Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #106  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Sunday

GORGEOUS SUNDAY HERE!

Just got home from church and am waiting for Ron to take a shower-- taking him to get a haircut for his D.C. trip and he has about a gallon of gel in his hair He has a difficult time combing it so "we" keep it short when he needs to look RESPECTABLE Otherwise I don't care what he does with it, as long as the school allows it, he can have it pretty much anyway he wants.

Angie and I went out for Italian last night then off to Target to get Ron some clothes for the trip-- he can destroy his clothes in NO TIME at all If I let him he would probably wear the same shirt and shorts EVERY day of the year....aahhhh....but it is a work in progress that I am happy to be a part of!!

RYLEE got a couple of pigs ears at Petco, she really loves them, one is gone already and the other half eaten--ANGIE says NO MORE...the gas thing ya know We got her a couple of new toys too!

Church was a little light today for people, this is a week our Pastor always takes off and the people know that...it is always lower in attendance the week after Easter...guess since HE IS RISEN we don't need to go To be honest Angie and I thought about not going too....So glad (AS ALWAYS) that we did.

Well off for haircuts....
Old 04-18-2004, 01:22 PM   #107  

Default Sw

Hey Stand - SW stands for my starting weight as of 1/5/04 when I actually "restarted" losing weight - so I guess I should have put RSW -haha!! HW signifies the highest I was at about a year ago! Praise the Lord I am not there anymore because as of January I was headed straight back to the top - and by the way everybody - you'll notice my CW has changed - yes I was down 1/2 pound this week which is pretty good considering 3 days visiting the folks - I am praying I'll hit that 20 lb. mini goal this week - gotta run - lots to do and have to go back to church at 5pm. Prayers to all - I'll try to catch up with you this week!!!

DeeniM
Old 04-18-2004, 04:34 PM   #108  

Default Dieters devotions for April 18, 2004

April 18

Ecclesiastes 7:8
Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

It doesn't take a genius to agree that the end of a diet is a lot better than the beginning. Oh, how wonderful it will be to finally reach the goal we set for ourselves, to finish this time of trial, temptation, and struggle! The Lord rejoices when we triumph in the pursuits of our everyday lives. He longs to see us happy and fulfilled. Pray to the Lord that He might bring you to the finish of your weight-loss program. He is faithful to stand beside us, granting the patience we need in all situations so we might finish victorious. Praise the Lord!
Today's thought: This day means I am one day closer to the end of my diet!
Old 04-18-2004, 05:47 PM   #109  
Quit counting at 45!

Just a quick note to let you know we made it back from our weekend. We had a glorious time. No TV- just lots of time of being alone together. Just what we needed for our anniversary. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I can't post to everyone individually but it looks like everyone is doing great. I plan to get back on track tomorrow even though I didn't do too bad on the weekend.

Talk to you again soon!
Old 04-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #110  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Sunday Night

HI GALS

WILMA So glad you had a great week-end!!

SHERRY Rylee just...so far..eats the roses and not the bush. Thanks for the blessings for DD and her tennis. Here is wishing you can catch up on your rest!

MARILYN How is the walking and exercise with DD going?

DEENIEM Enjoy your evening at church.

SUNNY So happy to see ANOTHER happy week-end with Joe!!

AGGIE Good luck with the computer.

SAMI How is the training going?

MICHELE Charlie-Charlie-Charlie lol

ANGEL My goddaughter called from the USS BOXER today, they are in Hawaii and on their way home!

SUE Take some time off already!!

CEEJAY Still paper plates?

STANDNNGRACE HI

Well gotta go and figure dinner out-- Angie is at a Creative Memories Party this afternoon so dinner is up to me and the nephew and son...should be healthy HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 04-18-2004, 10:12 PM   #111  

Default Starting of a new week

Gosh how times seems to fly by - is that a sign that I am getting old?

Things are going pretty well here. Over the terrible flue / cold I had, but got another one that is just about gone. Can't allow myself to get sick like that as it takes all energy and strength to keep the cancer under check.

