Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 01:45 PM   #121  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all!

Judy~gosh, your poor friend. Just makes you realize how ugly people can be in this world. Sorry to say, but she sounds better off without her husband.

Sherry~love your posts! So cheery. Sounds like you need to take care of yourself. Does the water retention happen from too much salt in the diet? Isn't that painful? Are you able to take water pills? Do what you need too to be healthy...

Marilyn~thanks for the devotions! Love them. I'm on day 13 today of the Lord's Table. It was a true blessing, thank you!

Wilma! that was an inspirational story about that lady. I think God puts those people in our lives on purpose. She made an impact on you, and you have shared it with us. It's cool.

Where's Gary?.....Rylee is keeping him busy i suppose. What's for dinner, you haven't said lately.

Sunny! Did DH take vacation? Where are you sweets?

Hello to all and you are in my prayers!
Old 04-20-2004, 05:28 PM   #122  

Hello Everyone!
I always enjoy reading what you guys have written! You are an awesome group!
I weighed in without a change yesterday and started to get bummed out.
this was my devotions for today i wanted to share them:

John 6:26-29
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, ........ 27Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval." 28Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?" 29Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

I believe that understanding and implementing this truth will bring
me victory over my old eating habits.......... I have spent most of
my Christian life with misplaced priorities. Today I pray that I
could do the work of God........ Believe.......Praise God He is Good! I am back on track today with a new attitude. I feel like I can do this weightloss thing!
Is this guy funny or what ?

Marilyn thank you for the devotions. "The busier I keep myself, the thinner I get!" this was affirmation to me to get busy....... living......

Sunshine lady I am praying for you today. Lord Father God touch this dear lady and heal her. Take away the pain.... Give her wisdom on what to do. Bring Your kingdom. Bless her Lord fill her with your Spirit. In Jesus name I pay amen

Sherry You are doing great... I pray that the Lord brings you increase! (In your loss) (:

Sami I am praying for you as well. Rest in Him.

Sue thank you for the encouragement to not give up!
Gary....my husband's name is Garry.......... You must be an wonderful man of God with such a great name

DeeniM Thank you for explaining things to me. Congratulations on your loss!! if I were to lose 1/2 lb a week I would have 26 lbs gone by this time next year.

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
-- Philippians 4:20
Old 04-20-2004, 08:09 PM   #123  

Default Hi there!

Valarie- Hi there- thanks for the devotional, keep your chin you'll get there
Judy- Sorry to hear about your trouble at the hospital, and the surgery, pray it all heals well and your soon feeling better. sorry to hear about your friens, sounds like her husband's family is very dysfunctional.
Sami- sorry to hear about your Aunt, my deepest sympathy. your boss sounds real nice and compassionate.
Wilma- warm weather should be there soon we had a day almost in the 90's yesterday, absolutely beautiful. It was neat to hear about that lady
Sherry- sorry to hear your not up to par- you need to get some rest, my dear. camping would be just what the Dr. ordered.
Mitchy- So happy that things worked out for you, the Lord does provide.
E.Z., Sunny , aggie,connie, angel deenim, ect. hi and pray all is well
Old 04-20-2004, 10:09 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi gang--Sorry to be mia but I have had to long of a week end and Monday I was to wiped out to do anything but go to bed.

there isn't much news.

Got and email from H and R block stating that I have to snail mail my state return and I have no earthly idea where to start looking. uggggh thought taxes were over and done. Guess not.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:51 AM   #125  
Southern Belle

Smile Wednesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!
I'm batting my eyes this morning and sipping my trying to wake up. I have a big smile on my face cause we won our game last night. We won 9 to 1!!!! My girls did so well!!! It was a whole different experience last night, no fussing over the rules, no problems, just a great game without the stress. Now if I could just get the rest of my life to be like that. Kelli's team lost last night so I guess you take the bad with the good. She's kinda bummed out. They haven't lost but one other game all season. She is doing so much better these days, especially since she now has her own wheels. She doesn't like the tight rein I have on her but she will make it through. I got her a cell phone and make her text message me when she gets to her destination and when she leaves. Very little on her own time to just drive around. I can't help being over protective of her. She's almost 17 with strawberry blonde flowing curls and sunkissed skin that makes her absolutely beautiful!! And she has lots of spirit, not that I would ever want to shatter that, but just son't want to give her the opportunity to make it soar. Anybody understand that?

