on a tight budget. I just had to get a new muffler right at Christmas. And then DD slid in the snow and hit a curve and bent her wheel and had to get her a new one. But God is helping us through it all.
Sprout-I am glad you will be starting back walking you did so well with it. I have thought of you often praying that your DS in doing better. It does seem to little by little........
Mkay-My prayers are with you and your DH. I know money problems can really tear a couple apart. In the past few years with all my meds I feel very guilty about the strain it causes on our budget. I have even tried to go off then became so ill I ended up in the hospital and it cost us more so more guilt. My DH has been a God send to me. He is so supported I don't know what I would do without him. I try in small way to show him How much he means to me. (like the coffee offering your dh did) Little things go a long way.
Bunna-So glad your kitty is home. I am a animal lover. It is strange I never really wanted any pets but my DD kept bringing them home. When she gave me my pepper I call her my hot dog! She just loves me so I can't help loving her. She sleeps with me. and if I say the word bye bye she jumps up and trys to lay on my face so I can't say it. She such a tiny thing but she has a big heart.

Well Got to run it is late.
My prayers are with you all. And to all the MIA angel lover,Sue ect.......
Old 01-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #32  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Wednesday...

Gooooooooooood Morning CER's!!

WoW... I guess I haven't posted since Friday. I have been very ill with the Flu since Thursday - it began with this headache and then I felt really dizzy for a couple days. It broke just Monday night and other then feeling a bit tired still, I am feeling so much better. That flu really knocked the heck out of me! And it's really going around fast.

Other then that... nothing else really happening with me --- Joe has been very busy, but I have just been doing allot of sleeping and drinking green tea's trying to get well. I haven't been out of the house in over 12 days!!! Just feeling a bit stir crazy Today and tomorrow I will be catching up with house keeping since I was too ill to do much... I have a Couples Bible Study Group coming here this Friday!

*~*~*

Hi MKay, Great to hear from you! How are you and hubby doing these days???! You feeling any better? You were very low the last I recall... glad you enjoyed all of our pics

Sprout, Nice devotion!! Even though I haven't posted I have checked in to read posts. Just couldn't stay on long because of the dizziness --- I couldn't focus on the screen long. Anyway, I do appreciate your devotions and think of you in prayer often!

Lbsbgone, Will you be back?? I noticed that you posted on another thread here in the Faith Board. Sure would enjoy your company here too I have read your post and have offered prayers --- how are things going with your car dilemma?? Have you gotten it fixed?!!

Michele, I am so happy to hear the LAWL is working out so well for you... Congrats of the weight loss so far!!!

I have been very leary of LAWL systems because I heard (by many) it was very expensive to do & that they push you to buy their foods. Also, if you don't lose weight as fast as they say you should - they will say it's because you are not buying their foods. I do hope that this is not happening to you. Keep up the wonderful job!! Wow a loss of 6 lbs! I am jealous girl! With the cooking you are doing... it sounds very similar to the Michael Thurman way of weight loss. You eat 6 x's a day with a protein and a carb (from veggies) at each meal. And do at least 30 min of exercise daily with his program.

That is just too cool that you have a better frame of mind and attitude... it's so important to keep on the positive side of life --- especially in the days we live in! So much sadness all around us, all the more reason to stay close to God in prayers for others and for ourselves

Have a great evening out with your friends tonight --- don't be afraid to speak up and tell the waiter/waitress what you want in Special orders... I do! Yes, I am the person they all dread I special order everything right down to my steamed veggies, that they sometimes load up with butter sauces (that I cannot have!). Have a fun evening!

Gary, How are you doing there in WET CA. ?? ?? I saw that huge mudslide on the news... are you near that at all??? I didn't see where in CA. that mudslide happened. Are your drains holding up?? I cannot believe the flooding going on! Here too! We are in flooding watches and warnings all over Ohio with our rivers all cresting.

I am glad to hear that you and Angie had a good time on your Anniversary, but you didn't do anything for Angie's birthday Not even a small gathering?

How's everything with your God-daughter and her visit? Hope she arrived safely & that you are having a wonderful visit.

