Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #31  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Good Morning Ladies

HI LADIES

Well, it is a beautiful day here--a little cool but still T-shirt weather (my clothing of choice for all occasions ). It was a great Good Friday service last night, my reading of Judas went well for me, only 2 lines, plus I read along with others the mockers and crowd lines. Then Angie and I went from the choir loft to sit with the our kids--it is rare they are all in church at the same time--typical Christmas and Easter services--my daughter is home then and my son gets those days off work, plus my step-daughter is usually here since her dad is not a church attender (the CRUTCH thing). The only one missing was my nephew, he really enjoys church, he loves to have a job to do like ushering or acoylyting--he was with his mom for his usual Friday night to Saturday night visit. I always inform him if he is going to miss something at church in case he wants to go and we make other arrangements with his mom--on missing Good Friday with us he said that's OK, we have been learning in school, youth group and confirmation about Easter, and we also have Good Friday service at school and I HAVE SEEN THE PASSION 2 TIMES The kid is learnin'! Angie took my daughter and step-d to see the movie yesterday, they had not seen it yet. We agreed at church last night that it is a MUST see EVERY GOOD FRIDAY!! During the readings last night they posted still pictures from the movie, everyone said it helped them to appreciate the day better. We exit church in silence and place nails in a cross (made by my brother and me from the Christmas trees on the altar each year)--I don't think anyone skipped it this year!

As you can see Rylee has been busy, she went for a walk with Angie this morning (now Angie is out on her 3 miler--Rylee not quite ready for that distance) now she is chewing up all the shoes in the entry- I AM TIRED OF TAKING THEM FROM HER

I have been working a lot and with all the sports going on it has been really busy around here--we actually had all the kids in the house at the same time yesterday--2 were sleeping on couches and 1 was sleeping in her room-ANgie was out in the yard digging up weeds with Rylee when I got home from work- I asked her where is your help? She just laughed and said didn't you here them snoring when you came in Asleep at 3 in the afternoon, go figure--just like me on a day off (they better stay out of my chair ) Of course after service Angie and I were heading home to rest and sleep for the evening and the kids were off to "play".

Going to sunrise service at 6 in the morning, then eat breakfast at church-and help serve probably, then regular Easter service, then come home and rest!!

Rylee is getting her 3rd set of shots today the Angie and I are taking her to Petco to get her a Easter basket--JUST KIDDING OR AM I (???)

I will sign off here and then post to each of you--too much to lose in cyberspace

HAVE A BLESSED EASTER WITH YOUR FAMILIES--HE IS RISEN INDEED, Gary
Old 04-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #32  

Default Dieters devotion for April 10, 2004

April 10

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Whenever food comes into my mind and I have the strongest urges to cheat on my diet, I just close my eyes, clear my head, and try to think of all the wonderful blessings God has given me. I ask God to help me, and then I wait very quietly for Him to answer my humble plea. God has never failed me. In some of the toughest situations, I feel His gentle presence, and my hunger and desire leave me. In the quiet times of our lives God comes the closest, because we do not shove Him aside with other concerns. Call upon God, then wait. He will come.
Today's thought: If I keep my mouth shut, food can't get in!
Old 04-10-2004, 12:38 PM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SAMI I am just lovin' it hearing that your are sore FROM EXERCISE!! You have a great attitude now and no matter what happens I know this will continue for you--it isn't going to be easy but you are ready this time!! It is OK to rest when needed girl--that is how we are able to continue going strong--remember what God gave us Sunday for. I think the trainer is really going to be great for you. Do your kids still decorate eggs at their age? My neighbor still does it-TRADITION he says, he is 83!! Angie is out of journals but she will get one off to you when she makes another printing, not sure when that is. Have a great EASTER!!

SUNNYD How is the bread? Great I know, I can smell it all the way here in California, Angie used to bake a lot of bread in her machine--the problem was I ate too much of it--so she had to slow it down a bit OH! I would beg and beg, but it did me NO GOOD!! she is a lot stronger than me!! I think it is way cool you have a treadmill now, Angie said I could get one if I ever do more than 2 months at 6 days a week--an hour each day--on the elliptical-- don't seem to ever get to that point anymore--I think the problem is...I can see the fridge that holds my beer from the elliptical I heard on the news this morning that you gals down there might get some stormy weather for Easter, sorry. Have a Blessed Easter with Joe and the boys.

WILMA So the ticket is peanuts huh My problem with peanuts is that I can't stop eating them once I start! How did your Good Friday dinner go? I bet Easter dinner at your house is quite the spectical Martha Congratulations on your up coming 25th!! what a good way to spend it too! It would have been my 25th in November if my ex hadn't left--I was sad then but sooo happy now with Angie--God is GOOD! Getting baskets for those boys? Have a Blessed Easter!

MICHELE Wow are things ever heating up with Charlie-- a good cook too--ahh, the way to a woman's heart Can't complain about a guy that can cook rice now can you I remember my dating days and staying up late--ouch! I also remember leaving Angie's apartment around 11pm then stopping by a fast food place--she never fed me enough when she cooked for me--I never told her until we were married! she was shocked! She knows what to do now though--serve me then run and put the food away Just kidding-she doesn't serve me!! and I can find the food no matter where she hides it Have a Blessed Easter!

SHERRY I am so sorry you are not feeling well! Hopefully the shot will kick in soon and help with the symptoms. How is softball going? Game today? I hope you enjoy your week-end off and can recuperate. I sure enjoy seeing your posts again. What kind of puppy do you have? if you told me I forgot (i do that a lot!!) Sure I am willing to switch--don't think the kids are though Maybe if you get enough the head will feel better! As long as it doesn't hurt the tummy. Have a grat week-end with your girls- did you mention what your daughter was in counseling for? if you did I missed it--not trying to be nosey!! just wondering --Prayers coming if needed! Have a Blessed Easter!

SPROUT So glad to hear of good news on your trip to the doctor and on your boy! Sorry Curves didn't work out for you but that you found a good place to work-out at! Nice that you were able to see your mom after 2 years-my mom is in Illinois taking care of her mom and I haven' seen her for almst a year now--I talk to her every week though. Have a Blessed Easter!

AGGIE Enjoy a Blessed quiet Easter with your husband.

SUE and ANGEL Missing your posts- have a blessed Easter with your loved ones.

WELCOME DEENIEM Have a Blessed Easter.

Well off to do yard work! IN CHRIST, Gary
Old 04-11-2004, 12:11 PM   #34  
Southern Belle

Smile

Happy
EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 12:17 PM   #35  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

He Is Risen Indeed!!
Old 04-11-2004, 01:20 PM   #36  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Old 04-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #37  
Southern Belle

Smile Easter evening

Happy Easter CEers!!!!!!!!!!!
It's been real quite here today. We had a nice but quiet Easter. My dh and I are still fighting allergies, sinusitis, etc and now my oldest dd is sick.
I have been resting, taking my meds including Tylenol and Ibuprofen alternating around the clock and still can't seem to cope well. Our temps here Friday were in the 80's and today the high got to 48 with wind gusts. Needless to say we didn't get "out" much except to feed the animals. We even missed church.

Gary~ The softball team is coming along. We have 13 on the team and only 5 had ever been on a team before. But they are really coming together and learning well. I am really proud of our team, especially the infield. They work pretty well together. My little dd, Kaci, has never played before but is really giving it her all. I had her playing 2nd (alternate) the other day and she was running all over the field, backing up others and getting the ball and getting runners out at 2nd base. I was totally proud!!!! Our first game is Monday night, so I guess that will be the true test. And it's suppose to rain and be 50's.

As far as the oldest dd, yeah, we need your prayers on that. I don't know if you remember or not, but she had a boy break her heart last year and it was a major deal. Well, she has been having depression ever since then. Recently she confided in a christian friend of ours (that also has depression) that she had considered suicide frequently. Anyway, long story short, we got her to the DR and she is now on Wellbutrin and seeing a counselor every week. Kelli is a WONDERFUL, GORGEOUS teenager that has a low self esteem and thinks everything is her fault. She blames herself for everything that goes wrong. She has very high morals, (gets mad at those that go out and get pregnant and then don't want to take responsibility for it, etc...) When her softball coach found out about her depression, she couldn't believe Kelli had it. She's very bubbly, outgoing, smiling, laughing, joking, etc but she keeps her REAL feelings inside and basically beats her own self up. My heart remains heavy with all that I've learned lately. She has been crying herself to sleep every night for months. I love her so much and am trying to do everything I can for her. She was trying her best to hide her problems from us because of all my problems, etc.. she didn't want to add to it. But now she knows, how we feel and that we very much want to help her and be there for her. That's what families are all about. So, ALL PRAYERS WELCOME!!!!

The "puppy" is a fawn PUG. She is the sweetest, most destructive puppy, I've ever had. She likes to chew on EVERYTHING. Even the cat!!! We named her Mocha. It's really my dh's dog, but as long as she's with the family she's happy.

Michele~ I hope this finds you rested and feeling better. Hope you and Charlie had a good time this weekend. I hope he was feeling better too. Your grilled chicken and vegetables sounds wonderful!!! Maybe he is a keeper. LoL Take care of yourself.

Well, better hit the hay, I won't want to get up in the am.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:27 AM   #38  
Southern Belle

Smile Monday morning :)

Good Morning CEers!!!!!!!

