Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 12:18 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ Christian Encouragers #188 ♥

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Old 08-01-2004, 12:31 PM   #2  

Smile

Here is a LINK to the last thread if
you need to do some catch up reading
like I DO!!!

LINK:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post638909

Be seeing you all tomorrow sometime after we finish with
the Roofing Company at 7:30am!
I have quite allot to tell you...

*God Bless*
Always,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 08-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #3  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning all. Busy weekend, I worked all day yesterday by myself with one hostess and will be today too. Waitressing is more work than a My weekend waitress's daughter is very sick and she spent yesterday and last night in the emergency room. Her temp went up to 106 but is now down to 102, thank God.

Sami, when my granddaughter was little we had a dog named Norma but when my gd tried to say it it came out Bunna and the name stuck. Bunna was my baby so Bunnababy. She has been gone for a long time now but I still miss her and she was such a wonderful companion to me for so many years that she is still very near to my heart.

Off to work guys, will try to catch up more tomorrow. I bet you are glad that roof is gonna be done Sunny. ((((Michele)))) MKay and Gary, how is it going?
Old 08-01-2004, 01:39 PM   #4  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

i'm tired of complaining, i'm not going to post unless i have something positive to say.

Going to do some praying today and i hope you are all having a good Sunday.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:20 AM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Sunday Night

HI LADIES

Just finished taking the puppies on their daily walk--missed the last 2 'cause Angie wasn't here and I wasn't too excited about without her "push"! .

Angie and I went to the professional women's tennis match, the Acura in La Costa, today. We had great seats! a gift from my daughter and ex-wife, some of their comp tickets for working there this week as volunteers. We had other tickets through the weeks play but I couldn't make it, my son went to several. In fact we he was going to use the tickets last night but gave them up because he didn't care for the match-up...too bad it turned out to be the best matches of the tournament...doubles even went to around mid-night, my daughter didn't get home until 1:30 am. Instead he took my tickets to the Padre-Dodger game a friend gave me, $55.00 seats, for helping him on his house...I wasn't really up to it...getting old!! after working in my back yard all day. He really wanted them..he hadn't been since THE NIGHT BEFORE
so I gave them up...he OWES me now

BUNNA Cute- with the name. My son couldn't say Aunt Denise to my sister--came out An-ne...have called her ANNIE ever since...everyone does 23 years later. Wow 106 is HOT! thank God it is down.

MICHELE Aw come on girl...share everything with us, even the coplaints!! that's why we are here Hope the flu bug flys away soon.

SUNNY ROOFERS got ya down Hope not.

SAMI Prayers for your friend. Great to hear about the dietician and nurse...you are on your way dear!!

WILMA Not building anything on the house, TEARING down some 3 foot by 6 foot all block and stucco planter boxes though. Going to save 3 more but taking those out since the puppies are eating all the tomatoes. Moving them around to the side yard...gonna cost me $450 to get a dumpster..or at least that much for a guy to load it...these dogs are killin' me

MKAY Hope you and DH did church TOGETHER..prayers.

SPROUT KEEP WALKING!!

SUE and SHERRY...hope all is well!

Off to bed...Gary
Old 08-02-2004, 12:54 PM   #6  

Default I'm Back

Thanks to all that missed me! Welcome to bunna, cheri hope I didn't miss anyone. I had an awesome vacation, I left for my parents house a few days before we actually left for Alaska. We left for Alaska on June 24th- We went cross country by Amtrak the empire builder ( goes across Northern U.S.) That was alot of fun, got to see alot of stuff rockies, cascades ect. We took a bus from Seattle to Vancouver , B.C. Spent the night in Vancouver. Then a Princess cruise up the inside passage went to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Whittier, Glacier Bay, Prince William sound, Lynn Canal. Then a bus from Whittier to Anchorage spent two days in Anchorage did a day trip to Seward- Did Kenaii Fjord tour, Then Alaskan Rail to Whittier took Carnival cruise back down where we hit alot of the same ports inclunding Sitka. Alaska is everything I expected and so much more. The rugged snow capped mountains, and the wildlife we saw. The flowers were everywhere, fireweed, and towns had beautiful flowers all over. We say orcas, sea lions, sea ottors, hump back whales, white sided dolphoins, mountian sheep and goats, brown bears, black bears elk, moose. ect. Alaska is so big you can't even begin to see it all. We took amtrak back, I was home Mon-Thurs. but was working long hours no chance to get to my computer at home. Left with nine teenagers and 3 other adults for 10 day missions trip to South Jersey, it went extremely well, the kids were a blessing to so many people.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:22 PM   #7  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome back Sue. My dh and I are planning on going to Alaska in a year or two. We are pretty excited.