Gary, I have been meaning to ask (and forget way to often ) How is DD doing with her IBS? Is she sticking to the book and feeling better?

Teel, It is so nice to hear from you! Yep, I settled into the New Year right away with the flu-bug --- now I hope it's all done and over with for the whole year

That SKY+ sounds wonderful! I record allot of programs after 10:00pm because I cannot stay awake any more... but what are the prices? I have heard that you pay for the device and then have to subscribe monthly? Is that what you have?

That's okay to feel depressed or sad after going through as much as you have, Teel, it's just important not to sit in it... I know that if I don't get out and about among people after a few days I begin to feel that depression set in too - especially during the cold, winter months here in Ohio. I have to make myself get out at least 2 - 3x a week for a short while even if it's just for a 30 min. walk or a short window shopping trip out. When people don't feel well, we have a tendency to close-in ourselves and that's when trouble sets in emotionally Isolation is what the wants... then he has us all to himself. That's why being involved in a church community is very important. I see this in my own sister! When she begins to isolate herself she become very dark in her thoughts and depressed. But when she goes to her studies on Thursday nights and to her Church on Sunday's she does so much better. I am praying for your Dear

Sami, I remembered that the Holiday's really put the pressure on you at work... now they are already getting ready for Valentines Day!! I haven't even taken down Christmas yet! I will have it up for at least another week. It's great having an artificial tree this year --- no worries about a dead tree

Yea, stress will cause IBS to really act up and until you can control that I am afraid for your health. Also, the foods you eat... if you could stay away from *high fat* foods & *dairy* you will feel a bit better.

Bunna, How are you doing these days??? How are all your charges (kitties) doing? Staying safely home I hope

Have you begun your SBD again? How are you doing? I watched the finale show of *Who is the Biggest Loser* last night - glad I didn't watch the whole thing, because I found it frustrating just watching the one show!!! They cannot put a woman in the same category as a man in weight-loss & body fat %!!! A woman naturally has MORE BODY FAT and will keep it longer then a man because she was created to give birth! They should have separate categories... don't you think so? Oh... did you even see the show? I ran off with that and don't know if you even saw it

Okay... Where are you Wilma??

MIA's... SUE, SHERRY, ANGIE-WANGIE, ON-MY-WEIGH... just to begin with --- you all come back soon!!!

*~*~*

Well gang, I have to be going --- I have a home to get cleaned before Friday!!
*God Bless*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-12-2005, 09:13 AM   #33  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!

I'm sorry I'm not very faithful with my postings. Sometimes I think I have a very boring life and nothing happens. I go to work and then come home. WOW! I love my job so I'm not compaining. I will try to post more often. I need to be accountable for my eating habits.

Nothing is happening with my kitchen. DH and I are trying to come up with a solution to repair the part of the ceiling that needs texture on it it match the rest. We're finding it a challenge. Any ideas GAry? After we master that we just have a little more painting and the trim to finish. I still have to find fabric for the windows but that's the fun part. Our cabinet guy is taking his sweet time but because he does this on his own time I'm trying to be patient. Maybe it'll be done in August for the wedding.

It's snowing here again.!! We have so much snow right now that the city crews are struggling with how to get rid of it. We had a good storm over New Year's weekend and that got us well over 1 foot of snow and now we're getting more. It's definitely winter here. But, after hearing and seeing the devistation in Asia and the slides in California I can live with cold temps and snow.

Please pray for future DIL. She's looking for a job and seems to be struggling with finding one. Please pray that she finds one soon.

Well, gotta go now. Talk again soon!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:15 PM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Wednesday

HI GALS

YIPEEEE~~~~~~~~We are having a day of sunshine after all the rain! For those asking, we are about 125 miles from the serious mudslides, we have had some cliffs collapse around our area, yesterday a tree fell onto a nearby freeway killing a girl..some flooding around our area and PLENTY of rain but the brunt of the damage has been east and north of us.