Ceejay~ Sorry to hear you have been feeling bad and having trouble with those taxes. UGH!! Hope this finds you feeling better.
Sue~ Yes, I do need more rest. I did rest yesterday some, I slept in, took all my Lasix and got a few lbs off but still need more. But today the other nurse is off and I've got like 10 patients to see. But God will go with me and get me through it.
standnngrace~ Thanks so much for your beautiful prayer!! {as she wipes the tear from her eye} You are so sweet!!! I loved your devotion. I'm going to post it on the frig and hopefully make it a flag to wave and get my attention before I eat. Thanks.
Michele~ To answer your questions, yes, yes, yes sometimes. :LOL: Here's the answers. Yes, salt in my diet makes me swell, especially any type of soda Yes, it's painful. Yes, I do take a diuretic when I can. But going house to house seeing patients makes it really hard. Some of them, I don't mind using their potty but others, oh my.
And I have been so busy, it's hard to take it. Normally I work M-W-F and every other weekend, so at least I can take my lasix every other day, but the last week and a half we have admitted 5 or 6 patients that are daily. That's 35-42 extra visits a week and there are only the two of us nurses. So, we always, pickup and see them and then it will drop back off. If they were to hire someone else, then when it drops off, then we wouldn't be getting our quota. Understand???
Judy~ So sorry to hear about your friend's pending divorce. That's so hard on the kiddos. Like a rollar coaster ride.

Well, I better hurry and get ready for work. Just wanted to take a few minutes while I sipped my to post. Hope EVERYONE HAS A GREAT HUMPDAY!!!!! Talk atcha soon.

[/size]
Old 04-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #126  

Hello I just have a quick min. We have big wigs comming to our work and the boss is stressing. So today will be a late night. I really need to come home and get things done around here. My Ashli is having trouble getting her homework done and driving me nuts. Right now money is really tight please pray that things get better soon................ We have had a several big unexpected things happen and it is killing us................. But other wise I am thankful that things are going well. I feel I am still losing. I go back to the Dr. In two weeks and I will be able to tell then. My 16 yr old has prom Sat she doesn't even have a date (she didn't want one) she says then she doesn't have to worry about them wanting something after prom. She said most of her friends are going with just friends so she will have lots of people to dance with if she wants. Boy times have changed.

Well got to run. Prayers for all.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:18 PM   #127  

Hi everyone,

Went to my bible study this morning. We are studing Ruth. Thank God I have a fellowship of christian friends. Life is so hard nowadays. How can people survive without Christ in their life?

I need prayer for my friend who is getting a divorce. Her husband wants a legal seperation and a restraning order. They only lived as husband and wife for three weeks before his ex-wife seduced him. They have no property together so this seperation is so he can live in sin. He does not want her near him so she can't get evidence of adultery. She does not have the money to get a good lawyer. He lived in her home after they got married and did not help with the morgage or household expences. He is a big man and ate alot of food. She is disabled with a back enjury. She supports her son by watching other peoples children during the day.The only money he ever gave her was 50 dollars. They meet in a christan singles group ,and dated a year and a half before they married. The ex-wife never showed any interest in him until he remarried.My friends name is Karen. She is very bitter ,please lift her up in prayer.She needs to move on in her life for the sake of her son.

I'll write to everyone tomorrow
Old 04-21-2004, 04:00 PM   #128  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon CER's...
Just a brief note to let you guys know that I am doing fine.
Thanks for the PM Michele

I have just been so very busy and also have had allergies that are affecting my eyes pretty bad... makes it difficult to see the computer monitor. Anyway, I will try to post this evening while the hubby is out.
Looks like I have a bit of catching up to do!

Luv you guys...
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-21-2004, 05:58 PM   #129  

Default Dieters devotions for April 21, 2004

April 21

Luke 6:25
'Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.'