Son is doing so much better. Really seeing a good change. Can't complain about his school at all - he really has been putting a good effort into it and doing really well on the exams. His big thing now is not to come home on time - always 10 - 15 minutes late - and always has a very good reason for being late. But we have not started taking away the skate board and that of missing 1 night of youth group when he is late. Have told him when he can be on time 3 - 4 times in a row, then 5 - 10 minutes is not a problem, but when consistently late - sorry things get taken away

Doing well with my walking and the gym. The exercise part of my life changes has been made - they are like breathing now - can't seem to live without them. Now just to make the food life changes the same way.

Ran into my doctor at church today - he asked about the walking. Was pleased that I am still so 'motivated' and 'disciplined' with it. He said as for the food 'just have to get disciplined and make it a priority as you did with the walking.'

Have started working out with my daughter - is really fun to watch her enthusiasm. Hopefully the two of us will soon see results.

Well, I am tired, stomach is a bit upset, so think I will go and lay down and read for awhile - reading the last in the Left Behind series -- very good reading!
Old 04-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #112  

Default Hi there!

E.Z. Glad to hear dd did well in tennis. Our son rise service started at 7am instead of 6am. We serve a big pancake breakfast after then have sunday school and morning service. It went really well. Sorryt o hear you best friend is destroying angies roses. Good thing he's cute. The China plans are going well, I just ordered my hepitiis A series about $125. dollars, I have already had hep. b series, I have to take typhoid shot then I think I am done.
Ceejay- Sorry to hear you've got so many allergies, great exercise mowing outside, but probably will make allergies worse. Congrats on 1.5 lb loss.
Sunny- Thanks for asking the lock-in went really well there was about 100 kids there all total with about 10 counselors. They had a great time. How cool, shopping for smaller clothes, its all that work , great job. I hear ya about puter updates, just downloaded another one this morning.
Sherry- I can't wait flowers are starting to come up and they look so pretty, I understand the pain of paperwork, I work for the state, and that is an area they excell at.
Mitchy- Glad to hear your feeling better- it is easy to get upset about those bills, especially being single you probably already pay a great deal of tax, and then to have to pay more. I know I paid over $7000 dollars in federal alone last year and only got back $1400, , and ended up paying the state, more yet.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:54 AM   #113  

Default continued-

aggie- good luck with the computer- you'll get the hang of it.
Sprout- I love the left behing series, I think they did a great job with that. Thanks for quote on patience, I needed to hear that.
Angel- Your still in my thoughts and prayers- for you and your family
Deenim- your doing great- down almost 20lb way to go. Hang in there.
Wilma- your doing great so happy to hear you had a nice weekend
Valarie- Hi there welcome- pop back in and let us know how your doing, were a happy little family .
I have been busy, but there is nothing new there- I bid on e-bay for a pharoahs crown we are doing a play and one of the kids will be pharoah,part of the missions trip we are doing to South Jersey this summer (4 days after I get back from Alaska) so that will be cool, if I can get that to go with the rest of his costume. Hi to any one else I missed, we are having beautiful weather- gotta get my site cleaned so I can put my camper up, See ya

Last edited by doitforme; 04-19-2004 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #114  

Remember me?

I miss you all. I had sinus surgery march 2. It was suppose to be out patient surgery ,but it ended up to be four hour surgery. The doctor admitted me for two days in the hospital from ****. I waited two hours for pain medication. I made my own bed because I was laying in blood for hours. Just my luck I got my period the day of surgery and I wasn't aloud to get out of bed. I got up any way to make the bed and clean my self up since no one was there to help me.I finally got a nurse when my sister from pennsylvania who is a nurse superviser called the hospital administration for help. I was on a heart wing in the hospital because they were short on beds. They were very short on staff. I will never go to a hospital without a friend or family member staying with me. All of my sinuses were infected and I could not hear out of either ear. The doctor said they had been infected for years. During surgery he also operated on my nose. I was hoping that it would help with my sleep apnea, but it hasn't so I am back on the cpap machine. I need to loose this weight In order to clear up the sleep problems.

Hi to all my old friends and hello to all the new.

