Old 04-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Rosebud, Right now I hurt from head to toe. Nothing unusual as I have fibro and back issues. Stairs are a problem. I'm just going to have to get out and walk.
Thanks for the prayers
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #92  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone and WELCOME & WELCOME BACK to some of you! I also remember Candykisses and Patty from awhile back. I also had 'gone missing' for quite awhile and, unfortunately, but due to my own lack of control, gained a lot of my weight back. Still struggling some, but I know it's due to stress and I'm trying to work some of that out --and a big THANKS to everyone here for letting me vent a bit toward that end !!

Today's Mom's final doctor visit before the surgery and we're to find out how many allergies she has and if there are any allergies to the materials from which the hip prosthesis is made. Prayers on that one, because if she's allergic to it, all they can do is a hip resection, which would simply remove the ball part of the joint, shortening her leg several more inches and not improve her mobility much, although it would relieve the pain she has right now. But, hoping that the allergies are not an issue. I've been seeing God work in her-she's no longer allergic to latex, which used to be a big problem, as she worked in a hospital. I believe God is healing all the issues she had that would prevent her from having the surgery. And, He's been hard at work healing her attitude toward doctors and medicine, as well, or we'd have never gotten her to the doc to begin with!

So, it's gonna be a long day, with driving and doctor visits. Fortunately, DH can take off a bit earlier today to take DS3 to soccer practice. They were supposed to have an away game last night, but was raining so hard and sooooo cold that they postponed it-thank goodness! My hands were already hurting from being out in the cold to drive him to physical therapy and I was NOT looking forward to sitting out in the cold rain for 3 or 4 hours! His PT is going well and the Achilles tendon seems to be healing up very quickly-they are very pleased and are going to let him play as normal, with a few follow up visits to make sure the swelling doesn't return

Well, my eating has been better the last couple days. Finished the books I was reading about fats and heart disease and I'm convinced we've all been duped by the drug companies, so I'm not worrying about saturated fat any longer. Dumping any hydrogenized or partially hydrogenized or trans-fats completely and going to use only butter & olive oil for cooking. Got to get the processed stuff out of our diet too, but that will take some doing with the DH and DS's, so will have to phase things out slowly

So, now I must start getting ready to go! Hope you all have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #93  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PATTY ~ have added your health issues to our current prayer list on page 1 of the Prayer Warrrior's Thread.

RONNIE ~ prayers going up for a successful & safe trip for you and your Mom; glad to hear DS3's heel is healing up so well -- Praize GOD!

Well, we've had a little here today; so I did some laundry and hung it outside. They are calling for more sun for the weekend, so that will be nice too. I felt a bit hungry yesterday, so ate a bit more and felt better for it. Have been doing quite well with my eating though.

GOOD NEWS UPDATE ~ I had some more NSV's this month -- I measured myself today; and I have lost a total of 26" off my body since the last time I measured. This time though, I also measured my forearms, wrists & other places that I hadn't measured before becuz I really can notice that they are smaller. So I know that I have actually lost more than that, but that is still an awesome NSV to give me a boost. With the lost lbs, that gives me more incentive to work harder too.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #94  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Rosebud- Wonderful progress!! Congrats on such good work!

We got good news on the allergy front for Mom-no allergy to any of the prosthesis materials! Lots of other allergies to ingredients in most household cleaners, laundry detergents, etc, but none to anything that will affect her surgery, so it's a go for May 1. She's ready to get it over with!

So, now, time to veg out in front of the tv, because the driving just wipes me out, but glad I can be a help to Mom. It's helping our relationship somewhat-I was always Daddy's girl and, due to things that happened when I was small, Mom really never bonded with me. It's nice to be able to learn more about her now

Have a good evening, everyone!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #95  
Rosebud

Here's a link to threads about "shoe-string meals" here on 3FC's site ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/shoestring-meals-235/

RONNIE ~ glad everything turned out OK for your mom today; and that you had a good trip. That's great that the two of you are now able to get a little closer too. PRAIZE GOD for answered prayers ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-20-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Church this AM, then spending the next 2 days with baby Faith, oh, yes, her parents will be there, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #97  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Enjoy that GRANDdaughter time Bargoo!

This line was in our service this morning...probably written by our Pastor, not sure....

If our minds are closed to the voice of God, it does not matter for us that Jesus' tomb is open......
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, it's almost evening here. I just finished my bowl of oatmeal for breakfast-had apple, raisins, pecans, a little butter and honey in it. Had a shower but still in my housecoat. Oh well. We have been having snow flurries most of the morning here. Blackberry winter, it's called here. My daughter called and we had a good chat. I miss her My grandson was jabbering and laughing. Won't get to see them until Mother's day weekend. It will be a short, busy trip.
Im discouraged this morning about several things-my grades, my son (still has the knot on that bone) other things going on. Holding onto Gods' promises that He knows all about it and He will work in all these things.

Weighed 211 this morning. I've gone down a pound or so. Going to focus on drinking more water and less coffee today. Have some veggies I need to roast. Studying for a lab pracitcal tomorrow at school.
You all have a blessed day.

Last edited by Oh 2 be me; 04-23-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #99  
Quit counting at 45!

Patty: Great news on the lbs. loss. Even with the stress in your life you're working on the loss. I hope your son's knot goes away soon. It so hard to see our kids in pain. Have fun with your grandson. I can hardly wait to hold my new one!

Garry: Great line and so true!

Ronni: So glad to hear things are going ahead for your mom and that your relationship is growing closer. Prayers for a successful surgery.

Rosebud: Congrats on all those inches lost and you're only 3 lbs away from 100 lbs. lost. WOW!

We laid low this weekend. DH was down with a cold and I don't want to get one as we fly to see grandson #2 next week. We mainly had some cabbage borscht that I had made - loaded with veggies.

I spent time learning my new sewing machine and got a couple of items ready for the baby. I think we're taking just as much for him as we are for ourselves!

Bargoo: Enjoy your time with Faith. They grow up so fast.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #100  
Rosebud

For the third week of April, we had ...

SUNDAY -- baked fish, sliced tomatoes, and coleslaw salad w/cukes
MONDAY -- shepherd's pie; green beans & corn
TUESDAY -- chicken pattie/chz & onions, corn & salad
WEDNESDAY -- tomato-beef patties; green beans & corn
THURSDAY -- baked fish; sliced tomatoes; coleslaw salad w/cukes
FRIDAY -- salad first; baked pizza (gave half crust to our furrry baby)
SATURDAY -- deli chicken breast; new potato; veggies

BF -- ham & egg/tst; medium wg bagel/pb; eggwich/chz; .5 orange or pear, or peaches; coffee.

LUNCHES -- veggie pita pizza; salmon sandwich (2days); ham & chz sandwich; leftovers (2days); ham & chz omelette; soup (3days); carrots; tea.

SNX -- almonds; baby carrots; lowcal HM banana loaf; yogurt; chz; apple; peaches; .5 pear; and brd/pb on low days; ovaltine; tea.

PATTY ~ that oatmeal sounds great; a lot like my homemade muesli: granola + fiber cereal + almond slices + raisins. Yes, we have to trust GOD in these matters, even when it's hard; ^prayers^ continue for you and your son.

WILMA ~ thanks, worth all the effort I put into my toning exercises each day. My mother used to make the most beautiful baby clothes; she even sold some. You are making good use of your new sewing machine already.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-25-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I don't see a Christian Encouragers for May yet, but I hope we keep this up because I think I need to come back to this group. I haven't been here in a really long time, but I need to be with other Christians who encourage each other. I will go back and catch up reading what is going on with everyone.
Y'all have a Blessed Day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

trish, welcome back. You won't find a finer bunch of Christians than you find here . IMO.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
trish, welcome back. You won't find a finer bunch of Christians than you find here . IMO.
I haven't been here for so long that I can't remember when it was, but I agree Bargoo, I remember this being a wonder group of loving Christians.

I've been working at getting diabetes and weight under control and realized today that while I pray for God to help me, but really I've been trying to do it on my own. Of course, when we Christians try to do anything separate from Him, we are not successful. Thus my return to the Encouragers group. I want to be encouraging to y'all while I receive encouragment from y'all. Thanks for the welcome back. I've so glad to be here.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote