Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post
Patty love your picture of your cow! Been a lazy day today.
THanks, Bootsie. There is a pasture above my house. They are so much fun to watch.

Well, it has been a long day. I spent the day in the ER with my 21 yo son. He has an ear infection, perforated ear drum and a big knot on the bone behind his ear.
I had taken him to a free clinic (it is a medical ministries clinic that I volunteer at, they offer free medical services to those who don't have insurance, my son doesnt' and is unemployed), the dr there said he thought he had infection in that bone (mastoiditis) and said he needed to go to the er so that they could do a cat scan. But the er dr didnt' think it was infection in the bone, didn't do the cat scan. Cleaned out his ear, gave him an antibiotic.
I pray that he is right and the infection is not in that bone. Infection in a bone is not a good thing!! It can require surgery to remove the infection part.
I would appreciate prayers for him. And that he will regain hearing in that ear.
I'm exhausted-mentally and physically. Didnt' have much to eat (a Borabora bar, almonds and a snickers) until about 4:30 then had a hamburger and fries. THen came home nd had a couple slices pizza. sigh.
I did go to the store and bought some veggies, so that is a start.
I really needed to study for an exam I'll have on Thursday and I have 2 gallon of strawberries that I had planned on making jelly out of today. Just going to get those in the freezer. I have classes all day tomorrow, except for about 3 hours tomorrow evening, I could possibly come home and do them then. I would just really love to go to bed and crash.
Well, enough of that.
Till tomorrow
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PATTY ~ ^Prayers^ going up for your son's ear infection & hearing, to be restored. That's wonderful the work those doctors (and you) are doing at the free medical clinic; may GOD bless them all mightily.

Tip of the Week ~ Kudos to you for getting the veggies & the fruit. Just chalk yesterday up to a "maintenance day", and move right along. I was reading recently that it is a good idea to have one higher calorie day each week to change things up a bit anyways (just to keep your body guessing so2speak).

I would just put the fruit in the freezer until you have a free day to make the jam (I've done that before too). Take this evening, go to bed early, and catch up on your rest; the jam can wait -- your health & well-being is much more important ...

Well, we had a big ***** storm the other night and it's a wonderful, winter wonderland out there, but the is also shining and it's lovely really.

DH and I put up the new aluminum blinds in the kitchen yesterday AM, and they look really nice -- they're capacino ice beige to match our countertops. So, that's 4 down, 2 to go. DH is running errands for me this AM; he loves doing that.

A whole bunch of spring birds have returned this week, but seem a bit miffed about all this snow -- and there's been some scrapping going on at the feeders ... We had to bring one in becuz the Rock Doves and Blackbirds were hanging from the tree knots and knocking the food on the ground for everyone else -- they have all become tree acrobats, I swear.

So, we just left up one narrow, long funnel-type feeder; and will broadcast the food around the yard to make it last longer. We try to wean them off food for the summer, and start up again in November. Some robins, junkos, sparrows, Grackles & red-winged Blackbirds have joined the Starlings & Doves so far. It's lovely to hear the sparrows singing in the lilac bush just outside my window here -- it's music to my ears.

Hope you all have a nice OP week; just keep on, keepin' on ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-17-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #78  

Well, it's been a good day-eating wise. I'm using SparkPeople to count my calories. I ended at a little over 1600 cal. But..I did not count for the extra half n half I've had today with coffee. I've not drank much water, either. Tuesdays are my long days at school and it has been a stressful one.
I planned my lunch and took it to school instead of going out to eat between classes.
It's a start!!
Tomorrow-more water and less coffee!!

Rosebud--I love watching the birds! I have trouble with the squirrels getting on the feeder.
My son-please cont praying for him. He says he is not in pain, still cannot hear out of that ear and the knot on that bone looks like it has gotten a bit bigger. Praying that a few days on the antibiotic, it will start going down, if not, we may be going back to the er.
Oh! I forgot to say that I climbed 50 stairs today! I had to stop to take a breath and to let my legs relax a few times but I made it.
My legs cramp even after a few steps. And I get short of breath. But I did it!!
Off to bed. Long day tomorrow again. Big test in Anatomy & Physiology on Thursday. I have to do good on this test or I'm going to fail the class
Old 04-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #79  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Ladies...

Sorry I haven't posted here much, although I do come and read daily.

I have been busy at work, then remodeling the kitchen and floors in our home...and spending time with those...

GRANDdaughters1&2 .....

we are getting close....cabinets this week-end and floors, maybe next week, if I finish my end of the prep this week-end. Unfortunately we have a funeral to attend

I shall return
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #80  
Rosebud

PATTY ~ got some study/test tips for you -- read your notes each night before going to sleep becuz you retain more that way. When you have a big test or exam coming up, start reading your notes every night for about 15 minutes (1-3 weeks before); for an exam: 3 months ahead (the bigger the test, the sooner you start). [See Bargoo's tip about "notes" below]

Plus, when you are doing the test, don't forget to use your intuition, and the gift of general knowledge when you encounter a question you're not sure of. Some teachers are sticklers for exact terms, but others aren't, and will give you credit for ingenuity. Answer all the ones you know "for sure" first; then go back to the others, pray for recall, then give it a good guess -- and, never leave any questions blank: bluff your way through them. You can often get at least 25% more answers correct by using your intuition; it can mean the difference between passing or failing, or getting an A instead of a C.

E2A ~ I used to make up mini-tests for myself from my notes and text books (such as high-lighted terms); then I would test myself until I got them all correct. Plus, I memorized all terms, definitions, and formulas. Having someone (like a friend or family member) quiz you also helps a lot.

Good for you for taking small & big steps in the right direction; over time, they will add up and garner amazing results. ^PRAYERS^ still going up for the infection in your son's ear; glad there is no pain. The squirrels can't get to the food in the tube feeder that we have hanging in our fir trees (so far); but then we stop the food in the spring as soon as the last bag is gone, and only start up in the fall again when the snow starts (in November).

HI GARY ~ glad that kitchen is coming along nicely: that, life, work, and the grandbabies are keeping you busy. We understand that.

HI to everyone else ~ have a great OP day ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-18-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Patty, about studying , I have found this to be helpful. As you are studying write things down, not everything , of course but key points or anything you think might be hard to remember. The addition of writing things down helps you to remember and recall as you are taking your test.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #82  
Rosebud

Quote:
As you are studying write things down, not everything , of course but key points or anything you think might be hard to remember. The addition of writing things down helps you to remember and recall as you are taking your test.

I agree -- that's the "NOTES" that I was referring to in my post above. I always took or made notes of the things I wanted/needed to remember. Often the teacher talks more about the things that he/she thinks are most important too.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #83  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Here’s something to think about:

The Gospels do not explain the resurrection; the resurrection explains the Gospels. Belief in the resurrection is not an appendage to the Christian faith; it is the Christian faith. – John S. Whale
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #84  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Wow its been so long since I have been here. 2 years+ I believe. I still see many familiar bames. :-) Not sure if any of you remember me but this board was so helpful in my finding myself and my relationship with the Lord. For those of you that do remember me so much has changed the past 2 years or so. I got out of a relationship in which I could no longer be happy. I met my soulmate. He is truly amazing and understands me and loves me for all that I am, got married and on January 8th of this year we had our first child together. Oh and we alsi moved across the country from Ohio to Arizona. Whew its been a crazy fast ride but I couldbt ask for more. I'm currently a stay at home mommy after years of working 2/3 jobs. I finally found where God wants me. I was meant to be at home raising my son and taking care of my husband. It took a lot of learning, mistakes and turmoil to get here but everything finally has fallen into place and I couldn't be happier.

I'm so happy to have this support back in,my life. Now more than ever I want to be healthy not just for myself but my son and future children. O want them to have a happy, healthy and activities mom. So its time to lose the rest of this weight I put on while pregnant. I was only 20 lbs away from goal before I gained an astounding 70lbs. YIKES! This time its not going to be about the number but how I feel in my own body and clothes.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

CandyKisses, welcome back and congratulations on the marriage and baby.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #86  
Quit counting at 45!

You nailed it Gary! Without the resurrection we would not have our faith.

Candy: I remember you! Glad to see you're back. I'm so glad to hear that things have turned around for you. Congratulations!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #87  

Hello everyone, It's nice to read all the encouraging faith based words. I am still struggling each evening but I will not give up. I really appreciate hearing from other christians.
needsupport55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #88  
Rosebud

Back, CANDY ~ Yes, we sure do remember you; and wowie -- how life has changed for you. Oh, that little boy is adorable!!! Glad you found your way back to us ...

NeedsSupport ~ just keep coming back. The afternoon & evening are the two tuffest times for me, so I have been trying different strategies. For the afternoon, I save .5 sandwich or just a slice of bread (which I did today). I had leftovers from last night's dinner with veggies for lunch, and saved my bread for my snack (with peanut butter) & tea. Someone on the net somewhere suggested to save half your lunch (in this case, half your sandwich or bread) for your afternoon snack, so you don't have to eat more calories.

For the evening, I am now eating a more substantial dinner and find that this is helping me alot. Last night I was low on my calories so I had 1 cup of a whole grain fiber cereal with 1% milk & sweetener, and that did the trick for me. I have to watch what I eat at night or it can start a mini-binge. Cereal works for me; it fills me up well. Some nights, I am fine with only a piece of chz and/or some baby carrots. Glad that you came by again ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-19-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #89  

Evening all!
THanks for the 'studying' tips. The instructor let us use an index card for this test-it was on digestive system, urinary sys. and respiratory. We could put what ever we wanted on both sides of the card. I typed out my notes in a very small font, printed it and taped it to the card. I was so thankful we were able to do this. I record the lectures so I listened to those, too. I won't know my score probly not until next week.
I talked with my pharmycist this evening about the drs recommendation of taking cymbalta. She didn't seem to like it. I really don't want to take it and probly won't. I will be taking celexa tho. The pharm (and two different drs) have told me (within the past week) to get active!! sigh. It's hard to do when you hurt all the time. Adn the pharm said to drink, drink, drink water!! And cut down on my coffee! :-( I know I need to.
Well, I'm just rambling on. Hope everyone has had a good day.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #90  
Rosebud

PATTY ~ will send up some ^prayers^ for your depression and the pain in your body. Is it your legs that bother you? Can you walk a bit or is that a problem too? How about dancing 2-3 times a week. With the stairs at school, that should help a lot. Just start out slow though -- you don't want to hurt yourself either ...