" If a task is once begun, never leave it till it's done. Be the labor great or small, do it well or not at all"

Judy
Old 04-19-2004, 02:00 PM   #115  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wink welcome back Judy!

Aw Judy~that surgery sounds really awful. I'm sorry you had such a hard time of it. Praying for healing for you. I'm glad to see you back though. Post often.

Sorry Gary, I know i go on and on about Charlie........

I had a nice, long, relaxing weekend. Caught up on some sleep and things are looking much brighter this week. It's so awesome how God always provides. Without even knowing my situation my mother decided to give me a sum of money (I don't know how much, she asked if i wanted to know, but i said no) as kind of an early inheritance. I don't care how much, it's so needed and appreciated. I'm not just relieved because i know the money will be here, but i've decided to trust God. It was a lesson for me......

I'm going to focus on the program i'm doing this week and going to drink a gallon of water a day.

Oh, i went to early mass yesterday (8:00 a.m.) and a couple and the guy i was interested in from Alpha were there. We had a nice chat after church, we're going to maybe go to breakfast after church next week. John was a little shy around me again. We didn't talk alone, he didn't say anything about us getting together.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:51 PM   #116  

Hello I am sorry I have been gone but my Aunt died of lung cancer (she is the one I ask for prayer when my DD was getting married and I had gone and seen her while she was getting chemo) It was a long drive and I have to come back the next day because I am the only one who know how to do payroll. I kind of hurt my feeling that when I told my Boss the only thing she said was what are you going to do about Payroll? And I didn't stay for the funeral I just went for the two day viewing. It was a hard trip she lived in KY in the mountains (way in the mountains) I had to thank God for blessing me because this church she went to in a real small chuch that had 30 members no running water and an out house! I got to meet some of my family I have not seen in 30 years! It felt so good. I live here in Indy with no family except my Mom and brother on my side. My husbands family is big and I love them but it feels good to have some family ties. I will miss my Aunt she was my Favorite on my Dad's side. I am still doing great on the Diet I feel it has become away of life for me. And I am still working out! A year ago I would have never been able to drive the pain would have been too bad. I am sore but manageable. I want to Praise God for blessing me with some healing. I have so much more energy and feel so much better. I want to thank all of you for all the prayers that have gone my way.

I am sorry I can't post to each of you. I will try to post more Tues.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:08 AM   #117  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Sami: I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you've lost someone very special. It is nice to have family ties even if they're not very many. I am so impressed with you these days. It's wonderful when something good becomes a way of life. I find I now crave salads when I haven't had one in a few days. I am also thankful that your pain has lessened. God is Good!!

Michele: Isn't it great when God takes care of us? Remember when Gary reminded you of last year? It's happened so many times in our lives too when things are so low and then something unexpected happens.

Judy: It sounds like you've been through ****. I can't believe how some people get treated in the hospital. I sure hope you're on the way to recovery.

doitforme: Flowers and camping!! Sound wonderful. Up here it'll be at least another month before either happens. There's still ice on the lakes and snow in the country. Here in the city it's almost gone but is still quite cool.

sprout: It sounds like things are improving in all areas of your life. I agree with what your doctor said but sometimes it's so hard to make it happen.

Gary: GLad to have you back. I did have a super weekend. Our cabin was right on the lake, had a hot tub on the deck and lots of privacy. It was so nice to be alone with each other. We got home on Sunday afternoon and DS asked what was for supper and I told him that I was still away and he was still on his own. He managed quite fine.

I met a lady yesterday who really inspired me. I work in a bank and she came in to cash a cheque. She didn't have an account so I asked her for her ID. She kind of looked like her picture but was much thinner. She told me she had lost 140 lbs. and still had 40 to go. We talked a little while and she told me she had done it by eating properly and working her butt off(literally). It made me realize that the 20-30 lbs. I have left to lose is nothing compared to what this woman had done. It took her 2 years to lose it.

Anyway, gotta head to work. Have a super day!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:09 AM   #118  
Southern Belle

Smile Tuesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!