The puppies, REBA 1 yr old last week, Rylee 1 yr old next wednesday...boy how time flies gals...are tired of being cooped up. I let them run wild in the back yard after work today because it was so nice...still wet and muddy though in spots...I tried to get them cleaned before they got back in the house...ANGIE won't mind a little...er...maybe more than a little...mud on her carpet will she? hahahahahah....it ain't my fault though...honest...I mean really..do you have any idea how hard it is to catch and wipe the paws on 2 golden retrievers?...with a beer in one hand

WILMA Prayers for future dil and the perfect job. Wish I could help you with the texture...I am good at it been doing it for over 30 years. If it is a spray texture...patch the area, float out onto the existing area by a few inches, sand and then sponge the edge smooth if needed...you can get cans of texture at HOME DEPOT...do you have those in your area?...the cans will have pictures of the texture...splatter, orange peel or knock-down...experiment with the texture on a cardborad surface first if you have never used can texture before...you may need an extra can for practice...if it is a brush or skip trowel texture with a drywall knife then you will need some all-purpose dryall mud..thin as needed...then experiment. Any other questions feel free to ask.

SUNNY Hope the flu bug has left you! My drains worked very well..THANK-YOU for asking. Angie and I decided a few years back to forget the birthday gifts/cake and just go out to dinner when we could..unless the biggies..50,etc...Angie has 5 more to go for that one...I'll need it to plan Angie swears by that AIRBORNE for flu by the way...can't even find it in our area anymore this week. All I know about it is one morning I had a terrible sore throat..took it once and NO more sore throat...could have worked OR could have been lucky...not sure.

SAMI So good to hear from you. Prayers for DD and your work HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about those COLTS!!!

TEEL You seem to be so talented...through prayer, medicine and support I really feel that one day soon you will be TOTALLY headed forward towards the life you intended to have!! It certainly can't be easy for you...but YOU know that...and because of that there is hope. PRAYERS!!

TO EVERYONE ELSE~~~~ I posted to each of you earlier...somehow RYLEE jumped on the keyboard with her big old puppy paws and I lost everything...she hit the space bar I think...anyway I am praying and thinking of you all.

Off to take nephew to tennis.....Gary
Old 01-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #35  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default To Sunny D.

Hello Sunny! I will still be here, but cannot read all of the threads as I have a limited time on the net because my dh and I share one computer and he uses it alot for church work like publishing a monthly church newsletter and printing photo's too since he is also the church photographer.

I hope that everyone has a good week. I gained 1.75 lbs. this week, but I had ham and hardly any water the day before weigh - in. It seems that I may have to eat the ham myself since I never know what everyone else in the house will eat. Ham doesn't seem to be on their agendas. I'll drink lots of water and today I walked over 2 miles to the pharmacy while dh worked on our car. The car's still not running yet. Hopefully soon, but I needed my meds so on with the tennis shoes and I walked to the pharmacy. Good thing that I felt half ways decent today except for being real tired. I didn't sleep well.

Take care and hope that you get over the flu soon.

lbsbgone
Old 01-12-2005, 09:28 PM   #36  

Hello! I posted awhile ago and unfortunately I am just now checking in...well I did check in a couple days after I posted, but no one was around. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful new year. I skimmed through a few posts and I see there are several women here dealing with IBS. In 1995 I was diagnosed with IBS, thank God for the wonderful doctor that I had, because since he prescribed Librax for my IBS I don't have any serious problems anymore. I'll go through spells when it flares up then I'll take the Librax for a couple of days and then no problem for months.

Someone else here mentioned having problems with perimenopause I surely would like to hear from that person again.

I was having difficulty losing weight, but I think that my metabolism has awaken from it's hibernation since some of my clothes are now fitting much better. I'm believing God for better health, with my weight and perimenopause, in 2005.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:25 AM   #37  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I just wanted to let you know that DIL has a job interview today at 2:00. It's with an accounting firm to help out during tax season. She wants to go into this field so she's really excited and hopeful she'll get it.

Gary: We did try the spray that you are talking about and we weren't impressed. Maybe we were doing it wrong but it sure didn't cover the way we expected it to. Most of it landed on the plastic on the floor. Our stipple is the spray on kind. Do we need to put on more than one layer? Thanks for your expert advice. We do need it and appreciate it.