As Christians, we need to keep in mind that we live in a world of terrible inequality. While we have the opportunities to overeat and overindulge, many people have no such chances. So many people starve. It is surely humbling to realize that much of our obesity comes from living in a culture where we can have pretty much all we want. The Lord Jesus Christ chastised the people of His day who were filled with the good things of life, because they ignored their brothers and sisters who had nothing. As we diet and feel the hunger in our stomachs, we are more aware of the feelings of our neighbors around the world who do not have enough to eat.
Today's thought: Make me less, Lord: less body, less selfishness, less ego!
Old 04-21-2004, 08:37 PM   #130  

Smile

Good Evening CER's ~

I think my last post was on Saturday: we had a wonderful time that evening at the birthday party for my friend & her daughter! Everyone was in such a great mood because we had allot of sunshine... makes a huge difference in everyone's moods.
Sunday: We went to church and when we got home we went out into the yard to putts around in the garden for a bit; then we rented a movie "Runaway Jury" --- good movie - I recommend it! We had dinner and off we went to the Fashion Bug to go pick up all the clothes I picked out on Sat. I didn't buy them on Saturday because the manager told me that there was a special night (Sunday from 6-9pm) I could come to and get it all for 50% off!! So she held all my clothes for me till Sunday night, so nice of her. We usually do not shop on Sunday's but made an exception this time. So we went there to pick up the clothes and then we went to Annie's (Joe's sister - she invited us over that morning at church). We stayed till 9:00 and when we got home I fed the cats and went to bed! I was exhausted!
We both were!
Monday: I had so much to get done... I did my workouts - an hour on the T-mill and 35min with the Sculpting bands and then I spent most of the day switching out our closets from winter to summer (finally!). Still haven't finished... it takes time because I go through it all and weed out what I don't where anymore for the Good Will. This year I had to take the time to try everything on, so I knew what to keep. Then I had to iron all of Joe's shirts that were in the ironing (yes, I still iron - still not done). Then I washed floors and scrubbed bathrooms... sound like fun, NOT!
Tuesday: I got in my workout 1hour and 10min on T-Mill, but got to feeling very tired... so I spent most of the day catching up on some reading. Well, till my eyes began to bother me again! I have been fighting allergies in my eyes - and it's been pretty bad this year. Not as bad now but still bothering me.
Today: I only did 1/2hour on the T-Mill and was going to Curves, but didn't feel well - my eyes again. So I went shopping to get my sister's birthday gifts instead this morning and then spent the afternoon making a couple cards for her and wrapping everything. Then had to clean out all my fishbowls and get dinner made... pork loins on the grill that were marinated (in olive oil, fresh garlic, fresh ginger & red wine - yum) and served with Brown Rice & Steamed veggies.

Now to catch up with all these posts

*~*~*
Old 04-21-2004, 08:44 PM   #131  

Smile

MICHELE -
I am so happy to hear that all worked out well with Charlie and your taxes God always comes through when you lean on him

How are you doing with your program? So far so good for me... the clothes are so much looser, but the weight has not changed. I know what Sami stated before is right (about muscle weighing more then fat), so I am just hanging in there and working hard. I'll go to Curves tomorrow morning since I missed this morning.

MARILYN -
I always enjoy your post of inspirations. I am so glad you are feeling better and over that flu finally! How's your program going? Hope you are doing okay...

CEEJAY -
I hope you are doing better... darn those taxes anyway!

SHERRY -
Thanks so much Sherry... it does feel good to go down a size. As far as the snakes goes... I grew up with snakes in the desert, so they don't bother me at all. In fact, I picked one up to hold it for a little bit and directed it out of the bike path we were on. I really want a tortoise & if I had the space to care for it properly I would get one, but I don't so I won't. The only thing that I really hate are spiders! Otherwise, most creatures don't frighten me.

As far as the computer - I must agree! I would be lost without mine!! I am not near any of my family (only Joe's family lives close by)... so I stay very close via computer to my loved ones In fact, I just got the nicest letter from my mother!!!! Very rare! Complementing me on my progress with my diet... she too has gained some weight in the last few years and is fighting to get it off (she was thin almost all her life) and now understands my struggles. We support one another now - nice feeling to have her support! Wonderful feeling! I see you found one of my graphic sites... hope that they don't disappear again. I have used it before and after a day or so they disappear on me. I think she has the bandwidth changed every now and again and that'S why it goes away. We'll see.
CuteColors is one of my favs!