I have been so busy for days and am totally exhausted!!! I slept in some this morning and have no visits and no work meetings today. Do have a softball game tonight and pictures but maybe I can rest and get some of this fluid off me before that time. I am up 6lbs and I know it's all fluid. My hands and bilateral lower legs are so very swollen. I even had bad chest pains last night and had to take several nitros. But I knew I was over doing it, but I needed the visits.

Wilma~ I crave those salads too and I'm craving today. Wow, isn't that something about the lady that lost 140lbs!!!! I am totally impressed!!!!! You said she ate properly and worked her butt off, did she say how she did that? So glad you and dh had a terrific time on your anniversary trip!!! It sounds totally awesome!!! Can you send it down south for us??? I need it today!!! No rush though.

Sami~So sorry to hear about your aunt!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} And sorry to hear how cruel your boss was about the whole thing!!! I'm proud of you, and you are an inspiration to us all with the way you have taken charge of your life and already made a difference!!!! Taking the trip proved that to you, didn't it? The mts in KY are beautiful, I hope you got to take in a view or two on your long trip. I always enjoy meeting new family like distant cousins, etc.. I have plenty and they are in the mts of TN. You just post when you can, my friend. We totally understand.

Michele~ So glad you had a long relaxing weekend!!! You deserve it!!! And trusting God has turned out just wonderful!!! I'm so proud for you!!! Breakfast next week sounds interesting.

Judy~ WELCOME back!!!!! Sounds like your sinus surgery was even worse than mine and I thought mine was bad. As a nurse, I am furious that you got treated the way you did!!!! UGH!!!! I'm so sorry. You could report them and it might help someone else. Your sleep apnea might still improve and getting your weight off should help. I'm in the same boat except the CPap didn't work well on me and I just sleep with O2 (oxygen).

Sue~ Glad to hear from you. I love the pretty little flowers so much!! And the camping!! I am trying to get dh to agree to go camping this weekend. I need to get away!!! But if we go, we have a lot to do BEFORE, getting the camper ready. So, I don't know if we will go or not. DH still isn't feeling real well, with the allergies, etc.. and spending several days in nature, might not be the best thing.

Sprout~ Sorry to hear you have been so sick!!! I'm sure fighting the CA is hard enough. Are you taking Procrit to give you a little more energy? Good for you sticking to your guns with your son!!! So proud of you doing your exercising and with your daughter!!! You are awesome!!! Hope this finds you feeling better!!! {{{HUGS}}}

Gary~How did your Creative Memories party go? I would love to have one of them sometime!! But the problem, is no time and around here, hardly anyone wants to come to them. So.... I guess I will pass for now. I found a cheap toy that Mocha (our Pug) loves and all it is . . is an empty plastic coke bottle with the cap removed and the bottle put inside an old tube sock and tied on each end in knots. Mocha loves it!!!! It makes a noise every time she bites it.

Deenie M~ Congratulations on being down 1.5 lbs!!!!! Yay!!!!

Well, gotta go now. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Tuesday!!!! Luv u all!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Old 04-20-2004, 11:21 AM   #119  

Hi friends,

SAMI- I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. My mother died from emphysema years ago. To this day it brakes my heart when I see people smoke.

just got a call from a friend who is going through her third divorce. I went to her wedding right before christmas. Her husband lived with her for three weeks. His ex wife started calling and leaving love messages on their phone and making honey do list for him. He is now back with the old wife. His son is gay and his daughter was on the Jerry Springer show last month exposing her breasts to the audience. Its worse then a soap opera. She wants me to babysit for her so she can see her lawyer. She is taking care of kids to support herself and her 15 year old son.

got to go love you all judy
Old 04-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #120  

Default Dieters devotions for April 20, 2004

April 20

Ephesians 5:15-16
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

A friend of mine always said, 'If we would only spend time doing what we know we should, there wouldn't be any time left over to do the things we know we shouldn't.' Simple truth, but hard truth to follow. When we diet, it is helpful to engage in activities that will prevent us from having the time to eat or even think about food. One person I knew joined a number of volunteer organizations, just so he would be too busy to eat all the time. We need to redeem the time that we spend in fattening endeavors, and turn instead to activities that are pleasing to God.
Today's thought: The busier I keep myself, the thinner I get!
Closed Thread