How is everyone? I was up early this morning to take two of the cats in for shots so now I am ready for a nap.

My employees little girl is still really sick so back to the doctor today for more testing. I know her mom would not approve but am praying for her anyway.

Gonna make some black bean chili for dinner so off to the store. Will check in later.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:16 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Monday

Hi Ladies--

Just finished dinner...I had to cook tonight 'cause Angie has 3 days of "workshops" for school this week then all next week. Sure has been nice with her home for the summer..cooking everyday!! Made goulash..my mom's way...simple-- elbow macaroni, browned hamburger and onions, diced tomatoes and a little tomato sauce...nothing to it but we like it like that...went gourmet with some bagged salad and fresh Italiano bread from Ralphs!!

SUE Glad to see you back and busy as usual! Looks like you had a great time on "OUR" vacation!! Good for you!! As you probably read mine in Virginia was pretty cool too...different...but cool.

BUNNA I could go for some chili...problem here is no one wants it but me when it is warm outside. Sorry to hear your waitress'es daughter is still not good...we will all pray anyway...isn't about the mom if ya know what I mean!!

Well i hope everyone else is well...gotta go...puppies ya know
Old 08-03-2004, 07:07 AM   #9  

Smile

Good Morning CER's!!!

All is finally settled with the roofing company ~ WooHoo ~ as of Monday morning at 7:30 ---

I am sorry I didn't return yesterday as I planned, but I had allot of paperwork to do (bill's) after the guy left here and it took all my energy to finish up. The first payment for the roof is due 9-2-04 next month and I want to be ready for it. We got a payment plan from the roofing co. 12 months same as cash and we are planning to have it paid for in 11 months. Don't want to pay any more then we were quoted for this job. I love all the companies that are doing the 12 months same as cash --- NO INTEREST

All was going well with the roofing crew till the second day of the job... I think they were getting tired and were rushing a bit more to get done before the next rain that was to come that evening (but didn't). They began to drop the shingles down so hard from their shoulders onto our roof that our dining-room light fixture lifted up and off the hook slamming it right into the soup tureen on our table shattering it into thousands of pieces My Mom gave it to me & it was passed down from her mother to her. I was soooo bummed out for like 2 days! I was sitting at the table with Joe having lunch when it all happened!! Joe had just gotten up from the table to get us drinks, otherwise the way the lamp fixture was swagged it would have hit Joe in the face/chest... so it could have been so much worse of a situation. So I did some searching on the net to get a value of the tureen before he got here and after almost 2 hours of searching I finally found it. It had a value of $69.00 listed and could be auctioned off at around $75.00 - $80.00. He gave us $80.00 for the Soup Tureen and $20.00 for the trinkets that broke in my picture box when it fell off the wall in our spare room... we owed them $250.00 for the sheets of rotted wood that were replaced (over & above the cost of the roof materials & job, which we were informed about prior to the job) and so he took the $100.00 off there and I wrote him a check for $150.00 instead of $250.00. Joe & I were please with the $100.00 he took off and his apology for the accident. He also will see what he can do about warning future clients in the ranch style homes and manufactured homes (like ours) of possible damage & to secure their treasures & fixtures. I am going to make a follow up call in a week and see what is being done ~ for my peace of mind, wanting them to say something before a job is done to clients, and sparing others of this kind of loss I feel so much better now that everything is all taken care of and they were fair to us, especially since they are a Christian based company. It's all done now... yeah!!!!! Joe & I spent about 2-3 hours with a huge magnet picking up staples and nails after having the job done. They did clean up, but there's no way they would have gotten it all... we are still finding nails But the driveway had to be all cleared before we could bring the jeep & truck back onto it. And all our sidewalks had to be washed before we put all our flower pots back. They were going to put everything back for us, but we told them not to bother - because we wanted to clean up first. All in all we feel the job was done beautifully and they guys were great. We treated them to drinks and pizza and they said no one has ever done that in all the years they have worked for the company... cool beans They worked so hard & did a wonderful job not to be treated well. Joe & I know they get paid well, but a treat never hurt anyone. I am just glad that it's done! And so are my boys!! Domino didn't seem to mind at all, once he got use to the sounds he slept as usual on the sofa. BUT the two brothers (Guido & Zeppe) are a different story! They spent 2 Days under our bed All Joe & I could see were eyes and toes peering out once in awhile --- just too funny! They probably thought the sky was falling

Our next big project is going to be the driveway, once we know what the park owners are going to do with the main road we can begin that project. And the house will look so much better from the road. Soon we are going to get the pressure sprayer from Johnny (Joe's brother) and then clean the house of mildew & dirt and then we want to repaint all our shutters brown again - they are so sun faded. Then we'll begin the interior projects (2005-6) that we have planned. Joe & I want to do as much as we can on our own there --- it will be allot of work, but ohhh the accomplishment when it's all finished the way we want it to be. And with Lowe's & Home Depot we can't go wrong. They too have offers of 12 months same as cash with their credit cards... and we plan it all well, we should have most of our projects done and paid for by 2007-8. Well... ... ... it looks good on paper

*~*~*

*GARY*
It's so good to see you back again... I am afraid I have failed these days with my devotion in keeping up the thread, Gary... I have to give my *hats off* to Bunna, Michele, Sprout & MKay these days in doing that

Nope... not bummed anymore... ... was... when the Soup Tureen first was broken & I realized how much it meant to me in sentiment (& not just in $$ value) being that my grandmother just passed 2 years ago. But it is only an item --- & her memories are still with me. I just wanted to be treated fairly and not be taken because we are kind people and it all worked out well. We are very happy with the job & how the company handled things.

Say "Hello" to Angie for me I hope that everything flows for her in getting back to school. I bet it was nice having her home for the summer for you and for her! But I bet that she also missed her kids too and is excited about going back again... no?

*SUE*
It is soooooo good to have you back! I too have missed you and am so glad that you had such a wonderful time on your trip. It all sounded absolutely beautiful... did you get allot of pictures????

*BUNNA*
Thanks for the well wishes --- the roof is finished!!!
I am so sorry to hear of the waitresses' daughter... I too will lift her in prayer. My husband is Italian - he's #7 (a great # I might add ) out of 10 children... and they have a favorite restaurant here called *Guido's* that sounds very much like your restaurant. What is the name of your place?

*MICHELE*
How are you feeling?? Joe had that flu for 3 days! It hit him real hard with a headache that wouldn't leave him and a high fever. He said his skin didn't hurt, but mine does when I get fever too. But it really took allot out of him... I hope you feel better soon, my goodness girly - you sure have had allot happen to you in illness this year with your back and all --- I do hope that soon you will feel better "allllllll over your booody" ( remember Jonathan Winters? ). You have my prayers!

*WILMA*
I too have been eating many a salad from our little patch of home grown lettuce - love it! Sounds like you are hanging in there with your exercise... keep up the great work. How was your visit with your friends??? I hope you had a wonderful time with them.

*SAMI*
Sounds like you have found someone to really help you... I was thinking of getting a dietician. I have worked so very hard (putting in 45 miles for July & went to Curves 10 x for the month) and I haven't lost one pound more. I haven't given up and have set a Goal of 12 times at Curves for August and 50 miles walked... maybe if I kick things up a notch (BAM!) I will see better results.