Well, it's Monday morning and I'm trying to open my eyes and wake up. My head isn't much better but I'm not in terrible pain right now. Still having echoing but maybe it's getting a little better. I sure hope so!!! DH seemed better this morning and dd is still sleeping. They are out of school still for "spring break". They go back to school tomorrow. I have 4 patients to see today and get ready for our first game tonight. I learned Friday that they don't have anyone that takes care of the field now and that each coach is responsible for cutting the field at least once during the season and has to "LINE" the field before EVERY GAME!!!! Well, that's something that I have NEVER done!!! Hopefully there will be someone there to help me this afternoon.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:27 AM   #39  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

GOOD LUCK IN THE "BIG" GAME COACH SHERRY--LINING THE FIELD IS EASY IF THEY HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT, JUST CHALK DOWN 1 AND 3 BASELINES AND THE BATTERS BOX. PRAYERS FOR YOUR DD, I DO REMEMBER THE BOYFRIEND. GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. OFF TO WORK.........HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT EASTER, WE SURE DID, SUNRISE AT 6 THEN BREAKFAST, HOME WORKING IN THE YARD, KIDS HERE EXCEPT IN THE AFTERNOON SON WENT DOWN TO WATCH THE PADRES AND GIANTS PLAY. LATER, GARY
PS-RYLEE IN TROUBLE WITH VET SATURDAY...SEEMS SHE HAS DIRT IN EARS, ROCKS AND WOOD CHIPS IN TEETH...HUMMM..GO FIGURE lol
Old 04-12-2004, 03:48 PM   #40  
Southern Belle

Smile Monday afternoon

Hello CEers!!!!!!!

I'm as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof about this afternoon. I would love to go to the softball field now and do the lines, etc.. but no one can go help me until 5!! I know I should be fine, but I'm not. Then I found out that Little League is having a big opening ceremonies next door where all their teams have to be present and accounted for. So, the place will be like an ant bed!!! I am trying not to eat and there's no one here!!! Where are all you sweet people???

At least the weather is cooperating. It's 59 degrees and sunny now and a little windy but not bad. If we can just hold out on the rain till after the game.

Well, hope ya'll have fun where ever you are.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #41  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, I was going to post something but i've decided to wait until after, and then I'll post.

Sherry~I'm here, hon. You will be fine, i just know it. I looked for you on Yahoo...

Ya, where is everyone? Did everyone have a Blessed Easter? Mine was fine. I missed my parents and brother, but i got some stuff done around the house that i wanted to and i felt good about that.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #42  

Smile

Hi!
I'm here too, but for just a moment... my Joe is off today and we are heading out the door within the next 15 min. I will be on tomorrow, after I get home from my Curves class, to post to everyone. I have some pictures to bore you all with too

*~*~*

Hi SHERRY -
Wishing you well tonight!
I know it will all work out just fine and then you'll think to yourself
"what was I so worried about?" Thinking of you... you are probably already there from what you last posted

Hi MICHELE -
Hi GARY -

*~*~*
Hi everyone...
I will catch up tomorrow

Till then...
*God Bless*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi
Just found this thread and hope that I can join.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #44  

Default Happy Day after Easter

Hello All!
Just wanted to check in and say Hello and say thanks for the welcome. My DH and sweet kiddies all loaded the van and went to visit the grandparents for Easter weekend. Lots of fun - but much to much food and chocolate - but when I weighed myself tonight when I got home I was only up 4 pounds and that is nothing unusual for the night time for me. I was really strict before I left for the trip and I will return to my old habit of eating healthy now that the food temptations are all gone - and I will continue to lose because I have the Lord on my side. He has been my source of strength with all the weight I have lost from the very beginning and just eating a few days off the normal routine is certainly not going to push me back up to where I started from. Anyway, just wanted to check in on you guys. Have a great evening and a blessed day tomorrow

DeenieM
Old 04-13-2004, 06:54 AM   #45  

Smile Morning Friends...

CEEJAY -
Of course you may join us
Just pull up your chair, come on in and tell us a bit about yourself...

Hi DEENIE -
So good to see you back and checking in... hope it won't be too long before you come back again Sounds like your Easter Weekend was absolutely wonderful with your family and visits... don't you worry - you will lose those 4#'s before you know it! Allot of it I bet is just bloat from being tired and eating what you haven't in awhile. As soon as you get back OP (On Plan) you will see it come right off

SHERRY -
I sure do hope all went well with that game last night!
I bet you surprised yourself and it all went smoothly

*~*~*

Okay... I haveta run...
I just thought I would take a look see before the hubby got home from his breakfast out with his buddies. I will be back after I get done with my Curves Class this morning to see how things are with everyone and to touch base with you all.

Later everyone...
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread