Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 09:50 AM   #76  

Default Quick morning hello!

Good Morning to All!!!
I am really excited this morning to report that those pounds are gone from the weekend!! I am back to where I was on last Friday! I did not exercise yesterday because of various things I had to get done - one being a major grocery shopping trip and some catch up with the laundry after being gone all weekend - plus church last night - not to mention just being lazy - haha!!! But good news is - those weekend pounds are gone and now I can look forward to losing some more pounds by the end of next week. DH and I have an anniversary trip planned for June 8-11 and my goal is to be in Onderland by then even if its only 199!! We are going to Gatlingburg,TN to stay in a cabin and we want to go hiking and doing alot of activities(I really want to canoe down the river) that I couldn't do before because I was so heavy. So pray for me to continue striving for that goal. I do not believe that 11 pounds in 7 weeks is too much to lose!

SunnyD - thanks for the advice on the t mill - I have been trying to slow it down alot because I also saw that advice from Michael Thurmond on the makeover show. I have been walking so long though that I have to get it up around 2.9 mph or so to get my heart rate in the fat burn range of about 120 - 130 but I try to go for a longer distance at a slow rate as best I can. I don't try to kill myself I will assure you !!

To everyone else - I pray for you to have a wonderful day as BIG LOSERS!!! That's what I'm striving to be - first time in my life I have wished to be a LOSER! But being a loser in this game is the real victory!

Everyone try to get that water in - I always strive for at least 70 oz. a day - I can usually drink that much without exploding !

Hope to hear from everyone soon!

DeenieM
Old 04-15-2004, 10:28 AM   #77  
Southern Belle

Smile

[size=3]I'm back. . . . . .

Gary~ Always good to hear from you even while you're passing through. You are ONE BUSY MAN!!! Or maybe TWO or THREE.
Have you gotten all the wood out of Rylee's teeth yet? It's a job, just keeping that pup out of trouble, if she's like ours.

Sunny~ Wow, 1 hr walking!!! That's is SOOOOOO GREAT!!! Glad to hear you are getting some nice weather. We have too the past two days, suppose to start raining again on Sunday. Maybe not with 40 degrees like last weekend. Your pictures were cute and your eggs were GREAT! Thanks for the Pat on the back with the softball! I did think under the circumstances that we did really well. We have another game tomorrow night and I pray that it goes much better. At least now I know a little more as to what to expect. Will practice again this afternoon and hopefully every little bit will help the girls too. Tuesday's practice, they weren't really there (bodies present but minds somewhere else.) So, it will be work tonight.

Sprout~Congratulations on the TWO lbs!!!! WOW 744 miles!!!!! You are really doing good!!! Keep up the good work!!! I had never heard of Hooked on Paces, but if it works for you, then that's what you should do. And I have to say, I've very proud of you exercising with your daughter!!!! That is the main reason I took on coaching the softball team, was the exercise. And main, it's a job!!!

Valerie~WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on losing 28lbs!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! Please come by as often as you like and post. This is a wonderful bunch of folks!!!! Lately it's been a little hard to keep up. But I love it!!! Glad to have you!!!

Aggie~ I also like udffus better than duffus. We have all been there. I am thanking God for our beautiful weather here in central Texas too. It's been so great the last two days, but I do dread the heat the summer months bring. Don't beat yourself up for what has already happened. Just begin new each day and ask God to help you be true to yourself and stick with your plan. He is a GOOD GOD!!! I am having the same problem. I start out good but somewhere along the way, I get too busy to ask for God's guidance and I seem to fall in the ditch. At least, my ditch is not as deep as it used to be.

Deenie~I know all too well what you mean about the salty things!!! That's my problem right now is fluid retention. I'm up a few lbs and it's all because I have been so busy and not planning my intake well. I drank a diet soda yesterday and it was like I poured it into my fingers and lower legs. You think I would learn. So glad that you got rid of those lbs!!! I was going to tell you that I was raised outside of Memphis. I actually was raised out toward Arlington, between two little towns - Bolton and Brunswick and then after I got married, lived in Bartlett. I miss that area. My brother and SIL live in Germantown and my niece and family live in Cordova. I also have lots of family in other parts of TN. And I would love to go back to Gatlinburg with you!!!! Oh, I love the mountains and Gatlinburg. I have family not too far from there too. Wish it wasn't so far from me. But hope you have a WONDERFUL time!!!! Small world. Good to have you here. Hope to hear from you frequently.

Well, guess I do need to do SOME housework today. The Lord knows it's not gonna go away without me doing it. I hope I haven't missed anyone, I surely tried not to. But we have had so many posts lately, it was hard to go back and forth in posting. {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} to everyone!!! Have a GREAT Thursday!!!!! Cya later!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #78  

Sunshinelady - just wanted to add that it is great that you are coaching this team for your daughter. I don't have enough courage to get out in front of people and do something like that - I don't mind doing other things but sports stuff is just not my area of comfort. I do however have a DS who is playing coach pitch baseball on our church team. I have to take him to practice tonight becasue DH has a Greek test tomorrow and must study. He attends Seminary in Germantown(that is where he is working on his Masters of Divinity) but we go to church in Memphis. I have been too all those places you mentioned in your post and am very familiar with all of them - it is a great place to live. Inner city Memphis is being abandoned like a burning ship though - people are moving out everyday because it is getting so bad! They are moving to Germantown and Cordova and Bartlett and even North Mississippi because taxes and crime rates are so high! I am really looking forward to the Gatlinburg trip - haven't been anywhere by ourselves in a long time and sometimes taking trips with the kids is more work for me than staying home!! God bless and have a great day!
DeenieM
Old 04-15-2004, 01:44 PM   #79  
Southern Belle

Talking

Here's a email that I got this morning that I thought was really good.

The Holy Alphabet
Although things are not perfect
Because of trial or pain
Continue in thanksgiving
Do not begin to blame
Even when the times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know
Imagine life without His love
Joy would cease to be
Keep thanking Him for all the things
Love imparts to thee
Move out of "Camp Complaining"
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Praise can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To "thank" is a command
Until we see Him coming
Victorious in the sky
We'll run the race with gratitude
Xalting God most high
Yes, there'll be good times and yes some will be bad, but...
Zion waits in glory...where none are ever sad!

"I AM Too blessed to be stressed!"

The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.

The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything. Love and peace be with you forever, Amen.

PS: GOD LOVES YOU...PASS THE WORD ON TO MORE FRIENDS AND ASK THEM TO
CONTINUE TELLING OTHERS THAT GOD LOVES THEM TOO. JUST THINK OF HOW MANY
PEOPLE THAT COULD BE REACHED OUT TO AND BLESSED WITH THESE WORDS.

Old 04-15-2004, 02:12 PM   #80  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

Had lunch today with my old boss and the girls in the office. Was nice to see them and catch up.

Had an interesting call last night from the guy in Alpha that I hoped would ask me out. He finally called and we talked for quite a while. Asked if i'd come over for a BBQ sometime. I said yes.....but now confused if i'm not being right with Charlie. Well, we're not committed, so I have to just see what happens. Perhaps i'll never see him after all. It's awful being single and figuring this all out. I don't want to mess anything up, so i'll have to go with my gut.

Will try to post individually later, but know that you are all very dear to me and in my prayers!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:11 PM   #81  

Default I didn't fall off the edge of the Earth but close!

I finaly have all the software installed again, last week I spent my free time doing stuff for the Easter bullitin, and all the little handout and things, between that and work no free time. But doing better this week. I am doing a lock-in with a group of teenagers tom. night then have to be to work at 5:30pm so will sleep the day away. Trust you all had a wonderful Easter. I did and the youth group did a great son rise service. It took me two days to catch up with reading. Lots of new faces which is nice.
Hi Ceejay and Valarie, aggie, deenie - nice to have you guys posting, this is a great site, everyone is so supportive and friendly. so welcome, Sami- sorry to hear about the aches but you sound like you are doing great. We leave June 24- July 17th for Alaska been really working getting ready for China need shots and needed to get a passport ect. But things are underway now.
Sunny- New T-mill great, I have one, I just got to find the time to use it. Neat pics of fish and the boys, I have a 55 gal. octogon tank at work.
Wilma- good job loosing those Easter pounds, Happy Belated Anniversay!
Continued
Old 04-15-2004, 05:17 PM   #82  

Default Continued-

Mitchy- congrats on passing your test. I had to go to Albany to take a promotional exam, but won't hear for a couple months how I did. Sounds like things are going well with Charlie. Pray all continues well.
Sprout- Thanks for all your inspirationals, Glad to hear things going well at the new gym, and that your Dr.s visit went well. Awesome down 2 lbs in such a short time. Way to go.
My pastor just came through his tests with no problem had one more test pending, but all others came back clean.
Sherry- Trully praying you and your hubby are feeling better. Love your posts and all your graphics.
Angel - still praying for ds and grandkids, pray your feeling better.
E.Z. - Hi there Can't believe how big rylee is getting, can understand why he is such a hit. Beautiful roses but then they were last year too.
Well gotta run seems like I been on-line for hours. Try to get on more frequent , love and prayers,
Old 04-15-2004, 09:03 PM   #83  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Thursday Evening

HI GALS

So sorry I haven't been here much the last few weeks--so busy with all the sports going on and of course that darn chewing dog I keep telling her " I said come here and cheer me up not CHEW me up " She is really getting the hang of things if you know what I mean...SHE OWNS US!! I have the evening off for the first time in I don't know how long, nothing to do but rest. Have dinner taken care of--easy!! went to the store and got fresh rolls, macaroni salad, spinach salad, chips and (beer for me ) . We have a ton of ham and turkey lunch meat that needs to be eaten or tossed--so sandwiches tonight. Been really busy at work too so I haven't been getting those "short" days I LOVE. Went to my buddies son's high school baseball game last night and he didn't play! The coach is saving him for Friday night against a tough team-- oh well, he was sure glad I came anyway-- they won 17 to 4. Daughter has her last home match of the year tomorrow afternoon, then off to regionals which are 2 hours from me this year then nationals which are in Alabama--then home for the summer

SUNNYD-- OK girl how do I go about "kidnapping" those 2 precious little ones for the day? Such cuties! boy Mikala sure is growing. How did the walk with Joe go? good weather for you two lovebirds ? I am so proud of your exercise routine! I found that if I covered up the TIME on the machine with a towel that sometimes the "journey" went a little faster--I know what you mean about the last 10 draggin' on--can you see TV or listen to music to help pass the time? Love the pictures of the fish, you have such a cute home! And you and Joe painting eggs together--Yea babe that's what I'm talkin' about I can't wait until the end of summer and see the results of all your hard work!! Keep on truckin'!!!!

WILMA Happy anniversary I hope you and your husband have a great week-end together! Knowing you "MARTHA" you have big plans Gourmet-gourmet!! and a little romance too I'm sure!! Enjoy your special time!!!

SAMI What ever has gotten in to you girl--WE ARE LOVIN' IT!!! Such a change in attitude and health!! So proud of you!! I bet your family is too. I am not so sure what the Dr. means by stretching while you ride--are you sure that is what he meant and not after? and before? How are all those kids doing? and the newlyweds?

MICHELE Things seem to be going good with Charlie--are you sure you want to risk going out with another guy dear? You said you weren't committed yet-OK with that-- but.....what can I say girl..your a player It was nice that you were able to see your old friends for lunch. Enjoy you ROMANCE and your POSSIBLE ROMANCE--JUST BE SMART!! I know you will! Remember your massage therapist said you looked in love BEFORE the call from the alpha guy. NOT!! trying to tell you what to do!! Just being a dad!!

ANGEL So sorry you are losing sleep over the son. I know you are looking for answers on the internet but the answer has to come when he is ready-- has he ever looked into the SALVATION ARMY? A great place! Did wonders for my brothers and a buddy. Prayers for your family.