Yeah!!!! For your team winning 9-1! So happy for you and your girls!!
Keep up the wonderful work, Sherry.

DEENIE M -
How's your mini-goal coming along? Congrats on your 1.5# lost recently I know how great it is to see even 1# loss. Keep up the great job!

JUDY -
"WELCOME BACK!"
I wondered where you had gone! I am so very sorry to hear of the surgery you had to go through and it still not working for you. How hard that must be to accept! I hope you are doing better now.

I will hold your friend in prayer... sounds like she is caught up in quite a mess!! How very sad! I hate that Jerry Springer Show!!! I don't HATE much, but I do that show!

Your bible study on Ruth sounds great! I have stated the very same thing to my Joe & to my friend, Peggy... "How do people survive without Jesus Christ in their lives?" I know I couldn't!

GARY -
Sounds like Rylee gives you and Angie a run for your money! So sad that Angie has lost all her roses in her backyard, but Rylee knows her stuff - roses are very nutritious!

How did the clothes shopping go with Ron?
Success?!?

VALERIE -
Thanks so much for sharing your devotions!
Always wonderful to have such positive reading material

SUE-
So happy to hear that all went well with the lock-in and that you had so many kids!
Just wonderful!!

AGGIE -
How's the new computer working for you? Coming along okay?
Yes, I will post the directions for posting images for you all to see, okay.
Soon I will post them.

WILMA -
So happy to hear that you had such a WONDERFUL 25TH ANNIVERSARY!
Soon... Joe and I will be celebrating our 29th...
where does the time go?

What a great story you shared about the lady at the bank! Really gives me incentive to keep on trucking!
Thanks so much for sharing it! Her losing 140#'s sure give me the strength to hang in there to lost my 42 more #'s!

ANGEL -
I hope you know that I am thinking of you, I know how hard it is on you when you have your treatments!
I continue to hold you and your son & family in prayer.

and SAMI -
I am so very, very sorry for your loss of your DAuntie... you made such an effort to get to her funeral.
I am sure she knows and feels your love and devotion to her and your family.

I am happy to hear that you are still doing so well on your program and exercise in spite of your loss.
I will hold you in my prayers as you resquested... {{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*

Well, I think that is everyone... CONNIE??? You still lurking????
Come back and touch base - no need for you to post to everyone,
just come in and post, okay.

*God Bless*
and

SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-21-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:04 PM   #132  

Exclamation Stop!

STOP!
DO NOT POST HERE!

I BEGAN A NEW THREAD...

JUST CLICK ON THIS LINK BELOW TO NEW THREAD #183:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...815#post567815

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #133  

Hello all CE'rs,

It has ben hectic around here, and it just seems to be going downhill. I have been doing terrible lately, just can't seem to get back on program and stay there, so many functions to go to and so much to do. I find myself in situations where I just can't seem to keep from eating things I shouldn't, and there have been times I just ate!!! We are having some work done on our house and problems just keep popping up. I tell you I am so frustrated!! We are suppose to leave for vacation on Friday, we ware going to see our son in San Diego and to celebrate our anniversary on the 13th. I just wish we could just hold the home repairs till we get back. I am also worried about going on vacation and really blowing my eating plan. Ya'll please pray for me while I am gone to San Diego, please keep me in your prayers each and every day. Pray that I will have so much strength to resist foods I should not eat. It will be next to impossible to take along all the supplies I will need to stay on program, so I will need to eat a lot of salads and veggies and fruiits with some chicken and fish. I have only gained 3lbs, but that 3lbs could turn into 10 or 20 before I know it!! I have tried to catch up on the posts, but there is so much to do before I leave. I will check the site tommorrow, but that will be it till I get back on the 14th. May God Bless each and every one of you!! Happy Mothers day to you all !!
Love in Christ, aggie
Old 05-05-2004, 06:49 PM   #134  

Exclamation Closed Thread...

CLOSED THREAD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-05-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Closed Thread