Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Bargoo, I haven't read the post to which you referred, but I'd like to - do you remember what thread/about when it was posted?

Rosebud, I definitely see a face in that cloud! Thanks for your encouragement. Also that Italian pizza sounds very good. It reminds me of a "chili pie" I used to make, basically a pizza dough with chili-type fixins for toppings. Mmmm...

I don't much care for Arizona, but it does make me feel a little better hearing about some of you having SNOW already - I'm perfectly content without that. =)

CD and Bootsie, I hope you feel better soon! I grew up on a farm so I understand how you cannot call off sick. Your truck story also reminds me of my dad!

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday and blessings for the week to come.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:10 AM   #77  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We had a bit more blowing snow today but the did try to come out and did enuff to melt everything away. We just stayed home and had a very restful day; sure needed it after yesterday. I nodded off to sleep this evening and just woke up again. Gotta get back to bed or I'll never get to sleep again.

^Prayers^ going up for LAURIE, and BOOTSIE, to get rid of all those cold bugs or flus. Ya sure don't need that when you work on a farm or school (but can see where you might have picked it up) ... take good care of yourselves too! (We also had animals as you know; been there, done that; thru rain and snow and sleet; they gotta eat!)

IRIS ~ yes, I went away to college twice when I was single, so I know how it is; yeppers, you're right, that is a face in the clouds: how awesome is that? That pic was taken in a small village near by ... I thought it kinda looks like Albert Enstein a bit, but it could be any jolly ole fella, I think!

And, for all our Canadian friends out there ...

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I posted this in Prayer Warriors too but wanted to make sure that I thanked everyone.

Thanks for all your prayers for my Aunt. She hasn't bounced back as quickly as they thought that she would. But she is doing pretty good for being 80 years young! The thing is that she is very sensitive to pain meds. and if not careful she goes in to resperatory distress. Plus they make her pretty "loopy"!! A couple nights ago her daughter caught her going out the front door at 2:00 am!! She has seen things that aren't there and said things that are just goofy! But at least we all knew the pain meds can do this to her so it isn't to scary now. My cousin is working now at getting her off the pain meds and just trying the Tylenols! I know my cousin will have to go back to Colorado soon but I am hoping that she is able to stay until my Aunt is doing a lot better than she is right now. It is hard to believe that at her age she still drives herself to work 4 days a week for the utilitiy company! I hope I can be that good at her age----shoot--I wish I was that good now!!

Gary, glad that Annie is doing good. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Inspirational post be Echo

[quote=iriswhispers;2966262]Bargoo, I haven't read the post to which you referred, but I'd like to - do you remember what thread/about when it was posted?

[/quote

This was posted by Echo on 9-30-2009 titled......
I did it!! I passed my PhD! Greatest Goal of my life.
This is a long post, but worth every word.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #80  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi and good morning to everyone! We have snow falling here and it's been falling all morning! Only about 1/2 " accumulation so far, but I'm sure this is the earliest measurable snow for our area. It snowed in MN on Saturday when we were having the sale of FIL's stuff. Saturday was also my birthday and I can honestly say I've never seen snow for my b-day before. Today's our 19th anniversary, so is it a good thing or bad thing to get snow on your anniversary? All I can say is that I feel like hibernating and not coming back out of the house until May!

Karen-continued prayers for your aunt. She must be quite a spitfire to still be working at 80!

Rosebud-HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! Hope you're having a really nice holiday today! I kinda thought the cloud face looked like Shrek.

Bootsie and Laurie-sure hope you both get to feeling better quickly. Too bad I can't send you both some chicken soup, but here's some to help you feel better.

Well, I'd better get going and get something done here. Have a nice day, all!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #81  
Rosebud

I'd like to share my pumpkin custard recipe with you all; it is my version of sugarfree, crustless pumpkin pie. I make mine in a glass pie plate (about 9" round). I shared this in the diabetic section of Dieting with Obstacles becuz they often have to do without so many holiday dishes. I make two at this time of year; one with crust for DH and/or guests; and one without crust for myself, but DH loves it too and sometimes sneaks some on me.

PUMPKIN CUSTARD

1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree (1/2 large 28 oz can)
3/4 cup milk (regular or evaporated)*
2 large eggs
9-12 packets of artificial sweetener* (or 2/3 cup brown sugar)
1 tbl molasses * (diabetics omit; sub 1 tsp instant coffee)
1-2 tsp flour (optional; to thicken custard)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp mace

Combine all in bowl with whisk. Spray 9" glass pie plate or casserole dish with olive oil spray; then sprinkle bottom with flax meal or tbl whole wheat flour. Pour custard into dish and bake at 375 F for 50-60 minutes (or until the center is set). Let cool to almost room temp before serving; cover leftovers with plastic wrap and store in fridge: great for breakfast.

*Note: if you like thick custard, just cut the milk down to 1/2 cup; and 9 packets of sweetener = about 1/3 cup Splenda; but if you like a sweeter custard, use 12 packets or 1/2 cup Splenda. I put 1 tbl molasses in my pie which adds a richer flavor but you can omit that and just sub with 1 tsp instant coffee granules for the same effect without the sugar. For those that sugar is not an issue, you can use 2/3 cup brown sugar for the sweetener. Enjoy ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-12-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Waiting for Angie to get home from work. Monday is a late night for her since she co-teaches yoga to teachers from the district. I have yams in the oven and we are going to warm up some turkey and gravy we had in the freezer.