I have a physical today. YEAH!! I'll find out how much weight I've lost in the past year. Not much but I do feel better. I bought the latest Prevention magazine that has an interesting fitness routine in it and does it in a 3 week program. I think I'll give it a try. Gotta lose those pounds before the wedding.

Have a super day!
Old 01-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #38  
Phil 4:8

hello,
i am just getting started in the weight lose department. have made some attemts but have failed. my weight has went up not down. i need all the prayer and encouragement i can get. i am 52 and currently weigh 300lbs. i know i have a long way to go. i have several health issues. diebeties and fibromyalgia are only a few. my goal is 5lb. by valentine day. i want to say 10 but i don't want to fail be for i get started. thies are what i am working on right now 5 mins a day chair movments gettting in my water, and getting my blood sugars down to where they are safe thanks for any help
craftymom2005
Old 01-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #39  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Craftymom~welcome!!! Hope you come back and post often. I will keep you in prayer and you should feel good for having a goal. Go for it! You are making efforts and that's what counts.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #40  

Default Hi Folks...New and Old!

Hi All...Whew...so many posts and things going on I just cant keep up.

Sami- I pray all will go well...soon.

Mitchy- How's the LALW going? I lost a whole .5 this week. LOL

Sunny- Flu? Boy, you've been sick quite a bit.

EZ- 1 yr old huh? Nikki just got bred (2.5 yrs old) and we'll see in a couple weeks if she PG or not.

Wilma- I know the feeling of not posting or catching up.

craftymom2005- Welcome. I love making jewelry (my craft).

Healthy- I "think" I'm doin the premenopause thing. My hair has for sure took a turn to thinning. I'm just so up and down. Yikes!

Bunna- Where are you? How's SB doin? I have not done so well.

DH and I are not where we should be. It's just mediocre (sp). I know that God does not want that in marriage. I'm just tired of trying trying trying. It's been since I went off the prozac that I just don't feel like I'm candy-coating his behavior. I don't seem to let him walk over me so much lately. Boy, I HAVE to stay in the Word or I'll just explode! Today...I really don't care much to be married (didn't I say that last time I posted?) I asked God to help me with that one. I'm sure that whatever happens, things will be ok. We are just going through the motions right now.

Fasting today. Some of us in our life team are fasting for another family within the life team. Teen troubles, marriage strains, etc. Boy oh boy, I'm hungry hungry hungry!!!!!! DH is fasting today as well. That's a good thing.

I guess I do sound somewhat down. I don't like that. I've been thinking of going to the tanning salon to get some "sun." It's so grey here all the time.

Well all, hello to all who I missed and I will post this weekend.

Later, Mary Kay
Old 01-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #41  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mary Kay!!!! I missed you....continued prayers for you and DH... check out my ticker to see my progress on LAWL... I'm pretty happy about it and I feel great!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #42  
Striving To Be Healthier!

Default Hello to everyone...

I don't want to miss anyone but know that I will since I am new here and do not have alot of time to read the posts.

Craftymom- Welcome and it is good that you are setting attainable goals. I'll keep you in prayer.

Mary Kay, so sorry that you are having marital problems. Marriage takes alot of work doesn't it? I'll keep you in prayer too.

There also was a mention of meds. and how much of the income they take up. I know that dh and I take up alot more of our income on drs. visits and meds than the experts recommend, but what is a person to do? We try and cut back in other areas to make up for it. And we do without none essentials. We have a roof over our heads, clothing and food which is more than the rest of the world has so I am content.

I have made it a practice to pray for the group as a whole each evening. Here is hoping that the good Lord is answering my prayers for you.

lbsbgone
Old 01-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #43  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Evening everyone
I am all better now... really I am

MKay, I really haven't been sick all that much ~ it just was one bug after another is all. Whenever I get real busy and don't take the time to care for my needs it happens... every year after New Years I seem to get sick. Late nights and too many parties I guess. It all just catches up to me. But I am okay now, back to my ole self again

I am just gonna keep on praying for your and your DH, MKay!!!

Lbsbgone, I am so glad you came back. I'm sorry that it gets a bit quiet here --- that happens especially over the Holiday's. There is so much to be done and not nearly the time for me or others to spend on the computer. I noticed that it was very quiet over all in the forums.