*MKAY*
Long time no see... are you okay???? Just busy with that roofing job you mentioned? It's allot of hard work (!) - I am impressed if you are helping with it!

You all were just to funny talking about hot dogs... that's what I love about this thread --- we are like the Jerry Seinfeld show and we talk about nothing and can make it fun! It sounds like you are doing very well on the South Beach Diet --- keep up the great job, Mary. My sister has lost 14 lbs now and is feeling wonderful. Me... ... I seem to be in a stall. I am just gonna keep on truckin'

Hello's to all the others out there!!!!
*ANGEL* SPROUT * SHERRY * DEENIE M * AGGIE * VALERIE... hope to see you back soon!

Well gang... I must be going --- haveta get a bite to eat and
get ready to go to Curves this morning.
Take Care everyone!! *Have a Great Day*
Loves,
SunnyD <><

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0
AuGuSt MiLeS: 1.0

JuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times
AuGuSt CuRvEs: 1 Time

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 08-03-2004 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:14 AM   #10  

Hello it is great to see everyone posting again!
Michele-You now we are here for you. And Me of all people understand how you are feeling, By the things you have posted I really think you may have fibromyalalgia I went down the same path with the pain and all the xrays and lots of tests.............. A lot of Dr. still don't want to admit fibro is real. They think there has to be an underlaying other cause. Mine also started out 12 yrs ago where I was so tired I couldn't hardly get out of bed. And then progressed futher. My prayers are with you.
Bunna-What a cute story! I will pray for your workers dd. Do they know what it is?
Ez-Now you remember why you didn't want a pet to began with. But you know you love them and would never get rid of them.
Sue-So glad you had a great time on our trip! Wow it sounds so wonderful!
Sunny-So sad that your things got broken. But glad they treated you so well. One thing the nurse said is not to worry if I don't lose right away your body has to adjust to each new step and then it will before you know it start dropping again. So just keep going like you have do not worry so much about what the scales say and before you know it you will start losing again.
Mkay-how is the jewelry making going?
Sprout-How is your diet going?
Sorry if I missed anyone. Got to go to work!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #11  

Default Hi- Try again-

I had another whole post behing that one, but my mouse snagged on the chair and for some unknown reason wouldn't work any more so I couldn't do anything- so fustrating, I had to leave for work and couldn't take time to figure out what was wrong either, but I unplugged the mouse a few times and plugged it back in and after about the 3rd time, it started working I don't know go figure. Anyway before I was interrupted I was going to say.
We left on a fri. we picked 3 teens up at BBC which is Baptist Bible Colledge where they were doing a week of teen leadership program, we stayed at BBC that night in the dorms, then went to Krispy Cremes I know but teens love doughnuts of course they had to drag me along kicking and screaming
Then we were on the road to Mt Laurel, in S. Jersey were we stayed and used as a base church (Fellowship Baptist Church) The kids did their program in the morning service then to Red Lion Baptist in the evening then to nursing and retirement homes on Tuesday. We went to Philadelphia on WEd. took the train into the city. Say The Liberty Bell which I had never seen then went to a bunch of stuff on Ben Franklin, went to Christ's Church were Ben went to church, then to the old-d-d burial ground connected to church were He and several signers of constitution are buried. neat to walk around and read old tombstones from 1700's. Then Betsy Ross's house. Great day. Thurs. and Sat. we took them to Ocean City to the beach and the boardwalk which was nice. Then Sunday they did two worship services and Sundayshcool and came home on Sunday so really busy week but great time.
SHERRY- Happy Belated Birthday! I pray all is well with you, and with getting c-pap that machine has helped my father out so much, as he has sleep apnea as well.
WILMA-Awesome picture, you have a great looking family, and as long as inches are disappearing I wouldn't worry about the scales your doing great congrats!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #12  

Default continued-

Welcome Bunna, Cheri, and anyone else I missed! Senile in my old age ha ha Bunna thanks for welcome back! Alaska was very beautiful, it is so amazing with what He made in 7 days, how much prettier Heaven will be, its unimaginable. Sorry to hear about your employees daughter, pray she is soon feeling better. Question how is black bean chili different from regular, just the color of the bean or does the bean have a whole different taste.E.Z.- HI! I tried to get them to hold the boat, but they couldn't e ven for you! So glad to hear you and Angie had and awesome vacation, and got a chance to relax. Puppies sound like they are recovering from their surgerys well! Yum! Goulash sounds like what my mom made. Save me a bowl, I swing by on my way to work! SUNNY- So happy to hear all worked out with the roof and thanks for the big welcome back! missed you guys! Mitchy- SORRY YOUR STILL NOT FEELING WELL, WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS!Sami- So sorry to hear about Billie Jo will keep you and her family in my prayers. How are you feeling now better? Well gotta run develop my tons of pictures, (sunny- I bought a digital camcordor and it does both pictures and video way cool. so I took lots., See ya all later, have an awesome day)
Sprout- thanks for all your devotions, and for giving us a way to stay focused, how is everything with you, and your family going,?Hi to all others Angel, Deenie, Aggie, Valarie ect.

Last edited by doitforme; 08-03-2004 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:55 AM   #13  

Talking Some roofing pictures for you...

Good Morning All!
Just thought I would share some pictures with you of our roofing adventure

*~*~*

Zeppe napping --- the calm before the storm, little does he know
what is to come

Here you can see what the old roof color was... a brick red/brown color (dark)

The roofers and the mess!

Our new roof color *Shakewood* looking from front to back.

New roof & Ridge Vent from back toward the front --- ain't it pretty?!

Have a Wonderful Day!!!
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 08-04-2004, 10:45 AM   #14  

Default Sunny-

Nice pics! You didn't climb up there to take them did ya? Quiet here, I am camping till SAt. When I go to work, car is in the shop leaking brake fluid, hope nothing major. Gotta run, be back to check in Monday. See ya!
Old 08-04-2004, 12:03 PM   #15  

Default Hello All!

I feel like I’ve been away too long. Anyway…

Sue- You are a busy bee. Glad you are back.

Sunny D- Great pics of the roof. Just think…done soon. I wish I had the initiative to do my curves at least 2x a week. I’m just too tired that I just want to come home from work, cook dinner, scarf that down and then there’s always the house, laundry, etc., that curves is the last place I want to be. I should change that attitude.

Michelle- C’mon…tell all. We are here for each other to vent, cry on shoulder, etc. There’s only one way out when we’re feeling like we are sucking dirt and that’s look up!

Gary- My DH Gary did pray for me in church on Sunday. We formed small groups of three or more and then we all pray for each other. I had a request and he prayed for me. He usually does not pray out loud in front of people only at the dinner table. As far as praying at home together…nada.

Bunna- You’re doing sooooo good on SB. I’ve been tasting sugary stuff lately…EEK! I DON’T want to get started on it again to where I will have to super suffer again.

Everyone else…What’s up?

It’s cool in Michigan today. Only to 70ish. I hope DH will turn the A/C off for a few days so I can feel something other than mechanically generated cold air.

Our 6-year anniversary is on Friday. We are going out with my sister and her hubby. We’re going for pizza. No…I probably won’t be good. I will want at least 2 pieces of pizza blanketed in parmesan cheese dried out from the cheese. Yipee!

I’m waiting for Hobby Lobby to have a sale on jewelry makings so I can buy and start making more jewelry, bookmarks and some zipper pulls for a craft show in October. Just a small one at my M&D’s trailer park.

We brought Nikki (our doggie) to Lake Michigan last night to go swimming. Some kids that were there LOVED to play with her in the water. They were riding her like a dolphin. She slept ALLLLL the way home.

Well, back to the grind. Have a great and blessed day!
Closed Thread