SUE ANYONE seen Sue? Oh-there you are!! So good to hear from you! Sounds like you had your usual busy Easter week! Another teen lock-in huh--are you NUTS? You are such a good role model. We went to Son rise service too, ours is at 6am, was yours? Hope China plans are going well for you on the adoption business! Get a couple of extra kids for me and you to play with in ALASKA

SPROUT Hey girl almost to the 750 mark! And another 2 gone FOREVER! Hopefully the work-out with your daughter will serve many purposes-- lost weight and GAINED time together without the troubles of her brother getting in-between. JUST STAY MOTIVATED- I know it hasn't been an easy few years here-- you are our hero!!

SHERRY How is it going coach? I remember when I first met my wife, she was coaching my step-daughter's team at the time, she was 7-- I told her that was so nice, she said that NO she wasn't! that she was a brat-- I got her a shirt that said COACH BRAT on it!! I think she liked it-- not sure but she married me a year later anyway!!! I hope Kelli has as much luck from her Ranger as I have with mine. I have a 93 Ranger crew cab, red-- it has 230,000 miles on it. I could buy another but I love my truck and I don't have top worry about keeping it nice! either, soon I will have to get a new one. I am still praying for great success with the counselor-- doesn't it make you MAD when we can't fix our children's troubles!! Thank-goodness that GOD guy is around

AGGIE-VALERIE-DEENIEM and CEEJAY Hi, Welcome and keep coming back...

Gotta go Angie wants to yell at me about something
Old 04-15-2004, 10:42 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hello Guy's and Gal's
Sherry Thanks for sharing the Holy Alphabet. I printed it out. Your graphics are good also. I especially liked the Friendship graphic.

SunnyD I'm impressed that you get up that early in the morning to do your exercise. On the days I work I go to the gym immediately afterwards. It takes the stress away from those long days. I work from 7 a.m. till 7 p.m. 4 days one week and 3 the next.

DeenieM Sounds like you and dh have a fun trip planned for your anniversary. Have fun and enjoy the time together.

Michele I'm single also so I know that it is hard to be alone. I say that if you are not committed to Charlie, you have the right to date other men. Commit dating to the Lord. I didn't want to break it off with Mark myself so I have asked the Lord to not have Mark to think about me. It's been almost 6 weeks now and I haven't heard from him. Praise the Lord!!!!

Gary Hope that Angie didn't yell to long or to loud.

Hi to Sami, Wilma, Angel and Sprout and to anyone I have over looked.

My day has been productive. Thursday is usually my physical rest day but I was mentally charged. Cleaned the kitchen and bathroom in the house.
Had an ear, nose and throat doctor's appointment at one thirty and after 53 years I'm finally diagnosed with allergic rhinits and allergies. The doctor had given me some meds to try for three weeks but they were just not working so he gave me some different meds to try for 2 weeks. I have just taken one 60mg Allegra and used the Flonaise spray once and I'm already telling the difference. I am to take the Allegra 2 times daily where as the Clairnex was 25mg once per day.

Worked on abs and upper body today at the gym. Got to go today at a decent time and it wasn't as crowded.

Weighed in this morning and I'm down 1.5 pounds. pleased about this also. I've started back on the South Beach Diet. The doctor told me I could have one starch per day due to my under active thyroid, and he also told me to please do not cut out your carbs. My blood sugar level tends to drop if I do cut out carbs.

It's night time here so good night everyone. Sweet dreams.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-15-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:27 AM   #85  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning everyone
Just stopping in very quickly to touch base with you before I go to
Curves this morning.

I have already done my T-Mill I walked for an hour (5:15 - 6:15am) and burned 310 Cal/96Fat Cal and went 2.10 miles. And now I must be going so I won't be late meeting my girlfriend at Curves...
I will check back with all you lovely people as soon as I am able to when I get home. I have some errands to run today

*May God's Blessings be Yours*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-16-2004, 08:10 AM   #86  
Southern Belle

Talking Tgif :d

Good Friday Morning CEers!!!!!!

I'm been up a little bit doing paperwork and sipping my In my job, the paperwork NEVER goes away. Anything that is related in any way to the government involves lots of paperwork. I have been busier this week with work and have a very busy weekend. But that's probably a good thing since I can't seem to NOT buy those pretty little garden plants everytime I go to Walmart, Lowe's, etc.... Those little pretties just keep calling my name . . . . . . . . . PSS . . .Sher.r.r..y . . . look at me........ Living down here in the south, we have very hot and dry summers. I have already purchased purslane, moss roses, vincas, begonias, impatients, mexican heather, geraniums, dusty miller, marigolds, coleus, and a few others plus some zinna seeds, moss rose seeds, etc.... I have lots of the "old" stuff coming up like 4 o'clocks (one of favorites), elephant's ears, peonies, different sages, snapdragons, hollyhocks, rose of sharons, etc... And lots and lots of chocolate mint!!!! I planted one little 3 inch pot last year in our main flowerbed and now have about 10 feet of it. I love the way it smells, YUM, but it's taking over.

Ceejay~Congratulations on being down 1.5lbs!!!!!! Sorry to hear that you have the allergy thing but as a nurse, I'm seeing more and more of it showing up. Thank God, I am finally feeling some better. Allegra seems to be basically a good allergy med and Flonase is really a good one. Proud you are working that upper body and those abs. I need to do that, too. I'm doing the SB too but haven't been good this week. I plan to go back to Phase I next week and just maybe add a carb or two in so I guess that would be Phase I 1/2.

Gary~ Wow, your Ranger has been good to you! I think my dh had hidden motives for buying Kelli the Ranger. He said last night that when she got through with it he would just keep it and use it around here on the farm and not drive his Dodge dually diesel as much. Coaching is going better. I FINALLY got rule books yesterday and a new scorebook. Thank goodness since our next game is well, tonight. We practiced yesterday and the girls are understanding the whole picture better but have quite a few having problems batting. Just can't hit the ball. I think next week we are going to use a T and a ball on a rope and practice. And see if that helps.

Sue~ I have missed you!!! So glad to see you back!!! Glad your pastor is doing well. My dh and I are feeling better. Thanx! Wow, you have to be younger than me to be doing those sleep overs. : I just can't do them anymore. Hope you can come around again real soon!! Glad to have you back!!!

Michele~ Wow, you almost have the men beating down your door to see you. Just be careful, what ever you decide. You have the look and feelings in your heart for Charlie. You don't want to hurt him. Think about how you would feel if he went out with someone else and you found out. And he hadn't told you. I'm not saying not to go out with the Alpha guy, but just consider it all. If Gary can be DAD, I guess I can be MOM. You are right, you aren't commited, but you don't want to hurt Charlie either. Glad your lunch went well with your friends. I love to see folks that I haven't seen in a while, it's good for the soul.

Deenie~ Wow, it is a small world. Yes, the last time we were in Memphis, I noticed how the inner city was in really bad shape and almost abandoned. It's sad. You would think they would try to fix it up but I guess with the crime, it's hopeless. It's hard for me to believe how much the outskirts is growing, every time we are there. I remember when Barlett wasn't much more than a couple of gas stations, a TG&Y, a few other stores and a few eating joints. NOW - WOW, it's grown so much that it all runs together and you can't really tell where Memphis ends and Bartlett begins. But the same thing has happened with Germantown and Cordova. Even out where I grew up they are constantly building new homes, etc... I probably wouldn't like living there now. I'm just a country girl at heart.

Well, I better hop to it and get in the shower. Glad to see so much activity here but it sure keeps me busy. LD HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT FRIDAY AND A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!! Try to get out and take advantage of the spring weather, if you can!!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 09:55 AM   #87  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, i'm feeling so down and defeated this a.m. I had to pay on my taxes yesterday and i'm so broke, i can't manage my bills right now and i just don't know what to do... I want to just give it up.....i need to turn to the Lord. The phone and electric are overdue....geez, what am i going to do. I'll figure it out, but i hate this sick feeling.

I'm upset with Charlie too, he called last night, he can't make a decision about what we should do on our date tomorrow, go to dinner, bring something in, go to the movies, watch a movie at home, cook at home, go out and have dinner......geez, why is this so difficult. I feel like i haven't seen him all week, i would think he could handle this. I don't care what we do, i just want to spend time with him. I just wonder if he has the time or inclination to include me in his life. Oh, i'm not in a good mood, i'm thinking i should just stay home and not do anything.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:59 AM   #88  

Default Wow you guys are awesome!

Good morning!
You are all so welcoming!

Sunny D: You are amazing! I came to this page today and there was a smiley face waving at me! I praise God! You lift up the discouraged with those presonal touches. I want to learn to do fun things like that...

Wilma: I appreciate your words You are right we can do it! I am praying that you have a wonderful weekend.

Sunshine Lady: Thank you for the warm welcome the encouragement to post... The holy alphabet was a pefect word from God for me this morning and Praise God it went to my heart today. Thanks for making things beautiful!
Michele: Praise God for your self control concerning food! Please pray for me councerning fasting. I used to fast. Did you feel like God broke the power of food in your fast? Have you read Hunger for God? I am finding that it is the small things I do that add up. I am hopeful to form habits that keep me healthy. One at a time.

Ceejay: I am glad that I am not the only new person. My prayers go out for you. You are a busy woman! The bible verse you shared greatly encouraged me!

Aggiehank you for helping me find my way here. I am greatly encouraged. I would love to hear from you.

Angel: Your bunny hopping and the pictures are wonderful. this site really is a feast for the eyes! Thank you for livening things up a bit.

Marilyn: Your words are encouraging! 4 work outs! I need to get more active. I also admire your wise purchases. I am learning how to buy things for myself. This entire business of taking care of myself is new to me. Please pray for me. Blessings on your daughter.

Sprout: Congratulations on your loss. I am hopeful to average two pounds a week. At that rate I will be at goal in a year.

DeenieM: I am praying for your weigh in day! what is SW? I am just curious!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Old 04-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

GOTTA BE QUICK THEN OFF TO DAUGHTER'S TENNIS--JUST CHECKED IN--MICHELE, REMEMBER LAST YEAR YOU WERE IN SAME TAX BOAT THAT WAS SINKING--HOWEVER--HE DID PROVIDE DIDN'T HE? OH, AND TAKE IT EASY ON US GUYS MAKING DECISIONS IN NEW ROMANCES--SOMETIMES WE DON'T WANT TO UPSET THE LADIES--I REMEMBER ANGIE WOULD SAY LET'S GO OUT TO DINNER (even after married) I WOULD SAY OK-WHERE? SHE WOULD SAY I DON'T CARE YOU PICK--I WOULD AND THEN ALMOST ALWAYS (MY STORY ANYWAY AND I AM STICKIN' TO IT!) SHE WOULD SAY NO I DON'T WANT THAT-- WE FINALLY MADE A DEAL OR AT LEAST I DID-- I JUST TELL HER IF SHE MAKES ME PICK I WILL ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS PICK MEXICAN FOOD-- I CAN EAT ANYWHERE, SHE CAN'T....GOTTA RUN..PRAYERS TO ALL.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:48 PM   #90  

Default Dieters devotions for April 16, 2004

April 16

James 1:3
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

When you get really serious about losing weight, you have no alternative but to develop patience. There are no safe, quick ways to lose a lot of weight. It takes time. The body takes a long time to build up, and it takes a long time to wear down. However, the person who sticks with her diet will be amazed to find that the longer it's adhered to, the easier it gets. A time comes when the diet is no big deal. In many cases, people find they prefer their diet to their former way of eating. Patience is an elusive trait, but once it is attained, it is its own reward.

Today's thought: Patience would be a lot easier if it didn't take so long to get.
Closed Thread