Thank you so much for your prayers! It's so nice to know that you are being prayed for (((Hugs)))

Hi Gary, I am so glad that your drains are working and that you are okay there. I cannot believe all the damage from the mudslides --- it's really terrible! What is happening around you?

Tell Angie that I did take *Airborne*!! I used up a whole bottle trying NOT to get this bug... but I just didn't work this time. But I do have another bottle, because I think it saved me from getting the bug really bad!! And shortened the length of the flu too. I also swear by it! It does work... in fact, I am taking some before everyone comes to our home tomorrow evening --- just to make sure I don't get someone else's undetected germs & get sick again! Safe then sorry

*Happy Birthday to the Pup-kids!!!*

Hi Healthy, *Welcome again!* When I was only 19 I had a pretty bad car accident... it's then that I lost our child (my second preg. lost) and all chances of ever having children again... not to mention 4 surgeries afterwards for repairs of my large intestine, bladder & urinary track and the removal of all my female parts - uterus, tubes and ovaries & part of my cervix - because of cysts growths and damage from the accident. I also have a bum left knee from it hitting the steering column and dislocating it at the knee-cap at the time of the accident. So now... I have health issues with extreme pain from IBS when I don't stay on a very low fat, no dairy, no caffeine diet. I think I cope well on a daily basis and try to always keep my head & eyes aimed UP Not long after I had the accident losing our baby girl, Lisa Anne, Joe & I became involved in a Christian Performing Arts Ministry for about 17 years - performing in a play about the last week of Christ (ending with His Resurrection)... we played many rolls in the program titled *Tetelestai* and have grown to know and love many people through the years. I feel that *It* and *those beautiful people* involved saved my life. Now we don't do that play any longer (just cannot keep up now), but it was then that I came to know the Lord. I was not a happy camper before then My sis-in-law takes Librex too, but I prefer to try and alter my diet over taking meds. The last time I took meds I felt like a zombie. If it gets real bad again I will try that med. I am so glad that it works so well for you. IBS is so painful. Sami has it real bad and so does Gary's daughter.

*Welcome!* to our thread craftymom2005, There are so many wonderful threads in this Forum... we are honored that you have chosen to join us here. I am basically on a very *Low Fat* program myself --- it really helps me with my IBS and I am losing weight too Do look around at the other threads too --- so many are willing to help you & there are some great recipes too - depending on the program you choose. Hope to see you back again! I have added you to my prayer list You will make it this time... one baby step at a time. (((Hugs)))

Wilma, How did your DD do with her job interview? Has she heard anything yet or is it still a bit too soon?

Michele, How was your dinner out with your friends? You never said??
with losing ANOTHER POUND - W W You are down 7 lbs already... Keep up the WONDERFUL JoB!!!

*~*~*

I really must be going...
I have shows to watch tonight... it's Thursday!
Later my dear friends...

Luvs,

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-14-2005, 09:11 AM   #44  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's freezing up here today. There's a cold front sitting right on top of us and it's really cold and windy. I wish I could stay inside. But, it is Friday and then the weekend.

Future DIL felt that her interview went really well and will hear middle of next week whether she gets it or not.

I had my physical yesterday. The doc couldn't get my blood pressure to settle down. I have only had BP problems with pregnancies and can't figure out what is going on. I go back in a month to see if there's any change. I also have blood work to see if there's anything wrong with my thyroid.

Gary: Thanks for the advice. We're going to try some things this weekend and then call someone if they don't work. I'll keep you posted.

I wish I could post to everyone individually but time is slipping away and I have to get going to work. Have a great day!
Old 01-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #45  
Phil 4:8

hi,
believe it not i found my way here. it took a little doing but i found you. thanks to mitchypoo. i mad it through my firtst night. i did start woofing down fod around 9:30pm i got my blood sugars down but to fast and felt shakey so ate a orange then some cookies. i know better. i should have waited after i ate the orange. my sugars are coming down. i tried to fast to get them down. have a great day. nice to meet all of you lokkforward to finding a buddy. hope everyones new year is off to a good start.
kind regards
mary
Closed Thread