I had a short day at work and was able to get home in time for a quick 2.5 miler with the mutts before I went to a doctors appointment.

Nephew just called me on his way back to base at Great Lakes, he was at his girlfriend's family's hose for the week-end in Minnesota. He will head out to Norfolk, VA. on Wednesday for a couple of months then stationed back here in January. He cracks me up....so funny. He had me dig out some pictures to send to his girlfriend...wanted his NAVY Boot Camp graduation picture and his senior pic...I sent the Navy one and a class picture from about 3rd grade...

My son and his wife joined us at church yesterday...always a highlight of my day! We even sang Just As I Am Without One Plea and Amazing Grace, 2 of my favorite songs...I even saw my daughter before I went to church...she spent the night here. She came up to see her "uncle" my buddy that was here for the week-end...her husband was on a fishing trip so she just stayed. She would have gone to church except she had a 12 mile run to do with her running mates for her marathon training. She usually does the long runs on Saturday but she was at a wedding in another state so her teammates waited a day for her...sweet....

As I mentioned we had a big BBQ here Saturday night for my buddy....he has been gone for 15 years and has headed back to Oklahoma already. I grew up with him...as close to being a brother as possible.

Well...I shall be back..

Take care and Bless you all!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-12-2009 at 08:20 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #83  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Hi all, I'm doing better today. I was feeling decent by afternoon yesterday, so I was able to make the hymn sing at church. I run the PowerPoint so that no one has to use the hymnals

It was glorious - we sang all of the old favorites. Two doctors in town - one that plays the organ, and the other that plays the piano did a concert first, and then we sang for 90 minutes. Ya definitely could feel the Spirit movin'!!!!

Then, back to work today - which brought a 13 hour shift
But, that is the price one pays for going on vacation and being the only person that can do so many different things

So, thanks all for your prayers - I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't gotten better soon.

Prayers are continuing for everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving to our CA encouragers!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #84  
Rosebud

LAURIE ~ glad to hear that you are feeling better; that mini-concert sounds great. My ORGAN arrived today; DH went to get it first thing, and they didn't really need any extra help as the man didn't realize it had handles on the back to lift it -- DH and him did it by themselves. It is now in my livingroom and I tried it out today; it feels weird playing on two levels but in time, I will get used to it. I will take a picture of it to show you all too.

GARY ~ that was a cute trick you played on your nephew. Sounds like you and your friends and family had a great weekend. ^PRAYERS^ continue for ANNIE ...

KAREN ~ that sounds awesome; I bet you were thrilled with all that honor by a celebrity. I used to be able to do little 'wave' files on my other PC; don't know if they are still possible or not, OR if I could even put them on here. DH wanted me to have something else to do to while away the long, cold winters here. I have a piano too, but the organ sounds a bit different, especially for hymns. I have the whole winter to get proficient again too ...

Here's my birthday present ... a big bench came with this organ, so you can put books in it too, but it's kinda tall for my short legs, so I'm using one of the cushioned chairs that I use while on my PC too (they are much more comfortable for me).

my organ #1 www.JPG

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-13-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Everyone,

I've been MIA for so long here, but have been popping by to read some. Just want to let you know I'm still and all of you are still in my prayers.

Gary I was so glad to hear the good news about your sister. God is soooo Good all the time.

I will try to get back her tomorrow and catch up on things.

Prayers always coming your way,
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosebud, that is so exciting about your organ!! My Mom had an organ and a piano and had them sitting where my brother could play the organ with one hand and the piano with the other.. pretty fun! I don't have an organ or piano but I have been playing the accordion since I was about 12 years old. This goes way back--- but when I was in the 8th grade I played it in a national contest and took first place in my category. I was excited. And Myron Floren (from the Lawerence Welk show) was there and asked my parents if he could take me to dinner.. Very exciting to me at that age.. I still play but really need to just make time for it more for me! I so totally can get lost for hours in my own little world when I play! I look forward to seeing pictures--- wish we could do videos with sound!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #87  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Karen - we can do videos - just load it up to YouTube and post the link

Trish - glad you are posting again - we miss you!

Rosebud How AWESOME that you got it! DO post pictures! And, if you do get a chance to video - we would LOVE to hear you play!!!!!

Hi to everyone else - hope your day has been spectacular!

Mine was crazy again today - work for 11 hours, then home to make dinner, then off to chair the church admin council meeting, and finally home (at almost 10 p.m.)

Some days are just like that - oh well, it keeps me out of trouble (well - mostly)

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, what a beautiful gift ! I wish I could hear you play.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Rosebud, I can't wait to see a picture of your organ! How exciting.

Right now I am just putting off work I need to do, so popping in. I'll try to catch up in a day or two. =)

Blessings!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I love your name Iriswhispers that is so beautiful. I feel a little better while I was sick ate 6 homemade cookies , and I paid for that yesterday, they sure was not worth the sugar hangover at all. Not only that i gained weight on them. I am going back down though. I am praying really hard to find a good friend to become healthy with around here and i know Jesus will bring me one ,sooner than later. Rosebud snow, wow! I got a feeling that it just might snow here this Winter and if it does I am going to have a bunch of fun! I am sorry the kid comes out in me when it snows in Texas! Well best go have a bunch of things to do ,like I have decided if I am going to get anything done, I need to start a list! Y'all have a great Wednesday !
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote